Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:01 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 216
Thumbs up Once Bitten,Twice Shy...Bengal Game Black Outs!

Hey all my Bengal friends out there all over the world!

I really do understand the fans who who have invested their heart and soul into the Cincinnati Bengals so many hopeless years. That would include myself. You let your "hair down" year to year thinking this is the year!.....Only to be rewarded with a dunce cap with Bengals logos all over it as they get "kicked to the curb" by an 0-8 pro football team they should (on paper) have beaten easily.

I know, you still feel Mike Brown should just up and go away.....will never happen folks! He's very rich and on his worldly "back nine" in his life. I guess he loves his product of pro football as it is or may be to old to even care at this point? It's all a moot argument folks..........

I think to successfully be a Cincinnati Bengals fan "now a days" you have to be a fan that enjoys "in the moment" football success! A play at a time a game at a time and a season at a time and look for the positives along the way.......if any? I know, you are often riding the wave and loving Bengals life then all of a sudden.....you have fallen off your surf board and are being crushed by a huge wave of dis-pare!

This "black out" TV garbage isn't helping things as a Bengal fan. We all know what that's all about! No matter how good bad or indifferent they are playing. We still want to see the games on TV!

I would never tell anyone on this board how to think. You all are friends of mine with a common interest in a pro football team who's roller coaster ride hasn't stopped since 1991 and we all have emptied our stomach content over and over wishing it all would stop! You know what you got as a Cincinnati Bengal's fan!

FINAL THOUGHT: Please attend the games so I can see the games on TV!(LOL)They are playing well here recently. Hang in there with this team folks. The best is yet to come............

Last edited by Bengal Bob Old School; 11-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2749
Default Re: Once Bitten,Twice Shy...Bengal Game Black Outs!

So...are you saying that the black out rule is dumb and just hurts teams? Or are you saying that fans should fill the stadium regardless to help remove the blackouts? The point of this thread was not very clear, other than you hate blackouts.

Dallas game is already sold out, so that will be televised, and the only other home game we have is Baltimore, which we should sell out, epsecially if we are in playoff contention still.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13588

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Bob Old School View Post
Hey all my Bengal friends out there all over the world!

I really do understand the fans who who have invested their heart and soul into the Cincinnati Bengals so many hopeless years. That would include myself. You let your "hair down" year to year thinking this is the year!.....Only to be rewarded with a dunce cap with Bengals logos all over it as they get "kicked to the curb" by an 0-8 pro football team they should (on paper) have beaten easily.

I know, you still feel Mike Brown should just up and go away.....will never happen folks! He's very rich and on his worldly "back nine" in his life. I guess he loves his product of pro football as it is or may be to old to even care at this point? It's all a moot argument folks..........

I think to successfully be a Cincinnati Bengals fan "now a days" you have to be a fan that enjoys "in the moment" football success! A play at a time a game at a time and a season at a time and look for the positives along the way.......if any? I know, you are often riding the wave and loving Bengals life then all of a sudden.....you have fallen off your surf board and are being crushed by a huge wave of dis-pare!

This "black out" TV garbage isn't helping things as a Bengal fan. We all know what that's all about!

I would never tell anyone on this board how to think. You all are friends of mine with a common interest in a pro football team who's roller coaster ride hasn't stopped since 1991 and we all have emptied our stomach content over and over wishing it all would stop! You know what you got as a Cincinnati Bengal's fan!
The NFL blackout rule is just that, an NFL blackout rule and not a Mike Brown NFL blackout rule. There were only 55,000 fans at the game Sunday so even the 85% rule would have been blacked out.

I think the key you mentioned is the Bengals fans just don't believe with all their hearts the team will win. It is obvious winning is more important to this city than entertainment. This city does not care to watch Snau and Green make one hand catches. Or our defense sack the QB (2nd or 3rd best in the NFL). They don't care to see possible future hall of fame QB's play on opposing teams or a Super Bowl team like the Giants.

Everyone has their own reason for not buying a ticket, but in my opinion, the only one's upset about blackouts should be the ones with skin in the game. If a fan buys NFL Ticket or is a season ticket holder, they should not be blacked out. If not, thye have no rights and no right to complain in my opinion. Especially when in this day and age, you can get free streams on your computer so in essence, there is no blackout, just not as good of coverage. A special shout out to Shake and bake for hooking me up with the game this past Sunday. I am a season ticket holder, but could not go due to our family celebrating Thaksgiving at 4:00 on Sunday.

"And for the record, no, I don't think we make the playoffs. This is still a very poorly run team. ( just look at the HC still being here) 6-10. Mark it down"
Toast Jones
Old 11-27-2012, 09:42 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
So...are you saying that the black out rule is dumb and just hurts teams? Or are you saying that fans should fill the stadium regardless to help remove the blackouts? The point of this thread was not very clear, other than you hate blackouts.

Dallas game is already sold out, so that will be televised, and the only other home game we have is Baltimore, which we should sell out, especially if we are in playoff contention still.
My point was. Please attend the games so I can see the games on TV. I guess I failed at being humorous...by bad!
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvnit2 View Post
The NFL blackout rule is just that, an NFL blackout rule and not a Mike Brown NFL blackout rule. There were only 55,000 fans at the game Sunday so even the 85% rule would have been blacked out.

I think the key you mentioned is the Bengals fans just don't believe with all their hearts the team will win. It is obvious winning is more important to this city than entertainment. This city does not care to watch Snau and Green make one hand catches. Or our defense sack the QB (2nd or 3rd best in the NFL). They don't care to see possible future hall of fame QB's play on opposing teams or a Super Bowl team like the Giants.

Everyone has their own reason for not buying a ticket, but in my opinion, the only one's upset about blackouts should be the ones with skin in the game. If a fan buys NFL Ticket or is a season ticket holder, they should not be blacked out. If not, they have no rights and no right to complain in my opinion. Especially when in this day and age, you can get free streams on your computer so in essence, there is no blackout, just not as good of coverage. A special shout out to Shake and bake for hooking me up with the game this past Sunday. I am a season ticket holder, but could not go due to our family celebrating Thanksgiving at 4:00 on Sunday.
Yes I'm well aware the black out rule has nothing to do with Mike Brown!

I do appreciate your comments. This wasn't my finest writing. It's just an after thought I threw in the blog mix.

The black out rule has been around a very long time and is often controversial to many. I'm not loosing sleep over it personally. Just simply stirring some conversation on a Tuesday!