Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 PM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Isaiah Pead was a fast guy that had a lot of carries. Pead didn't translate to the NFL.

I like Barner as a CoP RB, but I am uncertain as an every down RB.
It's only been 1 season it's a little early to say for sure what's going to happen to Pead don't ya think?? Barner has played against some of the best in the country and has held his own and then some. Not to mention he's as big as Ellington and Randle that some others like so not sure size is an issue.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,794
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
It's only been 1 season it's a little early to say for sure what's going to happen to Pead don't ya think?? Barner has played against some of the best in the country and has held his own and then some. Not to mention he's as big as Ellington and Randle that some others like so not sure size is an issue.
It isn't just about size, it is about their build.
I have my problem with Randle because he looks thin in the trunks and I don't always see the drive when he has defenders on him

As for Pead, he is a high draft pick who is being passed over for a 7th rounder, so it isn't like there haven't been carries to be had.
Plus the 4 carries and 2 fumbles things.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:13 AM
stknux stknux is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
Rep Points: 61
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

It's fun having so many picks, so here's another trade down Hopkins mock.
Hopefully Johnson is there in the 4th.

2. DeAndre Hopkins (WR)
2. Ezekiel Ansah (DE)
2. Shayne Skov (MLB )
3. Bacarri Rambo (S)
3. Gerald Hodges (SLB )
4. Dennis Johnson (RB )
5. Marc Anthony (CB )
6. Michael Williams (TE)
6. John Wetzel (OT)
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:31 AM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Gettin' busy in a Burger King bathroom
Posts: 7,797
Rep Points: 9985
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
As for Pead, he is a high draft pick who is being passed over for a 7th rounder, so it isn't like there haven't been carries to be had.
Plus the 4 carries and 2 fumbles things.
That 7th rounder is Bernard Scott's younger brother btw..... small world.
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Cincy
Posts: 7,861
Rep Points: 7430
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Isaiah Pead was a fast guy that had a lot of carries. Pead didn't translate to the NFL.

I like Barner as a CoP RB, but I am uncertain as an every down RB.
Pead is buried on the depth chart.. What chances he had to carry the ball he hasnt been bad.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-28-2012, 06:27 AM
WhoDeyLeisure's Avatar
WhoDeyLeisure WhoDeyLeisure is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 1,652
Rep Points: 1526
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

We might as well be the Browns and trade all of our 1st-3rd round picks for about 18 6th-7th rounders.

I want QUALITY over QUANTITY. Not the other way around. This is why the Browns are horrible.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:49 AM
stknux stknux is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
Rep Points: 61
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
We might as well be the Browns and trade all of our 1st-3rd round picks for about 18 6th-7th rounders.

I want QUALITY over QUANTITY. Not the other way around. This is why the Browns are horrible.
I understand the argument. Hopefully there is plenty of quality with our picks :)

Last edited by stknux; 11-28-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
BengalDawg BengalDawg is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 219
Rep Points: 427
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
Binns hasn't done a thing in weeks and was inactive today. Tate does return kicks but not hardly anything else.Bailey is an upgrade over both.

I'll give you Bailey is an upgrade over both, but it doesn't look like he is an upgrade over Sanu. Jones still could be a difference maker and baby hawk is solid. I don't see us using a pick on a WR unless someone falls in our lap late
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:57 PM
mulligan mulligan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Posts: 10,449
Rep Points: 6245
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Pead is buried on the depth chart.. What chances he had to carry the ball he hasnt been bad.
Pead isn't buried. He is playing behind a 7th round pick,
Daryl Richardson.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:13 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Glenfiddich....I moved on to scotch
Posts: 18,794
Rep Points: 20666
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Pead is buried on the depth chart.. What chances he had to carry the ball he hasnt been bad.
Dude has fumblitis.
7 touches.
2 fumbles.
that will get your *** benched in the NFL
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-01-2012, 10:25 PM
dcm226's Avatar
dcm226 dcm226 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 331
Rep Points: 192
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

If we don't trade down I think this will do. But Hopkins is one of my fav. prospects. I still like the idea of drafting 2 RBs but Franklin is looking really good and Peerman has stepped up. I remember wanting a WR by the name of Cecil Shorts a few years back and he is having a great season. Anyways...



1 DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson This is, to me, one of the best fits in this draft. Green, Hopkins, Sanu, Hawk, Jones, and we have Binns - Tate and Whalen to battle it out for the 6th spot.
2 Khaseem Greene OLB/S Rutgers
2 Robert Lester SS Alabama

3 Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
1700 yards? Wow.
4 Margus Hunt DE SMU
5 Mike Taylor OLB Wisconsin

6
Michael Williams TE Alabama
He isn't much of a receiver but he can block. I don't see him going much higher.
6 Trey Burton FB/TE/QB/WR FloridaGruden could have some real fun!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

1st off we resign MJ to a 4/32 deal with 12 guaranteed. Andre wants to much so we tag him for 1 year and draft his replacement. We let Lawson,Geathers,Maualuga walk.
We trade back in the 1st and give up a 5th and get Green Bay's 3rd and 4th.


1.Alex Okafor DE Tx Ga(trade back with Green Bay)

2a.Alec Ogletree WLB Ga

2b.Montee Ball RB Wisc

3a.Andre Ellington RB Clemson

3b.Gerald Hodges MLB Penn St(from Green Bay)

4a.Shawn Williams SS Ga

4b.Brian Winters OT Kent St (from Green Bay)

5.(comp J Simpson) D.J.Swearinger S South Carolina

6.Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

6.Micheal Williams TE Bama

UDFA LB Phillip Steward Houston
UDFA CB Nigel Malone Kansas St

Last edited by pulses; 12-02-2012 at 01:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Hammerstripes Hammerstripes is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Atkinson, NE
Posts: 7,481
Rep Points: 6283
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
1st off we resign MJ to a 4/32 deal with 12 guaranteed. Andre wants to much so we tag him for 1 year and draft his replacement. We let Lawson,Geathers,Maualuga walk.
We trade back in the 1st and give up a 5th and get Green Bay's 3rd and 4th.


1.Alex Okafor DE Tx Ga(trade back with Green Bay)

2a.Alec Ogletree WLB Ga

2b.Montee Ball RB Wisc

3a.Andre Ellington RB Clemson

3b.Gerald Hodges MLB Penn St(from Green Bay)

4a.Shawn Williams SS Ga

4b.Brian Winters OT Kent St (from Green Bay)

5.(comp J Simpson) D.J.Swearinger S South Carolina

6.Devin Taylor DE South Carolina

6.Micheal Williams TE Bama

UDFA LB Phillip Steward Houston
UDFA CB Nigel Malone Kansas St
If we re-sign MJ, then there is no point in wasting a first rounder on Okafor. I also think taking 2 RBs in the 2nd round is a waste.

Shawn Williams is rated a lot higher than the 4th round.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-03-2012, 12:40 AM
pulses pulses is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Southeastern Indiana
Posts: 1,545
Rep Points: 632
Default Re: Sorry - another trade down

CBS has williams as a 3rd-4th rounder right now. And if we let geathers and lawson and others go(may not be able to resign gilberry) they need replaced. As for 2 RB's they are better than anyone we have on our roster so why not??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.