Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:25 AM
ODRAB14 ODRAB14 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,954
Rep Points: 2857
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Manny Lawson - LB would not resign
Andre Smith – RT Re-Sign
Nate Clements - CB Let go
Chris Crocker - S Let Go like this year, bring back depend. on market
Jeff Faine - C let go
Robert Geathers - DE Time to Move on
Wallace Gilberrry - DT Wait for market
Bruce Gradkowski – QB Re-Sign One year deal
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign Going to want HUGE MONEY, Extend Geno 1st
Adam Jones - CB Re sign - has played well
Brian Leonard - RB Let Go
Rey Maualuga – LB Wait for market not sure if Rey is long term answer here
Jeromy Miles - Saefty- Resign Good ST player Resing
Terrence Newman – CB Re-Sign 1 year deal
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign Franchise again
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign
Richard Quinn - TE Let go
Vincent Rey – LB Let go
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign I say yes, but then Thompson becomes Clinton McDonald Like trade bait I would think
Dan Skuta – LB Re-Sign
Brandon Tate - WR Let Go
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:30 AM
JohnHenry JohnHenry is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 377
Rep Points: 876
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
I understand completely. I also don't want to lose Geno and will be very happy the day I hear he's signed to stick around a long time. We're just further away from a crisis point with him than we are with other players.
I’ve read many of your posts and agree with you much of the time.
And, when I don’t agree I can usually see your point.

So, with that in mind, let me offer you this regarding Geno Atkins’ contract situation…

99% of the time I would agree with your strategy. I mean why sign a player early if they don’t have to?
The squeaky wheel should get the grease and Geno won’t be squeaking until 2014 – makes perfect sense.

However, I think we can agree that Geno Atkins is a very rare player.
Dominant interior Dlinemen who can give you double digit sacks and provide consistent pressure in the backfield are once in a decade players – and probably two.
As a bonus he seems to be a quality individual with his head screwed on straight.
Moreover, when all is said and done and considering the round he was drafted in, Geno Atkins may arguably be the best draft pick the Bengals have ever had.
I predict in days to come these message boards will be filled with posts waxing nostalgic about his time here and deifying his exploits on the field.
In brief, he is a cornerstone player and needs to be treated as such.

Therefore, extending him one year prior to the end of his current contract sends a message.
It sends a message that the Bengals are serious about winning and are serious about taking care of their essential players.
More importantly, it prevents him from sowing seeds of discontent, and prevents his situation from causing any dissention amongst the ranks.
Let’s face it – if they aren’t willing to reward Geno Atkins then who is worthy of reward?

So, not only would I attempt to sign him ASAP I would make a big deal out of it.
Once an agreement is reached, call a press conference and throw a party.
Treat him like a star. Cater to him. Publically extend him a warm welcome and congratulate him.
In short, take the opportunity to make a big positive PR splash – these are the moments that change franchises!

In short, signing Geno early makes a statement.
It tells everyone who cares to know that the Bengals recognize his contributions, and are serious about keeping him and are serious about winning.

Further, signing him ASAP will most certainly pay dividends with other FAs now.
Think about it – 2013 FAs will know that Geno is locked-up which may tip the scales in their favor when considering other teams.

Incidentally, this is the mistake I think they made with Jonathan Joseph.
IMO, with any kind of imagination they could have signed him before the situation reached critical mass and won him over at the same time.
Admittedly, Jonathan Joseph may not have mattered as much as Geno Atkins, but he definitely mattered.

So, don’t wait with Geno! Extend him now!

By the way, although I have little faith in Mike Brown, this is an opportunity for him shine.
And as a practical matter, he should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time.
So, he should be able to re-sign the current free agents AND focus on Geno Atkins too.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 AM
The Caped Crusader's Avatar
The Caped Crusader The Caped Crusader is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Nati
Posts: 3,979
Rep Points: 3367
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Adam Jones is a must re-sign. The dude plays solid coverage, not to mention, he's one of our better tacklers in the secondary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:38 AM
OchoCincos's Avatar
OchoCincos OchoCincos is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 2,403
Rep Points: 3335
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Should have said this before: my picks are in bold.

Manny Lawson - LB Re-Sign
Andre Smith – LB Re-Sign

Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT
Bruce Gradkowski – QB Re-Sign
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign

Adam Jones - CB
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB Re-Sign
Jeromy Miles - CB
Terrence Newman – CB Re-Sign
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign

Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB Re-Sign
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign
Dan Skuta – LB Re-Sign
Brandon Tate - WR Re-Sign


What do you guys think?
Who Dey!
Manny Lawson - LB
Andre Smith – LB Re-Sign
Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT
Bruce Gradkowski – QB Re-Sign
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign

Adam Jones - CB Re-Sign
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB Re-Sign
Jeromy Miles - CB
Terrence Newman – CB
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign

Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign
Dan Skuta – LB
Brandon Tate - WR

Lawson is mediocre. I prefer to draft a SAM.

I personally think Tate is a waste. Jones is better on PR, and we could put someone else on KR duties. I do not want to see Tate used at all other than STs anyway.

I left off both Newman and Clements, and signing Jones. People forget that we do get back Allen, so our CBs could be Hall, Kirkpatrick, Jones, Allen, and Ghee (he looked good before injury). Plus, we could draft one. I'd be ok with bringing back one of Newman or Clements, but not both.

If any LB is brought back for depth, I'd prefer Maualuga over Rey and Skuta. They may be nice for ST, but they are not good if they have to play on the defense. Maualuga would be a good depth player, and he would have to work hard to get a starting job (ideally). I would prefer a starting LB crew of Thomas-Burfict-Howard, with Maualuga, Moch/Joiner, and Lamur as our backup LBs.

Smith and MJ should be highest priority, and it should not be ignored that our DL has played better with Pat Sims added back into the rotation. He is a big body run defender, and provides time for other DL to rest and therefore perform better throughout a game.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Ryan Mc Ryan Mc is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 6,068
Rep Points: 9461
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHenry View Post
I’ve read many of your posts and agree with you much of the time.
And, when I don’t agree I can usually see your point.

So, with that in mind, let me offer you this regarding Geno Atkins’ contract situation…
Good stuff, all reasonable points. I think JoJo situation was a little different ... I believe his injury history was what kept us from stepping up and making a big offer before he was a free agent, but I could be wrong.

Only thing I'd say is that you are right that extending Atkins now would send a message, but we need to consider how that message would be received by other players. The impending FAs might be resentful that he was taken care of first and less likely to re-sign with us. Hard to know for certain, but I seem to remember back in the day when we gave Chad a big extension mid-season, Willie Anderson, whose contract was up after that season made some sarcastic remark like "interesting, I didn't know Chad's contract was up at the end of this year." I agree Atkins is a special player, though. By rights, that means he should be entitled to special treatment compared to others, but fair or not that doesn't always play well in the locker room.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 11-28-2012, 11:56 AM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,576
Rep Points: 27057
bengals Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
We all know Geno HAS to be resigned, otherwise I will lose all faith in the FO. But other than Geno, who deserves to be resigned before the season is up or at least right away after the season?

Geno is #1
Gresham #2
Burfict #3 (he's playing on a UDFA salary and I believe he has outplayed that by a lot...I know he's only a rookie)
Adam Jones #4 (he has been playing solid football)


So far this season, Geno has been the best player at his position for sure. Gresham is a good solid TE, if we let him go we will either have to sign a big name TE in FA, or draft another TE within the first two rounds. I say just resign him and keep things gelling with Andy and his weapons.

People will be confused about resigning Burfict, but he showed he had faith and heart when he contacted Marvin. I think we need to show him the same and resign him to keep him here for a long time.

Other than that, who do YOU believe we need to resign?


#1 Geno (best DT in the game and makes the entire Defense go)
#2 Andre Smith (damn good RT, need him back to keep this young O-line good)
#3 Gresham
#4 MJ (having his best season and really coming into his own)
#5 Dunlap (keep this D-line intact)
#6 Adam Jones (having a great season and is finally healthy, one of the best backup Corners in the league IMHO)
#7 Hawk
#8 Gilberry (keep this D-line intact)
#9 Burfict (playing a great rookie season)
#10 Peerman (just a good football player who has explosiveness and great balance, badazz ST'er)
#11 Thomas Howard
#12 The Nuge
__________________

Last edited by eliminate08; 11-28-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:02 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,954
Rep Points: 36244
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post


#1 Geno (best DT in the game and makes the entire Defense go)
#2 Andre Smith (damn good RT, need him back to keep this young O-line good)
#3 Gresham
#4 MJ (having his best season and really coming into his own)
#5 Dunlap (keep this D-line intact)
#6 Adam Jones (having a great season and is finally healthy, one of the best backup Corners in the league IMHO)
#7 Hawk
#8 Gilberry (keep this D-line intact)
#9 Burfict (playing a great rookie season)
#10 Peerman (just a good football player who has explosiveness and great balance, badazz ST'er)
#11 Thomas Howard
#10 The Nuge
Agree with all.. The Nuge worries me we havent had good historical numbers retaining a guy after a tag.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:05 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,576
Rep Points: 27057
bengals Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Agree with all.. The Nuge worries me we havent had good historical numbers retaining a guy after a tag.


He is a Bengal fan though so i think it should be different with the Nuge.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:07 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,954
Rep Points: 36244
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post


He is a Bengal fan though so i think it should be different with the Nuge.
Hopefully... Just need to pay him a decent 2.5 mil a year im guessing. would like to see him have better kickoffs but with our gunners it hasnt been an issue.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-28-2012, 12:52 PM
3wt's Avatar
3wt 3wt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 1,365
Rep Points: 3421
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Manny Lawson - LB
Andre Smith – LB Re-Sign
Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S Re-Sign - QB of defensive backfield
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT Re-Sign - Solid rotational guy
Bruce Gradkowski – QB Re-Sign
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign
Adam Jones - CB Re-Sign
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB Re-Sign - Depending on how he finishes and who we draft
Jeromy Miles - CB
Terrence Newman – CB Re-Sign
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign
Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign
Dan Skuta – LB Re-Sign - Depending on who we draft
Brandon Tate - WR

That's a lot of money right there - especially Dre and MJ. But they are core players we need to keep.

Sims will also be more expensive than we want to pay for a role player - but I think we should. Makes the D better.

Hate to lose Miles - but his defensive backfield play has not justified us keeping him
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:05 PM
ImpactPlaya ImpactPlaya is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Streetsboro Ohio..Browns Country
Posts: 714
Rep Points: 1441
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

heres my order of priority.
these guys must return

Michael Johnson
Andre Smith
Cedric Peerman
Adam Jones

M.J is just starting to scratch the surface on how good he can be.
He's now beginning to learn how to play DE at a ideal weight.
Andre Smith is better than any RT coming out of the draft and any FA RT.
he is a huge reason why Andy Dalton stays off his back and clean.
Him and Zeitler are a damn good combo
Peerman is that locker room guy that Marvin needed in the 2005-2007 seasons.
just a great leader that holds the team together
Adam Jones is playing some serious shutdown CB. Left for dead years ago,he
might be best CB on the team right now.

I wouldn't resign Lawson. Lemur is a viable replacement. Lemur hasn't hurt the defense
in his limited snaps. he has a high ceiling.
Newman is playing rock solid,but we have some kids coming up in Prater and Kirkpatrick.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Bengal4ever68's Avatar
Bengal4ever68 Bengal4ever68 is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,401
Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Should have said this before: my picks are in bold.

Manny Lawson - LB Re-Sign
Andre Smith – LB Re-Sign
Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT
Bruce Gradkowski – QB Re-Sign
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign
Adam Jones - CB
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB Re-Sign
Jeromy Miles - CB
Terrence Newman – CB Re-Sign
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign
Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB Re-Sign
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign
Dan Skuta – LB Re-Sign
Brandon Tate - WR Re-Sign

What do you guys think?
Who Dey!


Re-sign

Andre Smith
Nate Clements
Chris Crocker
Wallace GIlberry
Bruce Gradkowski
Clark Harris
Andrew Hawkins
Kevin Huber
Adam Jones
Jeromy Miles
Mike Nugent
Cedric Peerman
Pat Sims
Vincent Rey


Let Go

Manny Lawson
Jeff Faine
Robert Geathers
Michael Johnson ( If he wants to much $ )
Brian Leonard ( Not used a whole lot )
Rey Maualuga ( We can find someone better in the draft )
Terence Newman
Richard Quinn
Brandon Tate
Dan Skuta
__________________

Last edited by Bengal4ever68; 11-28-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
RCBengalsFan RCBengalsFan is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Indiana
Posts: 230
Rep Points: 349
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Manny Lawson - LB
Andre Smith – LB
Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DE
Bruce Gradkowski – QB
Clark Harris - TE/LS
Andrew Hawkins – WR
Kevin Huber – P
Michael Johnson – DE
Adam Jones - CB

Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB
Jeromy Miles - S
Terrence Newman – CB
Mike Nugent – K
Cedric Peerman – RB
Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB
Pat Sims – DT
Dan Skuta – LB
Brandon Tate - WR
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-29-2012, 06:35 AM
italianfan italianfan is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 32
Rep Points: 74
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

In my opinion we should definitely resign

Smith - Johnson - Sims - Hawkins - Jones.

The others can be resigned only if the price is right....
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:24 PM
FootballBender FootballBender is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hyrule
Posts: 689
Rep Points: 559
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Should have said this before: my picks are in bold.

Manny Lawson - LB Re-Sign
Andre Smith – LB Re-Sign
Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT
Bruce Gradkowski – QB Re-Sign
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign
Adam Jones - CB
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB Re-Sign
Jeromy Miles - CB
Terrence Newman – CB Re-Sign
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign
Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB Re-Sign
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign
Dan Skuta – LB Re-Sign
Brandon Tate - WR Re-Sign

What do you guys think?
Who Dey!
the 6 in BOLD I want re-signed immediately! the underline people I want but don't break the bank for. Some are still iffy (Maualuga) and I rather see the rest of the season to come to a final conclusion.

I really like having Clements at safety because of all the experience he's had on the field as a CB. He could be a very good General out there in the secondary, like Woodson style. He does everything you're supposed to do on Defense. Yeah, I know he's getting up there in age but he could have a couple more years if he stays at Safety and be a good mentor for a possible drafted S.

Pat Sims is a must too. Ironic, he goes down last year, Defense goes to crap. Defense starts like crap this year, comes off PUP and now the Defense looks better. Coincidence? Nothing wrong with having his big 'ol body fighting for us in the trenches.

I'm running out of time to explain the rest but you know what i'm going to say anyways. But my thoughts are we can't re-sign everybody especially with Atkins and Dunlap contract will expire the following season and I want the Bengals to unload some cash to these 2 guys!!!

Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:28 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,954
Rep Points: 36244
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
Should have said this before: my picks are in bold.

Manny Lawson - LB
Andre Smith – LB Re-Sign
Nate Clements - CB
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT Re-Sign
Bruce Gradkowski – QB (maybe probly will be cheap)
Clark Harris - TE/LS Re-Sign
Andrew Hawkins – WR Re-Sign
Kevin Huber – P Re-Sign
Michael Johnson – DE Re-Sign

Adam Jones - CB (while i was against him this year hes playing well enough to stay)
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB Re-Sign
Jeromy Miles - CB
Terrence Newman – CB Re-Sign
Mike Nugent – K Re-Sign
Cedric Peerman – RB Re-Sign

Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB Re-Sign
Pat Sims – DT Re-Sign
Dan Skuta – LB Re-Sign
Brandon Tate - WR Re-Sign


What do you guys think?
Who Dey!
im almost with you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:29 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 35,954
Rep Points: 36244
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballBender View Post
the 6 in BOLD I want re-signed immediately! the underline people I want but don't break the bank for. Some are still iffy (Maualuga) and I rather see the rest of the season to come to a final conclusion.

I really like having Clements at safety because of all the experience he's had on the field as a CB. He could be a very good General out there in the secondary, like Woodson style. He does everything you're supposed to do on Defense. Yeah, I know he's getting up there in age but he could have a couple more years if he stays at Safety and be a good mentor for a possible drafted S.

Pat Sims is a must too. Ironic, he goes down last year, Defense goes to crap. Defense starts like crap this year, comes off PUP and now the Defense looks better. Coincidence? Nothing wrong with having his big 'ol body fighting for us in the trenches.

I'm running out of time to explain the rest but you know what i'm going to say anyways. But my thoughts are we can't re-sign everybody especially with Atkins and Dunlap contract will expire the following season and I want the Bengals to unload some cash to these 2 guys!!!

Rey since being named Captain has really stepped up will it be enough to keep his job? idk but im guessing he wont be expensive to resign and at the very least can play 2 different spots.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:31 PM
BengalRugby's Avatar
BengalRugby BengalRugby is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Living in your head
Posts: 11,951
Rep Points: 24053
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Re-sign..
Manny Lawson - LB
Andre Smith – LB
Nate Clements - CB
Bruce Gradkowski – QB
Clark Harris - TE/LS
Andrew Hawkins – WR
Michael Johnson – DE
Adam Jones - CB
Mike Nugent – K
Cedric Peerman – RB
Pat Sims – DT


Let walk...
Chris Crocker - S
Jeff Faine - C
Robert Geathers - DE
Wallace Gilberrry - DT
Jeromy Miles - CB
Dan Skuta – LB
Brandon Tate - WR
Richard Quinn - TE
Vincent Rey – LB
Brian Leonard - RB
Rey Maualuga – LB
Kevin Huber – P
Terrence Newman – CB
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 11-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Cincy's Best's Avatar
Cincy's Best Cincy's Best is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Demon's Run
Posts: 3,794
Rep Points: 4522
Default Re: Bengals FA's, who to re-sign?

Just curious as to who Andre Smith LBer is and why everyone would resign him, he hasn't done anything on defense?
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 11-30-2012, 01:59 PM
umkubas umkubas is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,848
Rep Points: 1089
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

The posst about Geno Atkins reveall a lack knowledge on Atkin`s contract.

Drafted in 2010, Atkins`was signed to a 4 year,$ 2.262 million contract. Under contract to the Bengals the 2013 season for $630,000, the Cincinnati Bengals may hold a option for year 2014.

To extend Atkins would be a `dream`scenario for a Cincinnati Bengals, but as the National Football League is a business first and foremost, Atkins should test free agency or force the Cincinnati Bengals to franchise him for vast dollars.

Tackle Andre Smith is the main problem for the Cincinnati Bengals. Free agency looms large in a short 40 days for Andre Smith.

Again, the National Football League is a business and Andre Smith should test free agency to extract the maximum salary for his play....the esence of free enterprise. The Cincinnati Bengals would of course have the option of franchising Smith for ( a guess) 10-12 million for the 2013 season.

Andre Smith would be in a better position to win divisional titles, conferences championships and SuperBowls with any other franchise along as it is not the Cincinnati Bengals. But of cousre that is judging the Cincinnati Bengals future potenial against the Cincinnati Bengals mediocre, non descript past
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
IllWill IllWill is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bengaldom
Posts: 383
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
We all know Geno HAS to be resigned, otherwise I will lose all faith in the FO. But other than Geno, who deserves to be resigned before the season is up or at least right away after the season?

Geno is #1
Gresham #2
Burfict #3 (he's playing on a UDFA salary and I believe he has outplayed that by a lot...I know he's only a rookie)
Adam Jones #4 (he has been playing solid football)


So far this season, Geno has been the best player at his position for sure. Gresham is a good solid TE, if we let him go we will either have to sign a big name TE in FA, or draft another TE within the first two rounds. I say just resign him and keep things gelling with Andy and his weapons.

People will be confused about resigning Burfict, but he showed he had faith and heart when he contacted Marvin. I think we need to show him the same and resign him to keep him here for a long time.

Other than that, who do YOU believe we need to resign?
Besides Geno, only two names come to my mind as priority: Andre Smith, and Michael Johnson. The lines are finally both pretty good and need to stay that way. Next on the list should be Adam Jones, Pat Sims and Kevin Huber. Burfict is can be taken care of next year, and Gresham is only in his 3rd year of a 5 year deal. And who knows what they have in Charles yet? Still to early.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincinnati Ohio
Posts: 3,459
Rep Points: 3707
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Well if Geno has an option next year you wait then pay him after his option year. Why throw away money? But AS SOON as we pick up the team option on him we immeaditaly negotiate his long term deal. Thats something you dont wait on. YOu never know what can happen. Maybe next year we go 2-14 and he wants out. When we couldve just signed him in camp to his big deal.

but i also wouldnt hate not picking up his option and just paying him really big this year. As said before in this thread, he is a cornerstone defensive player....you dont leave those guys hanging. We finally have a guy we can say is in the same class as the Ray Lewis's. Troy Polamalu's of the AFCN. Wed be STUPID to mess around with that. If we lose Geno i honestly may take a year off really follwoing this team really closely. id watch games and thatd probably be it, no posting, no buying merch....Losing Geno would be a huge hit to me as a fan and as a team. I was mad when we let TJ walk, but Geno would be a whole nother level
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:50 PM
berserkerone88's Avatar
berserkerone88 berserkerone88 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Did you get that thing I sencha?
Posts: 20,540
Rep Points: 25860
Default Re: Most important players to resign this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Well if Geno has an option next year you wait then pay him after his option year. Why throw away money? But AS SOON as we pick up the team option on him we immeaditaly negotiate his long term deal. Thats something you dont wait on. YOu never know what can happen. Maybe next year we go 2-14 and he wants out. When we couldve just signed him in camp to his big deal.

but i also wouldnt hate not picking up his option and just paying him really big this year. As said before in this thread, he is a cornerstone defensive player....you dont leave those guys hanging. We finally have a guy we can say is in the same class as the Ray Lewis's. Troy Polamalu's of the AFCN. Wed be STUPID to mess around with that. If we lose Geno i honestly may take a year off really follwoing this team really closely. id watch games and thatd probably be it, no posting, no buying merch....Losing Geno would be a huge hit to me as a fan and as a team. I was mad when we let TJ walk, but Geno would be a whole nother level
Football contracts usually do not contain options. Especially rookie deals.
He is ours until the end of the 2013-14 season.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.