Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:40 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136
Default So how are Beavis and Butthead faring nowadays?

I did a little research to see how Jerome Simpson and Andre Caldwell - the Beavis and Butthead of NFL receivers based on their play here (constantly dropping passes and actually causing INTs by tipping the ball up in the air) are doing with their new teams.

Well, Caldwell has a whopping 1 catch for 14 yards and usually is not activated by Denver.

Simpson has been suiting up a bit more often but still has only 12 catches for 138 yards - and like here he has been showing off his skill at having easy catches dropped (he did it against the Bears twice).

Meanwhile Baby Hawk has nearly 400 yards receiving already and Sanu since he started getting snaps is averaging 40 yards and a TD every game.

Methinks we did the right thing by blowing up the WR depth chart after last season.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:21 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2222
Default Re: So how are Beavis and Butthead faring nowadays?

Caldwell never really impressed me that much, I thought he was pretty average while he was here. He had his moments, but I don't really remember any "wow" plays or games he dominated. If he could get on the field, I am sure Manning will make him look like a really good receiver, but if he is not up to snuff, I do not see Manning throwing the ball his way.

Jerome's flip was one of my favorite plays of all time, and there is no doubt the guy has great natural gifts for playing wide receiver, but really, how long does it take to learn a position you have played your whole life? I can understand one year, maybe two, but we had to wait for Jerome forever and after he got one good season under his belt he was out the free agency door. I wonder if he will give the Vikings more production in a couple years after he learns their offense...

Had he not been hooking up the chronic for whoever, I would have liked to have seen him stay. It would be interesting to see him opposite Green, but I think Sanu will be the better player in the long run.

Future prediction:
Green/Sanu > Chad/Housh.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:31 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2222
Default Re: So how are Beavis and Butthead faring nowadays?

Beavis and Butthead Grown Up by jdm6235, on Flickr

Time has not been nice to them...