Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1917
Default game plan vs chargers

The Chargers main weakness is their head coach. You keep the game close its been proven time and time again He will personally give the opposing coach the victory. Yesterday was the perfect example of this gave up a 4th and 29 to allow Ravens to come back. The week prior 4 minutes too play vs Broncos in the redzone down 14 4 minutes too play 3rd and 2 he calls a full back run up the middle. Norv Turner is definitely worst coach in the NFL.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5535
Default Re: game plan vs chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
The Chargers main weakness is their head coach. You keep the game close its been proven time and time again He will personally give the opposing coach the victory. Yesterday was the perfect example of this gave up a 4th and 29 to allow Ravens to come back. The week prior 4 minutes too play vs Broncos in the redzone down 14 4 minutes too play 3rd and 2 he calls a full back run up the middle. Norv Turner is definitely worst coach in the NFL.
Their wins are the Chiefs x2 the Raiders and the Titans week 2 when they had no clue what was going on. I feel pretty good about this one.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:18 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 52885

Quote:
1. Turner's coaching had nothing to do with giving up that 4th and 29 conversion.

2. Down by 14 with 4 minutes left is a 4 down situation anyway so nothing wrong with a run on third and short.

3. In his 6 years at San Diego he is 53-38 with three playoff wins.

4. None of this has anything to do with our game plan versus the Chargers.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
1. Turner's coaching had nothing to do with giving up that 4th and 29 conversion.

2. Down by 14 with 4 minutes left is a 4 down situation anyway so nothing wrong with a run on third and short.

3. None of this has anything to do with our game plan versus the Chargers.
1 His prevent defense caused that
2 Down 2 scores with Peyton on the opposing sideline Time is a serious factor. They had to burn a timeout for their 4th down play.
3 Chargers are only team to lose since the mracle at the meadowlands being in the victory formation.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5535

Quote:
1 His prevent defense caused that
2 Down 2 scores with Peyton on the opposing sideline Time is a serious factor. They had to burn a timeout for their 4th down play.
3 Chargers are only team to lose since the mracle at the meadowlands being in the victory formation.
4th and 29 is a prevent defense situation. Rice made a good play and they got away with a close block in the back by Boldin. Then they got a very good spot from the refs. None of which was Norv's fault. Don't get me wrong the guy has had issues as of late, but that was not one.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Quote:
1 His prevent defense caused that.
No it didn't. The defensive call accomplished exactly what you want. All the receivers were covered deep and Flacco had to dump it off short. There were multiple Chargers that were in position to tackle Rice. You can't blame that on Turner.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

Quote:
No it didn't. The defensive call accomplished exactly what you want. All the receivers were covered deep and Flacco had to dump it off short. There were multiple Chargers that were in position to tackle Rice. You can't blame that on Turner.
Agreed. The Chargers got everything they wanted on that play and the players on the field blew it.
Old 11-26-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

even though ray rice didnt get the first down...the refs blew it imo with that awful spot...twice
Old 11-28-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

Left coast is always a tought win no matter who. Their run D is pretty good and you have to imagine they will bracket AJ big time. Look for Sanu, Gresh and Charles to play a role in this game. The Bengals will start to see alot of the "shell again" with AJ so I look for him to be in the slot alot again.

On defense we have to stop Matthews first and hold Gates down. Floyd is Rivers target. We have to pressure Rivers and force him to his left
Old 11-28-2012, 04:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Those saying my gameplan vs chargers was irrelevant:

This is from don banks at sports illustrated.

The best news for the Bengals' playoff hopes is that by the time Cincinnati faces the Steelers in Pittsburgh in Week 16, and the Ravens at home in Week 17, Pittsburgh could be out of the wild-card race and Baltimore could have the division and its postseason seed locked up. But the Bengals can't afford any slip-up this week at reeling San Diego. Keep it close into the fourth quarter and the Chargers will find a way to lose.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DYWAGIoG
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRAB14 View Post
Left coast is always a tought win no matter who. Their run D is pretty good and you have to imagine they will bracket AJ big time. Look for Sanu, Gresh and Charles to play a role in this game. The Bengals will start to see alot of the "shell again" with AJ so I look for him to be in the slot alot again.

On defense we have to stop Matthews first and hold Gates down. Floyd is Rivers target. We have to pressure Rivers and force him to his left
Agree.

Game Plan:
1. Don't get into a shoot-out with Chargers
2. Never get into a land war in Asia

I am concerned that the Bengal's running game will implode against the Chargers. I really hope my fear is unfounded.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Agree.

Game Plan:
1. Don't get into a shoot-out with Chargers
2. Never get into a land war in Asia

I am concerned that the Bengal's running game will implode against the Chargers. I really hope my fear is unfounded.
If the run game does implode, it will be because SD is selling out to stop the run. This will mean they are screwed because Andy will destroy them.
Also, won't be no shootout because SD will struggle mightily to score.

Last edited by McC; 11-28-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5969

Historically, Leron Mclain has been able to open up big holes for his running backs, so I'll be looking for the front 7 to perform better this time around. Also, Gates is playing, yes? I know they have a TE out, but I don't think it is him. So this will be challenging game in the middle for the defense.

The only players I've ever heard of are their left cornerback Quentin Jammer and their ILB Takeo Spikes. So run to the strong side (will help if Andre has a big game). I don't think they have any DB that can hang with Green though. Dalton might see some opportunities to scramble right as well.

Heck, pound it up the middle. See if old man spikes can take it. Both BJGE and Peerman pack a whallop. And Gresham could certainly match up there as well.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3921

Game plan? Simple. When they line up in deep cover 2, smash them with BJGE and Peerman. Toss in a couple screens, slants, and seam routes to Gresham or Charles and you should be able to consistently move the sticks. Take a few shots with Marvin Jones or AJ Green, but don't be greedy....the underneath stuff will be given, so just take it.

Rivers has struggled without the deep threat of Vincent Jackson. Sunday will be no different. Losing their starting safety won't help stop the Bengals.

Bengals 27- Chargers 17
Old 11-28-2012, 10:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2631

That has to be one of the stupidest gameplan's ever. I get that they are taking a poke at the head coaching, but seriously.

So your telling me we are up 14 - 0 and have the ball that the gameplan is to stop scoring because we want to keep it close into the 4th quarter.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

I believe the Bengals will win a close game, because they are stronger in the trenches and in ST play. My prediction is Bengals 24 Chargers 20.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 291

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
I believe the Bengals will win a close game, because they are stronger in the trenches and in ST play. My prediction is Bengals 24 Chargers 20.
I disagree, I think it will be a blowout
Old 11-29-2012, 07:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3250

Quote:
Those saying my gameplan vs chargers was irrelevant:

This is from don banks at sports illustrated.

The best news for the Bengals' playoff hopes is that by the time Cincinnati faces the Steelers in Pittsburgh in Week 16, and the Ravens at home in Week 17, Pittsburgh could be out of the wild-card race and Baltimore could have the division and its postseason seed locked up. But the Bengals can't afford any slip-up this week at reeling San Diego. Keep it close into the fourth quarter and the Chargers will find a way to lose.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2DYWAGIoG
That's not a real game plan. Just a snarky jab at the Chargers incompetence when it comes to closing out games. Blow them out and take the crowd out early and there's no need for 4th quarter theatrics.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 11-29-2012, 08:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2247

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcholas View Post
I disagree, I think it will be a blowout
Ironically enough so do I. I honestly dont think this game will ever be close, the Chargers have fallen apart and the Bengals are more in sync than they ever have been. This game could easily look just like the last 3 if not worse.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:20 AM
Banned

Rep Points: -4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
Their wins are the Chiefs x2 the Raiders and the Titans week 2 when they had no clue what was going on. I feel pretty good about this one.
you think the nfl work like madden too
Old 11-29-2012, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 494

Quote:
Blow them out and make a statement this game, that we are here and not going anywhere. No need to keep this game close.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:04 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136

Hopefully we don't get obsessed with running the ball like Marvin has been known to do. The Chargers defend the run better than the pass so air them out.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5662

The gameplan should remain the same as it is on every level.
Balanced offense, pressure on opposing QB, solid special teams, and good fundamentals.
Exactly what has been going on the past 3 weeks.
There is no GOOD reason this shouldn't be another lopsided victory.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: game plan vs chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelist View Post
Hopefully we don't get obsessed with running the ball like Marvin has been known to do. The Chargers defend the run better than the pass so air them out.
trust me on this one, this sundays game is going to be a very difficult task. if our team is ready to show themselves and all of us fans they are ready for a playoff run, they must WIN THIS GAME.this will show them and the rest of the nfl we are getting better.i personally feel not too good about this game.the chargers are a good team and hard to beat in their place. this will take a huge effort to pull this off. they must for sure mix it up and keep them guessing. they will be ready to play lights out against us, as no other team in football likes to lose to us as we are consider the worse team in sports.to gain some respect and to still have a slim chance to make the playoffs, they must win this game. i think they will fall short.its so far to go. the time change, the game clock management, the false starts by andre smith and gresham, which every time they have a false start, its always these two dudes.crazy.i just feel bad about this game.the chargers are desperate and have nothing to lose.i so hope i am wrong on this one. on the other hand, if they win it will be huge uplift for them.i see us just short of a victory, by maybe a field goal. andy allows himself to get sacked too often and he is still overthrowing his receivers on the long ball, and he does that every game.just sayin.i so want them to win, but if i were a betting man, i would not bet on this to happen.i think as predicted at the beginning of the season,we are going to finish strong, but short of the playoffs. the steelers will get the wildcard, their coach called the whole team out and they will go on a win streak and get the final spot. thats my prediction based upon the staff not playing sanu eariler, we would not have lose 4 games. i blame gruden for that one, and he finally admitted it this week.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:31 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
trust me on this one, this sundays game is going to be a very difficult task. if our team is ready to show themselves and all of us fans they are ready for a playoff run, they must WIN THIS GAME.this will show them and the rest of the nfl we are getting better.i personally feel not too good about this game.the chargers are a good team and hard to beat in their place. this will take a huge effort to pull this off. they must for sure mix it up and keep them guessing. they will be ready to play lights out against us, as no other team in football likes to lose to us as we are consider the worse team in sports.to gain some respect and to still have a slim chance to make the playoffs, they must win this game. i think they will fall short.its so far to go. the time change, the game clock management, the false starts by andre smith and gresham, which every time they have a false start, its always these two dudes.crazy.i just feel bad about this game.the chargers are desperate and have nothing to lose.i so hope i am wrong on this one. on the other hand, if they win it will be huge uplift for them.i see us just short of a victory, by maybe a field goal. andy allows himself to get sacked too often and he is still overthrowing his receivers on the long ball, and he does that every game.just sayin.i so want them to win, but if i were a betting man, i would not bet on this to happen.i think as predicted at the beginning of the season,we are going to finish strong, but short of the playoffs. the steelers will get the wildcard, their coach called the whole team out and they will go on a win streak and get the final spot. thats my prediction based upon the staff not playing sanu eariler, we would not have lose 4 games. i blame gruden for that one, and he finally admitted it this week.