Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:46 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581
Default Time to Step up Marvin Jones.

It is your time to step up Jones you missed out when spraining your knee on the opening kick off with your family in PBS.

Now you are in Cali with even more family coming to watch you play. It is time for your coming out game dude!

I was a Sanu homer and still am the guy has immense talent but I liked what I saw from Jones in the pre-season and it is time for him to shine now! Give us a break out performance and do work...

I say the same for baby Hawk but he knows what time it is he is sitting on the bubble and he will have to blast off as well. We also need the D to play hard for 4 quarters. We can not sleep on San Diego and it is time for the next in line to show up.

Especially Jones! and I think he can do it he will have the opportunities and the motivation.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225
Default Re: Time to Step up Marvin Jones.

Yup, since Sanu is out it's time for Jones to step up & i'm really looking forward to seeing how he does.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:11 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1048

I really have a good feeling jones is gonna have a good game. The only thing I can compare it to is before the giants game I just had this feeling we were gonna come out with a win.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-30-2012, 05:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5714

Jones looked pretty sharp in pre-season, though that was against some 2nd stringers with Gradkowski throwing to him (they honestly seem to have some chemistry). If nothing else, he certainly helps stretch the field which helps open up other things.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Jones looked pretty sharp in pre-season, though that was against some 2nd stringers with Gradkowski throwing to him (they honestly seem to have some chemistry). If nothing else, he certainly helps stretch the field which helps open up other things.

Dalton did have Jones deep against the Chiefs or the Raider (can't remember which one)..but Dalton underthrew it to him.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44729

Marvin Jones, come on down! You're the next contestant on "Make a play"!
Old 11-30-2012, 05:32 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 41165

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
It is your time to step up Jones you missed out when spraining your knee on the opening kick off with your family in PBS.

Now you are in Cali with even more family coming to watch you play. It is time for your coming out game dude!

I was a Sanu homer and still am the guy has immense talent but I liked what I saw from Jones in the pre-season and it is time for him to shine now! Give us a break out performance and do work...

I say the same for baby Hawk but he knows what time it is he is sitting on the bubble and he will have to blast off as well. We also need the D to play hard for 4 quarters. We can not sleep on San Diego and it is time for the next in line to show up.

Especially Jones! and I think he can do it he will have the opportunities and the motivation.
I would argue that it is time for Dalton to step up. He played very poorly without a guy that can do everything. The person this hurts the most is Dalton and I hope we don't see the guy struggle again and stare down his receivers as well as other mental mistakes he makes when he needs to make plays on his own.

I think he will be fine though, Marvin stepping up certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by busamboy; 11-30-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10798

Like Jones and Sanu.

Truly believe that Bengals are set for the future with Green, Sanu, Jones.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 551

I know its seems like a long time ago, but Marvin Jones was our best rookie WR in the preseason. He is also the fastest WR on the team. People have been calling for Sanu to be the #2 WR but I always thought the #2 would wind up being Marvin Jones when he was healthy. It's terrible what happened to Sanu but that's how it is in the league.........Next man up.

Marvin in his short time has shown the ability to get separation from DB's which will make life easier on Andy especially if teams continue to double A.J and leave Marvin Jones one-on-one. I believe we all know what Sanu can do.........great in redzone & uses his body to front DB's from the ball........great hands & catches everything around his body. Well Marvin Jones also has good hands as well (not sure he catches as well as Sanu yet) and is more of a #2 b/c of his top end speed & ability to separate.

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 06:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 44729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir TalonHawk View Post
I know its seems like a long time ago, but Marvin Jones was our best rookie WR in the preseason. He is also the fastest WR on the team. People have been calling for Sanu to be the #2 WR but I always thought the #2 would wind up being Marvin Jones when he was healthy. It's terrible what happened to Sanu but that's how it is in the league.........Next man up.

Marvin in his short time has shown the ability to get separation from DB's which will make life easier on Andy especially if teams continue to double A.J and leave Marvin Jones one-on-one. I believe we all know what Sanu can do.........great in redzone & uses his body to front DB's from the ball........great hands & catches everything around his body. Well Marvin Jones also has good hands as well (not sure he catches as well as Sanu yet) and is more of a #2 b/c of his top end speed & ability to separate.

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all know what Marvin Jones CAN do, the question is WILL he? The man has excellent physical tools, he just needs to have fun, like he did in college.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22681

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir TalonHawk View Post

WHODEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People latch on to whoever did the most most recently. It's understandable. But we put up alot of points before Sanu emerged.

Andy and the Oline are most responsible for the improvements we've seen since the bye. I think we'll be fine. Sorry for Mo though.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamboy View Post
I would argue that it is time for Dalton to step up. He played very poorly without a guy that can do everything. The person this hurts the most is Dalton and I hope we don't see the guy struggle again and stare down his receivers as well as other mental mistakes he makes when he needs to make plays on his own.

I think he will be fine though, Marvin stepping up certainly wouldn't hurt either.

Andy is playing just fine, and Sanu cannot and did not do everything. He was a good red zone target though. Jones and Hawkins are good players too. We will be ok.
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Sanu was a security blanket possession receiver and could do some different things like lining up in the backfield. But that's only one, maybe two plays per game.

Getting Jones and Hawkins back gives us a lot more speed and big play ability. The defense really has to defend he entire field with those guys in there.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2432

I really like Sanu a lot and he has shown the ability to be more than a slot WR if needed, but I still say Marvin Jones is a much more natural #2/Outside WR threat and Sanu will see more and more snaps from the slot which I personally consider #3 WR but either way they are classified I think both guys are a big part of the future here in Cincy. Hate that Sanu is hurt because his play has been a big reason we are back in the hunt for a playoff spot. Enough talent in Jones/Hawkins/Whalen though that we should be able to keep the ball rolling. Running game and Offensive Line have played a lot better recently as well so everyone up in arms about losing Sanu need to take a deep breath and watch as Marvin Jones steps it up big time, starting this week.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:44 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22042

I like Jones as a big play guy, like Henry was for the Bengals, but not as an every down #2.

Hope he can step it up and make some plays, but not expecting to see so much that he takes the #2 role. Just not built for where I see the offense going.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:20 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12004

I think Jones can and will step up!!! Although I wish we still had Sanu in there, I'm feeling pretty good about this game.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Old 11-30-2012, 09:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6456

The morale broke not just when Sanu went out but when the word went out that the "next in line" is the horrific Brandon Tate. It shows the coaches have zero understanding of what Sanu brought to the table-a big, but reliable hands receiver unafraid to work the middle.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3109

Common Jones make me look good, I've been supporting you on this board!!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1955

Yes the loss of Sanu will hurt, but the increase playing time that Jones will see will also benefit the offense greatly. With two deep threats on the outside with Jones and Green, it will really open up the middle of the field for Gresham and Hawkins.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1955

Marvin Jones was ahead if Sanu on the depth chart before He was injured. Jones is back at full strength as is Hawkins.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22919
bengals Re: Time to Step up Marvin Jones.

Quote:

LMAO.....so who was it that decided Hawkins is on the bubble? This is pretty funny. He hurt his knee and is no where close to the bubble. He has already proven his worth as yet another weapon for this offense.

We still have Binns, Tate, and Whalen as well.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6456

I'd be less dubious about our prospects had Marvin and Jay not anointed Tate the starter. He is a metrosexual wimp and the worst WR I have seen in a while.

Really we should adjust by going 2 TE more and slot Charles in the Sanu role - he is the closest we have to Sanu.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
LMAO.....so who was it that decided Hawkins is on the bubble? This is pretty funny. He hurt his knee and is no where close to the bubble. He has already proven his worth as yet another weapon for this offense.

We still have Binns, Tate, and Whalen as well.
I meant as a start receiver this was a bad analogy. I just meant if Jones and Sanu continue to improve Hawkins will drop to a 4th rotation type player.

Don't get me wrong I really like what Hawins brings to the table and I am glad he is healthy now and will be able ton contribute with Sanu down and out.

Darrell Stuckey is out and with Weddle going to be on Green I think our WRs will have many opportunities to show up.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 84

I honestly think marvin jones is going to outshine sanu. I love what sanu brings but believe he will be more of a slot. Marvins going to give us a deep ball highlight this week. Mark my words, marvin will be the talk after this game, I love our recieving core.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22919
bengals Re: Time to Step up Marvin Jones.

Quote:
I meant as a start receiver this was a bad analogy. I just meant if Jones and Sanu continue to improve Hawkins will drop to a 4th rotation type player.

Don't get me wrong I really like what Hawins brings to the table and I am glad he is healthy now and will be able ton contribute with Sanu down and out.

Darrell Stuckey is out and with Weddle going to be on Green I think our WRs will have many opportunities to show up.
Okay see where you were going with it.