Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
It happens all the time in the NFL.... not everyone hears the whistle....
Everyone else heard the whistle. You would think he would get the hint after everyone quit playing, including the guy that was blocking him. But maybe you're right, maybe he is so stupid he thought everyone was so afraid of his awesomeness that they just quit playing and gave him a free shot at the QB. You see how stupid that sounds? Oh, and I was there and had it recorded at home and have watched it multiple times and even slowed it down, and all Whit did was walk over to the guy and Houston launched his head into Whit and then the raiders jumped him. So get off your high horse because you are wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-28-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4563
Default Re: Whitworth don't take no crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
Everyone else heard the whistle. You would think he would get the hint after everyone quit playing, including the guy that was blocking him. But maybe you're right, maybe he is so stupid he thought everyone was so afraid of his awesomeness that they just quit playing and gave him a free shot at the QB. You see how stupid that sounds? Oh, and I was there and had it recorded at home and have watched it multiple times and even slowed it down, and all Whit did was walk over to the guy and Houston launched his head into Whit and then the raiders jumped him. So get off your high horse because you are wrong.

Right....whatever.... I am on a high horse..... You are so right.... players shouldn't act like professionals.... they should do stupid things on the field just to make the fans happy instead of doing the smart thing and let the refs penalize the guy.... get the 15 yards.... nope just act as thuggish and as stupid as the guy for "endangering" the QB...

Again I am not saying don't protect the QB... however the act was over with and the QB wasn't in danger... if anything Whitworth should have went to his fellow linemen and told them that even when the play is blown dead, you don't allow someone to go clean to the QB... instead getting thrown out is the answer because it sent some supposed message to the NFL....

BTW what does being there have to do with anything? Watching the constant replays would be enough for most people.... I wasn't at the Lions game and I know that Suh meant to hit Schaub....
Old 11-29-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
Right....whatever.... I am on a high horse..... You are so right.... players shouldn't act like professionals.... they should do stupid things on the field just to make the fans happy instead of doing the smart thing and let the refs penalize the guy.... get the 15 yards.... nope just act as thuggish and as stupid as the guy for "endangering" the QB...

Again I am not saying don't protect the QB... however the act was over with and the QB wasn't in danger... if anything Whitworth should have went to his fellow linemen and told them that even when the play is blown dead, you don't allow someone to go clean to the QB... instead getting thrown out is the answer because it sent some supposed message to the NFL....

BTW what does being there have to do with anything? Watching the constant replays would be enough for most people.... I wasn't at the Lions game and I know that Suh meant to hit Schaub....
As for being there, I saw it in real time with no camera cutaway so I saw the whole thing go down. Like the fact that I know there were 4 players dragging Gresham away from the fight but they didn't have that angle. As for just letting the guy get flagged, he didn't get flagged. It was a penalty they either missed or they were giving the raiders a freebie because of the previous play. And anyone who has ever played football knows that when the whistle is blown, you stop blocking, otherwise you draw a penalty for that and cost your team more yards so that was just an idiotic statement. Whit went over there to tell the guy he better not do that **** again, and the guy headbutted whit, then the other raiders jumped him. He didn't do anything wrong, he just stuck up for his QB. Because his QB would have been in danger every play after that because they had just shown they were going to cheap shot Dalton when given a chance. So yes, I am glad whit did what he did.

Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4563
Default Re: Whitworth don't take no crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars304 View Post
As for being there, I saw it in real time with no camera cutaway so I saw the whole thing go down. Like the fact that I know there were 4 players dragging Gresham away from the fight but they didn't have that angle. As for just letting the guy get flagged, he didn't get flagged. It was a penalty they either missed or they were giving the raiders a freebie because of the previous play. And anyone who has ever played football knows that when the whistle is blown, you stop blocking, otherwise you draw a penalty for that and cost your team more yards so that was just an idiotic statement. Whit went over there to tell the guy he better not do that **** again, and the guy headbutted whit, then the other raiders jumped him. He didn't do anything wrong, he just stuck up for his QB. Because his QB would have been in danger every play after that because they had just shown they were going to cheap shot Dalton when given a chance. So yes, I am glad whit did what he did.

You have got to be saying some of the dumbest things.... 1st a flag came out for the false start, who knows if the Refs were to ADD the personal foul (unnecessary roughness or roughing the passer, both are 15 yard penalties which by rule are supposed to be be added since the infraction occurred after the whistle) or not.

Just to clear that up, I know it is hard to grasp.... we get hit with the false start.... now it is 3rd and 11 instead of 3rd and 6.... Houston illegally hits Dalton.... that is a penalty that the officials COULD (no way of knowing if they were or not) call which would have been 15 yards the other way which would result in a 1st down.... Of course the officials messed that up too.... actually all penalties were to be enforced on that play, but considering the chaos I can see how the officials made honest mistakes.

Now seeing 4 players pulling Gresham away somehow makes you an expert on the incident doesn't make sense to me but if you say so then it must be so.

2nd Maybe they were giving the Raiders a freebie... from what I can tell they gave us one as well, it happens all the time.... sometimes the wrong call is made. However let the officials do the job they are supposed to and as a player just play the game, don't leave it up to the officials.

3rd you don't get penalized for continuing to block, that statement just doesn't make any sense.... also the remark about Dalton getting "killed" if Whit didn't step up is way off base. If the OLine does the job they are supposed to do then fans or Dalton shouldn't have any worries about Dalton getting "killed" every play after that.

4th I get it, I am either alone or part of a very small group of Bengals fans that thinks Whitworth acted inappropriately. If he didn't do anything wrong like you said then the officials should not have ejected him from the game, the league would not fine him and he wouldn't say "I don't THINK the league will suspend me".

Finally, my point with all of this is... the lack of understanding appropriate response... Whit as the leader should have just went to the officials and called them out (without being overtly aggressive to them) example: "Hey is that legal? Throwing the QB to the ground after the play was blown dead, is that legal?", then he should have told his fellow OLine not to ever allow someone get clean to the QB again even if the whistle blows, those are appropriate. Running up to the guy AFTER and getting aggressive with him is NOT appropriate. Trust me, if the OLine does the job they are supposed to do then Dalton will not be "killed" and we will still have the respect of the league, no one will walk all over us.