Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-27-2012, 02:11 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
I guess you didn't see the game one last year!
Teams are different from year to year. Especially needing to bring up week one from last year is kinda pathetic. That's well over a year ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,912
Rep Points: 13537
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Teams are different from year to year. Especially needing to bring up week one from last year is kinda pathetic. That's well over a year ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Okay then like week one this year



Fact is Ravens have won 13 straight against the AFCN...so bringing up last year is relevant.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ

Last edited by Bmoreblitz; 11-27-2012 at 03:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-27-2012, 03:55 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,608
Rep Points: 13460
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Okay then like week one this year



Fact is Ravens have won 13 straight against the AFCN...so bringing up last year is relevant.
You have been bathing in gatorade haven't you?
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,912
Rep Points: 13537
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
You have been bathing in gatorade haven't you?
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,298
Rep Points: 3217
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! You have correctly pointed out that an individual's stats reflect how coaches use the player and what kind of opportunities the player gets. Now go tell that to the OP of the orginal "AFCN Fun Fact" thread. It's easy to score TDs on just a few touches when your used in the redzone.
Which is for fantacy leage ****. TD's put up points. points win games. Does anything else matter
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:10 PM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 9,341
Rep Points: 12025
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Okay then like week one this year



Fact is Ravens have won 13 straight against the AFCN...so bringing up last year is relevant.
...and last year was the first time the Ravens ever won the division when Pittsburgh still made the playoffs. Before that they only won when the Steelers are having a down year (twice).

But as to this year...the season isn't over and the Ravens still haven't taken that last step of GETTING to the Super Bowl let alone winning one since Ray Ray did his community service in 2001.

So don't be counting chickens just yet.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:19 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Okay then like week one this year



Fact is Ravens have won 13 straight against the AFCN...so bringing up last year is relevant.
Losing by 12 is not quite the same as losing by 30. Lmao

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,912
Rep Points: 13537
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Losing by 12 is not quite the same as losing by 30. Lmao

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Your team lost by 31 not 12.
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,912
Rep Points: 13537
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
...and last year was the first time the Ravens ever won the division when Pittsburgh still made the playoffs. Before that they only won when the Steelers are having a down year (twice).

But as to this year...the season isn't over and the Ravens still haven't taken that last step of GETTING to the Super Bowl let alone winning one since Ray Ray did his community service in 2001.

So don't be counting chickens just yet.
Guess you need a bit more lube next time?
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:36 PM
VCU Rams's Avatar
VCU Rams VCU Rams is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 16,146
Rep Points: 79072
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
I guess you didn't see the game one last year!
you mean gatorade shower gate...
__________________
2013 AFCN Champions
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:42 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,276
Rep Points: 2164
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
you mean gatorade shower gate...
The Gatorade flood gates were opened.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Beaker's Avatar
Beaker Beaker is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: An undisclosed biological research facility.
Posts: 21,672
Rep Points: 62096
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Since the browns returned in 1999, the steelers have never made the playoffs in a year that they have lost to the browns.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,912
Rep Points: 13537
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
The Gatorade flood gates were opened.
The steelers lost to the Browns....lol!!
__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,276
Rep Points: 2164
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
The steelers lost to the Browns....lol!!
Did a Gatorade shower occur afterward?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:20 PM
rfaulk34's Avatar
rfaulk34 rfaulk34 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Covington, Ky
Posts: 14,388
Rep Points: 17703
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! You have correctly pointed out that an individual's stats reflect how coaches use the player and what kind of opportunities the player gets. Now go tell that to the OP of the orginal "AFCN Fun Fact" thread. It's easy to score TDs on just a few touches when your used in the redzone.
I ain't sayin nothin' to nobody or no one!

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-27-2012, 10:57 PM
gmdino's Avatar
gmdino gmdino is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: PA
Posts: 9,341
Rep Points: 12025
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Guess you need a bit more lube next time?
Awww...do facts hurt?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-27-2012, 11:28 PM
Davoider Davoider is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 2,840
Rep Points: 6981
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
I remember his last year he was mainly used as a goal line rusher and had like 5 attempts for 3 yards or something like that. They need a good healthy back like Bettis in his prime again.
You're probably thinking of his ridiculous 2004 game where he had 5 carries for 1 yard and 3 tds.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:37 AM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Yeah um we were talking about the Steelers. Nice job deflecting and trying to change the subject though. Way to bring up something that has nothing ti do with the conversation to try to prove a point. I never said the bengals hadn't lost by a lot, or that the ravens hadn't won by a lot, I said the Steelers hadn't had a loss like the butt woopin the ravens got. But nice try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Bmoreblitz's Avatar
Bmoreblitz Bmoreblitz is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 4th and goal at the1
Posts: 4,912
Rep Points: 13537
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Yeah um we were talking about the Steelers. Nice job deflecting and trying to change the subject though. Way to bring up something that has nothing ti do with the conversation to try to prove a point. I never said the bengals hadn't lost by a lot, or that the ravens hadn't won by a lot, I said the Steelers hadn't had a loss like the butt woopin the ravens got. But nice try.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I accept your apology and surrender


__________________
DEPT of DEFENSE


BMOREBLITZ
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner! You have correctly pointed out that an individual's stats reflect how coaches use the player and what kind of opportunities the player gets. Now go tell that to the OP of the orginal "AFCN Fun Fact" thread. It's easy to score TDs on just a few touches when your used in the redzone.
I think everybody knows that nothing comes "easy" in the red zone,particularly TD's. As far as being used in the red zone,if Brown still isn't getting opportunities in the red zone in his 3rd year,there are only two possible explanations. Either he simply doesn't have the talent to make plays when the field shrinks and teams don't have to worry so much about doubling Wallace,or the coaching staff that you guys love so much is ignorant on how and when to use him. So,who's overhyped,Brown or your coaching staff?
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:51 PM
mars304 mars304 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: WV
Posts: 569
Rep Points: 1048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
I accept your apology and surrender


Good for you. Guess you need take victories where you can get them...even if you have to make it up.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-29-2012, 07:54 PM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,276
Rep Points: 2164
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
I think everybody knows that nothing comes "easy" in the red zone,particularly TD's. As far as being used in the red zone,if Brown still isn't getting opportunities in the red zone in his 3rd year,there are only two possible explanations. Either he simply doesn't have the talent to make plays when the field shrinks and teams don't have to worry so much about doubling Wallace,or the coaching staff that you guys love so much is ignorant on how and when to use him. So,who's overhyped,Brown or your coaching staff?
Explaination #3: Todd Haley

And I'll give you a few other words to help you understand the 3rd explaination..... Heath Miller..... Run game..... Goal line formations that make Heath Miller and the run game a focal point.....

If my hints were too vague, let me know. But seriously, they're not exactly subtle Dr. Lector hints....
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.

Last edited by 6andcounting; 11-29-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Woodley Woodley is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,131
Rep Points: 3987
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Since the browns returned in 1999, the steelers have never made the playoffs in a year that they have lost to the browns.
Every playoff appearance the bengals made since 1990....that would include 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011 (when they backed in), the bengals have swept the browns that year.

No playoffs for the bengals this year...your bengals blew it in week 6.
__________________

Last edited by Woodley; 11-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 8,817
Rep Points: 20726
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
Explaination #3: Todd Haley

And I'll give you a few other words to help you understand the 3rd explaination..... Heath Miller..... Run game..... Goal line formations that make Heath Miller and the run game a focal point.....

If my hints were too vague, let me know. But seriously, they're not exactly subtle Dr. Lector hints....
Hmmm....but the Steelers are only 21st in the league in TD runs and 20th in points per game. Heath Miller and the run game don't seem to be producing very well in the red zone,on the whole. Of course,neither did Brown during his first 2 years in Arians' wide open offense,either.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 AM
6andcounting's Avatar
6andcounting 6andcounting is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,276
Rep Points: 2164
Default Re: AFCN Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Hmmm....but the Steelers are only 21st in the league in TD runs and 20th in points per game. Heath Miller and the run game don't seem to be producing very well in the red zone,on the whole..
What does this have anything to do with the type of redzone offense we have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
Of course,neither did Brown during his first 2 years in Arians' wide open offense,either.
The entire offense struggled in the redzone and other key situations because Arians was an ***hat.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by SociopathicSteelerFan View Post
This ginger loser has handed out his punishments based on public opinion it's only right that public opinion be responsible for his demise.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.