Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger ruled out for Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger tried to practice this week. It didn't help the quarterback's chances of playing Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Roethlisberger will not play against the Baltimore Ravens, according to a Steelers source. Breer reported Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. While Breer's source said Roethlisberger looked "better" in practice, he isn't where he needs to be yet.
Roethlisberger sounded resigned to watching Charlie Batch play in comments to the media Thursday.
"I firmly believe that (Batch will play well)," Roethlisberger told reporters. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."
Batch struggled badly with his decision-making in last week's loss to the Cleveland Browns. His arm just didn't look strong enough to compete at the NFL level. Batch has been a great asset over the years, but the Steelers surely hope it's the last start of his 15-year NFL career.
At 6-5, the Steelers can't afford many more losses. It's hard to imagine them beating a quality opponent again until Roethlisberger truly is healthy.
UPDATE: The Steelers confirmed to NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Roethlisberger officially is out for Sunday's game. Batch will start. Backup quarterback Byron Leftwich also is out.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...burgh-steelers

In no way will you guy's win without Ben and it will just spiral from here out. I seriously doubt he will benefit your team for a while and to late to save you're season.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:05 PM
theCincinnatiKid23's Avatar
theCincinnatiKid23 theCincinnatiKid23 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 591
Rep Points: 390
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Ben Roethlisberger ruled out for Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger tried to practice this week. It didn't help the quarterback's chances of playing Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Roethlisberger will not play against the Baltimore Ravens, according to a Steelers source. Breer reported Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. While Breer's source said Roethlisberger looked "better" in practice, he isn't where he needs to be yet.
Roethlisberger sounded resigned to watching Charlie Batch play in comments to the media Thursday.
"I firmly believe that (Batch will play well)," Roethlisberger told reporters. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."
Batch struggled badly with his decision-making in last week's loss to the Cleveland Browns. His arm just didn't look strong enough to compete at the NFL level. Batch has been a great asset over the years, but the Steelers surely hope it's the last start of his 15-year NFL career.
At 6-5, the Steelers can't afford many more losses. It's hard to imagine them beating a quality opponent again until Roethlisberger truly is healthy.
UPDATE: The Steelers confirmed to NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Roethlisberger officially is out for Sunday's game. Batch will start. Backup quarterback Byron Leftwich also is out.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...burgh-steelers

In no way will you guy's win without Ben and it will just spiral from here out. I seriously doubt he will benefit your team for a while and to late to save you're season.
I think the bigger concern is the separated ribs... He's gonna need those to heal up before he can take too many hits from NFL players. If not he's just gonna re injure them in his first game back and be out for the rest of the season.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:07 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I think the bigger concern is the separated ribs... He's gonna need those to heal up before he can take too many hits from NFL players. If not he's just gonna re injure them in his first game back and be out for the rest of the season.

Yeah i don't think it would even be worth it to risk it. I mean I hate the steelers but the right kind of hit befor it's healed right could be life threatening.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
ballsofsteel's Avatar
ballsofsteel ballsofsteel is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 3,547
Rep Points: 5080
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
SunsetBengal's Avatar
SunsetBengal SunsetBengal is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunset Beach, NC
Posts: 15,996
Rep Points: 48571
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.

thanks, we appreciate the support.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,807
Rep Points: 13975
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Ben Roethlisberger ruled out for Pittsburgh Steelers

Ben Roethlisberger tried to practice this week. It didn't help the quarterback's chances of playing Sunday for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Roethlisberger will not play against the Baltimore Ravens, according to a Steelers source. Breer reported Roethlisberger is regaining strength in his right shoulder, where he sustained an SC sprain just under three weeks ago. While Breer's source said Roethlisberger looked "better" in practice, he isn't where he needs to be yet.
Roethlisberger sounded resigned to watching Charlie Batch play in comments to the media Thursday.
"I firmly believe that (Batch will play well)," Roethlisberger told reporters. "They know what he's capable of. He's been doing it a long time. They respect him. I think he's ready to rise to the occasion."
Batch struggled badly with his decision-making in last week's loss to the Cleveland Browns. His arm just didn't look strong enough to compete at the NFL level. Batch has been a great asset over the years, but the Steelers surely hope it's the last start of his 15-year NFL career.
At 6-5, the Steelers can't afford many more losses. It's hard to imagine them beating a quality opponent again until Roethlisberger truly is healthy.
UPDATE: The Steelers confirmed to NFL.com's Aditi Kinkhabwala that Roethlisberger officially is out for Sunday's game. Batch will start. Backup quarterback Byron Leftwich also is out.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...burgh-steelers

In no way will you guy's win without Ben and it will just spiral from here out. I seriously doubt he will benefit your team for a while and to late to save you're season.
Well at least the Bengals have a chance now.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Well at least the Bengals have a chance now.
You kidding me we are one of the hottest teams going into the end of the season.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
You kidding me we are one of the hottest teams going into the end of the season.
Yes, very hot...because once you get there you'll crash and burn.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
duke0476's Avatar
duke0476 duke0476 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 6,807
Rep Points: 13975
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
You kidding me we are one of the hottest teams going into the end of the season.
I never claimed you weren't. You most certainly are now that there are major injuries playing into it. Congrats.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.
The Steelers still have a better chance of making the playoffs because its impossible for the bengals to....they needed to sweep the browns.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM
34inXXIII's Avatar
34inXXIII 34inXXIII is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,176
Rep Points: 110269
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Yes, very hot...because once you get there you'll crash and burn.
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Oh snap!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:57 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
The Steelers still have a better chance of making the playoffs because its impossible for the bengals to....they needed to sweep the browns.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:08 PM
Asmith(DE)'s Avatar
Asmith(DE) Asmith(DE) is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,007
Rep Points: 3470
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.
Disagreed.

All it takes is Ben back next week and/or a win and a sweep of the bengals. Not really unfathomable. Rest of our sched is creampuff, if Ben plays.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe from Florence View Post
Chad is as good of a wr as Carson is at qb. I could care less if both find a new team.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Because since the 1990 playoff season, the bengals had not made a playoff appearance without sweeping the browns that respective year.

They swept the browns in 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011. I thought everyone knew that.


The bengals blew their playoff chances back in week 6.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 PM
34inXXIII's Avatar
34inXXIII 34inXXIII is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 13,176
Rep Points: 110269
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Because since the 1990 playoff season, the bengals had not made a playoff appearance without sweeping the browns that respective year.

They swept the browns in 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011. I thought everyone knew that.


The bengals blew their playoff chances back in week 6.
And the Steelers blew their chance last week, since they've never made the playoffs in the same season that they've lost to Cleveland since the Browns returned to the league in 1999. So, that begs the question, which team is going to leapfrog both the Bengals & Steelers and, presumably, join the Colts as wild card entries? Or will the Bengals or Steelers (or both) finally put an ugly streak to rest.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Because since the 1990 playoff season, the bengals had not made a playoff appearance without sweeping the browns that respective year.

They swept the browns in 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011. I thought everyone knew that.


The bengals blew their playoff chances back in week 6.
do you think that really think that **** matter's. wake and take a look are D is rocking and are O is rolling to the playoffs.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
do you think that really think that **** matter's. wake and take a look are D is rocking and are O is rolling to the playoffs.
Absolutely it matters! Are you nuts? The bengals didn't sweep the browns...it's without question that they aren't going to the playoffs!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:41 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
And the Steelers blew their chance last week, since they've never made the playoffs in the same season that they've lost to Cleveland since the Browns returned to the league in 1999. So, that begs the question, which team is going to leapfrog both the Bengals & Steelers and, presumably, join the Colts as wild card entries? Or will the Bengals or Steelers (or both) finally put an ugly streak to rest.
LOL
Cleveland managed to find a way to eff both our teams as much as the Steelers and bengals have owned them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Absolutely it matters! Are you nuts? The bengals didn't sweep the browns...it's without question that they aren't going to the playoffs!

Without a question ? yeah right man think what you want but i know were getting there these guy's on are team are straight up football guy's don't give two ****'s about all that, all the they know is to go out and get a win. you would love to have guy's like are's know so keep living in the past.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
LOL
Cleveland managed to find a way to eff both our teams as much as the Steelers and bengals have owned them.
You brought up history.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:56 PM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Without a question ? yeah right man think what you want but i know were getting there these guy's on are team are straight up football guy's don't give two ****'s about all that, all the they know is to go out and get a win. you would love to have guy's like are's know so keep living in the past.
How come they didn't know how to get a win vs the browns back in week 6? If they had won, they would be playoff bound right now.
Why can't you get that?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Dmac18's Avatar
Dmac18 Dmac18 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,302
Rep Points: 3294
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
How come they didn't know how to get a win vs the browns back in week 6? If they had won, they would be playoff bound right now.
Why can't you get that?
Remind me how did the season go for the Super bowl champs last year. We are puting up some nice score's as of the late.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Woodley Woodley is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,350
Rep Points: 4268
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Remind me how did the season go for the Super bowl champs last year. We are puting up some nice score's as of the late.
Having second thoughts?

It's clear you want to be reminded of the Giants playoff run last year because you are starting to lose confidence in the bengals making the playoffs.

Shoulda beat them clowns.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.