Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts Post your mock here

Old 12-02-2012, 10:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169
Default New One

Few things I noticed during the Chargers game today, but a win is a win....

1. OLB C.J. Mosley, Alabama - 6'2 232lbs

Some might not see him as a first rounder, but I call those people crazy. He's instinctive, smart, and regularly stands out on a defense that is filled with future NFL talent. The thing I like the most about him is his coverage abilities. If Maualuga can keep his head above water, I could see the opening day starters being Burfict, Maualuga and Howard, with Mosley rotating in. Very high upside.

2. DE Alex Okafor, Texas - 6'4 265lbs

I think Okafor could be a first round pick, but the pectoral injury could lower his stock a bit as it's a difficult injury to overcome. I noticed against the Chargers that as good as people think our ends are at rushing the passer, they're mostly average. Okafor should be the guy to replace Geathers as he's very stout against the run, and can also rush the passer. Whether we keep MJ or not, I still think we need to go DE early.

2. RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina - 5'10 205lbs

I think Bernard will be a late-first round pick by the time it's all said and done, but for now I see him projected as a mid-second. Battling for the top RB spot, but I think he's the best one for us. Very good vision, and he's only a RS Soph.

3. S Shawn Williams, Georgia - 6'1 217lbs

I think Rambo is gone early, but Williams is a good safety in his own right. A lot of experts believe he's the steadier player of the two. With a talented Georgia offense, Williams leads them all in tackles.

4. WR Tavarres King, Georgia - 6'1 200lbs

Kind of under the radar as far as receivers go, but I really like his skill set. He's got fantastic body control, and reminds me of a smaller AJ Green. Not sure what his 40 time will be, but he's a fast player on the field.

5. TE Michael Williams, Alabama - 6'6 270lbs

I'm not sure where Williams is projected, but I think he'd be a missing piece for this offense. Charles and Gresham are both receiving tight ends that struggle a bit in blocking, but Williams is a stellar blocker.

6. C/G/T (Depth)

6. Character concern boom or bust.... (Mathieu, Dyer etc...)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 30146
Default Re: New One

Depending on what happens in free agency (if we lose a DE or 2), I like it. But given the shortage of true first round RBs, I really doubt Bernard lasts that long.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:29 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23828

Great draft.
To make it more realistic, given the critiques leveled already, cross out Okafor. Insert Bernard. Take best DE or FS available at 2B. Dion Jordan or Tony Jefferson.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 1025

I was actually going to make a mock draft and I had the same exact top three you did. I agree that Bernard may not be there for our 2B pick, but if thats the case, Id love to land Eddie Lacy. I wasnt big on Lacy before the SEC Championship game, but he jumped up to #2 on my RB board. Lacy doesnt have the top end speed of Bernard, but he has great burst and acceleration as well as great vision. I do not see how you could go wrong with this draft at all.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 487

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
3. S Shawn Williams, Georgia - 6'1 217lbs

I think Rambo is gone early, but Williams is a good safety in his own right. A lot of experts believe he's the steadier player of the two. With a talented Georgia offense, Williams leads them all in tackles.

4. WR Tavarres King, Georgia - 6'1 200lbs

Kind of under the radar as far as receivers go, but I really like his skill set. He's got fantastic body control, and reminds me of a smaller AJ Green. Not sure what his 40 time will be, but he's a fast player on the field.
Alec Ogletree leads the team in tackles by 11 but Williams is in 2nd. King is awesome and a great leader for UGA. He reminds me more of Cleveland's Muhammed Massaqoi than AJ but still a quality addition