Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35467
Default Current Mock at Walterfootball

Bengals get a DE LSU Montgomery rnd 1

Then RB Bennard and LB in round 2.

Then Cincinnati Bengals: Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
The Bengals had a big need at safety, but they didn't address the position until the fifth round this past April. They'll put more effort into finding an upgrade the following offseason because they won't survive with Reggie Nelson and the recently benched Taylor Mays (or cornerback Nate Clements, who is playing out of position) as their starters.

in round 3
Old 11-29-2012, 02:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26850
bengals Re: Current Mock at Walterfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

The Bengals had a big need at safety, but they didn't address the position until the fifth round this past April. They'll put more effort into finding an upgrade the following offseason because they won't survive with Reggie Nelson and the recently benched Taylor Mays (or cornerback Nate Clements, who is playing out of position) as their starters.

in round 3

Haven't watched Bennard play. What is his game like? Is he explosive?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25316
Default Re: Current Mock at Walterfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

Yeah he can be.
I scratch my head watching UNC play at times with their play selection.
He is only a rSoph so he has plenty of room to grow and get even better.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

I would be happy with that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-29-2012, 02:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Yeah he can be.
I scratch my head watching UNC play at times with their play selection.
He is only a rSoph so he has plenty of room to grow and get even better.

I like this Mock then.
Old 11-29-2012, 04:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19277

With how Rey is playing , and if he keeps it up, I don't think backer is as big a need as people think. I guess it also depends on if they like Burfict at WILL or if they want to move him to SAM.

I really don't get the first round or the third round because we're second in the league in sacks, so our pass rush is damn good, but a bad-*** safety is the only thing that's keeping this defense form being dominant, so why not take a guy like Tony Jefferson out of Oklahoma?

Jefferson is good covering tight ends, which is huge in our division, can play center field, intercept balls, and anticipate and be from the secondary into the box to make plays in the blink of an eye.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
With how Rey is playing , and if he keeps it up, I don't think backer is as big a need as people think. I guess it also depends on if they like Burfict at WILL or if they want to move him to SAM.

I really don't get the first round or the third round because we're second in the league in sacks, so our pass rush is damn good, but a bad-*** safety is the only thing that's keeping this defense form being dominant, so why not take a guy like Tony Jefferson out of Oklahoma?

Jefferson is good covering tight ends, which is huge in our division, can play center field, intercept balls, and anticipate and be from the secondary into the box to make plays in the blink of an eye.
No one brought up LB....but anywho...we would still need a SLB and if Burfict moves to SLB we would need a WLB. Regardless, LB is a need in some shape and form.

It depends on what you want at S. Im not as big on Jefferson as bfine, but I think the difference between all the S this year at this point is minimal at best.
And Rambo is pretty bad *** himself.

Last edited by berserkerone88; 11-29-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:04 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

because MJ and Geathers and Gilberry are all gonna be FA's and we won't keep them all.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulses View Post
because MJ and Geathers and Gilberry are all gonna be FA's and we won't keep them all.
Yep.
MJ could easily price him out of our range with Geno needing a deal
Old 11-29-2012, 05:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

We will need an outside Linebacker no matter if Rey continues to play well or not and you
can never have to many pass rushers in this pass happy league.

Also, like Berserker said, Rambo is badazz.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 632

Quote:

Khaseem Green, C.J. Mosely,Gerald Hodges...I'd like to have 2 of the 3.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 499

Quote:

He looks really good especailly for the west coast teams. He can catch, run, and block I see him making a rise into the 1st
Old 11-29-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19277

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post

in round 3
Quote:
No one brought up LB....but anywho...we would still need a SLB and if Burfict moves to SLB we would need a WLB. Regardless, LB is a need in some shape and form.

It depends on what you want at S. Im not as big on Jefferson as bfine, but I think the difference between all the S this year at this point is minimal at best.
And Rambo is pretty bad *** himself.
See above............. LB is our second pick in round two.

I agree that we still might need one but I don't think we'll find a game changer at WILL that will be worth ignoring our need at safety til the third.

Anyways............. Rambo is a bad-***, but he's also a character concerns and we've worked hard to get rid of that label.

Quote:
Yep.
We need to hit the salary floor, so there's no reason to think that we won't throw them both huge deals.
Quote:

We will need an outside Linebacker no matter if Rey continues to play well or not and you
can never have to many pass rushers in this pass happy league.

Also, like Berserker said, Rambo is badazz.
I agree that you can never have too many pass rushers, but why add to a position of strength when we could fill a hole at safety?

Also, we need an outside backer to play WILL (probably) but it's not as big of a need as safety is.

Also, see above about Rambo.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyGuy344 View Post
He looks really good especailly for the west coast teams. He can catch, run, and block I see him making a rise into the 1st
I would compare him with MJD and the Muscle Hamster.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23828

Bernard will be a quality NFL back. I'm not sure if he will be elite, but he has the potential. How many college RBs also return punts?
Old 11-29-2012, 08:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
Bernard will be a quality NFL back. I'm not sure if he will be elite, but he has the potential. How many college RBs also return punts?

Dri Archer is a guy i just got turned on to. Crazy fast.

Tavon Austin is another but both these guys don't seem like true RB's. Big time playmakers though.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:32 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

My draft

Bjoern Werner-DE

Andre Ellington-RB

Anthony Barr-OLB

Dj Swearinger-SS
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengal4ever68 View Post
My draft

Bjoern Werner-DE

Andre Ellington-RB

Anthony Barr-OLB

Dj Swearinger-SS

I like that a lot, Werner would take this pass rush to another level.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Anyways............. Rambo is a bad-***, but he's also a character concerns and we've worked hard to get rid of that label.
He ate a pot brownie on Spring Break last season. I don't think that's really a cause for concern, and neither does his HS coach:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ingram(Rambo's HS HC) View Post
Bacarri went down to Panama City Beach with some friends. One of the nights he went to bed before they did. He got up the next morning, was hungry and found some brownies on the table. He had some with some milk and told me, 'I got high.' The other guys got up and told him that the brownies were not for him. Apparently they were laced with marijuana.
I think that is the story. I think that is exactly what happened. Not many times would I say that, but he has never lied to me before.
Bacarri wanted to turn himself in, foregoing the drug test altogether, but the thought of letting his teammates down prevented him from telling the Georgia HC:

Quote:
He was devastated. Bacarri said, 'If I turn myself in, it is a four-game suspension. I don't want to let everyone down.' He wanted to go to (Georgia coach) Mark Richt and turn himself in, but he decided not to. He said, 'We'll roll the dice and see what happens.'
..and finally, this right here gives me all the confirmation I need to know this won't happen again.:

Quote:
He was praying very hard on it. He said that the reason he came back to Georgia was to be a two-time All-American. He could have gone into the NFL draft. He knew he was going to be a target, a high-profile thing, so he knew he was going to be tested and checked and everything else throughout the year. He had already been tested five or six times last year and never tested positive.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rep-coach-says
Old 11-30-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20914

Quote:
Yep.
Not having Geathers and Peko would free up a bunch of coin. Dunlap's all around game has picked up to the point that we can move on from Geathers. Maybe by next year, Thompson will be ready to take over for Peko.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Not having Geathers and Peko would free up a bunch of coin. Dunlap's all around game has picked up to the point that we can move on from Geathers. Maybe by next year, Thompson will be ready to take over for Peko.
Geathers is already off the book after this year so not a factor.
Okay, we get rid of Peko then what? Thompson has played only a handful of games. I would not get rid of Peko for Thompson right now. That is a convo for 2013. Now if you draft Star or Hankins, then sure cut/trade Peko.

But if MJ asks for the ludicris 10+ million some on here have said he is worth (hint: he isn't) it would hinder our ability to re-sign Geno. It would put direct conflicts in with AJ, Geno and Andy and Andre.