Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7907
Default Re: Some advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Since you have full custody and she has made no effort to contact them in 3 + years... I would say go for it.. If she becomes a problem im pretty sure the courts will award you with a restraining order agaisnt her.
I agree....and I hope it works out for you. Hate for anyone to be in that sort of situation. My brother was in a similar situation a few years ago and his ex tried to squeeze money out of him in the process. Shes a real POS.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13990

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who2Dey View Post
That's the truth. 100% right pretty much means you can't get caught in the child support racket and they are under your insurance.

What works in your favor is she would need to dedicate a lot of time and money to get them back, and it sound like she isn't the kind of person that has that kind of heart in her.
No she doesn't have the heart. She has since remarried and had a daughter with her new husband. I found out because the only person I am still in contact with from her family told her to f off and has disowned her years ago and my ex tried to get in contract with her again.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-29-2012, 09:00 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
I agree....and I hope it works out for you. Hate for anyone to be in that sort of situation. My brother was in a similar situation a few years ago and his ex tried to squeeze money out of him in the process. Shes a real POS.
Oh I'm sure that in a competition my ex would place lol.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-29-2012, 09:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7907

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Oh I'm sure that in a competition my ex would place lol.
Thats why makes an ex an ex Hope you get it worked out though.

Throw his way and get the FULL NELSON!!!

MEET MR. INTENSITY!!

Even Gronk don't want none of that!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

That is awesome your wife wants to adopt! Well would it help if you and your wife could go and talk to her about what you want to do? maybe if you approached her with your plans she would just agree to this? I just could not imangine a woman wanting to turn away from her kids but I guess that is how some woman role..

Also,do you pay your ex child support?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
That is awesome your wife wants to adopt! Well would it help if you and your wife could go and talk to her about what you want to do? maybe if you approached her with your plans she would just agree to this? I just could not imangine a woman wanting to turn away from her kids but I guess that is how some woman role..

Also,do you pay your ex child support?
No way in hell I will try to discuss this with my ex.

I paid $1,090.00 a month when she had custody.

When I got custody she was ordered to pay $275.00 a month to me. I only seen about 3 months of that total in a years time.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
No way in hell I will try to discuss this with my ex.

I paid $1,090.00 a month when she had custody.

When I got custody she was ordered to pay $275.00 a month to me. I only seen about 3 months of that total in a years time.
well back pay in child support will favor you then?
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
well back pay in child support will favor you then?
No, part of the agreement for her to sign over her rights was that she would not have to pay child support.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
No, part of the agreement for her to sign over her rights was that she would not have to pay child support.
one question does your current know your ex and do they get along? I mean has the been tiffs between them? I know when everybody can get along that is so much better for the kids.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7418

Quote:
one question does your current know your ex and do they get along? I mean has the been tiffs between them? I know when everybody can get along that is so much better for the kids.

Stop it.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:33 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
They only met a couple of times and were civil. Let me be very clear when I say my ex will never be even remotely involved in our lives again.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
They only met a couple of times and were civil. Let me be very clear when I say my ex will never be even remotely involved in our lives again.
oh ok..just kinda the bless your enemies type thinking I have..

Well hope everything goes well for you and wife and wonderful 5 kids!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:38 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: In my profile being forced to remove the dumbness...LOL
Rep Points: 29534

Quote:
Yeah...you don't give that lady even a glint of hope. I know you have to inform her but the moment she starts to indicate that she thinks this might be a way back in you step in to her space and make it clear that she abandoned those children and for that her hell is here on earth.

Quote:
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Yeah...you don't give that lady even a glint of hope. I know you have to inform her but the moment she starts to indicate that she thinks this might be a way back in you step in to her space and make it clear that she abandoned those children and for that her hell is here on earth.
Exactly, yo have no idea what I had to go through when empty promises of visitations, birthday gifts etc never happened.

She abandoned them, lied to them and stole from them and for that she can rot for all I care.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:45 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Exactly, yo have no idea what I had to go through when empty promises of visitations, birthday gifts etc never happened.

She abandoned them, lied to them and stole from them and for that she can rot for all I care.
Preach brother!!!!

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
Preach brother!!!!
Yeah you tend not to forgive someone who purposely tries to ruin her childrens future for her own gain.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13796

Quote:
Ok, I am going to make this as short as possible.

I was married before and had 4 boys with her.

We got divorced and she got custody of the kids.

After about 1 year I gained custody of them.

About 1 year after me having full custody she signed over all rights and has not spoken to them or myself since 2007.

Now to the present day.

My current wife would like to legally adopt the boys (we have a 2 yr old daughter together) but in order to do so we have to make an "effort" to contact my ex-wife and get her to sign off on it. The effort consists of sending certified letter to her last known address, running an ad in local papers etc. Since 2008 I have not known her whereabouts at all so have never really thought about taking steps to do this.

Recently I have found out where she lives and it now gives me even more pause to move forward with allowing my current wife to adopt. I am scared that my ex would have a change of heart and want to see the boys again, there is no way in a million years I would allow that to happen.

So the question is, should I take the chance on taking the steps of letting my current wife adopt them at the risk of being back in contact with my ex?
You can be a **** and follow the letter of the law. Send a certified letter to the last "known" address for her even though you know she is not there (don't mention that part again, maybe even delete this thread). Take a local ad where you know she will not see it. You did your 'due diligence' by the letter of the law and can move forward with the adoption while also leaving the x out of it. Any mother who abandons her kids deserves nothing less.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
You can be a **** and follow the letter of the law. Send a certified letter to the last "known" address for her even though you know she is not there (don't mention that part again, maybe even delete this thread). Take a local ad where you know she will not see it. You did your 'due diligence' by the letter of the law and can move forward with the adoption while also leaving the x out of it. Any mother who abandons her kids deserves nothing less.
While I understand your point and agree whole heartedly that she deserves nothing less...I have to say Duke you should do none of what is written above.

You should give the courts no reason to mistrust you. If there is any way they could ever find out that you knew her whereabouts this would cast doubt on things you may say in court at any later date. Never ever cause the courts to doubt your word at this time, given all the back history they will believe your word over hers, don't screw that up.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 11-30-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 36244

you want her disappeared?

j/k
Old 11-30-2012, 12:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
you want her disappeared?

j/k
Fixed

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote: