Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20784
Default Re: Surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Im not gonna lie baised on what the coaches said i was all for giving binns a shot.

He made some good grabs for us but i guess could not get seperation on a regular bases (but didnt start out to badly)

Tate plays okay I like him on the team because he at least stays heathly and adds his Return abilities (when he doesnt try and hot dog it)

M jones couldnt handle return duties and its only a matter of tick tocks till A Jones is hurt again.

and hes made some plays at WR and is currently the 3rd guy in.

Sanu and Green make a good combo... Now if only we still had simpson roaming the otherside with sanu in the middle.
You had me right up til you brought Jerome into it.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20784

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Looks like it's bad news for Jones and Tate, with Hawkins and Sanu turning things up. The previous duo's catch percentage doesn't even add up to 100%, with Jones being at 50%...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Good to see Peerman excelling in a limited role. That said, often change of pace and third down back have a better average than the starter, so not buying the Peerman hype yet. He's doing well in his role at the moment, but let's wait and see if this is the standard, or simply Ced's high point in the season.
He breaks tackle, jas excellent balance, quick feet, good hands and good speed and he goes balls to the wall every second he's on the field.. What's not to love? Guarantee if Peerman had stepped into one of those hole Law Firm had, he would have scored. This is no knock on BJGE. But I've been yelling play Peerman for two years now.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Surprised?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
How come the majority of the people had this figured out a lot sooner? What's up with that?

What's up with you not remembering me saying this stuff all the time McC?

I think you were one of the ones who agreed with me.

Truth is i trusted Gruden's and Urban's thoughts early but it was clear that Binns and Tate
were not the #2's for the future. Nice to see Sanu becoming that guy and if i was wrong
about it i would admit it too. Glad i wasn't wrong, i also think Marvin Jones has a lot to offer.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
I think the thing is we as fans only see a snap shot of what the coaches get to see. Coaches see guys every day in practice and then have to balance that with the same snap shots the fans see. I know a lot of coaches value practice and if you don't practice well you don't play. Guys like Sanu just don't practice well for whatever reason, but when the lights come on they shine.

For every guy the fans demand to start like a Sanu or Peerman there are guys that the fans demand to see who really are just no good. Back up QBs are the biggest example of this, but it does happen a lot.
Tebow? LOL
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Tebow? LOL
Hey, Tebow beat the Steelers in the playoffs. That counts for something in my book. He may only have backup level passing skills, but he's a powerful runner and he's got heart to spare. I'd definitely take him over what the Steelers have been rolling out since Ben went down.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 11-28-2012, 10:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

I am really glad to see that these two guys got a chance to play. I had heard that Sanu does not practice well, which may be the reason as to why he did not get much playing time.
That takes me back a few years to Corey Pavin. He had the most God awful practice swings. But he was one of the most accurate drivers on the tour. Sometimes, practice does not translate to real game situation. I am just glad that it is the reverse for Sanu, because there are practice wunderkinds who don't deliver in game situations.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Bengal Fan View Post
Gruden on Sanu:

"He's awesome in the red zone," Gruden said. "In zones he has a great feel for finding the holes and man-to-man he's got a big body (6-2, 210) where he can create separation for himself. He's everything we hoped he would be. It just took us too long a time to figure it out I guess."

Hawk was our slot. It was hard to get him in there. Now that (Sanu) is in there it's going to be hard to get him out."

Gruden says he's not sure what he'll do when Hawkins comes back, but he thinks Sanu can be a solid outside guy and his spectacular one-handed lefty grab for a two-yard touchdown last Sunday came when he was lined up outside.

Gruden on Peerman:

Gruden also admitted that Cedric Peerman has taken the team by surprise as he moves from seldom-used backup to change-of-pace back. Peerman has had to fight the stigma of being a sixth-rounder who excels on special teams, but with bursts of 31 yards last week and 14 the week before, he is showing he can provide some of the quickness Scott was supposed to show.

“(Peerman) is another guy in training camp and preseason every time he gets the ball he has great vision and does good things. When we had Bernard and Cedric (Benson), he didn’t get the reps. Then on third down Brian Leonard would come in so he was never in the mix," Gruden said. "More of a special teams guy. He didn’t have enough handoffs in our game plan to get all four touches. But now that we have (Peerman) as the number two, he’s been able to take advantage of his reps. We had a feeling he would be pretty good but you don’t know until you give him those reps.

How many of us have been calling for more playing time for both these guys? I hope they don't mess with success when the others are healthy enough to return. If these guys are producing I say let them play until they don't!

Peerman is just another guy who's good.

I'd have BScott over Peerman any day. Many of us on here would as well.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-28-2012, 11:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post

Peerman has shown more to me than Scott has ever shown me in the short amount of time he has played.

The only plays Scott has shown was Quan Cosby is faster, damn good at ST's and that Scott might be faster than Green Ellis. Not much to say.

Big diff in age as well and hands and blocking ability and ST's. All in Peerman's favor.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:12 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22519

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Eh, Simpson wasn't trustworthy and is way too inconsistent.

Dalton missed Marvin Jones on one throw last game that could have been a monster play.

Watch for a few big plays coming from Jones soon enough.

The explosive package would be Marvin Jones and Green on the outside with Hawk in the
Slot and then use Sanu in the redzone or in 3rd down situations. Move Sanu around.

I really like our receiver core for the future.
Jones and Green outside.

Hawkins and Sanu inside slots.

4 receiver sets. I think we'll line up 4 WRs a lot going down the stretch. We already do 5 WRs several times a game.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:10 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Peerman has shown more to me than Scott has ever shown me in the short amount of time he has played.

The only plays Scott has shown was Quan Cosby is faster, damn good at ST's and that Scott might be faster than Green Ellis. Not much to say.

Big diff in age as well and hands and blocking ability and ST's. All in Peerman's favor.
Lateral movement and vision, BScott wins.

Both **** at blocking lol, so nobody there.

And pass catching, both have poor hands (Half of Peerman's catches he bobbles).

The only thing Peerman has shown better, and the reason he's on the roster, is that he can be a bellcow in a pinch, but more importantly, he is a teams beast and a half; BScott could only return (another thing BScott has better).

Both are valuable to this team when healthy, and BScott has done a lot in the past 3 years in terms of converting 1st downs, and returning. Peerman's value is too great though, and he won't be cut for a long time.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-29-2012, 09:08 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1870

Quote:

Really?

No knock against Scott but I would give the ball to the man that's producing NOW and not replace him with Scott until Peerman stops producing. Peerman has done nothing but make plays when he gets the ball. I think he has great speed for his size and a heart to match. Just my .02.

1. I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever; with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690
Default Re: Play Peerman more and DON"T SIT OUT SANU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Time Bengal Fan View Post
I see where Jones may be back for the Chiefs game. If Marvin sits Sanu out I'm going to flip out. This kid has done nothing but make plays & I fully believe he gives us a better chance at winning when he's on the field.

In another thread I called for more playing time for both Sanu and Peerman. They finally got a chance and both came out and played well against the Giants. As far as I'm concerned they should both get more playing time.

If Jones is able to go then so be it but hopefully Marvin & Co. have enough sense to keep these two guys on the field. What say ye?

You need 3 primary receivers. Sanu will take over as the main slot and Baby Hawk will back him up. AJ and MLJ are primarily wide outs.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:57 AM
VIP Gold Member

I think most are in agreement of less Binns and Tate. More Sanu, Jones and Hawkins. Nobody needs to argue for AJ.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Lateral movement and vision, BScott wins.

Both **** at blocking lol, so nobody there.

And pass catching, both have poor hands (Half of Peerman's catches he bobbles).

The only thing Peerman has shown better, and the reason he's on the roster, is that he can be a bellcow in a pinch, but more importantly, he is a teams beast and a half; BScott could only return (another thing BScott has better).

Both are valuable to this team when healthy, and BScott has done a lot in the past 3 years in terms of converting 1st downs, and returning. Peerman's value is too great though, and he won't be cut for a long time.

Have to disagree with you here Truck. I used to be a Scott supporter too but i grew up.

Scott only had one great return and that was mostly because of Cosby. Peerman can
return Kicks as well and looks faster on the field to me and is harder to tackle.

Scott will not be around anymore though so this is all moot.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

Have to disagree with you here Truck. I used to be a Scott supporter too but i grew up.

Scott only had one great return and that was mostly because of Cosby. Peerman can
return Kicks as well and looks faster on the field to me and is harder to tackle.

Scott will not be around anymore though so this is all moot.
BScott has the best season ever returning kicks in our franchise history.

NOT due to Cosby

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-29-2012, 11:44 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1441

Sanu isn't gonna sit out. ever since he's had more snaps,our red zone % has drastically improved.
don't worry
Old 11-29-2012, 11:50 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3517

More Sanu and more Peerman is a great idea. I've been a fan of Peerman since he came to the team. Peerman > Scott.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactPlaya View Post
Sanu isn't gonna sit out. ever since he's had more snaps,our red zone % has drastically improved.
don't worry
Very hard to argue against giving a guy with 4 redzone TDs in 3 games more playing time. Sanu's role will expand each week and he will continue to impress. I think it's safe to say we've got a viable #2.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

NOT due to Cosby

You are a funny guy Truck.

That was also before they moved the Kickoff.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

You are a funny guy Truck.

That was also before they moved the Kickoff.
lol and our only returner since has been worse than BScott, Glenn Holt, Tremaine Mack, Peter Warrick before him, sooooooooo...

CHILD PLEASE
Old 11-29-2012, 01:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
lol and our only returner since has been worse than BScott, Glenn Holt, Tremaine Mack, Peter Warrick before him, sooooooooo...

Hey, i am not defending Tate. I am defending Peerman and trying to take shots at Scott.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:17 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Agreed, let Peerman start over Green Ellis...I would actually release Green Ellis after this season, if that's possible. And then draft a RB in rounds 1 or 2.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 2228

I want to see more wildcat formations with Sanu. Not that we should be using it every series, but occasionally seeing Sanu in at qb (he has already show that he can throw from that position if need be instead of just running it) or running back is not only fun, but it adds an entirely new wrinkle that defenses have to prep for. It would also be interesting to see what Sanu could do if he came in as a 3rd down running back as well (once in a while, I am still a big B-Len fan).

Heck I just want to see Sanu on the field more...
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1870

This morning report shows Sanu is hurt. I hope one of the other guys can step up and fill the void.

1. I will sing of the mercies of the LORD for ever; with my mouth will I make known Thy faithfulness to all generations.

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

NOT due to Cosby
I think he was referring to the Pittsburgh game winner. That was hands down one of the best special teams plays I have ever seen. And I AM talking about Cosby not Scott. Scott obviously did great, he scored; but he ran out of gas. Cosby was a one man wrecking machine blocking which is what let Scott break one to start with, then caught back up to him and took another guy out.

Last edited by Lolli; 11-30-2012 at 09:43 AM.