Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,665
Rep Points: 9088
Default After I win the Powerball

After I win the Powerball, I'll jump on here to let you all know about it.

I'll just laugh at you, rub it in that I'm rich now, not poor any more and you're poor and beneath me.

I'll laugh some more and as the alcohol starts to kick it, with the mixture of alcohol and Vicodin, my mood will turn from ******ery to just feeling good and throwing out "I love you man"'s all over the place.

Then tomorrow after I wake from my drunken and idiotic behavior, I'll come back and apologize only for you all to tell me to pound salt.

After that, I won't care any more because I'll be rich and you all can BITE ME!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm going to buy a Luxury Suit a PBS. That will be the first thing I do after I pay off the house, pay all my bills, but a Shelby GT 500 and go hog wild on Christmas.

Last edited by Nebuchadnezzar; 11-28-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 AM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 12,090
Rep Points: 24332
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

So a regular Tuesday night, without the cash?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-28-2012, 08:04 AM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 16,189
Rep Points: 49859
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

If I were to win the powerball, and able to work out a deal to get the entire sum at one time, tax free, I would buy controlling interest in the Bengals.

Then you could all bring your problems with the team to me!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-28-2012, 09:57 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,434
Rep Points: 54630
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
If I were to win the powerball, and able to work out a deal to get the entire sum at one time, tax free, I would buy controlling interest in the Bengals.

Then you could all bring your problems with the team to me!
Power ball is at 500 million. After taxes you will have about 325 million. Bengals are worth over 900 million.

So even if you win you couldn't buy a controlling interest.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,048
Rep Points: 14797
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Power ball is at 500 million. After taxes you will have about 325 million. Bengals are worth over 900 million.

So even if you win you couldn't buy a controlling interest.
And he will have just missed Mike Browns black Friday sale.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:06 AM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,434
Rep Points: 54630
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

The only time I ever bought lottery tickets was when I was broke and couldn't afford them.

But I just bought a powerball ticket for the hell of it yesterday.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 AM
Danno's Avatar
Danno Danno is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
Posts: 11,674
Rep Points: 45029
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

You ain't winning my money, beeyotch
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
BengaliJack's Avatar
BengaliJack BengaliJack is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 4,405
Rep Points: 8077
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Can do alot of good with money like that. I cant see it rolling over....the amount of money would be astronomical. I hope who ever wins decides to help out their community during these hard times
__________________



Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
RumbleCat RumbleCat is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,017
Rep Points: 6467
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Can do alot of good with money like that. I cant see it rolling over....the amount of money would be astronomical. I hope who ever wins decides to help out their community during these hard times
And if whoever wins it needs to know an area of a community that needs help, call me.

J/K, good sentiment. $3 million would allow for a lot of investment into helping those who truly need it, and still allow the winner to live.....comfortably.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,316
Rep Points: 36780
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
If I were to win the powerball, and able to work out a deal to get the entire sum at one time, tax free, I would buy controlling interest in the Bengals.

Then you could all bring your problems with the team to me!
you would need over 500 million and mike brown to sell it..

So keep dreaming 1 PB doesnt usually get that big
2 there is about 40 % tax on lotto winnings.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:21 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,434
Rep Points: 54630
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

You know what would be funny. If Mike Brown won the powerball.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:24 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,316
Rep Points: 36780
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
You know what would be funny. If Mike Brown won the powerball.
we would definately get that practice facility then... right

Or maybe he could bring a Hockey Franchise here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: under a rock
Posts: 6,399
Rep Points: 12299
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
After I win the Powerball, I'll jump on here to let you all know about it.

I'll just laugh at you, rub it in that I'm rich now, not poor any more and you're poor and beneath me.

I'll laugh some more and as the alcohol starts to kick it, with the mixture of alcohol and Vicodin, my mood will turn from ******ery to just feeling good and throwing out "I love you man"'s all over the place.

Then tomorrow after I wake from my drunken and idiotic behavior, I'll come back and apologize only for you all to tell me to pound salt.

After that, I won't care any more because I'll be rich and you all can BITE ME!

EDIT: Oh, and I'm going to buy a Luxury Suit a PBS. That will be the first thing I do after I pay off the house, pay all my bills, but a Shelby GT 500 and go hog wild on Christmas.
If you are going to pound salt, could you at least scrape your knuckles first?
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:08 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,048
Rep Points: 14797
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
we would definately get that practice facility then... right

Or maybe he could bring a Hockey Franchise here.
Buy his ticket to L.A.?
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:14 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Country Roads
Posts: 23,183
Rep Points: 36752
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Power ball is at 500 million. After taxes you will have about 325 million. Bengals are worth over 900 million.

So even if you win you couldn't buy a controlling interest.
Even less than that, actually. The jackpot amount we see is based off of an annuity, as the investments they use for the winnings are Treasury bonds. So that is based on you taking the money over multiple years. Since they would have to cash in bonds early, you lose somewhere around 1/4th to 1/3rd of the jackpot by taking the cash option.

So, you're looking at roughly $375 million gross. Take that with the 25% Federal tax and 4% state (in Ohio and Virginia at least) and you come to a net amount of $266.25 million. Granted, this amount of money is nothing to sneeze at, but yeah.

Also, this is all assuming you are the only winner.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:16 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,048
Rep Points: 14797
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
Even less than that, actually. The jackpot amount we see is based off of an annuity, as the investments they use for the winnings are Treasury bonds. So that is based on you taking the money over multiple years. Since they would have to cash in bonds early, you lose somewhere around 1/4th to 1/3rd of the jackpot by taking the cash option.

So, you're looking at roughly $375 million gross. Take that with the 25% Federal tax and 4% state (in Ohio and Virginia at least) and you come to a net amount of $266.25 million. Granted, this amount of money is nothing to sneeze at, but yeah.

Also, this is all assuming you are the only winner.
Still better than the polish lottery...











































...$1M paid out $1 a year for a million years.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,474
Rep Points: 73848
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

I would give all my favorite people here some money
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:33 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 12,090
Rep Points: 24332
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

I would give all my favorite people here some money


So you're keeping it all...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,316
Rep Points: 36780
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Still better than the polish lottery...


...$1M paid out $1 a year for a million years.
i could live with 1 mil per year as long as i was able to put the leftovers in my will. But ill take cash up front because i know i could never spend it all
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:44 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 7,048
Rep Points: 14797
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
i could live with 1 mil per year as long as i was able to put the leftovers in my will. But ill take cash up front because i know i could never spend it all
You may want to read that again.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert

Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:48 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 49,434
Rep Points: 54630
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoxyod View Post
I would give all my favorite people here some money
I wouldn't go that far (I'm not a communist!), but I would buy a ton of tickets for a home game and have a huge party.

Last edited by fredtoast; 11-28-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:52 PM
Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 4,665
Rep Points: 9088
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Just thinking of what I could do with all that money.

I could help so many families with that and still have plenty to live like a king for the rest of my life.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 36,316
Rep Points: 36780
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
You may want to read that again.
oh
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
RhythmicGeek's Avatar
RhythmicGeek RhythmicGeek is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Country Roads
Posts: 23,183
Rep Points: 36752
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

I have some family going through some tough times up in Fayette County, PA that would get a ton of assistance. That would be the first thing I'd do (after paying off all my debts). I'd get a house here and rent it to them for like $10 a month and help them stay on their feet until they could all find employment. This includes the large number of health issues they all have (they've never had good insurance, and now they have none, and because they've been poor for so long the kids have never eaten right and it is taking its toll).

Those two things, my debts and helping them are the main reasons I would like the money. If my debts were paid I'd have more of my paycheck devoted to living rather than paying off stupid decisions and school. And helping out my cousin and his family would be a wonderful thing. Their story is so much worse than I'm telling you here, suffice it to say that I and my parents are just about the only family they've got that treats them like family.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM
eoxyod's Avatar
eoxyod eoxyod is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: In a well and I can't get out...ladies
Posts: 37,474
Rep Points: 73848
Default Re: After I win the Powerball

Ok, forreal tho
I'd buy a game for a bunch of us like Fred said
Then I'd make sure college was paid off
Then I'd probably buy an O of premium stuff (If we're being honest here)
Then I'd make sure both my grandma's were ok for the rest of their lives
Then I'd make sure my sisters are good for a while
Then I'd make sure my parents...do alright
Then I'd give a **** load to charity/church
Then I'd put the rest away for my future kids and whatnot
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.