Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-29-2012, 01:13 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: Andrew Whitworth is the Freaking MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Great question. I don't think Carson did as much to earn the loyalty of his teammates as Andy has. IMHO, Carson came across as arrogant, even though I think I remember him buying stuff for his linemen.That's all well and good, but you can't buy people's loyalty. Not real loyalty.

Andy comes across to me as being humble but hungry. Whit's as down-to-earth as it gets, and I think he probably genuinely likes Andy. Even in our losses, Andy shows that capacity not to get too low, and he doesn't get too high when we win. And he hasn't thrown anyone under the bus. His leadership is one of believing that we're all in this together.

I think Andy's passion is contagious though, and not just his, but AJ's as well. I think they are both very strong quiet leaders who do it by example. Everyone seems to be following their lead, too.
Eh, I don't know about that. Carson had a lot of the team's respect. Plus that hit wasn't as cheap as the one Dalton took. QBs get hit all the time after they've thrown the ball. Carson's was just low and the result was horrible and the players were concerned about him.

I can't remember the last time someone took a cheap shot like that to one of our players. I can guarantee you if the same thing happened when Carson was at QB, Whit would've done the exact same thing.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal Droppings View Post
Not a Whitworth fan at all. But something happened in a Jacksonville game a few years ago where he got his but kicked again... was it over something similar? I can't really remember.

Carson got in the face of the Brown's player who cheap shot Shipley and knocked him out a couple of years ago. Palmer was the only one to stand up for Shipley in that instance.

This is only the 2nd instance I can recall where a Bengal has stood up for another Bengal. I always wanted someone to cheap shot Ward for the hit on Rivers but it never happened.
You never saw Brandon Johnson level Ward in 2009? Man, that was awesome!! Anybody got the clip?
Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23720

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrizzle View Post
Eh, I don't know about that. Carson had a lot of the team's respect. Plus that hit wasn't as cheap as the one Dalton took. QBs get hit all the time after they've thrown the ball. Carson's was just low and the result was horrible and the players were concerned about him.

I can't remember the last time someone took a cheap shot like that to one of our players. I can guarantee you if the same thing happened when Carson was at QB, Whit would've done the exact same thing.
Probably. That's just who Whit is.

And yeah, I think players respected Carson, but I don't think he had the kind of loyalty that Andy's generated though. Just a gut feeling on my part. No real evidence.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Probably. That's just who Whit is.

And yeah, I think players respected Carson, but I don't think he had the kind of loyalty that Andy's generated though. Just a gut feeling on my part. No real evidence.
Yep, it's probably more a testament to Whit's character than Andy.

Though it's great to see that relationship between your QB and lineman

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 11-29-2012, 10:59 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Andrew Whitworth is the Freaking MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Shove it. You're not a fan (you're a hater, actually), and you say "got his *** kicked."

Um, you try and deal with 4 guys who are 300 pounds, and you see if you come out of it with ONLY a black eye.

Furthermore, he fought against Jax because his eye was getting gouged, and he STILL came out on top.

What Truck said.