Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3302
Default Re: Awesome Whitworth quote

I love the quote but in all honesty, I thought the move by Whitworth was boneheaded and idiotic. I'll remember this quote as Dalton gets destroyed on his blind side.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18025

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
The play was blown dead and he still knocked Dalton to the ground. That's not a clean play.

The referee's would have tossed out a flag in a second if the play was dirty. C'mon, take off the rose colored glasses and stop being biased.

You guys would call it a dirty play if Houston looked at him mean and Dalton cried.

No flag was thrown, the announcers never said it was dirty, AND I bet the league will not fine Houston for the play on Dalton. That is the key right there, come back at me when the league fines Houston!!! And if that was Big Ben and a Bengal defensive player you would be singing a different tune.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33034

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Not sure what that has to do with anything but I was all over the stands cheering whit on.
brings back memories of the last time Whit got ******...

Mr henderson tried to take his eye out.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Crusader View Post
I love the quote but in all honesty, I thought the move by Whitworth was boneheaded and idiotic. I'll remember this quote as Dalton gets destroyed on his blind side.
A Collins = no Worries.

and Whit sent a message. Take a Cheap shot on the QB and get Knocked out.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
The referee's would have tossed out a flag in a second if the play was dirty. C'mon, take off the rose colored glasses and stop being biased.

You guys would call it a dirty play if Houston looked at him mean and Dalton cried.

No flag was thrown, the announcers never said it was dirty, AND I bet the league will not fine Houston for the play on Dalton. That is the key right there, come back at me when the league fines Houston!!! And if that was Big Ben and a Bengal defensive player you would be singing a different tune.
I don't want to start trouble, but I both heard the whistle blow when Andre moved, and saw the flag from where I was, and then, saw the guy slam Dalton. But I may also be wearing the rose glasses. But the whistle had blown, I know that.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
I don't want to start trouble, but I both heard the whistle blow when Andre moved, and saw the flag from where I was, and then, saw the guy slam Dalton. But I may also be wearing the rose glasses. But the whistle had blown, I know that.

You may have heard it, but the player may not have heard it and more importantly, none of the referee's gave him a flag, now did they!!!

Let's see if the league will fine Houston, not for the fight with Whitworth, but for the tackle on Dalton.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
You may have heard it, but the player may not have heard it and more importantly, none of the referee's gave him a flag, now did they!!!

Let's see if the league will fine Houston, not for the fight with Whitworth, but for the tackle on Dalton.

Just sayin' what I saw, and heard. How do they blow a whistle, and not throw a flag for false start, oh, that was the flag I was referring to. The play was over. Clearly. I don't know who got flagged after that, I couldn't hear myself think. But Dalton went down, hard, and I knew the play had been blown dead. Not going to, and don't want to, especially with you, argue. The guy knew the play was over. False start normally draws a whistle and a flag, and both did happen. That was what I was saying.

Last edited by RumbleCat; 11-26-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
Just sayin' what I saw, and heard. How do they blow a whistle, and not throw a flag for false start, oh, that was the flag I was referring to. The play was over. Clearly. I don't know who got flagged after that, I couldn't hear myself think. But Dalton went down, hard, and I knew the play had been blown dead. Not going to, and don't wat to, especially with you, argue. The guy knew the play was over. False start normally draws a whistle and a flag, and both did happen. That was what I was saying.
If Houston heard the whistle, then the referee would have thrown a flag of roughing the passer.

You actually, think in Goodel's league he is ok with QB's getting hit with a cheap shot????

The league will fine Houston for roughing the passer, if not then you guys are over reacting.

Last edited by BengalYankee; 11-26-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 3

I absolutely LOVED Whitworth's reaction! I can't imagine a better thing happening for our locker room! He didn't throw a punch or go overboard, so he shouldn't get a suspension.

Seeing Whit stand up for his QB like that was the highlight of the game!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7789

Quote:

The play was blown dead for about 5 seconds before he took Dalton to the ground. And it wasn't dirty because a flag wasn't thrown? Come on, you should know refs don't always throw flags. There were a bunch of missed calls in that game and that was another one.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 11-26-2012, 03:17 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14126

Love the quote and Whit standing up for his QB

Here's video

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2189251.html

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-26-2012, 03:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

So you believe these regular officals arent blowing calls at an alarming rate?

because they are.... good thing they are back though.

So far the Replacement refs were better with calling penalties than these guys have been. (even if they had spotting issues...)
Old 11-26-2012, 03:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:

I was in the stands and it was an obvious dirty play. The play was blown dead long before the guy even got to Dalton. Basically the line stopped blocking because of the whistles, then the guy ran up and slammed Dalton. Whit had every right to get in the guys face and I'm glad he did it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

You would think that even if he didn't hear it he would think something was amiss since nobody else was playing anymore and dalton was just standing there looking at the ref. But what do I know, I was only actually there and 20 rows up from the endzone it happened in.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
If Houston heard the whistle, then the referee would have thrown a flag of roughing the passer.

You actually, think in Goodel's league he is ok with QB's getting hit with a cheap shot????

The league will fine Houston for roughing the passer, if not then you guys are over reacting.
And why exactly are you sticking up for Houston? Do we have a closet raiders fan in our midst?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2907

Had me on the edge of my seat. I totaly support him for doing what he did.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
And why exactly are you sticking up for Houston? Do we have a closet raiders fan in our midst?

Haha, yeah you caught me with your 400+posts. I hate the Bengals and I am Raiders fan.

It could not be that I call's it as I see's it.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
The play was blown dead for about 5 seconds before he took Dalton to the ground. And it wasn't dirty because a flag wasn't thrown? Come on, you should know refs don't always throw flags. There were a bunch of missed calls in that game and that was another one.
The league would salivate over fining Houston, for the "rough" play on Dalton.

Don't see it happening because outside of cincyland that was NOT a cheap shot.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21906

Awesome quote by the man. This is the stuff I like to hear about. That dude is like a mountain too....

Let this be a warning to all of you. If you ever see him out on the street...dont **** with Andy. Whit could just walk around from behind a corner and level you.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

So let me get this straight. Are you saying the refs saw when Houston took Dalton to the ground and you equate that as a missed call???

That is NOT a missed call, that is a judgement call in that not one of them felt the play was a cheap shot.

Now if none of the refs were looking at the play in which Houston took Dalton down, that would be a missed call.

If the play was that blatant, and the ref's did not see the play then the league would fine and possibly suspend Houston for his hit on Dalton.

Again, let me summize it for you. If they saw the play, [which I think they did] and they did not call a foul, that is NOT a missed call, but a judgement call. If none of the ref's saw the action then it was a missed call and the league would fine Houston for his hit on Dalton. Fair enough???
Old 11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19656

Quote:
So let me get this straight. Are you saying the refs saw when Houston took Dalton to the ground and you equate that as a missed call???

That is NOT a missed call, that is a judgement call in that not one of them felt the play was a cheap shot.

Now if none of the refs were looking at the play in which Houston took Dalton down, that would be a missed call.

If the play was that blatant, and the ref's did not see the play then the league would fine and possibly suspend Houston for his hit on Dalton.

Again, let me summize it for you. If they saw the play, [which I think they did] and they did not call a foul, that is NOT a missed call, but a judgement call. If none of the ref's saw the action then it was a missed call and the league would fine Houston for his hit on Dalton. Fair enough???
You're arguing semantics. The play deserved a flag, so we'll call it a blown call. Either way, it's bad work by the officials.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3192

Dunlap single handedly broke up the fight..lol http://www.nfl.com/videos/cincinnati...s-Bengals-game
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19656

We found out that one Whitworth equals two Raiders.
Old 11-26-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17544

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
We found out that one Whitworth equals two Raiders.
Watching it again there, Zeitler gives up after the first whistle, 3 more go off, then Houston just kills Andy after he is released; if you tell me that isn't a HARD hit, then you're clueless, sorry Yankee.

Whitworth goes up to him, then Houston headbutts him, prompting Whitworth to grab him, then Kelly just runs in off the bench for no reason.

Dunlap tries to pull people off.

It is absolutely NOT the homer in me, but it looks like not one Bengal did any provoking lol.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
You're arguing semantics. The play deserved a flag, so we'll call it a blown call. Either way, it's bad work by the officials.

Who say's, you???

Are you a trained official? I have not heard one word outside this forum that the play was cheap shot or the play deserved a flag.

It is note worthy, that no one has said anything about the league fining Houston for his play on Dalton.

All I hear [on this thread] that it a missed call. No one is talking about a fine on Houston over his tackle of Dalton. Guess what? That is how it works, whether or not the refs miss a call, the league don't.

Look for Whitworth and Houston to get fined for fighting. Whitworth will get more because it is his second offense. But don't look for a fine on Houston for tackling Dalton, why? Because it was not a cheap shot.

You think the NFL fines other players every week for excessive tackles and hits. And they would not do it to an Oakland Freaking Raider????

The team that led the league for years with penalty's

This would not be an exception, except in the minds of people with rose colored glasses.