Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 494
Default Re: AJ Green not a top tier receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
I don't agree with Cris Carter, but i respect the names he threw out. Roddy, Larry, Andre are all top tier receivers. Of course the best in the game right now is Megatron. I would definitely put AJ's name in that list of names as well. He is going to have to eat a BUNCH of crow after the season...AJ is a beast.
Simple, who would you rather have then AJ Green on this team? NOBODY, WHO DEY.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
Simple, who would you rather have then AJ Green on this team? NOBODY, WHO DEY.
I wouldn't replace AJ with anyone not named Jerry Rice in his prime, and even then I'd keep AJ lined up opposite of Rice.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:15 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 59

I typically take anything the media says with a grain of salt, however I just found his comments about AJ to be ridiculous...his tone of voice said it all. CC obviously has some kind of hate for his hometown team. I have never heard him say anything good about the Bengals, and for him to say AJ is a second tier receiver....COME ON MAN!
Larry Fitzgerald shoudln't even be mentioned in the same breath...while it may not be any fault of his own due to the QB's he has had there, you can't say that guy is in the top tier with the numbers he has recently put up. Andre Johnson has had a good couple of games this year but has done relatively nothing the last few years AND he is 31 years old. I can buy Roddy White as a top tier guy. For a minute I thought it was 2008 when he started talking about those guys this morning.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4118

In other news I did see Sanu on alot of peoples fantasy waver wire top WR pick ups.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Larry Fitzgerald is the most consistent guy at the WR position in the NFL. Whether it's Kurt Warner, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Derek Anderson, etc throwing to him, Fitz ALWAYS produces.

Aside from that I think AJ is the 2nd best in the NFL right now. The only reason I don't put him at #1 is because he hasn't been around long enough, but every indication points to him having HOF talent.

In summation... Carter is a bitter dewsh.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrock View Post
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they asked Cris Carter if AJ Green was the best receiver in the league. Cris responded with a resounding NO...then he went on to mention some receivers that were better....Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White. He said AJ is good but is in the 2nd tier of receivers. Homeboy's hatred of the Bengals is comical.
really dude? I really don't think we've even seen the best of A.J. yet. a big walker tango foxtrot to that by Collinsworth. hater... lol.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

Fitz Megatron and AJ are the top 3 wrs in he game doesnt matter how you put em...id actually put roddy white in the 2nd teir of best wrs in the game
Old 11-27-2012, 02:36 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
Larry Fitzgerald is the most consistent guy at the WR position in the NFL. Whether it's Kurt Warner, John Skelton, Kevin Kolb, Derek Anderson, etc throwing to him, Fitz ALWAYS produces.

Aside from that I think AJ is the 2nd best in the NFL right now. The only reason I don't put him at #1 is because he hasn't been around long enough, but every indication points to him having HOF talent.

In summation... Carter is a bitter dewsh.
I went and looked at Fitzgerald's career stats...I didn't realize he had such a good year last year, 1400 yards and 8 TD's. The year before that was a little bit of an off year, but you are right, the dude has definitely been consistent with a revolving door at QB. That being said, his numbers are way down this year, 627 yards and 4 TD's through 11 games...are his better days behind him?
Old 11-27-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 671

Quote:
I went and looked at Fitzgerald's career stats...I didn't realize he had such a good year last year, 1400 yards and 8 TD's. The year before that was a little bit of an off year, but you are right, the dude has definitely been consistent with a revolving door at QB. That being said, his numbers are way down this year, 627 yards and 4 TD's through 11 games...are his better days behind him?
Fitz isn't the issue. Arizona may as well allow one lucky fan to play QB for them each game the way their QB play has been. They are last in yards per attempt and 29th in completion % and have 10 passing TD to 12 ints. And their QBs have been sacked 46 times, worst in the NFL.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3279

I just tried to call Mike and Mike i was going to ask to set up a time tomorrow to have a little chat with CC but the number i had is no longer working does anyone know it. i thought it was 1888-say espn but i tried that.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 212

This idoit also said last year that Calvin Johnson was not top tier.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Chris Carter is a very bitter man for not being in the hall of fame.
It would be hilarious if A.J made it to the HOF before him
Old 11-27-2012, 05:09 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2759

Friends don't let friends listen to 'Mike and Mike'
Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 266

Who cares what an ESPN analyst says.... we all know what we have. A top 3 WR.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4025

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Boon View Post
Friends don't let friends listen to 'Mike and Mike'
aww, I actually like it better than anything else on ESPN. I like the back-and-forth more than anything, not the in-depth news they deliver or anything. It's entertaining.

That said, some of these ESPN analysts spout off the strangest stuff. Did you hear about Tom Jackson's complete non sequitur going off on Jay Cutler? Fun fact, Tom lives in Cincy.

That's all I got.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12886

! Would not want Chris Carter as a scout.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
His numbers may not be up there, but as a percentage of the total passing yards he's still very consistent.

2004-2011: Caught 32% of the total passing yards, and 45% of total passing TDs.

This season his numbers are 27% and 40% respectively. A 5% dip in average performance is negligible.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGISunday View Post
aww, I actually like it better than anything else on ESPN. I like the back-and-forth more than anything, not the in-depth news they deliver or anything. It's entertaining.

That said, some of these ESPN analysts spout off the strangest stuff. Did you hear about Tom Jackson's complete non sequitur going off on Jay Cutler? Fun fact, Tom lives in Cincy.

That's all I got.
To each their own but I can't stand Mike and Mike. 'Greenie' is probably the single most unfunny person I have ever heard in my entire life. I hate how every regular has to have a nickname like they're all pals (schefty, CC, etc. etc). Honestly, some of the other guys on ESPN radio are good...why they give those two hacks with their totally contrived 'mutt and jeff' act the prime spot is beyond me. People must like it though...
Old 11-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2917

Quote:
To each their own but I can't stand Mike and Mike. 'Greenie' is probably the single most unfunny person I have ever heard in my entire life. I hate how every regular has to have a nickname like they're all pals (schefty, CC, etc. etc). Honestly, some of the other guys on ESPN radio are good...why they give those two hacks with their totally contrived 'mutt and jeff' act the prime spot is beyond me. People must like it though...
We actually canceled our cable so I don't watch any of the shows anymore, but Mike and Mike and ESPN in general to watch.

CC, Sapp, Key, are all horrible and lack any depth.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:36 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

i love mike and mike...and the herd...guess im in the minority. even when i disagree i am entertained by both. and 90% of the time i agree with cowherd. too bad my job now gives me 0 "the herd time" though...:(

Last edited by VCU Rams; 11-27-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCU Rams View Post
i love mike and mike...and the herd...guess im in the minority. even when i disagree i am entertained by both. and 90% of the time i agree with cowherd. too bad my job now gives me 0 "the herd time" though...:(
Cowherd has a really annoying, whiney voice and is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is...but he does make some good points from time to time. he also defintiely knows his college football and is a fellow draft geek.

I think Van Pelt and Russillo are the best thing they have going.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1302

Quote:
Cowherd has a really annoying, whiney voice and is not nearly as smart as he thinks he is...but he does make some good points from time to time. he also defintiely knows his college football and is a fellow draft geek.

I think Van Pelt and Russillo are the best thing they have going.

Cowherd is like Richard Burton....In love with the sound of his own voice and the biggest front runner POS I have ever heard on a radio show ...... He cannot shut up about big market teams..... thinks the NFL is better if Dallas wins.... Really?

Beacuse last i checked the NFL has done just fine without the Cowboys doing anything but taking the hype balloon to near epic proportions since what? 1997? Everything is about big market and he could care less about any other team that is not that......or does not have a history of winning longer than 10 years. Last person I would want in a foxhole or bar fight.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

Green is #2 right now, no question. Megaton is the best in the game, but AJ does a lot of things better than him. No one in the game can adjust to the ball like Green. He has better hands than Calvin and better awareness. Calvin is bigger, faster, better at getting separation, and a bigger redzone target.

1. Megatron
2. Green
3. White
4. Wayne
5. A. Johnson

Right now.... Fitz is a top-3 but has no qb
Old 11-28-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Personally, I have never been to fond of CC. His comments are very off the wall. Not recognize AJ further cements my opinion
Old 11-28-2012, 06:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 51
drunk Re: AJ Green not a top tier receiver?

[quote=Tommy Casanova 72-77;2701678]Cowherd is like Richard Burton....In love with the sound of his own voice and the biggest front runner POS I have ever heard on a radio show ...... He cannot shut up about big market teams..... thinks the NFL is better if Dallas wins.... Really?

Beacuse last i checked the NFL has done just fine without the Cowboys doing anything but taking the hype balloon to near epic proportions since what? 1997? Everything is about big market and he could care less about any other team that is not that......or does not have a history of winning longer than 10 years. Last person I would want in a foxhole or bar fight.[/QUO

A little off subject: Cowherd also said Joey Votto was a fraud and over-rated.