Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11292
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Kansas City Chiefs player has been shot

Holy ****.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:44 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb1983 View Post
they said he shot her at a house and then drove to the stadium and got stopped by coaches in parking lot and then did what he did...Report: Kansas City Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher Killed His Girlfriend, Drove To The Chiefs Practice Facility, And Killed Himself
That's just so bizarre. There are some decisions and things in life that we can do that can't be undone.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:45 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4530

Outside the lines is thrilled right now. Head injuries in football will be the only topic this week. Sad for the family.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 8668

Quote:
Originally Posted by J24 View Post
Outside the lines is thrilled right now. Head injuries in football will be the only topic this week. Sad for the family.
Agreed...but without knowing the details...it's probably more of a temper issue.
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3839
Default Chiefs player commits suicide at team practice facility

Not sure which player it is. It happened early Saturday Morning at the team practice facility. This seems to be connected to an off-site shooting involving the player's girlfriend. Anyway, my deepest sympathies go out to the Kansas City Chiefs and the player's family.
VIP Member

Rep Points: 921

everything iv herd so far came from this site http://deadspin.com/5964841/report-k...illed-himself- they have most of the story some how..guess it happened early this morn
Old 12-01-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1976
Default Re: Chiefs player commits suicide at team practice facility

Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher dead in apparent*murder-suicide

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 1, 2012, 11:47 AM EST

AP
Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and a woman believed to be his girlfriend are dead, after Belcher apparently shot and killed her, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot and killed himself.

A statement released by the Chiefs said only, “We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.” But PFT has confirmed with multiple sources that it was, in fact, Belcher who was involved in the incident.

Belcher apparently shot his girlfriend at around 8 a.m. on Saturday and then committed suicide a short time later.

Players on the Chiefs are gathering at Arrowhead Stadium today and being told of the situation. The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Arrowhead Stadium. The Panthers’ team flight has not yet left for Kansas City, and the NFL has not yet said whether the game will go on as scheduled.

The 25-year-old Belcher entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Maine and quickly made an impact, becoming a starter during his rookie season. Belcher’s off-field life had remained relatively quiet, and the news of this morning is stunning to the NFL world.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...urder-suicide/

This is just tragic news.

WHO - DEY!!!
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2545

One way to end the QB controversy in San Fran.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

really sad.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1035

Horrible horrible news, im sure there is alot of guessing of what his intentions were, but the coaches may have saved anothers life. First thing that came to my mind was he caught gf cheating and went to chief facility to possibly confront someone else and the coaches stopped and confronted him outside facility before he could enter. Who knows what goes through someone head when something tragic like this happens, my thoughts and prayers goes out to the families of the deceased
Old 12-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 16

Been reported pretty well everywhere except the local media and the mothership, but was Jovan Belcher, starting ILB. Shot his girlfriend, drove to the team facility and shot himself. Some of the other players noticed he had a gun and got the coaching staff involved. Called police and then Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennell (and presumably other members of the staff) tried to talk to him. Guess he thanked them for everything and pulled the trigger.
Live in KC, obviously a Bengals fan, never have rooted for the Chiefs one day of my life. But Belcher was a good player, one I could enjoy watching despite my dislike of the Chiefs. Who knows if brain issues, concussions, whatever are the cause. Worst part of it all, tying to the girlfriend is a 3 month old daughter that has been left behind now. Have heard that the girlfriend's mom was witness to her daughter being shot too. All rumor at this point. But to leave a 3 month old child.....damn.
Old 12-01-2012, 12:55 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1485

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshb1983 View Post
everything iv herd so far came from this site http://deadspin.com/5964841/report-k...illed-himself- they have most of the story some how..guess it happened early this morn
caution. reading some of the comments on this page will negatively impact your view of humanity.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:05 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
One way to end the QB controversy in San Fran.
Wtf does that have to do with anything. I am sure the first thing on people's minds after a tragic incident like this is that it will stop a QB controversy.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4645

I love some of the holier than thou attitudes in here, but these are tame to other comments I've read elsewhere.

Clearly, this guy was suffering from some sort of severe mental illness. No history of violence, young guy in great shape with a promising career, new born baby, etc...

Nobody with that kind of past just decides one morning to murder his girlfriend and mother of his newborn child, then kill himself in front of his GM and HC without something being really messed up. Supposedly he told them, "Thanks for everything." before pulling the trigger.

You don't have to feel sorry for the man, but jeez, cut it with the insults already.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22507

Just a surreal situation.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27518

Wow. This is the craziest thing to happen in the NFL since OJ Simpson. I really feel for the child. Prayers to both families. Can't imagine what's going through Romeo and Pioli's minds having seen that.

If Dalton averages over 30 passes per game in 2014, I win. If he averages less than 30, you win. Loser can't post in any Dalton threads for 1 year. You game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
Yes, log it.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Wow. This is the craziest thing to happen in the NFL since OJ Simpson. I really feel for the child. Prayers to both families. Can't imagine what's going through Romeo and Pioli's minds having seen that.
I've seen it happen, it wasn't someone I knew even. I cannot imagine it being someone you know as close as a coach and player can be sometimes.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:59 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10138

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/86...-team-facility

Apparently, he had thanked the coach and GM for the opportunity they had given him before committing suicide in front of them.

This really is a tragic story.

Thoughts and prayers to the family, friends, coaches, and teammates.

But ABOVE all, prayers for the 3 month old whom will grow up without either parent

Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/wolfkaosaun
Writer For
http://stripehype.com/
http://whodazed.com/
My YouTube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/andwegiveup

Draft Rushel Shell when he declares!
Old 12-01-2012, 02:00 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoDeyJayhawk View Post
Been reported pretty well everywhere except the local media and the mothership, but was Jovan Belcher, starting ILB. Shot his girlfriend, drove to the team facility and shot himself. Some of the other players noticed he had a gun and got the coaching staff involved. Called police and then Scott Pioli and Romeo Crennell (and presumably other members of the staff) tried to talk to him. Guess he thanked them for everything and pulled the trigger.
Live in KC, obviously a Bengals fan, never have rooted for the Chiefs one day of my life. But Belcher was a good player, one I could enjoy watching despite my dislike of the Chiefs. Who knows if brain issues, concussions, whatever are the cause. Worst part of it all, tying to the girlfriend is a 3 month old daughter that has been left behind now. Have heard that the girlfriend's mom was witness to her daughter being shot too. All rumor at this point. But to leave a 3 month old child.....damn.
Thank God, if her mother was a witness, he didn't shoot her as well. This is just terrible. KC Chiefs is not one of the teams I follow, but this is an absolute tragedy, regardless of who it happened to. He must have had some signs and symptoms of mental illness or stress, it is just inconceivable (to me) that someone wakes up on a Saturday morning and decides to kill the mother of his child, then drive to his employer and shoot himself in the head in front of his "boss". I wonder if he's had any history of concussions or other head injuries, recently or in the past?
Old 12-01-2012, 02:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2077

How many games will Goodell suspend him for this? I doubt he just gets a fine.
Old 12-01-2012, 02:12 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalB View Post
Thank God, if her mother was a witness, he didn't shoot her as well. This is just terrible. KC Chiefs is not one of the teams I follow, but this is an absolute tragedy, regardless of who it happened to. He must have had some signs and symptoms of mental illness or stress, it is just inconceivable (to me) that someone wakes up on a Saturday morning and decides to kill the mother of his child, then drive to his employer and shoot himself in the head in front of his "boss". I wonder if he's had any history of concussions or other head injuries, recently or in the past?

Appears to be the case, the gf's mother was visiting and was there to see it, and was the one that called the authorities. Very surreal situation, and the last thing you expect to see scrolling on the bottom of every local station in town when you wake up.
Top it off, Panthers were told to fly in as scheduled, they are in the air right now, I believe. Game to go on as planned.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3194

Feel sorry for the victim and her family. The story is about a high profile athlete who killed himself...he obviously had problems....but he made a major mistake being a murderer 1st.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19691

What a coward.....

He could have skipped killing the woman before he brained himself.

Old 12-01-2012, 04:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13254

Truly tragic. If you look at that organizations history they've been cursed on and off the field. Remember Derrick Thomas? Joe Delaney?

BMOREBLITZ
Old 12-01-2012, 05:01 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1782

So sad beyond words