Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 12845
Default Re: Tomlin Has Finally Seen The Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensLover69 View Post
Except week 3 against them this year?
He had a little stretch where he looked like he was ready to take the next step. New England last year thru the first few games this year.

Then he turned back into Average Joe. He just keeps baiting you guys. Giving you little stretches of good play only to fall back to where he belongs.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12022

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
He had a little stretch where he looked like he was ready to take the next step. New England last year thru the first few games this year.

Then he turned back into Average Joe. He just keeps baiting you guys. Giving you little stretches of good play only to fall back to where he belongs.
So he is the Marvin Lewis of QB's?

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-28-2012, 12:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
So he is the Marvin Lewis of QB's?
That's a great comparison. He can get you there but he can't get you over the hump.
Old 11-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:
Flactoid will not duplicate what he did against New England last year.
i ****ing hate his face

the fu manchu was troll overdrive
Old 11-28-2012, 12:35 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11413

Quote:
That's a great comparison. He can get you there but he can't get you over the hump.
Lol, he had a great game in Dan Diegoand was easily the best player in purple in the aft championship game. The team has issues and they usually fall apart together. Flacco is hardly the reason we failed in 10 and 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug

Old 11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10491

Quote:
Lol, he had a great game in Dan Diegoand was easily the best player in purple in the aft championship game. The team has issues and they usually fall apart together. Flacco is hardly the reason we failed in 10 and 11.
I still don't understand why the Ravens throw the ball 51 times in a close game when Ray Rice is your best offensive player.

Are the Ravens trying to prove Flaccoverde is average so they can negotiate his price down at the end of the season?
Old 11-28-2012, 12:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13139

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
I still don't understand why the Ravens throw the ball 51 times in a close game when Ray Rice is your best offensive player.

Are the Ravens trying to prove Flaccoverde is average so they can negotiate his price down at the end of the season?
It's obvious you like most Steeler fans don't understand the way the game is played.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
It's obvious you like most Steeler fans don't understand the way the game is played.
No answer either, huh?

Well having a QB firmly in the middle of the pack must be their plan.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
He certainly didn't play well in the '10 playoff loss to the Steelers. He did play very well against the Patriots last year until the end. Flacco had three chances to get the lead with seven minutes left in the fourth. Interception, turnover on downs and Evan gets the ball knocked out in the endzone. Great QBs get the ball in the endzone to win that game. You can blame Evans all day but it doesn't dismiss the facts. Flacco couldn't get the ball in the endzone in three tries when he had chances. Give Montana, Brady or Ben three chances and the game is over with a W. Brady actually did get the ball in the endzone in the fourth to get the lead.
Old 11-28-2012, 01:47 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
He certainly didn't play well in the '10 playoff loss to the Steelers. He did play very well against the Patriots last year until the end. Flacco had three chances to get the lead with seven minutes left in the fourth. Interception, turnover on downs and Evan gets the ball knocked out in the endzone. Great QBs get the ball in the endzone to win that game. You can blame Evans all day but it doesn't dismiss the facts. Flacco couldn't get the ball in the endzone in three tries when he had chances. Give Montana, Brady or Ben three chances and the game is over with a W. Brady actually did get the ball in the endzone in the fourth to get the lead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Old 11-28-2012, 04:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2842

Quote:

He can get you there? Really rfaulk?

The bengals were legitimate playoff contenders only twice in Lewis' nearly 10 year tenure.

Dont even put Marvin on the same level as Bill Cowher. Cowhers Steelers seemed to be in the playoffs every year.
Dubbed a choker until he finally got it done.

Old 11-28-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post

The bengals were legitimate playoff contenders only twice in Lewis' nearly 10 year tenure.

Dont even put Marvin on the same level as Bill Cowher. Cowhers Steelers seemed to be in the playoffs every year.

Actually...3 out of 9 years. This is his 10th year so 4/10 years soon to be. Hopefully we get a win this time.

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 11-28-2012, 05:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Actually...3 out of 9 years. This is his 10th year so 4/10 years soon to be. Hopefully we get a win this time.
I said years that you were "legitimate" playoff contenders. The bengals got lucky and backed in last year. Can't count that. Backing in is just as lame as not making it at all.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11413

Quote:
Note taken. Flacco should be regulating the use of stickum to avoid having his receivers drop perfect passes. Hopefully he talked to the chargers about that last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug

Old 11-28-2012, 06:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

No. They have 3 playoff appearances in Marv's 10 years and they just missed out in '06.

But this isn't about Super Marvio. This is about Flacco. The comparison is, like Marv, when he gets to the playoffs, it ends there with no rings.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24693
bengals Re: Tomlin Has Finally Seen The Light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Mendenhall is now the number 3 back, Dwyer is our number 1 back. It is about time he made this move. So much for the announcers on Sunday stating that Tomlin considered Mendenhall to have the best talent.

Dwyer kind of reminds me of Bettis.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 374

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
When Mendenhall came back this year I was surprised by how much BETTER he seemed than the other guys on the roster.

But since that first game its been nothing but disappointments.
call me a "homer" or what you will, you love the Bengals, that's why you're here! Your radio show *****, and so does your sister....lol!
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3460

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Yes him and Rainey have both proven themselves IMO. I doubt that Mendenhall will be offered another contract at the end of the season.
I find this hilarious.

How exactly has Rainey proved himself?

To me, he has proved himself a high ceiling returner and far too small to be a runningback if he's in the backfield. He's too small. He fumbled the ball last week and quite frankly he could fumble 20times this season and I wouldn't call him a problem fumbler. He is TINY. Smaller than any receiver on our team. That's insane. He gets consistantly CRUSHED every single time he runs the ball from the backfield and if he fumbles, I wouldn't blame him. Just his size. He's 180 pounds...He's running into guy's twice his size, and that's not an exaggeration either... Sadly.
He will be nothing more than a returner/change of pace pass catcher/3rd down back. Fact. He = Mewelde Moore's replacement. With far more speed.

For the record, Mendy wasn't getting a contract from the Steelers after this season, regardless of what happened this season.

Last edited by Asmith(DE); 11-29-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 07:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncmarine View Post
call me a "homer" or what you will, you love the Bengals, that's why you're here! Your radio show *****, and so does your sister....lol!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
I find this hilarious.

To me, he has proved himself a high ceiling returner and far too small to be a runningback if he's in the backfield. He's too small. He fumbled the ball last week and quite frankly he could fumble 20times this season and I wouldn't call him a problem fumbler. He is TINY. Smaller than any receiver on our team. That's insane. He gets consistantly CRUSHED every single time he runs the ball from the backfield and if he fumbles, I wouldn't blame him. Just his size. He's 180 pounds...He's running into guy's twice his size, and that's not an exaggeration either... Sadly.
He will be nothing more than a returner/change of pace pass catcher/3rd down back. Fact. He = Mewelde Moore's replacement. With far more speed.

For the record, Mendy wasn't getting a contract from the Steelers after this season, regardless of what happened this season.
You find Wolfies post hilarious then respond with buffonery that is truly hilarious.

Too tiny? lol

Once he has the ball secured, there is no excuse for a running back to fumble whatsoever...regardless of size.
If the RB secures a ball the way he's supposed to, then he can't fumble. No defensive play/player alone can cause a RB to fumble without help from the RB himself.

Ever hear of Darren Sproles? He is 181.
Warrick Dunn 180
Stump Mitchell 188
Dave Megget 190

Watch this buffoon smith come back accusing me of "not getting" his post. He does that every time he gets owned.

Last edited by Woodley; 11-29-2012 at 07:42 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:39 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
I find this hilarious.

Quote:
You find Wolfies post hilarious then respond with buffonery that is truly hilarious.

Too tiny? lol

Once he has the ball secured, there is no excuse for a running back to fumble whatsoever...regardless of size.
If the RB secures a ball the way he's supposed to, then he can't fumble. No defensive play/player alone can cause a RB to fumble without help from the RB himself.

Ever hear of Darren Sproles? He is 181.
Warrick Dunn 180
Stump Mitchell 188
Dave Megget 190

Watch this buffoon smith come back accusing me of "not getting" his post. He does that every time he gets owned.
Rainey has not proved himself beyond being a returner but not because of his size, he just has not proven himself period nor has he really been given the chance.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-29-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8993

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Why should it have been done a long time ago? Until his injury this year...not a single one of the other backs showed any ability to do the job better. Dwyer finally got his head out of his arse and realized there was an opening and began to run like he wanted the job until then he was marginal at best.

This last week showed that Mendy was having issues, that being said I would put a lot of the issues last week at Tomlin’s feet. How do you not continue to give the ball to they guy you choose to be the starter that week. He allowed not a single one of the running backs to get in a rhythm. Simply mind boggling to see how often he moved through backs.
Didn't Tomlin recently say something about guys who don't do their jobs will be benched? Maybe he was showing he was serious?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 26706

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
Didn't Tomlin recently say something about guys who don't do their jobs will be benched? Maybe he was showing he was serious?
Ok...Not sure how this is related to our discussion but I'm sure you're right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8993

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Ok...Not sure how this is related to our discussion but I'm sure you're right.
You were on him for constantly switching running backs. He switched them after they fumbled so I'm just saying he was following up.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 26706

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
You were on him for constantly switching running backs. He switched them after they fumbled so I'm just saying he was following up.
Ah...I see now...It helps to highlight thee part of my post that you are referring to otherwise I look at it as if you are commenting on the whole of the argument.

I'm sure that’s what he was doing...however I think as it goes with running backs and QB's they are rhythm players and often times need reps to get going. RB and QB by committee is a failed plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.