Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:28 PM
wolfkaosaun's Avatar
wolfkaosaun wolfkaosaun is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 6,714
Rep Points: 10488
Default Interesting Fact About Gresham

While a lot of people have noticed Gresham has done ddecently well during these last few games, I just realized a pretty crazy stat.

Gresham out of his 558 yards, 321 of those yards are YAC. Which is 11th in the NFL. That is a crazy thing to think about, especially for a TE.

Now, I may be the only one that thinks this way, but I view Gresham as a higher priority than MJ. Why? Because while I believe MJ is good, I believe that Gresham has the ability to be one of the best at his position. And to me, Gresham's ability to get yards after the catch is something that is very valuable to this offense.

However, I just wanted to show an interesting fact about him.
__________________

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:34 PM
Derrick Derrick is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,521
Rep Points: 1870
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
While a lot of people have noticed Gresham has done ddecently well during these last few games, I just realized a pretty crazy stat.

Gresham out of his 558 yards, 321 of those yards are YAC. Which is 11th in the NFL. That is a crazy thing to think about, especially for a TE.

Now, I may be the only one that thinks this way, but I view Gresham as a higher priority than MJ. Why? Because while I believe MJ is good, I believe that Gresham has the ability to be one of the best at his position. And to me, Gresham's ability to get yards after the catch is something that is very valuable to this offense.

However, I just wanted to show an interesting fact about him.
I'll admit that I was beginning to doubt Gresham was going to amount to anything in spite of his somewhat high draft status. These past few games have renewed my faith that he is fine and actually becoming an asset on O. If his blocking continues to improve he will be a top tier player soon.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:37 PM
SaintPatrickJR SaintPatrickJR is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Washington University, WA
Posts: 179
Rep Points: 143
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Gresham has been a solid to good player since we drafted him. Remember he is only in his third season. He will be getting even better.
__________________
"There are no good, or bad people. But rather just people. All of whom are worthy of your consideration."
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:39 PM
The Great Sanu's Avatar
The Great Sanu The Great Sanu is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 525
Rep Points: 1093
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

I disagree. Mj is a higher priority. Although thats only because gresh has more years on his contract.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
I'll admit that I was beginning to doubt Gresham was going to amount to anything in spite of his somewhat high draft status. These past few games have renewed my faith that he is fine and actually becoming an asset on O. If his blocking continues to improve he will be a top tier player soon.
I don't understand this. When did you doubt him? They guy has been an immediate impact player from day one.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2012, 06:56 PM
IllWill IllWill is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bengaldom
Posts: 383
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berby6056 View Post
I disagree. Mj is a higher priority. Although thats only because gresh has more years on his contract.
Agreed. Gresh is up and down and his mistakes lead to more opportunities for Charles. But when he's up, he's up. I say let him play out his contract then assess the situation. MJ and keeping the lines in tact should definitely be top priority.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is online now
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 47,420
Rep Points: 51790
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Interesting facts about Gresham


He was born in space.
He never blinks.
He roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.
His sweat can be used to clean precious metals.
His skin has the texture of dolphins.
If you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear his thoughts.
He does not see like humans do, instead he sees numbers in green scrolling down.
He once punched a horse to the ground.
He lives in a tree.
His favourite philosopher is Immanuel Kant.
His earwax tastes like Turkish Delight.
He is confused by stairs.
He naturally faces magnetic north.
He is illegal in 17 U.S. states.
His heart ticks like a watch.
All his legs are hydraulic.
He can "accumbularate".
There's an airport in Russia named after him.
His breath smells of magnesium.
He can catch fish with his tongue.
His tears are adhesive.
If set alight, he'd burn for a thousand days.
He is terrified of ducks.
He has two sets of knees.
He has webbed buttocks.
He is more machine than man.
His teeth glow in the dark.
His favourite food is raw meat.
He has acid for blood.
He has a tattoo of Buzz Aldrin on his thigh.
He has named every single blade of grass at PBS.
His genitals are on upside down.
If he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci code in 43 seconds.
His ears have a paisley lining.
He is banned from the Chelsea Flower Show.
The outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring.
On really warm days, he sheds his skin like a snake.
For some reason, he's allergic to the Dutch.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:15 PM
corpjet's Avatar
corpjet corpjet is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 756
Rep Points: 610
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

I love Gresham and think he is starting to come into the player we thought he would be when we drafted him with our 1st Rd Pick.

As I have said before he takes too many plays off which I think he has done a better job as of late not doing. He can be a big time player for us much like Gronk is in New England.

We need to resign him for sure as he is a great 1-2 punch with Orson Charles.

Blame our drafts all you want but we have been pretty solid the last 4 years..

Atkins
MJ
Dalton
Green
Sanu
Zeitler
Gresham
Dunlap
Dre (CB and T)
__________________
WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, YOUR GOING DOWN!

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Bull Durham Bull Durham is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 775
Rep Points: 595
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllWill View Post
Agreed. Gresh is up and down and his mistakes lead to more opportunities for Charles. But when he's up, he's up. I say let him play out his contract then assess the situation. MJ and keeping the lines in tact should definitely be top priority.
He has NOT been up and down. He's only been up. There has been no down... Except in the thick skulls of some brain dead ignorant fans.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Aquapod770's Avatar
Aquapod770 Aquapod770 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,047
Rep Points: 3328
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He has NOT been up and down. He's only been up. There has been no down... Except in the thick skulls of some brain dead ignorant fans.
Maybe compared to Dan Coates...but to say there have been no "downs" is just plain wrong.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-30-2012, 07:48 PM
tcholas's Avatar
tcholas tcholas is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 284
Rep Points: 273
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

I know he has good hands, but I think he is a little bit slow.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Housh's Avatar
Housh Housh is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Fort Lewis, WA/Trotwood, Ohio
Posts: 3,359
Rep Points: 3291
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Every offense that kills in the NFL has a GREAT TE. Go ahead look it(Someonein 2 seconds names me a great offense with an average TE.lol)

But seriously every offense that is good has their TE involved. And its not easy to find amazing TEs. Its easy to find good TEs tho.....But when are we going to find another Gresham?

Honestly I think we could find another MJ next draft if we wanted to....Put ANYBODY on a d line with Dunlap and Geno and that guy AT THE LEAST better rack up 6-8 sacks
__________________
LOVE YOU BETHANY AND BENGALS!!! LET HAVE A GOOD 2013 TOGETHER!!!


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:23 PM
jfkbengals's Avatar
jfkbengals jfkbengals is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 2,881
Rep Points: 3594
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He has NOT been up and down. He's only been up. There has been no down... Except in the thick skulls of some brain dead ignorant fans.
Outside of the drops, false starts, holding penalties, and fumbles, he's only been up!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM
IllWill IllWill is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bengaldom
Posts: 383
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He has NOT been up and down. He's only been up. There has been no down... Except in the thick skulls of some brain dead ignorant fans.
Don't pretend Gresham never dropped a pass and got benched for a rookie, or committed a penalty that wiped out a big play. He's made some huge plays but he's also made some mistakes. But I guess Gresham can do no wrong inside the thick skulls of some brain-dead ignorant fans.

I didn't think that such a benign observation from a fan perspective, about an athlete's performance would be taken as a personal attack against another fan. Silly me. I should know better than to tell the truth.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-30-2012, 08:53 PM
JungleRock85's Avatar
JungleRock85 JungleRock85 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Portsmouth, Ohio
Posts: 1,898
Rep Points: 2504
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

I don't think we should worry about higher priority as far as MJ, Smith, or Gresham because all three players should be extended and brought back. We have the money and it would be a tragedy to let any of these young players leave. When you draft well you have to extend the guys that perform in order to take the next step from playoff contender to Super Bowl contender. Add pieces to your talented team through the draft and don't be replacing the talent that you let leave. Really love the way Gresham is playing lately and hope he continues to play with passion and fire each week.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 PM
PApinhead's Avatar
PApinhead PApinhead is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grampian, PA
Posts: 4,806
Rep Points: 12521
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkbengals View Post
Outside of the drops, false starts, holding penalties, and fumbles, he's only been up!
^This!!!!

When his head is in the game and he is on, he is great, but if it is not in the game, he doesn't help much, if not hurt us.
__________________


Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Night's Watch's Avatar
Night's Watch Night's Watch is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,397
Rep Points: 2615
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkbengals View Post
Outside of the drops, false starts, holding penalties, and fumbles, he's only been up!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
^This!!!!

When his head is in the game and he is on, he is great, but if it is not in the game, he doesn't help much, if not hurt us.
Interesting, so we are using Perfection as the bar to evaluate players, they must be perfect in all categories. I am certainly glad that Green, Dalton, Whitworth, and all other bengals have never committed penalties, throw interceptions, dropped passes, fumbled, etc.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:29 PM
PApinhead's Avatar
PApinhead PApinhead is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grampian, PA
Posts: 4,806
Rep Points: 12521
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
Interesting, so we are using Perfection as the bar to evaluate players, they must be perfect in all categories. I am certainly glad that Green, Dalton, Whitworth, and all other bengals have never committed penalties, throw interceptions, dropped passes, fumbled, etc.
Who said anything about perfect? It just seems like Gresham was pretty consistently making these mistakes for a two or three game stretch. He seems to be better lately.

And for the record, I think anyone that draws a stupid penalty in a game should be fined by the owner. An example of a non-stupid penalty would be a receiver interfering with a DB to keep him from intercepting a pass.
__________________


Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Night's Watch's Avatar
Night's Watch Night's Watch is online now
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,397
Rep Points: 2615
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by PApinhead View Post
Who said anything about perfect? It just seems like Gresham was pretty consistently making these mistakes for a two or three game stretch. He seems to be better lately.

And for the record, I think anyone that draws a stupid penalty in a game should be fined by the owner. An example of a non-stupid penalty would be a receiver interfering with a DB to keep him from intercepting a pass.
I agree, I was just saying, sometimes people get to worked up on mistakes, they happen. I can even live with only one or two a game (out of what 60 plays). The one I like the best is people implying that Whitworth is playing badly this year. He is a LT usually going up against the other teams best Dlineman, and they complain about a penalty or the one time he gets beat all game, ignoring the other 59 times he doesn't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-30-2012, 09:42 PM
PApinhead's Avatar
PApinhead PApinhead is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grampian, PA
Posts: 4,806
Rep Points: 12521
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night's Watch View Post
I agree, I was just saying, sometimes people get to worked up on mistakes, they happen. I can even live with only one or two a game (out of what 60 plays). The one I like the best is people implying that Whitworth is playing badly this year. He is a LT usually going up against the other teams best Dlineman, and they complain about a penalty or the one time he gets beat all game, ignoring the other 59 times he doesn't.
I hear ya!!! Everyone has an off game every now and then.
__________________


Sig compliments of CINwillWIN
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
tlotharw's Avatar
tlotharw tlotharw is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 3,310
Rep Points: 5444
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
While a lot of people have noticed Gresham has done ddecently well during these last few games, I just realized a pretty crazy stat.

Gresham out of his 558 yards, 321 of those yards are YAC. Which is 11th in the NFL. That is a crazy thing to think about, especially for a TE.

Now, I may be the only one that thinks this way, but I view Gresham as a higher priority than MJ. Why? Because while I believe MJ is good, I believe that Gresham has the ability to be one of the best at his position. And to me, Gresham's ability to get yards after the catch is something that is very valuable to this offense.

However, I just wanted to show an interesting fact about him.
Wasn't 50 of the YAC's on one play? Still, good stuff. He needs to tuck the ball away better.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 AM
Ian Demagii Ian Demagii is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,344
Rep Points: 2646
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

To make a Championship run, we need to retain all of our players. The only worthwhile goal is:

World Freaking Champion


Ian
__________________
Sorry to burst your bubble, but its a passing league...
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 12-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,242
Rep Points: 7789
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Every offense that kills in the NFL has a GREAT TE. Go ahead look it(Someonein 2 seconds names me a great offense with an average TE.lol)

But seriously every offense that is good has their TE involved. And its not easy to find amazing TEs. Its easy to find good TEs tho.....But when are we going to find another Gresham?

Honestly I think we could find another MJ next draft if we wanted to....Put ANYBODY on a d line with Dunlap and Geno and that guy AT THE LEAST better rack up 6-8 sacks
Top 10 offenses in terms of yards.

1) New England Rob Gronkowski-Great
2) New Orleans Jimmy Graham-Great
3) Detroit Brandon Pettigrew-Average
4) Atlanta Tony Gonzalez-Hall of Famer
5) Houston Owen Daniels-Good not great
6) Denver Jacob Tamme-Average
7) Indianapolis Dwayne Allen-Rookie
8) Washington Fred Davis-Good not great
9) Dallas Jason Witten-Borderline great(only borerline due to this season he's averaging 8.7 ypc)
10) NY Giants Martellus Bennett-Average
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-01-2012, 05:16 AM
Jay62107's Avatar
Jay62107 Jay62107 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 598
Rep Points: 484
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Every offense that kills in the NFL has a GREAT TE. Go ahead look it(Someonein 2 seconds names me a great offense with an average TE.lol)

But seriously every offense that is good has their TE involved. And its not easy to find amazing TEs. Its easy to find good TEs tho.....But when are we going to find another Gresham?

Honestly I think we could find another MJ next draft if we wanted to....Put ANYBODY on a d line with Dunlap and Geno and that guy AT THE LEAST better rack up 6-8 sacks
Baltimore and Chicago are 2
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-01-2012, 05:20 AM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 21,856
Rep Points: 23605
bengals Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
While a lot of people have noticed Gresham has done ddecently well during these last few games, I just realized a pretty crazy stat.

Gresham out of his 558 yards, 321 of those yards are YAC. Which is 11th in the NFL. That is a crazy thing to think about, especially for a TE.

Now, I may be the only one that thinks this way, but I view Gresham as a higher priority than MJ. Why? Because while I believe MJ is good, I believe that Gresham has the ability to be one of the best at his position. And to me, Gresham's ability to get yards after the catch is something that is very valuable to this offense.

However, I just wanted to show an interesting fact about him.
Why would this make Gresham a higher priority than MJ? Gresham is not a FA at the end of the season and MJ is.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.