Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24334
bengals Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Every offense that kills in the NFL has a GREAT TE. Go ahead look it(Someonein 2 seconds names me a great offense with an average TE.lol)

But seriously every offense that is good has their TE involved. And its not easy to find amazing TEs. Its easy to find good TEs tho.....But when are we going to find another Gresham?

Honestly I think we could find another MJ next draft if we wanted to....Put ANYBODY on a d line with Dunlap and Geno and that guy AT THE LEAST better rack up 6-8 sacks
I think Carlos could be a great player. Consistently being on the field would go a long way toward this. However, the posts about him making MJ are getting ridiculous. Downgrading the impact MJ has on this dline for a seldom seen player is just crazy talk.

MJ plays more snaps than any other dlineman and produces on a very consistent basis. He works very hard to improve his game. The putting on more bulk is a testament to his passion for the game. He continues to improve himself as a player and we are seeing the results of his hard work. The results are not because of Carlos and the notion is insanity.

If anything we could add another Carlos in this draft.

Oh as well MJ takes this high number of snaps and remains healthy doing it. I think MJ is just now tapping how could he can be.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:38 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10396
Default Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
Interesting facts about Gresham

He was born in space.
He never blinks.
He roams around the woods at night foraging for wolves.
His sweat can be used to clean precious metals.
His skin has the texture of dolphins.
If you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear his thoughts.
He does not see like humans do, instead he sees numbers in green scrolling down.
He once punched a horse to the ground.
He lives in a tree.
His favourite philosopher is Immanuel Kant.
His earwax tastes like Turkish Delight.
He is confused by stairs.
He naturally faces magnetic north.
He is illegal in 17 U.S. states.
His heart ticks like a watch.
All his legs are hydraulic.
He can "accumbularate".
There's an airport in Russia named after him.
His breath smells of magnesium.
He can catch fish with his tongue.
His tears are adhesive.
If set alight, he'd burn for a thousand days.
He is terrified of ducks.
He has two sets of knees.
He has webbed buttocks.
He is more machine than man.
His teeth glow in the dark.
His favourite food is raw meat.
He has acid for blood.
He has a tattoo of Buzz Aldrin on his thigh.
He has named every single blade of grass at PBS.
His genitals are on upside down.
If he could be bothered, he could crack the Da Vinci code in 43 seconds.
His ears have a paisley lining.
He is banned from the Chelsea Flower Show.
The outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring.
On really warm days, he sheds his skin like a snake.
For some reason, he's allergic to the Dutch.
He's the most interesting man in the world...

and apparently the man of your dreams Fred.

Old 12-01-2012, 07:39 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23180

I love all the YAC he gets, now the Bengals just need to work on getting him the ball more.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47105

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
I love all the YAC he gets, now the Bengals just need to work on getting him the ball more.

Getting him involved early in the game is key to Gresham having a good game. Seems like when they throw to him early, he makes fewer mistakes (penalties, dropped balls), heck, he even seems to block better when they get him the ball early in the game.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 10396

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Getting him involved early in the game is key to Gresham having a good game. Seems like when they throw to him early, he makes fewer mistakes (penalties, dropped balls), heck, he even seems to block better when they get him the ball early in the game.
I agree 100 percent. Get the ball to Gresham in the first series and he will try harder and play better. His body language shows when they get him involved early. Early motivation is key to getting his head into the game.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4231

I like that Gresham is getting some YAC in his diet now.

He was always criticized for it on some of the fantasy football websites I visit.

A man that big should be breaking tackles.

I think this Gresham is the one I like.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19898

Quote:
Right on Sunset !

They've got to do something, anything to get him into the game in the first series.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3817

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsRocker View Post
I agree 100 percent. Get the ball to Gresham in the first series and he will try harder and play better. His body language shows when they get him involved early. Early motivation is key to getting his head into the game.
Well that's a problem then. That's a diva mentality, to sulk because you're not getting the ball. Chad had that problem, where he got worse throughout the game if he weren't included early. We don't need guys like that. We need guys who keep focused and ready to contribute in any and every way possible.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13571

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfkaosaun View Post
While a lot of people have noticed Gresham has done ddecently well during these last few games, I just realized a pretty crazy stat.

Gresham out of his 558 yards, 321 of those yards are YAC. Which is 11th in the NFL. That is a crazy thing to think about, especially for a TE.

Now, I may be the only one that thinks this way, but I view Gresham as a higher priority than MJ. Why? Because while I believe MJ is good, I believe that Gresham has the ability to be one of the best at his position. And to me, Gresham's ability to get yards after the catch is something that is very valuable to this offense.

However, I just wanted to show an interesting fact about him.
I havent seen a game the last few weeks but I did notice something about gresh when I did get to see him play. He looked hesistant to take a hit. I remember one play he was going for a first down and he curled up in fetal position instead of taking a hit and getting the first.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:30 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He has NOT been up and down. He's only been up. There has been no down... Except in the thick skulls of some brain dead ignorant fans.
Honest question: Why do you continue to write these types of posts filled with arrogance and aggression? Not to mention, almost every post of yours that I've come across includes an insult.

You're either a troll, or a very angry human being.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1179

Just imagine if Gresham took some notes out of Green Ellis"s note book and kept driving those legs. Many of his tackles are made above the waist. we all know, you can't bring an elite player down by trying to tackle him above the waist. A.K.A the Gronk of New England. Try grabbing him above the belt and your going for an piggy back ride. Keep those legs chugging Gresh!!!

Last edited by RhodeIslandFan; 12-01-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24334
bengals Re: Interesting Fact About Gresham

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkbengals View Post
Well that's a problem then. That's a diva mentality, to sulk because you're not getting the ball. Chad had that problem, where he got worse throughout the game if he weren't included early. We don't need guys like that. We need guys who keep focused and ready to contribute in any and every way possible.
He is a young player and I believe you are reading way too much into their statements. I think he is a guy that wants to contribute and when you have him really involved he goes into the proverbial zone.

Nice try at downgrading a good young talent though.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:20 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

gresh is a top 10 TE right now i dont know what more you guys want from him? hes basically our #2 wr and has been for a while ive been saying this all year the guys going to end up with 800 yards and 6-8 tds thats not a bad year for a TE...and i know alot of you guys like to throw up his blocking which i admit is not his strength but when you list off guys like gronk and jimmy graham the first the that comes to your mind is not how they block lol its how dynamic and how they create mis matches down the field...the TE pos has changed i mean would you rather have a guy like reggie kelly who was an outstanding blocker but did little in the passing game? or a guy like gresh who is an average blocker but a match up nightmare for any DB?...i prefer the latter

who dey
Old 12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaljunky86 View Post
gresh is a top 10 TE right now i dont know what more you guys want from him? hes basically our #2 wr and has been for a while ive been saying this all year the guys going to end up with 800 yards and 6-8 tds thats not a bad year for a TE...and i know alot of you guys like to throw up his blocking which i admit is not his strengthbut when you list off guys like gronk and jimmy graham the first the that comes to your mind is not how they block lol its how dynamic and how they create mis matches down the field...the TE pos has changed i mean would you rather have a guy like reggie kelly who was an outstanding blocker but did little in the passing game? or a guy like gresh who is an average blocker but a match up nightmare for any DB?...i prefer the latter

who dey
I'd just like to see Gresham continue his improvement. Statistically he's a good TE. But fewer drops and penalties would make him look a lot better. He's a good young player that's gonna be dangerous in his prime. But I don't think I can wait that long.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Really he and most of the team have picked it up, he did fumble twice at KC and when facing a good rusher one on one almost has to hold. I looked at the TE drafted in the last ten years 1st round and the only other guy I would take is Davis and Miller. Of course I would have taken Gronk over Gresh but he had some health concerns coming out remember. Keep it up Gresh, hold onto the ball, catch the ball, and keep your hands inside the sholders when you block.

1. Vernon Davis, 49ers (No. 6, 2006)
2. Dallas Clark, Colts (No. 24, 2003)
3. Heath Miller, Steelers (No. 30, 2005)
4. Kellen Winslow, Browns (No. 6. 2004)
5. Brandon Pettigrew, Lions (No. 20, 2009)
6. Jeremy Shockey, Giants (No. 14, 2002)
7. Dustin Keller, Jets (No. 30, 2008)
8. Marcedes Lewis, Jaguars (No. 28, 2006)
9. Jermaine Gresham, Bengals (No. 21, 2010)
10. Daniel Graham, Patriots (No. 21, 2002)
11. Greg Olsen, Bears (No. 31, 2007)
12. Ben Watson, Patriots (No. 32, 2004)
13. Jerramy Stevens, (No. 28, 2002
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...he-last-decade
Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 370

and one side note on gronk...the NE offense is built around the TE they utilize that pos. so much doing the game...gronk and hernendez when healthy dominate...plus the pats have about 10 TEs on the team it seems like lol our O obviously is not built around greshem its the AJ green show but gresh is solid imo

who dey
Old 12-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh View Post
Every offense that kills in the NFL has a GREAT TE. Go ahead look it(Someonein 2 seconds names me a great offense with an average TE.lol)

But seriously every offense that is good has their TE involved. And its not easy to find amazing TEs. Its easy to find good TEs tho.....But when are we going to find another Gresham?

Honestly I think we could find another MJ next draft if we wanted to....Put ANYBODY on a d line with Dunlap and Geno and that guy AT THE LEAST better rack up 6-8 sacks
Well where is all the 6-8 sack guys on this team.Thanks for a laugh
Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1954

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Durham View Post
He has NOT been up and down. He's only been up. There has been no down... Except in the thick skulls of some brain dead ignorant fans.
Excuse me , Mr. BULL and I mean BULL!

He had a lot of drops, missed blocks, and penalties. He has improved significantly this season. Do you get it now?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsBong View Post
Well where is all the 6-8 sack guys on this team.Thanks for a laugh
MJ has 145 more snaps than anybody else at the defensive end position. In fact, Gilberry has a better sacks to snaps ratio than MJ: 1sack every 55snaps to Johnson's 1/76snaps.

Will he be easily replaced if he leaves in FA? Probably not, but it's not like he'd be a huge loss either.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 47105

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post
MJ has 145 more snaps than anybody else at the defensive end position. In fact, Gilberry has a better sacks to snaps ratio than MJ: 1sack every 55snaps to Johnson's 1/76snaps.

Will he be easily replaced if he leaves in FA? Probably not, but it's not like he'd be a huge loss either.

Lol, misleading stat there. If Gilberry played as many snaps against NFL LTs as MJ does, do you really think that he would average 1/55? I don't think so.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Lol, misleading stat there. If Gilberry played as many snaps against NFL LTs as MJ does, do you really think that he would average 1/55? I don't think so.
Maybe not, but he's only played roughly 25% of the snaps MJ has. I do think he'd have at least 6 sacks though.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 706

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post

The same thing was said about Justin Smith when we ran him out of town he can be replaced easy.MJ lead the team last year in reps coaches said they wanted to cut his snaps down so he is fresher and can make more plays that is the reason our line does as good as is plays because we rotate and keep guys fresh.But for some reason they still give MJ more snaps that is because how hard he plays and how disciplined he is in the run game.So lets throw the guy under the bus for doing his job well enough that the coaches do not want him off the field.

Last edited by BengalsBong; 12-01-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:16 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengaljunky86 View Post
gresh is a top 10 TE right now i dont know what more you guys want from him? hes basically our #2 wr and has been for a while ive been saying this all year the guys going to end up with 800 yards and 6-8 tds thats not a bad year for a TE...and i know alot of you guys like to throw up his blocking which i admit is not his strength but when you list off guys like gronk and jimmy graham the first the that comes to your mind is not how they block lol its how dynamic and how they create mis matches down the field...the TE pos has changed i mean would you rather have a guy like reggie kelly who was an outstanding blocker but did little in the passing game? or a guy like gresh who is an average blocker but a match up nightmare for any DB?...i prefer the latter

who dey
Gronk is the best blocking TE in the NFL.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 12-02-2012, 09:23 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsBong View Post
The same thing was said about Justin Smith when we ran him out of town he can be replaced easy.MJ lead the team last year in reps coaches said they wanted to cut his snaps down so he is fresher and can make more plays that is the reason our line does as good as is plays because we rotate and keep guys fresh.But for some reason they still give MJ more snaps that is because how hard he plays and how disciplined he is in the run game.So lets throw the guy under the bus for doing his job well enough that the coaches do not want him off the field.
I don't think anyone is throwing him under the bus, but he also isn't this elite DE a lot of people are making him out to be. One year of success doesn't mean it will continue(see: Robert Geathers). What people are saying though, is that throwing $8M+/year at the guy probably isn't the wisest decision. Getting Geno and Andre locked down takes much more importance at this point.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Gronk is the best blocking TE in the NFL.
And the important part, who also catches passess, I think H.Miller is a heck of a blocker too. V. Davis is also very good. Looking at past drafts it is really hard to find that all around guy.

Here is a name for you all as a late draft pick or CFA at TE, Travis Tannahill. Asked to block most of the time but I don't think I have seen him drop a ball.
Sleeper pick up and gotta get those Wildcat seniors some exposure!

This team hab no maaahbulls!