Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Fan Feedback

Fan Feedback Tell us what you like or don't like about bengals.com, our message boards, or our in-stadium entertainment.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
bjf123 bjf123 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Section 308
Posts: 295
Rep Points: 141
Default Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Not sure who the forum grand poobah is, but have you looked at a plug in called Tapatalk (www.tapatalk.com)? It allows for users of mobile devices like iPhones and Androids to easily navigate, view, and post to forums. I've seen it in use on another vBulletin based forum I frequent. It works great. Adding this option would be a great enhancement to the Bengals forum.

Last edited by bjf123; 04-28-2011 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Fixed link
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Joe from Florence Joe from Florence is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 43,663
Rep Points: 0
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access

Bengals_Moderator is the man you need to ask.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Bengals_Moderator's Avatar
Bengals_Moderator Bengals_Moderator is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 863
Rep Points: 51942
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access

This is actually a very good idea. We are in the process of setting this up and will let you know once it's up and running.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Headspace Headspace is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,564
Rep Points: 3915
Default

I asked about this several months ago. Glad it was put up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
Bengals_Moderator's Avatar
Bengals_Moderator Bengals_Moderator is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 863
Rep Points: 51942
Default

This is now available to download in the App store. Just search for Tapatalk and install. It will cost $2.99 to download the app.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-14-2011, 08:11 AM
battey60's Avatar
battey60 battey60 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westerly, RI
Posts: 9,761
Rep Points: 17579
Default

This is great. Thanks bengals mod!

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk
__________________
The amount of money I’ll be makin would hurt your parents feelings. Remember the class where I taught you all how to make it rain? That’s what I’ll be doin every night, dollar…dollar…bills y’all
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 AM
BengalsIronMan's Avatar
BengalsIronMan BengalsIronMan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,327
Rep Points: 2345
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Nice!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:07 PM
bbman1232's Avatar
bbman1232 bbman1232 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Warren,Ohio
Posts: 272
Rep Points: 168
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

That is a pay app. There should be a free one. It should be linked with the Bengals app
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-24-2012, 07:15 PM
The Bengal Thing's Avatar
The Bengal Thing The Bengal Thing is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17,212
Rep Points: 44286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbman1232 View Post
That is a pay app. There should be a free one. It should be linked with the Bengals app
I like the pay one
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:03 AM
Lawless_1's Avatar
Lawless_1 Lawless_1 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Spartanburg, South Carolina
Posts: 8,071
Rep Points: 10585
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bengal Thing View Post
I like the pay one
I have been using tapatalk for a while now and here lately it has been unusable. Any time you go from page to page in a thread the order is messed up.

Like if a thread has 5 pages instead of it going 1,2,3,4,5 it will go 1,2,3,2,1 and you can never get to 4 or 5.
__________________
"I don't care if it's rock, paper, scissors or a race to the car I do what I can to win" - Tyler Eifert

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 AM
The Bengal Thing's Avatar
The Bengal Thing The Bengal Thing is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17,212
Rep Points: 44286
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawless_1 View Post
I have been using tapatalk for a while now and here lately it has been unusable. Any time you go from page to page in a thread the order is messed up.

Like if a thread has 5 pages instead of it going 1,2,3,4,5 it will go 1,2,3,2,1 and you can never get to 4 or 5.
I haven't had that issue
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-03-2012, 08:18 AM
Interceptor's Avatar
Interceptor Interceptor is online now
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: under a rock
Posts: 6,082
Rep Points: 11154
Default

Testing....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
__________________




Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.
There are two seasons of the year for me: Football Season and waiting for Football Season.
On the Bengals Bandwagon since 1981
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-02-2013, 08:56 PM
xxlt's Avatar
xxlt xxlt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,705
Rep Points: 39765
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

BUMP!

I only discovered this app today and bumped the thread for two reasons.

Number one: to help make fans who didn't know about this free app aware of it.

Number two: to let fans know that when you sign up for the app it lists the available forums in order of popularity and out of a few hundred forums this MB is in the top 30 in popularity. So not only are we all awesome, but we are also blazing a new path in the technology frontier and spreading WHO DEY goodness far and wide!

Oh, and if you get a message about the API needing to be updated (whatever the hell that means) I have already let our beloved Admin know this.

WHO DEY!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:09 PM
The Bengal Thing's Avatar
The Bengal Thing The Bengal Thing is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17,212
Rep Points: 44286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlt View Post
BUMP!

I only discovered this app today and bumped the thread for two reasons.

Number one: to help make fans who didn't know about this free app aware of it.

Number two: to let fans know that when you sign up for the app it lists the available forums in order of popularity and out of a few hundred forums this MB is in the top 30 in popularity. So not only are we all awesome, but we are also blazing a new path in the technology frontier and spreading WHO DEY goodness far and wide!

Oh, and if you get a message about the API needing to be updated (whatever the hell that means) I have already let our beloved Admin know this.

WHO DEY!
Free?
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:26 PM
xxlt's Avatar
xxlt xxlt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,705
Rep Points: 39765
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bengal Thing View Post
Free?
Yes BT, it is a free app. I downloaded it today and it costeth not one penny. I actually was going to use Safari on my i-phone to read some stuff on the boards and I got a prompt telling me there was an application that would improve my viewing - checked it out and it was a freebie.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-02-2013, 10:10 PM
The Bengal Thing's Avatar
The Bengal Thing The Bengal Thing is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 17,212
Rep Points: 44286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlt View Post
Yes BT, it is a free app. I downloaded it today and it costeth not one penny. I actually was going to use Safari on my i-phone to read some stuff on the boards and I got a prompt telling me there was an application that would improve my viewing - checked it out and it was a freebie.
Weird. They must have changed that
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-16-2014, 08:51 PM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,256
Rep Points: 7812
Default

This app is odd. Is there a way to view my User CP from here?

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-16-2014, 11:24 PM
xxlt's Avatar
xxlt xxlt is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 4,705
Rep Points: 39765
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
This app is odd. Is there a way to view my User CP from here?

Sent from my LG-MS870 using Tapatalk
I agree. I found it worked for about a week and then just got really quirky. However, I also noticed the website and MB now work way better when you just go through your regular phone browser than they used to. So, I deleted the ap and just go through my internet browser on my phone and everything works fine. (Have an I-phone, for what it is worth.)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-17-2014, 04:16 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,256
Rep Points: 7812
Default Re: Mobile Forum Access - Message Board App Now Available

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlt View Post
I agree. I found it worked for about a week and then just got really quirky. However, I also noticed the website and MB now work way better when you just go through your regular phone browser than they used to. So, I deleted the ap and just go through my internet browser on my phone and everything works fine. (Have an I-phone, for what it is worth.)
I normally use the web browser. I just deleted the app. Didn't like it.
__________________

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.