Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3294
Default Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger ruled out for Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger tried to practice this week. It didn't help the quarterback's chances of playing Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Roethlisberger will not play against the Baltimore Ravens, according to a Steelers source. Breer reported Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. While Breer's source said Roethlisberger looked "better" in practice, he isn't where he needs to be yet.
Roethlisberger sounded resigned to watching Charlie Batch play in comments to the media Thursday.
"I firmly believe that (Batch will play well)," Roethlisberger told reporters. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."
Batch struggled badly with his decision-making in last week's loss to the Cleveland Browns. His arm just didn't look strong enough to compete at the NFL level. Batch has been a great asset over the years, but the Steelers surely hope it's the last start of his 15-year NFL career.
At 6-5, the Steelers can't afford many more losses. It's hard to imagine them beating a quality opponent again until Roethlisberger truly is healthy.
UPDATE: The Steelers confirmed to NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Roethlisberger officially is out for Sunday's game. Batch will start. Backup quarterback Byron Leftwich also is out.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...burgh-steelers

In no way will you guy's win without Ben and it will just spiral from here out. I seriously doubt he will benefit your team for a while and to late to save you're season.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post

Ben Roethlisberger tried to practice this week. It didn't help the quarterback's chances of playing Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Roethlisberger will not play against the Baltimore Ravens, according to a Steelers source. Breer reported Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. While Breer's source said Roethlisberger looked "better" in practice, he isn't where he needs to be yet.
Roethlisberger sounded resigned to watching Charlie Batch play in comments to the media Thursday.
"I firmly believe that (Batch will play well)," Roethlisberger told reporters. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."
Batch struggled badly with his decision-making in last week's loss to the Cleveland Browns. His arm just didn't look strong enough to compete at the NFL level. Batch has been a great asset over the years, but the Steelers surely hope it's the last start of his 15-year NFL career.
At 6-5, the Steelers can't afford many more losses. It's hard to imagine them beating a quality opponent again until Roethlisberger truly is healthy.
UPDATE: The Steelers confirmed to NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Roethlisberger officially is out for Sunday's game. Batch will start. Backup quarterback Byron Leftwich also is out.

In no way will you guy's win without Ben and it will just spiral from here out. I seriously doubt he will benefit your team for a while and to late to save you're season.
I think the bigger concern is the separated ribs... He's gonna need those to heal up before he can take too many hits from NFL players. If not he's just gonna re injure them in his first game back and be out for the rest of the season.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I think the bigger concern is the separated ribs... He's gonna need those to heal up before he can take too many hits from NFL players. If not he's just gonna re injure them in his first game back and be out for the rest of the season.

Yeah i don't think it would even be worth it to risk it. I mean I hate the steelers but the right kind of hit befor it's healed right could be life threatening.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5080

The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 48571

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.

thanks, we appreciate the support.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13975

Quote:

Well at least the Bengals have a chance now.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Well at least the Bengals have a chance now.
You kidding me we are one of the hottest teams going into the end of the season.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4268

Quote:
You kidding me we are one of the hottest teams going into the end of the season.
Yes, very hot...because once you get there you'll crash and burn.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13975

Quote:
I never claimed you weren't. You most certainly are now that there are major injuries playing into it. Congrats.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
The Steelers still have a better chance of making the playoffs because its impossible for the bengals to....they needed to sweep the browns.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 110269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Yes, very hot...because once you get there you'll crash and burn.
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Oh snap!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
The Steelers still have a better chance of making the playoffs because its impossible for the bengals to....they needed to sweep the browns.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3470

Quote:
Disagreed.

All it takes is Ben back next week and/or a win and a sweep of the bengals. Not really unfathomable. Rest of our sched is creampuff, if Ben plays.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Because since the 1990 playoff season, the bengals had not made a playoff appearance without sweeping the browns that respective year.

They swept the browns in 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011. I thought everyone knew that.

The bengals blew their playoff chances back in week 6.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 110269

Quote:
Because since the 1990 playoff season, the bengals had not made a playoff appearance without sweeping the browns that respective year.

They swept the browns in 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011. I thought everyone knew that.

And the Steelers blew their chance last week, since they've never made the playoffs in the same season that they've lost to Cleveland since the Browns returned to the league in 1999. So, that begs the question, which team is going to leapfrog both the Bengals & Steelers and, presumably, join the Colts as wild card entries? Or will the Bengals or Steelers (or both) finally put an ugly streak to rest.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

do you think that really think that **** matter's. wake and take a look are D is rocking and are O is rolling to the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
do you think that really think that **** matter's. wake and take a look are D is rocking and are O is rolling to the playoffs.
Absolutely it matters! Are you nuts? The bengals didn't sweep the browns...it's without question that they aren't going to the playoffs!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
And the Steelers blew their chance last week, since they've never made the playoffs in the same season that they've lost to Cleveland since the Browns returned to the league in 1999. So, that begs the question, which team is going to leapfrog both the Bengals & Steelers and, presumably, join the Colts as wild card entries? Or will the Bengals or Steelers (or both) finally put an ugly streak to rest.
LOL
Cleveland managed to find a way to eff both our teams as much as the Steelers and bengals have owned them.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Absolutely it matters! Are you nuts? The bengals didn't sweep the browns...it's without question that they aren't going to the playoffs!

Without a question ? yeah right man think what you want but i know were getting there these guy's on are team are straight up football guy's don't give two ****'s about all that, all the they know is to go out and get a win. you would love to have guy's like are's know so keep living in the past.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
LOL
Cleveland managed to find a way to eff both our teams as much as the Steelers and bengals have owned them.
You brought up history.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Without a question ? yeah right man think what you want but i know were getting there these guy's on are team are straight up football guy's don't give two ****'s about all that, all the they know is to go out and get a win. you would love to have guy's like are's know so keep living in the past.
How come they didn't know how to get a win vs the browns back in week 6? If they had won, they would be playoff bound right now.
Why can't you get that?
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
How come they didn't know how to get a win vs the browns back in week 6? If they had won, they would be playoff bound right now.
Why can't you get that?
Remind me how did the season go for the Super bowl champs last year. We are puting up some nice score's as of the late.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Remind me how did the season go for the Super bowl champs last year. We are puting up some nice score's as of the late.
Having second thoughts?

It's clear you want to be reminded of the Giants playoff run last year because you are starting to lose confidence in the bengals making the playoffs.

Shoulda beat them clowns.