Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10443
Default Ray Rice was about 1 yard short on that conversion...

Should have been reviewed and overturned..

Thanks for the awesome sig, Steeler Eater!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3601
Default Re: Ray Rice was about 1 yard short on that conversion...

Right knee was down before he stretched that ball for the 1st down. I agree. All challenges come from the replay booth with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. That did take place with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. Refs missed that one.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7044
bengals Re: Ray Rice was about 1 yard short on that conversion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4It View Post
Right knee was down before he stretched that ball for the 1st down. I agree. All challenges come from the replay booth with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. That did take place with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. Refs missed that one.
Did they miss it, or ignore it?
Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1513

Terrible. How could they miss that?
Old 11-27-2012, 03:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3601

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
Did they miss it, or ignore it?
I think maybe both.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13139

The play was reviewed by the booth and played over and over. Took about 9 mins (way too long). After the review it was moved back. Replay clearly showed a first down. His knee was not down at the point of that gif.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8948

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
The play was reviewed by the booth and played over and over. Took about 9 mins (way too long). After the review it was moved back. Replay clearly showed a first down. His knee was not down at the point of that gif.
Not where it stopped, but about a tenth of a second later. Your high if you think he made that conversion.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Not where it stopped, but about a tenth of a second later. Your high if you think he made that conversion.
Did you watch the game or the replays and not some controversial gif from a website looking to create feeds? No place else or on Notable sites even asls the question. The play was replayed about 30 times...zoomed in and stopped when the knee was down.......end of discussion.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-27-2012, 05:49 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Did you watch the game or the replays and not some controversial gif from a website looking to create feeds? No place else or on Notable sites even asls the question. The play was replayed about 30 times...zoomed in and stopped when the knee was down.......end of discussion.
Because no fan of a team wants to admit their team got away with one. There is your end of discussion.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Because no fan of a team wants to admit their team got away with one. There is your end of discussion.
When they called it a first down on the field, the chains were moved. Then they went to the replay booth for what seemed like 4 and a half hours to review the spot of the ball using camera angles that were very unclear. So they ultimately decided to spot the ball at an arbitrary place on the field, only to then realize that the chains had moved so they had to respot the chains at an arbitrary place since there is no marker that shows where the chains were on the previous play.

So ultimately they have an arbitrary spot of the ball measured against arbitrary spots of the chains.
Any fan outside of the AFCN knows it was a great play by RR

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-27-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11224

Quote:

SBNation is the only place I see trying to argue that Rice was clearly short. Even Chargers cheerleader Dan Fouts, who openly rooted for the Chargers throughout his commentating, wad convinced it was a first down after 10 minutes of replays. Where's the gif of the up close camera angles they showed through out those 10 minutes? Oh wait, that would kill SBNation's story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug

Old 11-27-2012, 09:45 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
When they called it a first down on the field, the chains were moved. Then they went to the replay booth for what seemed like 4 and a half hours to review the spot of the ball using camera angles that were very unclear. So they ultimately decided to spot the ball at an arbitrary place on the field, only to then realize that the chains had moved so they had to respot the chains at an arbitrary place since there is no marker that shows where the chains were on the previous play.

So ultimately they have an arbitrary spot of the ball measured against arbitrary spots of the chains.
Any fan outside of the AFCN knows it was a great play by RR
I'm not taking anything away from Ray Rice's Herculean effort in the face of his team's complete and utter catastrophe of a game and his idiotic QB's decision to dump down. From what I saw in the replays, he looked short by a couple feet. Hell, it's not like the ref's have never screwed the pooch - ask Raiders fans about that fumble that was blown out of bounds when it was clearly in bounds. It happens - whatever. I'd hate to see what Baltimore would be like without Ray Rice, however.

Actually, I'd love to see it. But that's as a Bengals fan, not a football fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post

SBNation is the only place I see trying to argue that Rice was clearly short. Even Chargers cheerleader Dan Fouts, who openly rooted for the Chargers throughout his commentating, wad convinced it was a first down after 10 minutes of replays. Where's the gif of the up close camera angles they showed through out those 10 minutes? Oh wait, that would kill SBNation's story...
What reason would I have to be mad? The Bengals aren't catching the Ravens so the outcome of this game means next to nothing to me as a Bengals fan - it's just an opinion.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 24978

The referees cannot see the yellow line, people! That's a projection the networks put on TV to indicate the approximate location of the first down marker. The chains on the sideline are the official markers and they appear about a yard behind the yellow line.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:56 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
The referees cannot see the yellow line, people! That's a projection the networks put on TV to indicate the approximate location of the first down marker. The chains on the sideline are the official markers and they appear about a yard behind the yellow line.
Not quite a yard behind, but yes, its pretty clear that the actual marker is behind the yellow line in the GIF in RavensLover69's signature. First down.
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27372

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu View Post
Should have been reviewed and overturned..

within 2 minutes would have to come from upstairs..

He should never had sniffed 10 yards

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-28-2012, 11:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm not taking anything away from Ray Rice's Herculean effort in the face of his team's complete and utter catastrophe of a game and his idiotic QB's decision to dump down. From what I saw in the replays, he looked short by a couple feet. Hell, it's not like the ref's have never screwed the pooch - ask Raiders fans about that fumble that was blown out of bounds when it was clearly in bounds. It happens - whatever. I'd hate to see what Baltimore would be like without Ray Rice, however.

Actually, I'd love to see it. But that's as a Bengals fan, not a football fan.

What reason would I have to be mad? The Bengals aren't catching the Ravens so the outcome of this game means next to nothing to me as a Bengals fan - it's just an opinion.
its better for us that the chargers lost... 1 more loss and they are out of the playoff hunt.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
its better for us that the chargers lost... 1 more loss and they are out of the playoff hunt.
Oh, well I guess it does matter to me as a Bengals fan. Doesn't change that I think he was short, but whatever's clever. Good job, Ratbirds.

And you're right - he shouldn't have gotten 10 yards. Seriously, 4th and a mile and the Chargers leave Ray Rice alone in the backfield with nobody covering him against a 4-man rush. I want to know what the Hell Scarface was thinking.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:58 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh, well I guess it does matter to me as a Bengals fan. Doesn't change that I think he was short, but whatever's clever. Good job, Ratbirds.

And you're right - he shouldn't have gotten 10 yards. Seriously, 4th and a mile and the Chargers leave Ray Rice alone in the backfield with nobody covering him against a 4-man rush. I want to know what the Hell Scarface was thinking.
Well with how the chargers do in Decemember They could have managed a run to fight for a wild card its good we get to nail that coffin shut on sunday...

Who dey

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry