Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17691
Default Best AFC 'wildcard hopeful' win today?

Which win was more impressive today;

1. Steelers @ Ravens
2. Colts @ Lions
3. Bengals @ Chargers

Rank 'em in order if you want to. Not really a part of this thread, but, looking at the Ravens remaining schedule, I can see a complete collapse ahead. Beware Ravens fans.

Bengals tried all day to lose this game and they pulled it together just in the nick of time. Thanks to the defense which didn't give up a TD. I think that's 2 TDs given up by this D in the last 4 games. Pretty sweet. Colts got lucky that Detroit choked and eased off with the prevent D wich only prevented them from winning. I'd think the most impressive win was the Steelers @ Ravens w/Batch but i'm too ****** off at the Ravens for losing to admit it outright, so give me your reasons why you agree or disagree.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1839
Default Re: Best AFC 'wildcard hopeful' win today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post

1. Steelers @ Ravens
2. Colts @ Lions
3. Bengals @ Chargers

Rank 'em in order if you want to. Not really a part of this thread, but, looking at the Ravens remaining schedule, I can see a complete collapse ahead. Beware Ravens fans.

Bengals tried all day to lose this game and they pulled it together just in the nick of time. Thanks to the defense which didn't give up a TD. I think that's 2 TDs given up by this D in the last 4 games. Pretty sweet. Colts got lucky that Detroit choked and eased off with the prevent D wich only prevented them from winning. I'd think the most impressive win was the Steelers @ Ravens w/Batch but i'm too ****** off at the Ravens for losing to admit it outright, so give me your reasons why you agree or disagree.
Dude... you KNOW which one I'm going to pick! By the way... recognize my the newest quote in my sig? How do you like your crow? Fried, Sauteed, or Baked?
Old 12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 13974

I didn't see much of the Bengals game but I'm going to have to say Colts based on that final TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Anyways, Adderral's not even a drug
-----------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy's Best View Post
I still don't think we are evolved from primates. I don't think we are even remotely related.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhythmicGeek View Post
We aren't evolved from primates, we are primates.
--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I can guarentee you there is not a dude on the earth that is as passionate about his male lover as I am my relgion.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11154

Quote:

1. Steelers @ Ravens
2. Colts @ Lions
3. Bengals @ Chargers

I think someone has a crush on you.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13047

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan4ever View Post
Dude... you KNOW which one I'm going to pick! By the way... recognize my the newest quote in my sig? How do you like your crow? Fried, Sauteed, or Baked?
Do your like your 'smack' overused, beaten to death, or ineffective?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I told you, i'm not eating any crow. Your sig quotes make no sense. But that doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
Do your like your 'smack' overused, beaten to death, or ineffective?
D. All of the above?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:29 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3987

Quote:

1. Steelers @ Ravens
2. Colts @ Lions
3. Bengals @ Chargers
Lol this is classic!

So often you and so many other bengal fans have lectured Coltsfan on how you could care less about the Colts...that this is an AFCN message board...and now without even thinking about it, you automatically include the Colts game among the AFCN teams in discussion.

Coltsfan finally got through and is in your head... you have been trained to accept the Colts into your message board family.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28413

Honestly, the Pittsburgh win was the most impressive because they beat the heavily favored Ravens without Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Pullamuscle, oops, I meant Polamalu. The Colts were supposed to beat the Lions and the Bengals were supposed to beat the Chargers. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh still have the best shots of the three wild card hopeful teams because the Colts still have to play the Texans twice.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:11 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13460

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan_in_Kettering View Post
Honestly, the Pittsburgh win was the most impressive because they beat the heavily favored Ravens without Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Pullamuscle, oops, I meant Polamalu. The Colts were supposed to beat the Lions and the Bengals were supposed to beat the Chargers. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh still have the best shots of the three wild card hopeful teams because the Colts still have to play the Texans twice.
Um......Troy played.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28413

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Um......Troy played.
Ah, thank you; I didn't know that. Did he look good or did he look slow?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 440
drunk Re: Best AFC 'wildcard hopeful' win today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodley View Post
Lol this is classic!

So often you and so many other bengal fans have lectured Coltsfan on how you could care less about the Colts...that this is an AFCN message board...and now without even thinking about it, you automatically include the Colts game among the AFCN teams in discussion.

Coltsfan finally got through and is in your head... you have been trained to accept the Colts into your message board family.
Thread was about AFC wildcard contenders, and the colts are a part of that convo moron.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13460

Quote:
Not 100% but played well. Was not really tested too much and sat a few plays out but all in all a good outing for being out as long as he was.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-02-2012, 11:48 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Lol this is classic!

So you don't realize that the Colts are currently the 5th seed, the Steelers are the 6th seed and the Bengals are right behind the Steelers in the playoff race?

I've seen some pretty lame attempts at smack from you but how can you miss something so rudimentary? Week to week, no one in Bengalsland cares about the Colts. We don't care who they play, we don't care how their players do and we don't give a damn about their coaching staff. Right now, with only 4 weeks left in the season and two teams ahead of the Bengals-- one being the Colts-- you don't understand how this is relevant?

Tell me you were just tired and you weren't really thinking when you posted this.

P.S. Coltsfan has 3 quotes from me in his sig. THAT is being in someone's head, ya jaggalope.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:50 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
Um......Troy played.
What's up with Ike? Was he standing too close to Ben on the sidelines and caught the bug?
Old 12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I'd like to get in early with a vote of 'slow and uninspiring'.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 23573

Quote:
How many times are you going to use this exact line? You should just put that in your sig instead, since it's already part of most of your posts.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:05 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

Quote:
Lol this is classic!

Where oh where does this forum have any written guidelines about how this is AFCN smack only? Yeah..nowhere. Kinda explains why buttnugget31 is still a member...?

Although it is kinda silly for him to be here, but what can you expect from that guy...? Not much. Plus he nuthugs the steelers more than some of your own fans.

And please don't say only bengal fans lecture coltsfan. Everyone takes their turn with ol streethooker31
Old 12-03-2012, 08:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 10541

The Ravens blow. That's probably like the third I've ever rooted for them, and they can't even win at home against a 65 year old backup's backup.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3367

None were very impressive. Reasons as followed:

-Bengals beat a sloppy, ugly *** Chargers team that can't win to save their lives. They were given 3 opportunities (turnovers) and blew them. The Bengals slid by with a victory in ugly fashion. Doing this against a slightly better team, this would've been a loss.

-Colts played like **** the entire game. Andrew Luck was way off. Lions handed them a game with poor clock management and TERRIBLE defense. The Detroit Lions are easily one of the most disappointing teams this year, if not THE most disappointing.

-Steelers were a wounded team, beating up on a team incapable of playing consistent. Flacco plays elite, then plays like garbage. They blow out teams, then get blown out (Texans game?). Injuries across the board.

Truly, none of these are really 'impressive'. The Bengals game was goofy, the Colts game was Disney-esque and the Ravens let a 50 year old bench player beat their wounded D. Meh.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7116

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsean View Post
The Ravens blow. That's probably like the third I've ever rooted for them, and they can't even win at home against a 65 year old backup's backup.

Pretty good stuff?
Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:

1. Steelers @ Ravens
2. Colts @ Lions
3. Bengals @ Chargers

I think it is a tie between the Steelers winning in Baltimore and Cincy winning in SD. It sure is making the AFC race more interesting that is for sure. The Steelers needed that win in Baltimore as much as Baltimore needed that win, and the Bengals needed that win to keep pace.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 79072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
How many times are you going to use this exact line? You should just put that in your sig instead, since it's already part of most of your posts.
ive always heard microwaved crow is the way to go anyway...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Rep Points: 109874

They were all pretty impressive. Yes, the Bengals' win was ugly, but this is a franchise that traditionally struggles on the west coast even when they do have good teams. It was a significant victory, though admittedly not as impressive IMHO as those of the Colts & Steelers.

I have to admit that I do giggle when the Lions and Head Coach Smeagol lose in such a ridiculous fashion. I wanted to Colts to lose for obvious reasons, but was very impressed with the manner in which they stole a victory from the Lions. I couldn't really keep track of the game too closely as I was driving, but I had written them off when they were down 12 with about 3 minutes left. Great job by Andrew Luck & company. Nonetheless, it was a game I felt the Colts had a good chance to win from the start. The Steelers, on the other hand....

Without coming out & saying it, I didn't think the Steelers had a chance in Baltimore. In retrospect, I should have known better considering how the Ravens have struggled of late. Still, they were unbeatable at home. Were. It's a lesson that many here will refuse to admit, but you don't ever count out the Steelers. Too many veterans who have been through too many big games to simply roll over. Yeah, they may stumble at times - 8 turnovers?!? - but their bounce-back game was typical Steelers.

Hats off to these teams for big road victories. It looks like it will be a fun final month of the season.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:24 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3987

Quote:
Originally Posted by 34inXXIII View Post
They were all pretty impressive. Yes, the Bengals' win was ugly, but this is a franchise that traditionally struggles on the west coast even when they do have good teams. It was a significant victory, though admittedly not as impressive IMHO as those of the Colts & Steelers.

Hats off to the bengals...they are beating teams they shouldn't beat.