Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19631
Default Re: AJ Green not a top tier receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony33 View Post
Simple, who would you rather have then AJ Green on this team? NOBODY, WHO DEY.
The funny thing is, of the guys people list ahead of AJ, none of them are in their second year. All those other guys are as good as they'll ever be while AJ hasn't even gotten to his peak. Sounds like the gap will be doing nothing but closing.

And to answer your question, I echo your answer.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBURG View Post
I agree with 34, imagine what kind of player we will have when he steps up to the top tier.
doesnt AJ have the most yards or 2nd highest yardage in the league right now?

edit he is 4th:

Megatron : 1,257
Wayne: 1,105
Andre J: 1,058
AJ : 1,022
Marshal: 1,017
Roddy: 1,003

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.

Last edited by Dalton's_Gang; 11-28-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:52 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 56

AJ Green is definitely in the top 3 as far as Receivers go. I would rank Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson in front of him because they've done it longer but AJ will be at the top of that list in a season or two.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26714
bengals Re: AJ Green not a top tier receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrock View Post
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they asked Cris Carter if AJ Green was the best receiver in the league. Cris responded with a resounding NO...then he went on to mention some receivers that were better....Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White. He said AJ is good but is in the 2nd tier of receivers. Homeboy's hatred of the Bengals is comical.

Roddy White is not even better than Julio Jones who AJ is better than.

Carter is an azzwhipe.

Green is the best receiver in the league right now and lots of people believe so and not just Bengal fans.

Calvin Johnson is the only one i think that might be better and that is just cause of his sheer size.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 146

I've listened to Cris Carter A LOT over the last 2 years and I've came to the conclusion that he has a serious thing against TALL 6'4-6'5 type of receivers(Calvin,AJ etc). He probably has this mindset just because he was a mid sized possession receiver,so he naturally is gonna be more attached to players that were closer to his size. I've noticed a lot of former athletes will typically side with guys in their size range and then try to downgrade guys of another size. It's stupid but it's also human nature. In short,NEVER take most analysts opinions real serious because there biased as H.ell sometimes for non football reasons.

Last edited by adpwhodey; 11-29-2012 at 02:22 AM.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpwhodey View Post
I've listened to Cris Carter A LOT over the last 2 years and I've came to the conclusion that he has a serious thing against TALL 6'4-6'5 type of receivers(Calvin,AJ etc). He probably has this mindset just because he was a mid sized possession receiver,so he naturally is gonna be more attached to players that were closer to his size. I've noticed a lot of former athletes will typically side with guys in their size range and then try to downgrade guys of another size. It's stupid but it's also human nature. In short,NEVER take most analysts opinions real serious because there biased as H.ell sometimes for non football reasons.

Jealous SOB eh?

That doesn't surprise me.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32847

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneiderman99 View Post
AJ Green is definitely in the top 3 as far as Receivers go. I would rank Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson in front of him because they've done it longer but AJ will be at the top of that list in a season or two.
just basing this off this year yes....

AJ green until recently had been dominating Fantasy WRs as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29556

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpwhodey View Post
Probably has something to do with the 6'4" Randy Moss always being regarded as the better WR for the Vikings. How can someone be voted into the HOF when he wasn't even the best WR on his own team? Maybe that's why he has a grudge against the tall receivers.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:07 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 283

According to Gregg Rosenthal A.J. Green already is the best receiver in the NFL.Deciding the top spot was very difficult. Green already is the best receiver in the NFL with the ball in the air and he's much better after the catch than you think. Megatron is squarely in his prime and dominant, but I give Green the slight edge if all other factors (quarterback, offense, etc.) were equal. Andre Johnson has quieted any talk of being past his prime with his recent run with the Houston Texans.

Last edited by JstAGame; 11-29-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 32847

Quote:
Originally Posted by JstAGame View Post
According to Gregg Rosenthal A.J. Green already is the best receiver in the NFL.Deciding the top spot was very difficult. Green already is the best receiver in the NFL with the ball in the air and he's much better after the catch than you think. Megatron is squarely in his prime and dominant, but I give Green the slight edge if all other factors (quarterback, offense, etc.) were equal. Andre Johnson has quieted any talk of being past his prime with his recent run with the Houston Texans.
Just imagine when AJ hits his prime....
Old 11-29-2012, 06:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullrock View Post
I was listening to Mike and Mike this morning and they asked Cris Carter if AJ Green was the best receiver in the league. Cris responded with a resounding NO...then he went on to mention some receivers that were better....Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White. He said AJ is good but is in the 2nd tier of receivers. Homeboy's hatred of the Bengals is comical.
Lol this is the same Cris Carter who took 6 years to have a 1000 yard receiving season.

Haters gon hate...
Old 11-29-2012, 07:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1738

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
Green is #2 right now, no question. Megaton is the best in the game, but AJ does a lot of things better than him. No one in the game can adjust to the ball like Green. He has better hands than Calvin and better awareness. Calvin is bigger, faster, better at getting separation, and a bigger redzone target.
I agree with all of that.

Carter is just pissy cause he isn't in the HoF.

It was laughable last year when he said the same thing about Calvin Johnson.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

ESPN has been garbage for yeeeears.

I guess consistency played a big hand since a guy that hasn't played 2 seasons can't get credit for it.

Who cares what they say. He's the best THIS season and the best wr this organization has ever had skill wise.

...also whoever is dogging Roddy White needs to look at the stat books. He's been one of the best for the last 5 years. I seem to remember him whooping us when we took him lightly.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-29-2012, 08:13 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
ESPN has been garbage for yeeeears.

I guess consistency played a big hand since a guy that hasn't played 2 seasons can't get credit for it.

Who cares what they say. He's the best THIS season and the best wr this organization has ever had skill wise.

...also whoever is dogging Roddy White needs to look at the stat books. He's been one of the best for the last 5 years. I seem to remember him whooping us when we took him lightly.

White is good i just think Julio might be better than him already and he is on the same
team. Best receiver core in the league IMHO. But Green, Megatron, Fitzgerald and Andre
Johnson are better than White IMHO as well.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25797

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

White is good i just think Julio might be better than him already and he is on the same
team. Best receiver core in the league IMHO. But Green, Megatron, Fitzgerald and Andre
Johnson are better than White IMHO as well.
Julio MAY be better in the near future, but Roddy still has more yards and receptions. Julio is a freak, but he can't be crowned until he puts up better numbers.

Green and Calvin are better than Roddy, that's about it imo. I can't be bothered with andre's offensive scheme and fitzgerald crappy qbs.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
Julio MAY be better in the near future, but Roddy still has more yards and receptions. Julio is a freak, but he can't be crowned until he puts up better numbers.

Green and Calvin are better than Roddy, that's about it imo. I can't be bothered with andre's offensive scheme and fitzgerald crappy qbs.

Thats cool man.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:28 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10463

Cris Carter: Great receiver, horrible at recognizing WR talent.

He should be in the HoF, but until then, he's going to be bitter towards WRs. Next, he's gonna say DeSean Jackson is better than Megatron and Green.

Oh well. Haters gonna hate.

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!