Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1842
Default A Football Fun Fact

What Indiana College Football team is currently ranked #1 in the nation and is scheduled to go to the BCS National Championship Game in Miami?

Oh... and for you Ohio State University fans (of which a ton of you are Bengal fans as well), sorry about your INELIGIBILITY! Would have been fun to see this Indiana team kick your team's butt in the Championship game.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4038
Default Re: A Football Fun Fact

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
What Indiana College Football team is currently ranked #1 in the nation and is scheduled to go to the BCS National Championship Game in Miami?

Oh... and for you Ohio State University fans (of which a ton of you are Bengal fans as well), sorry about your INELIGIBILITY! Would have been fun to see this Indiana team kick your team's butt in the Championship game.

Indiana Wesleyan?
Old 11-27-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13076

So the best 2 teams in the Nation don't get to play each other in the National Championship, and Notre Dame gets to get reemed by Alabama. Yeah, way to find something to brag about.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
So the best 2 teams in the Nation don't get to play each other in the National Championship, and Notre Dame gets to get reemed by Alabama. Yeah, way to find something to brag about.
You think so?

Did you take a look at the teams Notre Dame played this season?

It's Alabama who should be worried. Notre Dame defense is not too shabby.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:48 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
You think so?

Did you take a look at the teams Notre Dame played this season?

It's Alabama who should be worried. Notre Dame defense is not too shabby.
And you've proven you're high or don't watch college ball.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
And you've proven you're high or don't watch college ball.
And you've proven you're ignorant of the politics of college ball.

Notre Dame is an independent and doesn't belong to any conference. They were always a long shot because of that one fact. Folks in the conferences will always vote for their own. It had to take a lot of unlikely things to happen in order for Notre Dame to end up where they ended up! Even if Notre Dame had an undefeated season, the best they might have been ranked would have been 3 or 4 - had not Oregon and Alabama both... LOST!

Alabama is over-rated. For some reason, sports writers and the media love the SEC. But I'm glad it's determined on the field, because then the nation will see just how good this Notre Dame team really is. I've been watching them all year. Teams who think they're pushovers get a rude awakening.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 11028

Quote:

So is Notre Dame your most favoritist college football team or just one of your favorite 82 college teams?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23894

In my opinion, Notre Dame shouldn't be allowed to compete in the National Championship Game either. Join a conference, or GTFO. Also, I'm so happy that O$U isn't allowed in. The tears of their fans taste salty, yet great. For what it's worth, I hope Notre Dame wins the title....because the SEC can blow my balls.

I see Coltsfan is a fan of Notre Dame now that they're winning though. I'm betting he has at least two dozen other favorite teams.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14183

They play football in college?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Notre Dame is an independent and doesn't belong to any conference. They were always a long shot because of that one fact. Folks in the conferences will always vote for their own. It had to take a lot of unlikely things to happen in order for Notre Dame to end up where they ended up! Even if Notre Dame had an undefeated season, the best they might have been ranked would have been 3 or 4 - had not Oregon and Alabama both... LOST!

Alabama is over-rated. For some reason, sports writers and the media love the SEC. But I'm glad it's determined on the field, because then the nation will see just how good this Notre Dame team really is. I've been watching them all year. Teams who think they're pushovers get a rude awakening.
What does politicking have to do with it? Notre Dame is #1 because they're a BCS eligible school with an unblemished record and Alabama is going to roll Georgia in the SEC Championship, and even if they don't and Georgia wins, Georgia is going to roll Notre Dame. The BCS is independent of the Coaches and Media poll - so the SEC coaches votes have absolutely no bearing on any of it outside of the initial BCS rankings.

Nobody is taking anything away from Notre Dame you ignorant presumptuous bafoon. I'm simply stating that 'Bama is going to beat the ever loving **** out of them. Believe me, I'd love to see Notre Dame knock the SEC off that media-given high horse they're on, but reality is reality and the reality of the situation is Notre Dame is likely going to lose.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
In my opinion, Notre Dame shouldn't be allowed to compete in the National Championship Game either. Join a conference, or GTFO. Also, I'm so happy that O$U isn't allowed in. The tears of their fans taste salty, yet great. For what it's worth, I hope Notre Dame wins the title....because the SEC can blow my balls.

I see Coltsfan is a fan of Notre Dame now that they're winning though. I'm betting he has at least two dozen other favorite teams.
I take it you're one of the few Bengal fans who aren't an OSU fan?

Actually, Notre Dame would probably have an easier time if they do join a conference. I've always been in favor of them joining one. They make things really tough on themselves by going independent. They end up having a much tougher schedule than if they're part of a conference. But, I guess it's just a tradition that goes all the way back to Knute Rockne - this being independent and all.

I know pretty much everyone thinks Alabama is going to blow them away, but that's what people kept saying about pretty much every game they played this year. But for some reason, those Golden Domers find a way to win.

Just like my Colts!
Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
But for some reason, those Golden Domers find a way to win.

Just like my Colts!
What happened the last time an underdog fought the top dog?

Oh right;

How'd that game end, again?
Old 11-27-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
What does politicking have to do with it? Notre Dame is #1 because they're a BCS eligible school with an unblemished record and Alabama is going to roll Georgia in the SEC Championship, and even if they don't and Georgia wins, Georgia is going to roll Notre Dame. The BCS is independent of the Coaches and Media poll - so the SEC coaches votes have absolutely no bearing on any of it outside of the initial BCS rankings.

Nobody is taking anything away from Notre Dame you ignorant presumptuous bafoon. I'm simply stating that 'Bama is going to beat the ever loving **** out of them. Believe me, I'd love to see Notre Dame knock the SEC off that media-given high horse they're on, but reality is reality and the reality of the situation is Notre Dame is likely going to lose.
Oh... so... you think it doesn't matter where college teams are originally ranked, huh? So, a team originally ranked last will have an equal chance of getting into the national championship game as a team ranked initiallly #1?

Oh... and I vehemently disagree with you that Alabama OR Georgia is going to "roll" the Fighting Irish. 12 teams tried to "roll" Notre Dame this year and all of them... LOST! Alabama and Georgia will be the 13th team who'll try.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11051

Old 11-27-2012, 06:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23894

Quote:
Oh... so... you think it doesn't matter where college teams are originally ranked, huh? So, a team originally ranked last will have an equal chance of getting into the national championship game as a team ranked initiallly #1?

Oh... and I vehemently disagree with you that Alabama OR Georgia is going to "roll" the Fighting Irish. 12 teams tried to "roll" Notre Dame this year and all of them... LOST! Alabama and Georgia will be the 13th team who'll try.
Both Alabama and Georgia would destroy Notre Dame. Not that that's what I want to happen....but it's the truth.
Old 11-27-2012, 06:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
Both Alabama and Georgia would destroy Notre Dame. Not that that's what I want to happen....but it's the truth.
Not if it's Notre Dame's year. So far, everything has been falling so that Notre Dame would end up in the BCS championship game. I mean... really incredible things that NO ONE would have thought would happen.

But they happened.

And Notre Dame is in the BCS championship game.

It's as if... well... something outside of the realm of man is manipulating events. It "is" Notre Dame after all and "technically" it's a Catholic school and... well, you know!
Old 11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Do you have a stutter or something? The fact that you type one out leads me to believe you...DO!

Wasn't Notre Dame un-ranked at the beginning of the season? Now they're #1, so yeah - un-ranked teams do have a chance if the cards fall the right way, which - by your own admission - is exactly what happened for the Irish.

You can vehemently disagree with me all you want - you disagree with everyone who doesn't suckle on Peyton Manning's proverbial tit - but it doesn't change the fact that Notre Dame has little to no chance against the Crimson Tide, much as it pains me to say.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:10 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17893

Quote:

K.O.D.

guaranteed.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Do you have a stutter or something? The fact that you type one out leads me to believe you...DO!

Wasn't Notre Dame un-ranked at the beginning of the season? Now they're #1, so yeah - un-ranked teams do have a chance if the cards fall the right way, which - by your own admission - is exactly what happened for the Irish.

You can vehemently disagree with me all you want - you disagree with everyone who doesn't suckle on Peyton Manning's proverbial tit - but it doesn't change the fact that Notre Dame has little to no chance against the Crimson Tide, much as it pains me to say.
If you're so sure that Notre Dame is going to lose to the Tide, why don't you go to Las Vegas or Atlantic City and bet your entire year's salary on the game? You'll be making a FORTUNE! Since you're so sure.

But you're not, are you? You know why? Because you're just like everyone else who "think" they know what's going to happen in the future and are just HOPING it goes your way. This reminds of all of the idiots on this forum who were so sure that the Packers were going to decimate the Colts.

What happened to THAT prediction, huh? Weren't you one of those who thought the Packers were going to kill the Colts?

You were so sure then too!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
K.O.D.

guaranteed.
Yeah... just like you thought what the Packers were going to do to the Colts.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:10 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

The real football fact;

College football is terrible. All politics and chest pumping over a mere school you may or may not have attended. 99% of college football is utterly terrible football. Even the decent teams play garbage schedules and teams. It's all a complete joke when you have teams getting blown out by 70points, that's not a game. That's politics and money.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9392

Quote:

IU East?
Old 11-28-2012, 03:50 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9392

Quote:

Notre Dame joining the Big Ten, SEC or Pac 12, would put them behind in talent about 5-10 years.. They are scared to join a conference because they would lose out on the "gimme" Independant bowl bid, and all the money that comes with. You're supporting a school ran by chicken s-hits.. Congrats!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33217

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
They play football in college?
Nah

Old 11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
If you're so sure that Notre Dame is going to lose to the Tide, why don't you go to Las Vegas or Atlantic City and bet your entire year's salary on the game? You'll be making a FORTUNE! Since you're so sure.

But you're not, are you? You know why? Because you're just like everyone else who "think" they know what's going to happen in the future and are just HOPING it goes your way. This reminds of all of the idiots on this forum who were so sure that the Packers were going to decimate the Colts.

What happened to THAT prediction, huh? Weren't you one of those who thought the Packers were going to kill the Colts?

You were so sure then too!
Since you're so sure Notre Dame is going to win, why don't you go place that bet and make yourself the fortune? Oh right - because you're just like everyone else who "thinks" they know whats going to happen. Reminds me of the idiot who thought the Colts were going to stand a chance against New England or the Raiders stood a chance against the Bengals or runs and hides for 3 weeks every time the Colts lose.