Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3109
Default Denard Robinson as a RB?

Just curious on what everyone thinks? This is a HUGE question mark that no one knows. Everyone knows Denard ***** as a QB and no one would ever draft him as one. I'm surprised Michigan took this long to put him as an RB or try him at different positions. This would only benefit the school and Denard as well, as he should put his ego aside and realize this is his only shot at the NFL.

No one knows what potential he has, we can only assume how good of a Returner (kick and punt) he can be. We don't know what kind of WR he might be? We also don't know what kind of Running back he could be?

We do have a need at RB, now we know he's not going to be drafted high, but he is a high reward type of player so it is possible he could be drafted as high as the 4th round??? Is he a every down type RB? Doubtful but we just don't know? He seems to be doing pretty well right now at RB, imagine if he had a whole season at RB, we have a better gauge to go off of, of what he could really do. A third down back i can see, a Chris Perry type of back. With that he would fit with us, he would share the loads with Green-Ellis. We know Denard is capable of big runs. Now i am all for us drafting a RB high, but what if we drafted Denard late so we had two running backs?? Also we could use him as a kick off returner as well as we would get rid of Tate.

What do you guys think? If we are thinking this, then you know other teams are as well, that's why i say he could go as high as 4? Who knows.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:17 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2484
Default Re: Denard Robinson as a RB?

I would love to see one of my favorite Michigan players in stripes that would own :) but i wouldn't use him as an RB all of the time, he could be a gadget type player but I doubt it happens being realistically

Last edited by Trademark; 11-27-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:32 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23020
bengals Re: Denard Robinson as a RB?

Not only no but HELL NO! We have gotten rid of the prima donna attitudes so we do not need to start over.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3089

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Not only no but HELL NO! We have gotten rid of the prima donna attitudes so we do not need to start over.
Denard looks like more of a returner than a NFL RB due to his size. But he still could possibly be a COP back? Dunno, but there are much better options at RB around where he is projected to get drafted.

I'm not a fan of the kid as a QB, but if I'm taking a kid out of the Big 10 to be converted from QB to RB, I'd prefer Braxton Miller in the 2014 or 2015 draft. He is not very good at passing, but he is dynamic with his legs. 6'2" and 210 lbs, plus he has very good lateral agility to avoid tackles. He has been clocked with a 40 time of around 4.5, which is pretty average for an NFL RB. I would not mind seeing him as a Bengal in 2014 or 2015 as a backup RB that can some wildcat snaps.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Denard is about the farthest thing to a prima donna as you can get. His entire time at UM the kid was a class act and a true team leader. He never made negative news or bought into his own hype.

Now having said that I don't want to see him as a RB at the pro level. I doubt he could take the pounding. Perhaps a WR where he could excell in space. He could have great success there ala Desean Jackson. If he had not been misused as a QB his whole time in college and instead got to focus on a WR role I think we would be talking about a first day guy just from athleticism alone.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 11-27-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:23 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I don't want any scrub from the Team Up North!!! Go Bucks!!!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4027

I'd take him. But use him not as a RB. But more like how Minnesota uses Percy Harvin.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3109

I really think he can be a third down back like Chris Perry, my own concern would be his blocking.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Denard is about the farthest thing to a prima donna as you can get. His entire time at UM the kid was a class act and a true team leader. He never made negative news or bought into his own hype.

Now having said that I don't want to see him as a RB at the pro level. I doubt he could take the pounding. Perhaps a WR where he could excell in space. He could have great success there ala Desean Jackson. If he had not been misused as a QB his whole time in college and instead got to focus on a WR role I think we would be talking about a first day guy just from athleticism alone.
You may want to research just a little before posts such as this. He was a one man hype machine. You may want to check up on his smack talk about wanting to race the Olympic runner from Jamaica. All the scrawny little dude does is talk smack. Yep class act for sure.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:41 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
You may want to research just a little before posts such as this. He was a one man hype machine. You may want to check up on his smack talk about wanting to race the Olympic runner from Jamaica. All the scrawny little dude does is talk smack. Yep class act for sure.
He said he could beat him in the 40 but would be smoked after that. Not much smack for a 4 year career.
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-27-2012, 07:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 719

Quote:
I think it's obvious that you have a little bias towards Michigan players with a name like you have. Saying that smack talk means he has no class is stupid. Tons of players talk smack, even some of our current players no doubt.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2100

Quote:
I agree stay away from those types. While we're at it cut Green because of his comments on the Giants secondary. What classless pigs these two are.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:52 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8736

Quote:
Originally Posted by khamla View Post
Just curious on what everyone thinks? This is a HUGE question mark that no one knows. Everyone knows Denard ***** as a QB and no one would ever draft him as one. I'm surprised Michigan took this long to put him as an RB or try him at different positions. This would only benefit the school and Denard as well, as he should put his ego aside and realize this is his only shot at the NFL.

No one knows what potential he has, we can only assume how good of a Returner (kick and punt) he can be. We don't know what kind of WR he might be? We also don't know what kind of Running back he could be?

We do have a need at RB, now we know he's not going to be drafted high, but he is a high reward type of player so it is possible he could be drafted as high as the 4th round??? Is he a every down type RB? Doubtful but we just don't know? He seems to be doing pretty well right now at RB, imagine if he had a whole season at RB, we have a better gauge to go off of, of what he could really do. A third down back i can see, a Chris Perry type of back. With that he would fit with us, he would share the loads with Green-Ellis. We know Denard is capable of big runs. Now i am all for us drafting a RB high, but what if we drafted Denard late so we had two running backs?? Also we could use him as a kick off returner as well as we would get rid of Tate.

What do you guys think? If we are thinking this, then you know other teams are as well, that's why i say he could go as high as 4? Who knows.
Please god no... Dude fumbles to easily... He's a speedy runner but he's also made of glass.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

bengals Re: Denard Robinson as a RB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRager View Post
I agree stay away from those types. While we're at it cut Green because of his comments on the Giants secondary. What classless pigs these two are.
LMAO....ridiculous. Let's get the facts straight maybe. Like the fact that Green did not actually just smack talk about the Giants secondary. The interviewer the statement about there being holes in the secondary that they should be able to exploit and asked Green if he thought they would have chances because of it and Green said yes.

Gee, not like the media and fans to overhype a non story.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalHawk62 View Post
I'd take him. But use him not as a RB. But more like how Minnesota uses Percy Harvin.
This.

He is too fragile to play RB consistently, but he is certainly a play maker and has world class speed.

His best position is probably as a slot receiver, guy can flat out fly.