Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33258
Default Re: Sanu hurt in practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
Now you know why. Big blow. Teams will likely stack the box to stop BJGE again and trip cover AJ. We'll see if the offense can maintain it's momentum.
BJGE has a ankle sprain apparently.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:45 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51198
Default Re: Sanu hurt in practice; out for the year

Man this stinks.

Hopefully Jones is ready to go off on some people. I honestly believe he'll have two TD catches on Sunday.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Old 11-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1681
bengals Re: Sanu hurt in practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj22 View Post
Now you know why. Big blow. Teams will likely stack the box to stop BJGE again and trip cover AJ. We'll see if the offense can maintain it's momentum.
no one on this team will be able to replace sanu.he was so good. marvin jones is a speedster, but so is their cornerbacks. and dalton has not played with him much. this is a big big lost.it will effect us big time and the law firm has a bad foot. i see us heading into a whippin for sure.and marvin lewis is so bummed about this. he just always gets bad luck. i have NEVER seem so many injuries year after year. its crazy.it makes you seriously feel this team is cursed.they have more key injuries than any team in sports. believe that!! i do not have much hope for a victory. this team will be very very hard to beat.it will take a miracle to win this one.i see the season going down the tubes, just sayin.they backed themselves into a no win corner and thats the way it goes. another 44 years and counting. just when will this team ever get to a super bowl and win it. probably never!! i know most of you on here would not say this and i don't blame you as you want to have hope and all that, but does anyone on here honestly believe we will be in the playoffs??? and if we did make it, the only team i would want to play first is the broncos. their qb is slow of foot and we almost beat them. two plays is all that cost us that game. we played them tough. no one wants to play the pats or the ravens or the texans.if by some miracle we get to the playoffs, i think the nati can beat peyton.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
no one on this team will be able to replace sanu.he was so good. marvin jones is a speedster, but so is their cornerbacks. and dalton has not played with him much. this is a big big lost.it will effect us big time and the law firm has a bad foot. i see us heading into a whippin for sure.and marvin lewis is so bummed about this. he just always gets bad luck. i have NEVER seem so many injuries year after year. its crazy.it makes you seriously feel this team is cursed.they have more key injuries than any team in sports. believe that!! i do not have much hope for a victory. this team will be very very hard to beat.it will take a miracle to win this one.i see the season going down the tubes, just sayin.they backed themselves into a no win corner and thats the way it goes. another 44 years and counting. just when will this team ever get to a super bowl and win it. probably never!! i know most of you on here would not say this and i don't blame you as you want to have hope and all that, but does anyone on here honestly believe we will be in the playoffs??? and if we did make it, the only team i would want to play first is the broncos. their qb is slow of foot and we almost beat them. two plays is all that cost us that game. we played them tough. no one wants to play the pats or the ravens or the texans.if by some miracle we get to the playoffs, i think the nati can beat peyton.
Really?

You are ridiculously negative. Look at the injuries on San Diego, worse than ours. Look inside the division. Steelers have been without seriously key players all season, much worse than ours. Ravens, again major losses on the defensive end. We're still in the same position we've been all season. Young and talented with plenty of guys who can rotate in and step up. Fans have faith in their team. Whiners sound like you.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
if this is what you believe and feel why do you bother hanging around and supporting the bengals.
Old 11-30-2012, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
if this is what you believe and feel why do you bother hanging around and supporting the bengals.
Sure that's the word you meant to use?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 520

Some people are such chicken littles it's funny.

Losing Sanu hurts; it does not end our season. Period.

Let's see what happens Sunday before we count the last 5 games already lost.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

The loss of Sanu is a bummer... but I mean, really. He was coming along as a nice #2, but it isn't as if Sanu was the sole reason we won those games. We will be fine.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Sure that's the word you meant to use?
well he calls himself a fan.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

Yes, but acting in the same manner as you represent yourself is the definition of one's character. Seems someone missed that unfortunately.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3323

Quote:
What he thinks he is:

Reality:

Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRAv View Post
Yes, but acting in the same manner as you represent yourself is the definition of one's character. Seems someone missed that unfortunately.
Oh well, at least most of us aren't overreacting I still think the Bengals win a close one in SD.
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2747

Play Ball!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149

Quote:
I think you lost your mind we will crush the chargers rivers ***** number1 ......Are we playing the same team that lost a 21 point lead to denver ....they **** we will win this game bye 10 ....And we have plenty of offence to get to the playoffs .....And after that its swim or sink for every team.....I aint hanging my head because 1 guy got hurt im sorry not me ....And the bengals wont hang there heads..... You can bet that...
Old 11-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 149

Quote:
After the bye i didnt see i player get better .....I saw a whole team get better.....sanu may have helped ...But he aint the whole reason we are winning....We got plays baby we got plays......SANU DIDNT PLAY WHEN WE BEAT THE GAINTS.......We will be just fine.....This whole team runs on that Dline ......When that Dline wasnt getting there we wasnt winning ....And the chargers cant block a pop warner team

Last edited by fulltime bengalfan; 11-30-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

This is a blower. Well at least I know this will give Sanu the fire to come out of the gate swinging next season.

This does hurt us especially since Sanu had emerged as a competent red zone threat and what seemed to becoming a favorite of Andy in those situations.

I knock on wood and will only mention last december in this manner and say nothing more.

I am a little more bummed but that is because I had Sanu in the flex for fantasy this week.

Get better and see you next season young man thanks for showing up when you had the chance.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:44 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
What in the name of moses is this crap? Who is this guy, and how come I've never seen him? Someone please tell me this is just joking around. So, without Sanu, we can't POSSIBLY beat the worthless Chargers? As in NO CHANCE?

Where some of these people come from is way beyond me. Dude goes on a big long, nearly impossible to read, rant, and starts it with we can't possibly beat the Chargers, and ends it with us possibly beating the Broncos in the playoffs.

It's called T-h-e-r-a-p-y, look into it!
Old 11-30-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10563

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
What in the name of moses is this crap? Who is this guy, and how come I've never seen him? Someone please tell me this is just joking around. So, without Sanu, we can't POSSIBLY beat the worthless Chargers? As in NO CHANCE?

Where some of these people come from is way beyond me. Dude goes on a big long, nearly impossible to read, rant, and starts it with we can't possibly beat the Chargers, and ends it with us possibly beating the Broncos in the playoffs.

It's called T-h-e-r-a-p-y, look into it!
The Rapy?
Old 11-30-2012, 04:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1359

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PISTONS View Post
Marvin Jones...Hawkins and Whalen aren't #2 WR's.
Right now, I think we're in troluble. I love Jones, but he hasn't done anything at this point. I hope they turn to him and not Hawkins . Hawkins is more of a trick player to me, not a regular as his size can be dominated and taken advantage of.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:58 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 357

The question now becomes who do we replace Sanu with. I think Hawkins is the only Slot receiver left on our roster. So he plays against San Diego. But what after that? I assume we'll be lining up candidates over the weekend. I saw Anthony Gonzales, Mike Sims-Walker, and Lee Evans among those available.
Old 11-30-2012, 04:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5850

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
He's in JAC now I think.
Bah. Signed on November 20th. It would've been cool if Shipley could've come back in right when we needed him. I gotta believe that given enough rehab time he could be back in good form again.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:01 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulltime bengalfan View Post
After the bye i didnt see i player get better .....I saw a whole team get better.....sanu may have helped ...But he aint the whole reason we are winning....We got plays baby we got plays......SANU DIDNT PLAY WHEN WE BEAT THE GAINTS.......We will be just fine.....This whole team runs on that Dline ......When that Dline wasnt getting there we wasnt winning ....And the chargers cant block a pop warner team
He had 4 receptions for 47 yards, and 1 t.d., seems he had a decent game against giants.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 5850

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Bah. Signed on November 20th. It would've been cool if Shipley could've come back in right when we needed him. I gotta believe that given enough rehab time he could be back in good form again.
OK, so almost as a joke, I looked up Quan Cosby:

Cosby was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on November 27, 2012.

Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19425

2nd player lost for the season due to an injury in practice.

Who else does this happen to besides the bengals?

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 11-30-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 785

Hate to say it but is he going the way of Jordan Shipley? Tough break but if his recovery is slow he's done in Cincy. They'll trade him to as soon as he's healthy . It's common knowledge we're loaded with talented receivers. Could possibly end up in New England and replace Wes Welker should he get hurt.

Last edited by RhodeIslandFan; 11-30-2012 at 05:56 PM.