Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-01-2012, 08:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1808
Default Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
It's better to burn out than to fade away.
Hey... I remember that comment!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:33 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Remind me how did the season go for the Super bowl champs last year. We are puting up some nice score's as of the late.
Yeah, but that can end in San Diego.

Don't sleep on the Chargers. They still have Philip Rivers and they can put up points in a hurry. They would have beaten the Broncos had the Broncos had a QB other than Peyton. Too bad Andy Dalton isn't Peyton.

Oh... and if the Bengals "do" lose to the Chargers, kiss your playoff chances goodbye.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109858

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
They would have beaten the Broncos had the Broncos had a QB other than Peyton. Too bad Andy Dalton isn't Peyton.
Yeah, too bad Brandon Weeden isn't Peyton Manning....yet even he beat the Chargers.

It doesn't take a future Hall of Fame quarterback to beat the Chargers. If the Bengals manage to pull it off tomorrow, Dalton will likely play a significant role, but it will more than likely be due to the defensive line hounding Rivers throughout the game. Yes, he's still dangerous. Pressure him, however, that the danger moreso to those wearing the lightning bolts.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Yeah, too bad Brandon Weeden isn't Peyton Manning....yet even he beat the Chargers.

It doesn't take a future Hall of Fame quarterback to beat the Chargers. If the Bengals manage to pull it off tomorrow, Dalton will likely play a significant role, but it will more than likely be due to the defensive line hounding Rivers throughout the game. Yes, he's still dangerous. Pressure him, however, that the danger moreso to those wearing the lightning bolts.
I agree that the Chargers are currently playing very badly. However, they're not the Chiefs. The Broncos defense isn't that bad and Rivers and Co. put up 24 pts on that defense before the Chargers imploded.

The Bengals cannot afford to take the Chargers lightly. Even though it appears as if the Chargers are going to be push overs. If Rivers starts connecting with his receivers, it will be a long, long day for the Bengals.

Just sayin'...
Old 12-01-2012, 08:58 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17540

Quote:
I agree that the Chargers are currently playing very badly. However, they're not the Chiefs. The Broncos defense isn't that bad and Rivers and Co. put up 24 pts on that defense before the Chargers imploded.

The Bengals cannot afford to take the Chargers lightly. Even though it appears as if the Chargers are going to be push overs. If Rivers starts connecting with his receivers, it will be a long, long day for the Bengals.

Just sayin'...
If the Sun rises and there are no clouds in the sky, it's going to be a very bright day.

Just sayin'.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 770

Quote:

Just sayin'...
you said pretty much the exact same **** you said for the Raiders game
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13571

Quote:

Just sayin'...

You can be very madden like sometimes. Good job of stating the obvious without actually predicting it. Probably a smart move on your part after you predicted carson would torch the bengals.

just sayin
Old 12-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
just sayin
that's what he says when he knows he's just running his ****ing mouth with meaningless crap that nobody wants to read
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18752

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:51 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lygraf View Post
you said pretty much the exact same **** you said for the Raiders game
He says the same **** for every Bengals opponent. Kinda like a monkey throwing turds on a wall. Eventually, some is going to stick. That's his theory on Bengals games. If he predicts a loss every time, he's going to be right a few times a year and he can crow about his "prediction".
Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3942

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballsofsteel View Post
The steelers season is over. I'll root for the bengals to make the playoff's now.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1709
bengals Re: Say good bye to the playoffs Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Because since the 1990 playoff season, the bengals had not made a playoff appearance without sweeping the browns that respective year.

They swept the browns in 1990, 2005, 2009, and 2011. I thought everyone knew that.

The bengals blew their playoff chances back in week 6.
men,men,men and of course all you beautiful babes out there on these posts. everyone calm down please. all of us on here i am guessing now,do in fact so want our bengals to kill the bolts.however all of us probably can also agree its going to be a tough game for sure and i do believe our team realizes that and they know how hard they have to fight to win this. so lets all hope and pray they pull it out. there is Nothing any of us can do except wait and see how this one turns out. can they win this one???for sure they can, but must play like they have been.this will be the biggest test for them. how they handle a team that will probably keep it close is the big question. if they get down on themselves in a close one, they lose.i would love to see them get up on them at least two scores.then zim can turn the d loose.yes, a win this sunday keeps our hopes alive and they know that.a lost and we just finish out the season. the colts are scary right now, but have a tough schedule like us.we shall see. i am looking forward to this one. i hate the bolts, i was at the freezer bowl and almost froze to death.i had a cassette radio with me and it just froze up. a guy with me went and got all of us a beer, there was 6 of us and by the time he got back to our seats, the stuff was frozen solid.it was unreal. i had all tons of clothes and still froze. it was for sure the coldest day in the nati,ever.by the way a good name for our defense is the '" NASTY NATIES". any one on here can think of some good ones, post them.i hope to see a big win for us sunday.it could go either way.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3217

Quote:
Having second thoughts?

It's clear you want to be reminded of the Giants playoff run last year because you are starting to lose confidence in the bengals making the playoffs.

Shoulda beat them clowns.
Having second thought's? how did you get that from my post. It makes no sence.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmith(DE) View Post
Disagreed.

All it takes is Ben back next week and/or a win and a sweep of the bengals. Not really unfathomable. Rest of our sched is creampuff, if Ben plays.
Not really. The Steelers should beat the Chargers at home if they have Ben,but if they don't,then that's probably a L. Presuming a loss to the Ravens this week,that would them at 6-7. Then they are at Dallas,which is a tough game even with Ben. The Steelers are 2-4 on the road this year,and that includes losses to the Raiders and Titans with Ben. They are too poor of a road team this year to just chalk up a W over a team that will be likely playing for it's playoff lives. Then they have the Bengals at home,which is a tough game,and the Bengals will have a long week to prepare because we play the Eagles on Thursday night the previous week. Finally,the Browns at home...yeah,that's a W.

If the Steelers lose tommorrow and the Bengals win,then the Steelers would need the Bengals to go 2-2 over the last four games and they would have to go 3-1 themselves and complete the sweep to make the playoffs at 9-7,although a 2-2 split in the final four games for the Steelers is very possible.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:23 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Even if the Steelers lose tomorrow against the Ravens, they are not out of the playoff race. Ben comes back and we win the last four games that puts us at 10-6, which is good enough for a play off spot.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 390

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenetwolf View Post
Even if the Steelers lose tomorrow against the Ravens, they are not out of the playoff race. Ben comes back and we win the last four games that puts us at 10-6, which is good enough for a play off spot.
Ben coming back doesnt guarantee you winning the last 4 spots... what if he comes back before he's a hundred percent and reinjures his ribs? and with the way your RB's like to give up the rock any time theyre hit, that's just as much of a concern for you. if they do that against the Bengals or against the chargers #5 run D you guys will lose a lot worse than you did against the Browns. There's a lot of season left, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Come playoff time I think its gonna be the obvious division winners, and the Steelers and Bengals in the wildcards. Luck's never played this many games in a season and I think their remaining schedule is too tough for them to hold onto.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
men,men,men and of course all you beautiful babes out there on these posts. everyone calm down please. all of us on here i am guessing now,do in fact so want our bengals to kill the bolts.however all of us probably can also agree its going to be a tough game for sure and i do believe our team realizes that and they know how hard they have to fight to win this. so lets all hope and pray they pull it out. there is Nothing any of us can do except wait and see how this one turns out. can they win this one???for sure they can, but must play like they have been.this will be the biggest test for them. how they handle a team that will probably keep it close is the big question. if they get down on themselves in a close one, they lose.i would love to see them get up on them at least two scores.then zim can turn the d loose.yes, a win this sunday keeps our hopes alive and they know that.a lost and we just finish out the season. the colts are scary right now, but have a tough schedule like us.we shall see. i am looking forward to this one. i hate the bolts, i was at the freezer bowl and almost froze to death.i had a cassette radio with me and it just froze up. a guy with me went and got all of us a beer, there was 6 of us and by the time he got back to our seats, the stuff was frozen solid.it was unreal. i had all tons of clothes and still froze. it was for sure the coldest day in the nati,ever.by the way a good name for our defense is the '" NASTY NATIES". any one on here can think of some good ones, post them.i hope to see a big win for us sunday.it could go either way.
holy shi.........
Old 12-01-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13377

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyyearfan View Post
This kids is the longest possible way to say absolutely nothing.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-01-2012, 12:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmac18 View Post
Having second thought's? how did you get that from my post. It makes no sence.
You were losing your confidence in the bengals so you reminded yourself that the Giants did it.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:58 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 20726

Quote:
If Ben can come back next week,which is up in the air. If Ben plays without the injuries dramatically hampering his play. If they can win 4 straight even with a 100% Ben.

The Steelers are not out of it if they lose tommorrow,but they are well behind the 8-ball.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
You were losing your confidence in the bengals so you reminded yourself that the Giants did it.
No, not at all.

Old 12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
This kids is the longest possible way to say absolutely nothing.
men,men,men and of course all you beautiful babes out there on these posts. everyone calm down please.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

No it doesn't, but it is hard for an east coast team to travel out west and win.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
If Ben can come back next week,which is up in the air. If Ben plays without the injuries dramatically hampering his play. If they can win 4 straight even with a 100% Ben.

The Steelers are not out of it if they lose tommorrow,but they are well behind the 8-ball.
The Bengals travel to San Diego to play tomorrow, that is not a good place to play. If the game were in PBS then I would say the Bengals win, but it is not and everyone knows how difficult it is to travel out west and win. Plus you still have to play us and the Ravens, that could well be 2 losses right there for the Bengals. As far as the Browns, you usually split with them, so that could be a third loss.

Bottom line is the rest of the schedule for the Bengals is not going to be a cake walk. You may have won all the games you are going to win for this season.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote: