Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default SS Dj Swearinger

South Carolina SS Dj Swearinger is a sleeper pick as of right now. He's projected the 5-6 RD, but i see him moving up to about the 3rd round or so by the time the draft comes around. This guy is a very heard hitter and plays well in pass coverage & he also plays good against the run. He is a firey player who likes to show some emotion but that's no biggy. This guy would be a solid contributor on our D because we are in need of a SS. He has a constant motor with good awarness.

6-0 215

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMVXXAF0u64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzy5UTdmWY
Old 11-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082
Default Re: SS Dj Swearinger

I like Sean Williams from Georgia. He is bigger, faster, and has played better this season. He also was not afraid to call out his LBs including Alec Ogletree and Jarvis Jones when he felt they were not performing up to their abilities. Both should be there in the 3rd/4th.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 11-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
I like Sean Williams from Georgia. He is bigger, faster, and has played better this season. He also was not afraid to call out his LBs including Alec Ogletree and Jarvis Jones when he felt they were not performing up to their abilities. Both should be there in the 3rd/4th.

Never heard of em..I'll check him out.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
Never heard of em..I'll check him out.
Sorry its Shawn Williams (helps if i spell it right). watch the Georgia/Florida game recap if you can. And dont miss the Bama/Georgia game coming up.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Sorry its Shawn Williams (helps if i spell it right). watch the Georgia/Florida game recap if you can. And dont miss the Bama/Georgia game coming up.

I seen it said Shawn lol...I think that game might be close.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
South Carolina SS Dj Swearinger is a sleeper pick as of right now. He's projected the 5-6 RD, but i see him moving up to about the 3rd round or so by the time the draft comes around. This guy is a very heard hitter and plays well in pass coverage & he also plays good against the run. He is a firey player who likes to show some emotion but that's no biggy. This guy would be a solid contributor on our D because we are in need of a SS. He has a constant motor with good awarness.

6-0 215

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMVXXAF0u64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zzy5UTdmWY
I like Swearinger too. He stuck out to me during the Arkansas-South Carolina game. If we have not taken a safety within the first three rounds, I would definitely like the Bengals to consider him. He has good coverage skills, solid tackling, and plays well in the run game, which makes him a good candidate for our SS.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1551

nickname is Jungleboi. may just find his way home.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1554

Quote:
Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post
nickname is Jungleboi. may just find his way home.
If he can spell it Jungleboy, I would be okay with that. No thanks on any player who spells boy "boi". Don't people stop doing that when they hit 14 years of age?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyLeisure View Post
If he can spell it Jungleboy, I would be okay with that. No thanks on any player who spells boy "boi". Don't people stop doing that when they hit 14 years of age?

Shirley you can't be serious