Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

View Poll Results: Who do you want the Bengals to face in RD 1 of the playoffs?
Patriots 13 17.33%
Ravens 30 40.00%
Broncos 25 33.33%
Oh God! Oh God! None of them we are doomed! 7 9.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3479
Default If/When the Bengals make the playoffs...1st rounder will be harder than ever.

So I've been using the playoff machine on ESPN.com. So much fun!

It looks like the Bengals will either play Patriots, Ravens, or Denver. All of those games in the opponents home.

I really don't want to see them face Manning again especially in mile high that time of year.

So who do you want them to face?

Be realistic we are not going to win the division. Baltimores has a 3 game lead.

I'd rather face Patriots because they will be without Gronk and our D-Line has been pretty impressive.
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15329
Default Re: If/When the Bengals make the playoffs...1st rounder will be harder than ever.

Denver may be an easy out. Manning has his one and done playoff moments. IF we made the playoffs I'd rather face him than Brady.

edit: Maybe "one and done" isn't the right saying. But you guys know what I mean.

Last edited by jj22; 11-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7418
Default Re: If/When the Bengals make the playoffs...1st rounder will be harder than ever.

I'd rather face Manning than Brady.

I'd rather face Flaco than Manning. .
Old 11-26-2012, 11:39 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 73805

Easily the Ravens. They are a good team, but I think they'd get beaten by the Broncos and Pats at this point.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7648

it doesnt matter who we play as long as we get there and have fire in our hearts and we could win our first playoff game in over 2 decades

WINNING MAKES BELIEVERS OF US ALL PAUL BROWN
Marvin for GM 2013
Old 11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9798

Ravens naturally.. Flaccoverde is wildly unpredictable at QB and could have one of his bad days. Brady and Manning would shred us.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

The ravens are not scoring much now!
Old 11-26-2012, 01:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1950

could be the texans also they have broncos and pats
Old 11-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

I think we'll beat the Ravens the way we're playing right now. We have to keep it up and keep putting it to these teams throats.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8882

I'd take the Ravens with their injuries. We generally match up fairly well against them. Plus, it would be revenge for Game 1.

The bad is we play them the last game of the season. We had that scenario with the Jets a few years ago. It gives their coaches time to gameplan against us. (I think it's a weakness of this team, thus the slow 3rd quarters.)

The Broncos are beatable too. We played pretty bad in that game and take away a holding call or two and we were right there. The bad is that it's near impossible to pressure Manning.

Belicheck is tough as he is a superior gameplanner to our coaches. I remember when he shredded us the 1st game of the year a few years ago.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

The Ravens.
Ray Lewis and Ladarius Webb are both out.
Flacco is unpredictable
Dalton would have played them 4 times already, so he should know their weaknesses.

Brady and Manning at home would be too much IMO.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

Going with the RAvens...

(even though they might have a bye week ugh)

But if we get them back to back...

Week 17 and Wildcard week

We should be carrying the momentum (they will have possibly rested their starters)

and they are pretty banged up... they put up less points in the last 2 weeks than we did yesterday.

(Remember what the Jets did to us in this reversed scenario???)
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11260

Ravens for sure. They just haven't been as good as their record indicates lately. They are digressing slowly, and the Bengals would have a key opportunity to beat them twice. Both in week 17, and in the playoffs.

But the Bengals still need to beat the Chargers this week as well. The Chargers are a tough team and have been in almost every game. It's not going to be an easy one, but this will be a good test for the Bengals.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Id love to know who chose Oh God Oh God
Yes I give them credit for trying. But now we're gonna have another hole to fill if he goes to Green Bay.
Quote:
Personally, I want a QB who sacrifices a small animal to the almighty Cthulu after scoring.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2997

Quote:
Originally Posted by lqhybrid25 View Post
Id love to know who chose Oh God Oh God
Me, for one.

I don't like any of our chances. Why? Because Gruden and Zimmer have performed WORSE in each repeat game they've coached since the beginning of last year. And it happened again this year (actually lost the second Cleveland game...arg). So I don't hold any hopes of beating Denver. Manning will know too much about Cincy.

I don't like facing Baltimore because despite their struggles, they will go for our jugular. They'll outcoach Gruden and Zimmer.

I don't think Cincy could fare well against Houston either. I'd love to beat them as revenge for last year, but I don't think Gruden and Zimmer can conjure up a gameplan to slow them down.

New England is simply out of the question. I can't fathom Belicheck losing to Cincy, not in any way. I'd love to beat them in the playoffs--it would vindicate Marvin Lewis and co.--but there's no way we can handle their passing game.

I'm just wanting to get INTO the playoffs and get this "no back-to-back appearances in 30 years" monkey off our back. I have no real expectations of winning a single postseason game (not that we couldn't win one, but it would take more coaching than I've seen from this team in a generation).
Old 11-26-2012, 07:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
I'm just wanting to get INTO the playoffs and get this "no back-to-back appearances in 30 years" monkey off our back. I have no real expectations of winning a single postseason game (not that we couldn't win one, but it would take more coaching than I've seen from this team in a generation).
I hear the truth in that.
Quote:
Old 11-26-2012, 09:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17797

Just can't seem to look past this sunday. Thats all that matters
Old 11-26-2012, 09:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7907

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
Just can't seem to look past this sunday. Thats all that matters
One Sunday at a time sweet Jesus....one Sunday at a time.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48718

I chose Broncos. I feel that the team has a score to settle with them. They are not better than the Bengals...right now. They may have been a better team a month ago, but not now. Settling that score would build a lot of confidence on a Super Bowl run.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25083

I disagree. If the Bengals get in as a 6 seed, which is what I think will happen, I think they'll end up playing the Baltimore Ravens for 3rd time of the year. Honestly, that team isn't NEARLY as good as it's record indicates, and I wouldn't mind playing them in the playoffs.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33716
Seahawk Re: If/When the Bengals make the playoffs...1st rounder will be harder than ever.

None of those teams is an ideal matchup. I'd pick the Ravens if I had to, although I can see Ray Rice running all over us and Flacco having another good game.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-26-2012, 11:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Peyton has shown in his 13 or 14 years that he has trouble in the post season. I don't care that he went to the SB twice and won once. He should have went to the SB at LEAST 6 times (the Colts always had one of the best records year after year). His offense was always the best in the league, yet he always faltered in the post season (minus those two amazing seasons). Maybe he falters again which is why I voted Denver.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:49 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1950

Id choose Texans. They have looked shaky defensively since they have lost cushing. Plus they have shank graham as their kicker.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Id choose Texans. They have looked shaky defensively since they have lost cushing. Plus they have shank graham as their kicker.
They beat us last year, twice, with a 3rd string rookie QB. I don't think missing Cushing will be too much of a detriment if they play us.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3517

Patriots. Zimmer's D could take Brady and the Patriots.