Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1352
Default Carlos Dunlap... M.I.A

9.5 sack 2010
4.5 sack 2011
2.0 sack 2012

If he were a singer this would be referred to as a 1-hit-wonder. He is reminding me a lot of Robert Geathers. Heck, even Geathers (his backup) has 3 sacks already. Yes he's missed 4 games this year but he has played in 7 and is averaging just 0.42 sacks/game. The guy really needs to step up his play these last 5 games and become relevant again if we're going to make a run. My challenge to him is 2 sacks/game. This would take him to 12 for the year and more than likely give us 3 players with double digit sacks as I'm sure Geno and MJ will get there. Go get you some QB this Sunday son!!!

Although we may not agree on everything, the fact that you're a Bengals fan makes you alright in my book!
Old 11-29-2012, 03:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31891
Default Re: Carlos Dunlap... M.I.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wise-Old-Bengal-Fan View Post
9.5 sack 2010
4.5 sack 2011
2.0 sack 2012

If he were a singer this would be referred to as a 1-hit-wonder. He is reminding me a lot of Robert Geathers. Heck, even Geathers (his backup) has 3 sacks already. Yes he's missed 4 games this year but he has played in 7 and is averaging just 0.42 sacks/game. The guy really needs to step up his play these last 5 games and become relevant again if we're going to make a run. My challenge to him is 2 sacks/game. This would take him to 12 for the year and more than likely give us 3 players with double digit sacks as I'm sure Geno and MJ will get there. Go get you some QB this Sunday son!!!
what has his snap ratio been? (just curious)

We are saving Dunlaps Sacks for the playoffs lol.

but his 18 QB pressures do help

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry

Last edited by XenoMorph; 11-29-2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23931

he has been pushing the pocket and doing a good job keeping contain and playing as a better more well rounded DE. He needs to figure out how to do that and use his pass rush ability. Has the talent.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wise-Old-Bengal-Fan View Post
9.5 sack 2010
4.5 sack 2011
2.0 sack 2012

Phillip Rivers is one of the most sacked QB's in the game right now and the Bengals defensive front four is one of the best (actually I think they are THE BEST but that's just me). I have never worried about individual stats. The Chargers know that Atkins and Johnson are out there and maybe they'll get some double teaming leaving the door open for Dunlap. Can't cover everybody all the time. Plus, Dunlap may not be the best fit all the time for every situation, either. My neck hurts.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26426
bengals Re: Carlos Dunlap... M.I.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
he has been pushing the pocket and doing a good job keeping contain and playing as a better more well rounded DE. He needs to figure out how to do that and use his pass rush ability. Has the talent.

This is what i have been seeing from him as well.

I am just glad he has been healthy lately, knock on wood.

The dude is disruptive no matter how many sacks he is getting. He is nothing like Geathers lmao.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

I wouldn't worry too much about his sacks. He hurries the quarterbacks and rushes throws which end up as bad passes or even ints. Sacks are a glamour stat, he has been producing just fine.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12031

So unless everyone has 15 sacks by now, they're no good? Ever heard of eating up double teams or sealing the edge or closing the pocket? He's fine - stop it.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23931

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
So unless everyone has 15 sacks by now, they're no good? Ever heard of eating up double teams or sealing the edge or closing the pocket? He's fine - stop it.
Well the drop in sacks is a concern, but I think it speaks more to his future ability to stay healthy than anything
Old 11-29-2012, 04:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21911

Carlos is making an impact, as can be seen in MJ's production alone. MJ is getting it done, don't misunderstand, but believe he's more effective playing opposite Dunlap.

Lack of sacks isn't a huge issue, as the whole d-line is playing well and the Bengals are winning. The fans might not see him in the stat line, but the opposing offenses are always keeping an eye on him.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12031

Quote:
Well the drop in sacks is a concern, but I think it speaks more to his future ability to stay healthy than anything
You have to think though - he's racing Geno and MJ to get to the QB. MJ has a wingspan rivaling a pterodactyl and Geno is a physical freak.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1366

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Carlos is making an impact, as can be seen in MJ's production alone. MJ is getting it done, don't misunderstand, but believe he's more effective playing opposite Dunlap.

Lack of sacks isn't a huge issue, as the whole d-line is playing well and the Bengals are winning. The fans might not see him in the stat line, but the opposing offenses are always keeping an eye on him.
^^this couldn't have said it better. Reminds you of Geathers wake up OP.....
Old 11-29-2012, 04:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 14020

His impact is greater than his sack #'s but you'd think with Geno and MJ putting up numbers, he's going to get some chances soon...

Quote:
"Massillon High School is ahead of us," owner Mike Brown said when asked about an indoor practice facility. "We don't have one."
Old 11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
^^this couldn't have said it better. Reminds you of Geathers wake up OP.....
Oakland was Double Teaming Geathers....

Which allows MJ and Geno to destroy them.. (i guess they didnt realize it was geathers lol)

But Bengal Rugby said it best. Dunlap while not getting the Sack is still disrupting the pocket and adding pressure.... Which making the QB uncomfortable is the goal.

Also hes gotten much better in his run defense as well.

Also one thing i remember about his rookie year was a few of those sacks came from QBs running from MJ and dunlap finishing them off.. I hope we can keep this line together until our dynasty runs its course....(which might be a long time if we dont get it started soon)

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 21911

You have to think though - he's racing Geno and MJ to get to the QB. MJ has a wingspan rivaling a pterodactyl and Geno is a physical freak.

I think you're short changing old MJ...

Pterodactylus was a relatively small pterosaur, with an estimated adult wingspan of about 1.5 meters (5 ft) in P. antiquus. Other "species" were once thought to be smaller. However, these smaller specimens have been shown to represent juveniles of Pterodactylus, as well as its contemporary relatives Ctenochasma, Germanodactylus and Gnathosaurus
Old 11-29-2012, 04:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post

I think you're short changing old MJ...

Pterodactylus was a relatively small pterosaur, with an estimated adult wingspan of about 1.5 meters (5 ft) in P. antiquus. Other "species" were once thought to be smaller. However, these smaller specimens have been shown to represent juveniles of Pterodactylus, as well as its contemporary relatives Ctenochasma, Germanodactylus and Gnathosaurus
Not to mention his Arms are like chisled Stone.

The one thing MJ has done since hes been here is hes never slowed down. For someone whos motor was questionable coming out of the draft he has never stopped for us. Even when hurt.

Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 11-29-2012, 06:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1852

Quote:
My two cents is that he is probably playing better all around and not just crashing to the QB as a one-trick pony. I'll take better all around anytime..
Old 11-29-2012, 06:19 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanevans View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about his sacks. He hurries the quarterbacks and rushes throws which end up as bad passes or even ints. Sacks are a glamour stat, he has been producing just fine.
Lol yet this is what Michael Johnson has done from the very start and yet he had to start getting sacks for people to give him respect....

Glamour stats evidently are all some fans see.

I think we have a dominate line and though I would love to see Dunlap with a few more sacks like he had last year. I would much rather just see him getting the sheer number of strips he is known for instead. I think this will be a good week for him to step up and have a big game though.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149

Man do we always have to find something to pick at on this team........Dunlap gets alot of double teams ....Plus geno keeps beaten him to th Q.B......Give it a break will you ....Win 3 games bye over 18 points and we got a guy on here ragging on dunlap........AAHHHH BOYYY
Old 11-29-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
Man do we always have to find something to pick at on this team........Dunlap gets alot of double teams ....Plus geno keeps beaten him to th Q.B......Give it a break will you ....Win 3 games bye over 18 points and we got a guy on here ragging on dunlap........AAHHHH BOYYY

I swear Geno pushes his man back every damn play.

Has there ever been a DT that always dominates? Cause that is what i am seeing from him. Consistent dominance.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
My two cents is that he is probably playing better all around and not just crashing to the QB as a one-trick pony. I'll take better all around anytime..
Some people know football thanks for pointing that out......Our whole dline works as a unit .....It all depends on down and distance....You just cant go running in to the Qb .....Our dline looks for the run and screens and still gets mad pressure............PRESSURE BREAKS PIPES!!!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 06:34 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Has there ever been a DT that always dominates? Cause that is what i am seeing from him. Consistent dominance.
i KNOW YOUR RIGHT AND ITS LIKE ITS NO BIG DEAL ....HE JUST TURNS AND WALKS AWAY LIKE I BE BACK...
Old 11-29-2012, 06:42 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
i KNOW YOUR RIGHT AND ITS LIKE ITS NO BIG DEAL ....HE JUST TURNS AND WALKS AWAY LIKE I BE BACK...

I bet it is starting to get to QB's heads.

The 2 ints in the Giants game were caused by him as well and that doesn't show up on the
stat sheet. He is literally a gamechanger and it is kind of hard for me to give Dunlap crap
for not getting there before Geno.

Dunlap i think has played well this year and has made his game well rounded instead of
just being a pass rusher. Sacks are great and all but pressures that lead to turnovers are
much better.

I also love the passion that Dunlap has been playing with, infectious.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Tim ****** ******* Krumrie! /salute
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Old 11-29-2012, 08:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burma View Post
Tim ****** ******* Krumrie! /salute

Well done.

I was a young buck back then though so i don't remember much.

I hear about him all the time here and i watched him in the 2nd SB. Made me a Bengal fan.

Love Geno though, the guy is the best in the league right now at his position no question.

Atleast i think so.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10660

the Geno Atkins diet......Flacco, RG3, Roethlisberger, Gabbart, Tannehill, and Carson.