Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
shaolinghost shaolinghost is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,572
Rep Points: 4645
Default My November Mock.1-3

1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
-MJ disappears at times, Geathers should be gone, Gilberry isn't a starter, and Dunlap can't really be counted on to stay healthy all year.

2. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
-Rey isn't working in the middle. Move Burfict there next season and Hodges takes over at SAM.

2. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
-Crocker has been playing okay so far, but other than that we've got nobody at the strong safety position. KV can cover and tackle; something this team hasn't seen from a SS in a while.

3. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
-BJGE is a great short yardage/goal-line runner, but we totally lack a speed guy that can make guys miss in space. If Kenjon Barner is still available, I'd take him instead though.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Jasonew6's Avatar
Jasonew6 Jasonew6 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 14,764
Rep Points: 29777
Default Re: My November Mock.1-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
-MJ disappears at times, Geathers should be gone, Gilberry isn't a starter, and Dunlap can't really be counted on to stay healthy all year.

2. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
-Rey isn't working in the middle. Move Burfict there next season and Hodges takes over at SAM.

2. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
-Crocker has been playing okay so far, but other than that we've got nobody at the strong safety position. KV can cover and tackle; something this team hasn't seen from a SS in a while.

3. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
-BJGE is a great short yardage/goal-line runner, but we totally lack a speed guy that can make guys miss in space. If Kenjon Barner is still available, I'd take him instead though.
And yet we have more sacks from our defensive line than 17 TEAMS have.
__________________

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
WhoDeyLeisure's Avatar
WhoDeyLeisure WhoDeyLeisure is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,669
Rep Points: 1569
Default Re: My November Mock.1-3

If we take a DE in the 1st round I'll be ******.

Need DBs bad. LB. SS. RB. We are pretty set at DE and DT....but if he's BPA so be it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
JungleRock85's Avatar
JungleRock85 JungleRock85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Posts: 1,899
Rep Points: 2504
Default Re: My November Mock.1-3

I won't be that upset if we take a DE in the 1st round. I would prefer an elite OLB but DE would be my second priority at this point based on talent slotted to be available when we pick. I really hope we re-sign Johnson because we can't keep letting young talent leave if we want to take the next step from Wild Card contender to Super Bowl contender. Dunlap and Johnson are good DE's but we could take another young guy to rotate at the position. I feel like the original poster about never having enough good pass rushers. Everyone on the team looks better with a good D-Line.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
shaolinghost shaolinghost is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,572
Rep Points: 4645
Default Re: My November Mock.1-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
And yet we have more sacks from our defensive line than 17 TEAMS have.
...and we could be even better with a consistently dominant DE. You really can't argue with those being legit criticisms of the defensive ends. The only "star" we've got on the front 7, maybe even the entire defense is Geno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I won't be that upset if we take a DE in the 1st round. I would prefer an elite OLB but DE would be my second priority at this point based on talent slotted to be available when we pick. I really hope we re-sign Johnson because we can't keep letting young talent leave if we want to take the next step from Wild Card contender to Super Bowl contender. Dunlap and Johnson are good DE's but we could take another young guy to rotate at the position. I feel like the original poster about never having enough good pass rushers. Everyone on the team looks better with a good D-Line.
I want to re-sign Johnson as well.
Geathers should be strictly a backup, if he's here at all.
Dunlap, like I said, can't be counted on to stay healthy, and when he's out, MJ can't perform at near the same level.
Adding another great guy to the rotation would do nothing but help the team.

Besides, people wanting CBs early can forget about it. I would love someone like Rhodes, but they took Dre last season and with how the Bengals are, you know they're going to see what he has before spending another 1st or 2nd on a CB. Hall is doing well, Jones is doing well, we've yet to see if Allen can contribute(still has another year left). So that right there is 4 roster spots taken already. So the way I see it, our 1st pick can go one of 3 ways:
1. DE
2. LB
3. OT(if Andre leaves)
There are no running backs worth a 1st this year, at least not where we are likely to pick.

Last edited by shaolinghost; 11-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.