Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1688
Default Re: Should we bring TO in for a tryout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nately120 View Post
If TO disturbs your chemistry, then your chemistry wasn't that solid to begin with. We all blather on about how awesomely mature Dalton is, but if we bring TO here, it's going to wreck everything!

Ehh, I'm not convinced. TO is over the hill and his career is over, but his antics (and his non-antics in Buffalo and here) aren't the issue.
Ok you don't like dalton we get it and you wish Palmer was here. But TO is done not any good we've done fine with out him regardless of what he brings to the table. The guy is a cancer and has had this label all this time for a reason ppl aren't coming up with reasons for no out of their ***.

Last edited by CINCYPRODUCT; 11-30-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 110269

If management and the coaching staff thought Owens' presence could do more good than not, they could very easily resigned him after his last contract expired....or early last season....or late last season....or any time during the last offseason....or early this season.

There's likely a very good reason he hasn't played since his one season in Cincinnati ended prematurely. He undoubtedly has a troublesome reputation around the league, but the Bengals don't need to rely quite so much on word of mouth to know what they would be dealing with. They have first-hand experience yet, despite his time in Cincy being less tumultuous than anywhere else he's played, they've shown little or no interest in bringing him back in over the last 22 months. Yes, he put up some pretty good numbers in 2010, but he's gotten almost two years older since then with no legitimate playing experience in that time. By comparison, another freakishly talented (and younger) wide receiver who went unsigned for just one full season has returned to post very meager numbers (Randy Moss - 16 catches in 11 games).

It's just not worth it, IMHO. Take your chances with a hopefully healthy Hawkins & Jones - who was supposed to step into the #2 role when he was sidelined - and hope that maybe Binns gets a wakeup call with a renewed opportunity to contribute to a winner.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:00 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 42869

I think the most important thing that folks are overlooking is that I have a T.O. jersey. I'd like to be able to wear it again. Sign him!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8821

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Ok you don't like dalton we get it and you wish Palmer was here. But TO is done not any good we've done fine with out him regardless of what he brings to the table. The guy is a cancer and has had this label all this time for a reason ppl aren't coming up with reasons for no out of their ***.
Actually, my post is complimentary to Dalton because I think Dalton has enough poise and leadership to NOT have TO ruin this team. People who seem to think that TO is going to walk in here and destroy this team aren't giving Dalton much credit.

So in summation, you are completely 100% wrong on my assessment of Dalton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I think the most important thing that folks are overlooking is that I have a T.O. jersey. I'd like to be able to wear it again. Sign him!
I wear mine, partly because I'm nuts, and partly because HOFers on Bengals jerseys are rare as hen teeth.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2738

no NO and *uck NO!

Ian
Old 12-01-2012, 03:40 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25013

I made a grilled cheese sandwich a few hours ago. Best damned grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing a sandwich like it in for a tryout. What's the worst that can happen? If he blows,....just cut him.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:01 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 851

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
. Maybe this could be a signing to put us over the top with chasing the lombardi trophy.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2857

If i could scream louder i would

helllllllll noooooooooooooooooo