Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 11-27-2012, 06:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645
Default My November Mock.1-3

1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
-MJ disappears at times, Geathers should be gone, Gilberry isn't a starter, and Dunlap can't really be counted on to stay healthy all year.

2. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
-Rey isn't working in the middle. Move Burfict there next season and Hodges takes over at SAM.

2. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
-Crocker has been playing okay so far, but other than that we've got nobody at the strong safety position. KV can cover and tackle; something this team hasn't seen from a SS in a while.

3. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
-BJGE is a great short yardage/goal-line runner, but we totally lack a speed guy that can make guys miss in space. If Kenjon Barner is still available, I'd take him instead though.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29777
Default Re: My November Mock.1-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
1. Alex Okafor, DE, Texas
-MJ disappears at times, Geathers should be gone, Gilberry isn't a starter, and Dunlap can't really be counted on to stay healthy all year.

2. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
-Rey isn't working in the middle. Move Burfict there next season and Hodges takes over at SAM.

2. Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
-Crocker has been playing okay so far, but other than that we've got nobody at the strong safety position. KV can cover and tackle; something this team hasn't seen from a SS in a while.

3. Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
-BJGE is a great short yardage/goal-line runner, but we totally lack a speed guy that can make guys miss in space. If Kenjon Barner is still available, I'd take him instead though.
And yet we have more sacks from our defensive line than 17 TEAMS have.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1569

If we take a DE in the 1st round I'll be ******.

Need DBs bad. LB. SS. RB. We are pretty set at DE and DT....but if he's BPA so be it.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2504

I won't be that upset if we take a DE in the 1st round. I would prefer an elite OLB but DE would be my second priority at this point based on talent slotted to be available when we pick. I really hope we re-sign Johnson because we can't keep letting young talent leave if we want to take the next step from Wild Card contender to Super Bowl contender. Dunlap and Johnson are good DE's but we could take another young guy to rotate at the position. I feel like the original poster about never having enough good pass rushers. Everyone on the team looks better with a good D-Line.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonew6 View Post
And yet we have more sacks from our defensive line than 17 TEAMS have.
...and we could be even better with a consistently dominant DE. You really can't argue with those being legit criticisms of the defensive ends. The only "star" we've got on the front 7, maybe even the entire defense is Geno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JungleRock85 View Post
I won't be that upset if we take a DE in the 1st round. I would prefer an elite OLB but DE would be my second priority at this point based on talent slotted to be available when we pick. I really hope we re-sign Johnson because we can't keep letting young talent leave if we want to take the next step from Wild Card contender to Super Bowl contender. Dunlap and Johnson are good DE's but we could take another young guy to rotate at the position. I feel like the original poster about never having enough good pass rushers. Everyone on the team looks better with a good D-Line.
I want to re-sign Johnson as well.
Geathers should be strictly a backup, if he's here at all.
Dunlap, like I said, can't be counted on to stay healthy, and when he's out, MJ can't perform at near the same level.
Adding another great guy to the rotation would do nothing but help the team.

Besides, people wanting CBs early can forget about it. I would love someone like Rhodes, but they took Dre last season and with how the Bengals are, you know they're going to see what he has before spending another 1st or 2nd on a CB. Hall is doing well, Jones is doing well, we've yet to see if Allen can contribute(still has another year left). So that right there is 4 roster spots taken already. So the way I see it, our 1st pick can go one of 3 ways:
1. DE
2. LB
3. OT(if Andre leaves)
There are no running backs worth a 1st this year, at least not where we are likely to pick.

Last edited by shaolinghost; 11-27-2012 at 09:41 PM.