Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Around the NFL

Around the NFL Discuss the other 31 teams and the NFL in general.

Old 12-01-2012, 05:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24123
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS!!! Kansas City Chiefs player has been shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Truly tragic. If you look at that organizations history they've been cursed on and off the field. Remember Derrick Thomas? Joe Delaney?
Yeah I actually read somewhere that this was the Chiefs 2nd murder-suicide this year? How does that happen...twice?

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5310

I can't just imagine how someone gets to that point. It's sad. When you feel in your heart that there is nothing left, that's upsetting. Life is so amazing, even with its flaws, and to get to the point of, not only taking your life, but someone else's as well, that's depressing. My prayers are with his family, her family, their young child, and the rest of the Chiefs family.

Steeler Eater, thank you for ^^^^^^. It's greatly appreciated.
Old 12-01-2012, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

So sad, he seemed like he was happy being a father and loved his GF (well from his FB postings anyways). Posted on KC website Chiefs Crowd on behalf of Bengal Nation, you know, saying sending thoughts and prayers your way, we too have been in a situation where we lost a player (although Slim was a different situation somewhat).

Just ***** he has a three month old baby, close to Christmas, with no parents. And to off yourself in front of your coaches...I guess he felt they were like family and wanted to tell them all how much he appreciated them before he ended it all.

Has a player ever committed suicide while still an active NFL player?? I don't recall this happening before, let alone a murder suicide involving an ACTIVE player. Bet PR is having problems with how to recognize him tomorrow, because he did kill someone...
Old 12-01-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3536

Feel bad for the whole organization. Guy has a baby who will grow up with the thought of her dad commiting suicide. Sooo sad.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2882

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliJack View Post
Feel bad for the whole organization. Guy has a baby who will grow up with the thought of her dad commiting suicide. Sooo sad.
What's sadder is that his dad killed his mom, not the suicide part.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Yeah I actually read somewhere that this was the Chiefs 2nd murder-suicide this year? How does that happen...twice?
No, not this year. Second time it's happened though. Jim Tyrer also committed murder-suicide. Many years ago.

However, it's the second time we've seen that here this year. In September, there was an attempted murder-suicide in the parking lot early in the afternoon before a Royals game. Guy drove to the Royals parking lot (in between Kauffman and Arrowhead) and shot a female parking lot attendant (girlfriend/wife, don't remember for sure), then himself. She lived, fortunately.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 40014

Must be something in the water in that area..

Seriously, tremendously sad situation for all parties involved. Wishing the best for the families involved, and also for the Chiefs organization.

Here come's the....BOOM!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 12845

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6andcounting View Post
How many games will Goodell suspend him for this? I doubt he just gets a fine.
Congratulations. You and Bumpy tie for the stupidest post ever.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:25 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 18226

Orphaning a 3 month old.

So sad.
And pathetic.

4-24-13
1. Cordarelle Patterson WR UT
2a. D.J. Swearinger S South Carolina
2b. Le'veon Bell RB MSU
3. Jamie Collins OLB Southern Missippi
4. Reid Fragel OT Ohio State
5. Tyrann Mathieu CB LSU
6. William Gholston DE MSU
6. Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH)
7. Nick Clancy MLB Boston College
Old 12-02-2012, 02:51 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
What a coward.....

He could have skipped killing the woman before he brained himself.
I'm glad someone thinks like I do.

Tomorrow we will have to hear about his death all day during football which is a shame. The guy was a murderer and should not be honored one bit.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-02-2012, 03:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7271

Quote:
Originally Posted by k4aic View Post
So sad, he seemed like he was happy being a father and loved his GF (well from his FB postings anyways). Posted on KC website Chiefs Crowd on behalf of Bengal Nation, you know, saying sending thoughts and prayers your way, we too have been in a situation where we lost a player (although Slim was a different situation somewhat).

Just ***** he has a three month old baby, close to Christmas, with no parents. And to off yourself in front of your coaches...I guess he felt they were like family and wanted to tell them all how much he appreciated them before he ended it all.

Has a player ever committed suicide while still an active NFL player?? I don't recall this happening before, let alone a murder suicide involving an ACTIVE player. Bet PR is having problems with how to recognize him tomorrow, because he did kill someone...
Kenny McKinley for Denver a few years back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5598078

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 12-02-2012, 10:07 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I'm glad someone thinks like I do.

Tomorrow we will have to hear about his death all day during football which is a shame. The guy was a murderer and should not be honored one bit.
I'm sure his teammates and family feel quite different.

Besides, if he only killed himself you'd still be calling him a coward, a low-life, a horrible parent/person, etc... If he was indeed suffering from severe depression(possibly from head trauma), most people will never know what that's like. It's not something you can just "man up and get over". And sometimes, drugs and counseling still aren't effective.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 263

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Kenny McKinley for Denver a few years back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5598078
Oh yea thanks, I kinda forgot about that. Should have remembered got a friend that's die-hard Bronco fan.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:27 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24123

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post

Besides, if he only killed himself you'd still be calling him a coward, a low-life, a horrible parent/person, etc... If he was indeed suffering from severe depression(possibly from head trauma), most people will never know what that's like. It's not something you can just "man up and get over". And sometimes, drugs and counseling still aren't effective.
Glad someone else out there is capable of showing/feeling empathy. I'm not saying the guy should be honored, but maybe we should just see it for what it is: a sad situation. The guy was obviously suffering from mental illness, but instead of trying to understand what the guy was going through, so many would rather just rush to judgement. Killing your wife and yourself because she stayed out late at a concert is not even close to being rational. Obviously the guy was going through some serious issues.

During those 8 seasons, we've had several starting RBs, different starters on the o-line, different TEs and FBs and 2 different RB coaches. Only our o-line coach remained the same.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:10 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10038

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinghost View Post

The dude blew his girlfriend's brains out in front of her mother

I could care less if he was a coward or not... he's was a monster.

Hell does not have a fire hot enough for what he deserves.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
The dude blew his girlfriend's brains out in front of her mother

I could care less if he was a coward or not... he's was a monster.

Hell does not have a fire hot enough for what he deserves.
If he was truly a monster he would have killed her mother, his baby, the Chief's GM and Crennell before offing himself. Why did he only kill her and himself? He's not some psycho killer. More likely, he was a normal guy with an underlying mental illness that decided to take over after a "routine" argument. It's unfortunate that that's what triggered it, and I truly feel for her family, but this situation is a lot less black and white than some would like to make it seem.

Maybe I'm speaking from a different place since I too suffer from a mental illness(though not anywhere as severe), but there's no possible way someone who's never dealt with a similar problem could possibly try to understand what was going on with him. The outside world has no bearing on how you feel internally. Nothing makes you happy, nothing makes you feel better. You feel trapped in a very dark place. It really feels like you're alone and there's no hope.

Now with me saying all this, I'm not trying to excuse what he did in any way, just trying to get people to think a little more about what was going on with him before making such harsh judgements.