Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Bengals versus....

Bengals versus.... A forum for visiting fans to partake in conversations with Bengals fans about upcoming games or the Bengals in general. Please leave the trash talk in the Smack Talk subforum below. Formerly the Game Day subforum (Game Day threads remain here).

Old 12-02-2012, 06:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 49822
Default I'm starting to see a trend

Now that Robinson has found his legs, and Zeitler has made the transition from rookie to 1st year veteran, the running lanes on the right side are now open for business.

It's not a coincidence, we have a dominate OL in the making here folks!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Default Re: I'm starting to see a trend

Well, 24 looks and not one comment??

What are you guys, scared that the Bengals are down by 3 at the half??
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24332

Very much agree.

Think Williams, though he did fall off, was decent last year run blocking, yet the Bengals struggled running right last season. I don't think Zeitler was that massive an upgrade in the running game on the right side. So the problem might be the center position.

I don't mean this to hang Cook, but to instead praise the find in Robinson. Heck, if it were up to 3/4 of the board, Reggie Stevens would have been in there instead of either Trevor or Faine, and Robinson would still be out of work. Instead, Bengals fans lucked out and the team may have turned coal into a diamond.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:55 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13837

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Very much agree.

Think Williams, though he did fall off, was decent last year run blocking, yet the Bengals struggled running right last season. I don't think Zeitler was that massive an upgrade in the running game on the right side. So the problem might be the center position.

I don't mean this to hang Cook, but to instead praise the find in Robinson. Heck, if it were up to 3/4 of the board, Reggie Stevens would have been in there instead of either Trevor or Faine, and Robinson would still be out of work. Instead, Bengals fans lucked out and the team may have turned coal into a diamond.
I do not think Cook is all that great. Everybody else gets a thumbs up.

Last edited by Lolli; 12-02-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 24924

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsetBengal View Post
Well, 24 looks and not one comment??

What are you guys, scared that the Bengals are down by 3 at the half??
I wasn't. We laid an egg on the West Coast again, but our D saved our butts. Andy better be buying dinner all week for the entire D.

Just back from BW3s. At half, I told my youngest son "we got this. I'm not worried. In past years, yeah, but not with these guys." Andy did just enough to pull this out. I wasn't sure we would, but it was obvious that we really missed Sanu in the Red Zone. Marvin Jones is not the answer at #2. We gotta look at taking a WR in the 2013 draft.

Last edited by Shady; 12-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady View Post
I wasn't. We laid an egg on the West Coast again, but our D saved our butts. Andy better be buying dinner all week for the entire D.

Just back from BW3s. At half, I told my youngest son "we got this. I'm not worried. In past years, yeah, but not with these guys." Andy did just enough to pull this out. I wasn't sure we would, but it was obvious that we really missed Sanu in the Red Zone. Marvin Jones is not the answer at #2. We gotta look at taking a WR in the 2013 draft.
\\

Yeah, Gazoo could have helped put this game out of reach. But, this is the NFL, most games are one possession affairs. Our defense stepped up, atoned for the transgressions of our young QB, and all is well.

The main thing is that the OL is fast becoming a force to be reckoned with. Look at the blueprint of traditional super bowl powers, good OL and a stout defense. Check!
Old 12-02-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: I'm starting to see a trend

Quote:

Give Jones a chance, I recall a few passes going through all our receivers hands, let him play himself into the game.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3257

Quote:

How did we lay an egg? We won and kept the chargers from scoring an offensive TD. The "offense" laid an egg but as a whole you can't say we laid an egg considering we won and our D played fairly well.

-The Rookie Connection-
Old 12-02-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

I totally agree with SunsetBengal. We are seeing a very good and young OL starting to really come into its own. I'm so glad we picked Zeitler. And Smith for that matter.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2657

Quote:
Now that Robinson has found his legs, and Zeitler has made the transition from rookie to 1st year veteran, the running lanes on the right side are now open for business.

I believe you are onto something here. Especially with o and d lines double check. Bjge had a very good game against the the raiders. Richardson, who is a much better back, didn't fare as well against Oakland. I know thats not the best way to draw a conclusion but I agree our lines are dominating recently.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:

Anyone on this board who has the NFL Game Rewind, should look at the last few games from the High End Zone angle and let us know who is creating the lanes, how often the RG is pulling and how often we are using the imbalanced line.
Besides the line, Gresham and the WRs are blocking upfield well.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Banned

Rep Points: 595

Quote:

I think you meant "dominant"
Old 12-03-2012, 09:48 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 15029

I agree with you Sunset. Our O-line is looking pretty good for the most part; they still have their moments though. Overall, I definitely feel better about our O-line than I did at the beginning of the season.

Sig compliments of CINwillWIN