Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 764
Default The Reality? We are relevant in December.

Half of the NFL teams are out. Maybe not mathematically, but it would be against the odds to make it. Then you have the other Half of the NFL that are either mathematically in or if they keep winning they will most likely will be in the layoffs. The Playoffs are awesome, but for me this is where I love to be. Every game counts and History shows that a team that comes on strongest at the end of the season has more than a punchers chance to win the SB (Giants twice, GB once in the past 4 years) I have no reason not to believe that they will not make a run. 3 straight dominating wins does something to a team. They are having success in all areas. The competition gets better, maybe, but we are playing at a high level. Team is loaded with talent and yes, we are looking to start peaking now. I am not as worried about Not making the playoffs as I am happy to watch this season in its final month. WHO DEY
Old 11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2767
Default Re: The Reality? We are relevant in December.

who dey!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

This is a weird year for the NFL, the division winners are pretty well lined up and wild cards are down to basically 2 teams in each side. With 6 weeks to go too!!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1544

This is going to be a close fight. There are a lot of teams hunting for a wildcard spot. If the Bengals can win 4 of the last 5, I believe we will get in. If we win all 5, then I have no worries at all. I believe we can do it. WHO DEY!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20019

This is kind of what I was afraid of and I hope the team doesn't fall in the same trap, which, given this team's character, I don't think they will, but that's the fearing for the worst of growing up in Greater Cincinnati with the Bengals.

Regardless of what the rest of the NFL is doing, we just need to take it one game at a time and not look ahead because, while we do control our own destiny, we have to win the games that we should and handle our business.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodeydeywho View Post
Half of the NFL teams are out. Maybe not mathematically, but it would be against the odds to make it. Then you have the other Half of the NFL that are either mathematically in or if they keep winning they will most likely will be in the layoffs. The Playoffs are awesome, but for me this is where I love to be. Every game counts and History shows that a team that comes on strongest at the end of the season has more than a punchers chance to win the SB (Giants twice, GB once in the past 4 years) I have no reason not to believe that they will not make a run. 3 straight dominating wins does something to a team. They are having success in all areas. The competition gets better, maybe, but we are playing at a high level. Team is loaded with talent and yes, we are looking to start peaking now. I am not as worried about Not making the playoffs as I am happy to watch this season in its final month. WHO DEY
Must admit, back in October, I saw no way possible we'd be relevant in December. I don't care who you're playing, these three weeks have been an impressive display and an amazing turn around. It's can't be forgotten that we lost to two bad teams in a row and then let one get away against an ailing Steelers team, in case anyone wants to bring up the quality, health or state of mind of the teams the last three weeks.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3114

The best news is that Cincy finally beat a good team.

Not under the most convincing situation, however. That would be when both teams are playing well and both fully motivated. I think we got lucky that we played the Giants during a slump, the same way Pittsburgh got lucky they played us during our slump.

If we played Pittsburgh (w/Ben) right now, we'd win by 14.

Pitt better get Ben back in good shape, otherwise Cincy's gonna own that last wild card spot. The current Bengals look too determined to take a loss right now.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8983

We should win the next 3 games too!
Old 11-28-2012, 11:57 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38280

Quote:
Final month of the season is February, until we're playing and winning then, I'm not happy, it's been far too long.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:00 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27315
bengals Re: The Reality? We are relevant in December.

Quote:

Yeah baby.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:02 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26169

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagehenry54 View Post
Final month of the season is February, until we're playing and winning then, I'm not happy, it's been far too long.
X2

I'm cool with seeing the Bengals win, and having some sort of relevant football in Cincinnati, but it's going to take a Super Bowl win to completely satisfy me.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:03 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumetti View Post
The best news is that Cincy finally beat a good team.

Not under the most convincing situation, however. That would be when both teams are playing well and both fully motivated. I think we got lucky that we played the Giants during a slump, the same way Pittsburgh got lucky they played us during our slump.

If we played Pittsburgh (w/Ben) right now, we'd win by 14.

Pitt better get Ben back in good shape, otherwise Cincy's gonna own that last wild card spot. The current Bengals look too determined to take a loss right now.

Could be true.

And i see these current Bengals the same way.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1115

The reality is that the Cincinnati Bengals are one game behind one wildcard team (Indianapolis Colts).

The reality is that the Cincinnati Bengals are tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers in wins for the second wild card but lose in the tie breaker (head to head) as the Cincinnati Bengals have been defeated by the Pittsburgh Steelers

The above statements reflect the reality of the Cincinnati Bengals on November 30th, 2012.

Any other opinions are just that opinions!
Old 11-30-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The reality is that the Cincinnati Bengals are one game behind one wildcard team (Indianapolis Colts).

The reality is that the Cincinnati Bengals are tied with the Pittsburgh Steelers in wins for the second wild card but lose in the tie breaker (head to head) as the Cincinnati Bengals have been defeated by the Pittsburgh Steelers

The above statements reflect the reality of the Cincinnati Bengals on November 30th, 2012.

And the Colts and Steelers will lose on Sunday and the Bengals will win.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3624

Quote:

But it's also fact that the Steelers have 5 AFC games left and they are falling off quickly while we are on the rise. The Bengals will take the last wild card spot.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 341

If we can win out, making it an 8-game winning streak, or at least win 4 of the last 5 (and 7 of last 8 total), it would be exactly what this team and organization needs to finally turn the corner. Gets a lot of monkeys off their backs (back-to-back winning and playoff seasons, etc.), but it would also give us confidence moving forward over the next few years. It would establish a winning mentality, as well as the resiliency that comes with knowing that if the team falls behind a little bit, there's no reason they can't string a bunch of wins together to get back on track. It would mean finally attaining that elusive cycle of winning breeds confidence, which breeds more wins, which breeds even more confidence, and so on.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvengali View Post
If we can win out, making it an 8-game winning streak, or at least win 4 of the last 5 (and 7 of last 8 total), it would be exactly what this team and organization needs to finally turn the corner. Gets a lot of monkeys off their backs (back-to-back winning and playoff seasons, etc.), but it would also give us confidence moving forward over the next few years. It would establish a winning mentality, as well as the resiliency that comes with knowing that if the team falls behind a little bit, there's no reason they can't string a bunch of wins together to get back on track. It would mean finally attaining that elusive cycle of winning breeds confidence, which breeds more wins, which breeds even more confidence, and so on.
I agree with this in terms of the players, but I'm still reluctant to believe that somehow the front office won't thwart it all. Perhaps I'm just unwilling to see any progress from the decades of abuse, but that's always in the back of my head.

The one thing I would add is I think they need a playoff WIN. Doesn't have to be dominant. They don't have to win the Super Bowl. But I think a playoff win is really the next step that will get me to start believing. This team as of yet is still nothing more (in my opinion) than better than the bad teams and worse than the good teams. Smack dab in the middle.

Also, an 8 game winning streak is really hard, no matter what team it is.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36824

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
This is going to be a close fight. There are a lot of teams hunting for a wildcard spot. If the Bengals can win 4 of the last 5, I believe we will get in. If we win all 5, then I have no worries at all. I believe we can do it. WHO DEY!!
there is only 3 teams fighting right now...

Bengals Colts and Steelers

Dolphins still have a chance but everyone else in the AFC is basically out of it
Old 11-30-2012, 02:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bvengali View Post
Well...it will be another 6 Seed and likely a 1st Round exit.

The things you mention are all great, but playoff success is what this team needs.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36824

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Well...it will be another 6 Seed and likely a 1st Round exit.

The things you mention are all great, but playoff success is what this team needs.
This year what we need is back to back winning seasons...... That in itself will be considered a huge success for this franchise.

If the D keeps playing like it has the past 3 weeks we will be in it to win it in the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
This year what we need is back to back winning seasons...... That in itself will be considered a huge success for this franchise.

If the D keeps playing like it has the past 3 weeks we will be in it to win it in the playoffs.
I think it's going to be pretty hard for us to not win 9 games.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 862

What more could we ask for then to be in the hunt in December?

We have a very young team that is exciting to watch on both sides of the ball.

I am looking forward to watching this team work its way into the playoffs and win its first ever playoff game under Marvin Lewis!

Old 11-30-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8113

We are relevent if we beat The Chargers and go to 7-5....if we fall to 6-6 we aren't setting the world on fire, but 7-5 puts us in there and a chance to have a good record at end of the year. If Baltimore beats Steelers, Colts and Bengals hold the 2 Wild Card slots going into the last 4 games.

GO BENGALS.....BEAT CHARGERS !!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20019

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpjet View Post
What more could we ask for then to be in the hunt in December?
As a Bengals fan, not much! What's even more awesome about it, though, is that we're in the hunt off of playing solid, all-around good team football. We're not just a bunch of hot heads or single playmakers, but we're a team where everybody does their job and we have players actually leading us and not just saying "oh, look at me!"

What's also great is the job that Marvin's doing coaching! How many times have we ever been able to say that!! He's not getting stuck on one concept- he's being creative and finding out what it takes each game to win!
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpjet View Post
We have a very young team that is exciting to watch on both sides of the ball.

I am looking forward to watching this team work its way into the playoffs and win its first ever playoff game under Marvin Lewis!
They're young but they're also mature and they're not like the '05 team of "hey, look at me!"

They're all doing their jobs but also adding in a bit of excitement and it's a blast to watch!

After a slow start, the fight they make into the playoffs will be even more impressive!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22557

Quote:

Who human talks like this? And nobody has written like this since the 18th century.

And, just in case you weren't aware, this is a message board. You know, where folks discuss their OPINIONS.