Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Smack Talk

Smack Talk Talk trash with fans from opposing teams. Have fun guys and gals, but keep it clean.

Old 12-03-2012, 11:58 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 11513
Default One more... Ed Reed is old...

...and bitter.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...charlie-batch/

According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Ravens safety Bernard Pollard was politely complimenting Batch, when Reed, at the locker next to his, made like the brothers of Delta House on trial or Iceman in Top Gun.

“Bull-[expletive],” Reed said, while trying to mask it with a cough.

“He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard continued.

When asked later if he was surprised by Batch’s game, Reed said: “It is not surprising at all, . . . well, maybe a little bit.”

Awwww....

The old man got his two obligatory turnovers (one that bounced to where he was 20 yards from the play and the other thrown right to him in double coverage so the Ravens' fans can call him the greatest ever.

I do have a serious question: Has Reed tackled anyone in the last four or five years? He looked afraid to even hit yesterday.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13380
Default Re: One more... Ed Reed is old...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdino View Post
...and bitter.

According to Mark Kaboly of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Ravens safety Bernard Pollard was politely complimenting Batch, when Reed, at the locker next to his, made like the brothers of Delta House on trial or Iceman in Top Gun.

“He can make throws, but I look at like we let some things get away,” Pollard continued.

When asked later if he was surprised by Batch’s game, Reed said: “It is not surprising at all, . . . well, maybe a little bit.”

Awwww....

The old man got his two obligatory turnovers (one that bounced to where he was 20 yards from the play and the other thrown right to him in double coverage so the Ravens' fans can call him the greatest ever.

I do have a serious question: Has Reed tackled anyone in the last four or five years? He looked afraid to even hit yesterday.
Typical Dino butthurt post. Dude has 61 Int's in his career yet theyre all luck or theyre all thrown right to him. Im gonna laugh when he and ray lewis get to the hall of fame.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
Typical Dino butthurt post. Dude has 61 Int's in his career yet theyre all luck or theyre all thrown right to him. Im gonna laugh when he and ray lewis get to the hall of fame.
No doubt they will be in the HOF...but if you saw the recovery and INT yesterday you'd know they weren't the "Greatest plays ever" that you'll read about.

Add to that that BOTH have slipped mightily over the last 3-4 years and its even funnier.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….
Rep Points: 28285

I gotta say man...This is your sixth Ed Reed thread since November 16th...I'm pretty sure that constitutes an intervention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
You violate the CoC when you discriminate against gender.
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theCincinnatiKid23 View Post
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12744

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCitySouth View Post
I gotta say man...This is your sixth Ed Reed thread since November 16th...I'm pretty sure that constitutes an intervention.
I was thinking the same thing lol.

If there is one thing I hate more than players complaining its people making threads that those players complaining. The same people will turn around and complain that players won't give good interviews or say what they really mean.

I could care less what Reed says. It is nice to see a player, any player, say what he wants and stop with the PC BS.

Reed had a great carreer and helped make the Steelers/Ravens rivalry what it is. It is no giant secret that he is on the downhill leg of his carreer as he should be.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-03-2012, 12:38 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 644

Quote:
...and bitter.

Awwww....

I have seen Ed lay some good hits this year.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:41 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy757 View Post
I have seen Ed lay some good hits this year.

We're not talking about in Madden...
Old 12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3263

I didn't watch the game, but did Polumalu play the entire game without getting hurt?
Old 12-03-2012, 12:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Location: rfaulk34 is dumb, BTB is dumber...However Neek is the Mt. Everest of dumb….

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
I didn't watch the game, but did Polumalu play the entire game without getting hurt?
yes

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
I'm literally speechless. I've typed so many things I want to say here, but all of them violate the CoC. and I'm a bengals fan. Any biased for sharing a fanbase is out the window with you. Please, do us a favor and become a colts fan.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke0476 View Post
I was thinking the same thing lol.

If there is one thing I hate more than players complaining its people making threads that those players complaining. The same people will turn around and complain that players won't give good interviews or say what they really mean.

I could care less what Reed says. It is nice to see a player, any player, say what he wants and stop with the PC BS.

Reed had a great carreer and helped make the Steelers/Ravens rivalry what it is. It is no giant secret that he is on the downhill leg of his carreer as he should be.
I just think its funny that he's whining when they got beat fair and square.

And if there's one thing I hate its posts complaining about post complaining about players complaining.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:19 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
He's in the news. It was all over twitter and on multiple websites.

I'm a giver...
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
He's in the news. It was all over twitter and on multiple websites.

I'm a giver...
6 threads about the same subject...6

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

Ok...no more posts about Ed Reed.

Where is my plane to fly to me my rehab?

Is it somewhere nice like California like on those intervention shows?

Old 12-03-2012, 01:35 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Ok...no more posts about Ed Reed.

Where is my plane to fly to me my rehab?

Is it somewhere nice like California like on those intervention shows?

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 02:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 13282

Two things I hate....a liar and a thief. Atleast report EVERYTHING the MAN said:

(on squandering the opportunity to clinch the AFC North and knock the Steelers out of contention in the division) “First off, hats off to those guys. They played their heart out. They played smart. It’s always tough playing against the Steelers. [They have] a bunch of great competitors over there, great coaching. You have to know the game is going to be like this, like you said, every time. You know what to expect when playing against the Steelers. We didn’t play our best ball today.”

(on what went wrong in the second half) “I wouldn’t necessarily say went wrong. They made plays. They made adjustments to certain things we were running. They made the plays, and we just have to play with better eyes, better composure and be smarter with the ball. You can’t turn the ball over, and you have to get off the field on third down. I don’t think we did either one.”

(on how surprising it is to be beat by QB Charlie Batch) “It’s not surprising at all; maybe a little bit. (laughter) Charlie Batch is a professional. I’ve been playing against him, and he’s been on that team for a long time. He’s seen Baltimore a whole heck of a lot. With Ben Roethlisberger here and having maybe eight to 10 eyes on me and knowing what I’m doing. He did some good ball movement, ball fakes, pump fakes, that kind of moved me a little bit, but at the same time, like I said, we have to look at ourselves as individuals. This is a team sport, but I think we had a bunch of individual plays out there – not selfish plays – but individual things to where all of us can look back and say, ‘Man, if I’d made that play, if I would have done this, we could have been there.’ Like I said, Pittsburgh is a good team. I’m sure they have stuff that they could correct, too, and they got the better end of it. That’s why it was a field goal to win the game at the end. We just have to regroup. We know this is a journey. We are into the fourth quarter of this thing. We wanted to be 4-0 in the third quarter, but we are not. Now we have the NFC coming up with a tough Denver, New York and Cincinnati and Washington next week. We have a tough schedule coming up. This is far from over. That’s why it’s called a season. It’s kind of like life. You have to be able to make adjustments and go through things, adversity, and it builds character. If it’s going to be tough, we have to regroup from it. We have a veteran group of men.”

Be a man and not a *****!! Have some damn integrity.

BMOREBLITZ
Old 12-03-2012, 02:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 15944

Quote:

At least i have the decency to resurrect my old Flacco thread whenever i want to bash him.

Again and again...
Old 12-03-2012, 02:04 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 12744

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
At least i have the decency to resurrect my old Flacco thread whenever i want to bash him.

Again and again...
Yeah that damn thread has more longevity than Suggs.

"I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play." Jack Lambert.

"The Steelers drafted guys who were bigger, stronger and faster than I, but they never found one who could take my job away from me." Jack Lambert
Old 12-03-2012, 02:13 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoreblitz View Post
Two things I hate....a liar and a thief. Atleast report EVERYTHING the MAN said:

(on squandering the opportunity to clinch the AFC North and knock the Steelers out of contention in the division) “First off, hats off to those guys. They played their heart out. They played smart. It’s always tough playing against the Steelers. [They have] a bunch of great competitors over there, great coaching. You have to know the game is going to be like this, like you said, every time. You know what to expect when playing against the Steelers. We didn’t play our best ball today.”

(on what went wrong in the second half) “I wouldn’t necessarily say went wrong. They made plays. They made adjustments to certain things we were running. They made the plays, and we just have to play with better eyes, better composure and be smarter with the ball. You can’t turn the ball over, and you have to get off the field on third down. I don’t think we did either one.”

(on how surprising it is to be beat by QB Charlie Batch) “It’s not surprising at all; maybe a little bit. (laughter) Charlie Batch is a professional. I’ve been playing against him, and he’s been on that team for a long time. He’s seen Baltimore a whole heck of a lot. With Ben Roethlisberger here and having maybe eight to 10 eyes on me and knowing what I’m doing. He did some good ball movement, ball fakes, pump fakes, that kind of moved me a little bit, but at the same time, like I said, we have to look at ourselves as individuals. This is a team sport, but I think we had a bunch of individual plays out there – not selfish plays – but individual things to where all of us can look back and say, ‘Man, if I’d made that play, if I would have done this, we could have been there.’ Like I said, Pittsburgh is a good team. I’m sure they have stuff that they could correct, too, and they got the better end of it. That’s why it was a field goal to win the game at the end. We just have to regroup. We know this is a journey. We are into the fourth quarter of this thing. We wanted to be 4-0 in the third quarter, but we are not. Now we have the NFC coming up with a tough Denver, New York and Cincinnati and Washington next week. We have a tough schedule coming up. This is far from over. That’s why it’s called a season. It’s kind of like life. You have to be able to make adjustments and go through things, adversity, and it builds character. If it’s going to be tough, we have to regroup from it. We have a veteran group of men.”

Be a man and not a *****!! Have some damn integrity.
I posted the link...and the relevant part to my commentary. Where is the link for the above quotes?

The Ravens got Batchslapped.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77321

I have a hard time dumping on Ed Reed, The guy has some of the most incredible football instincts ever. No doubt he is older and a couple steps slower. But I think 90% of the teams in the league would sign him as a starter today if he were available.

"God gave man a ***** and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood flow to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams
Old 12-03-2012, 02:22 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 77321

Quote:

Yeah... that's getting pretty old.

BTW- Whaddya think about that Costas situation?

"God gave man a ***** and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood flow to run both at the same time." - Robin Williams
Old 12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
Yeah... that's getting pretty old.

BTW- Whaddya think about that Costas situation?

Same thing I think about any one in his position...He has the right to say what he wants however if it costs him his job that's the price he pays.

Quote:
This in responce to MS:

Quote:
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 1762

Quote:
...and bitter.

Awwww....

He is just ticked that a 37 year old quarterback beat the Ravens. Speaking of which did anyone catch the article where in the beginning they were questioning Flacco's ability to lead this team to the super bowl, then they do a flip flop and say he can.

After the game, Flacco said he felt like the Ravens "could have put up 30 or 40 points today," and he was right.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...burgh-steelers

Last edited by silenetwolf; 12-03-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13380

Quote:
No doubt they will be in the HOF...but if you saw the recovery and INT yesterday you'd know they weren't the "Greatest plays ever" that you'll read about.

Add to that that BOTH have slipped mightily over the last 3-4 years and its even funnier.
I have been watching ed reed a long time and the guy has made some incredible plays in his career. Yet you rail on him everytime he makes a play as if it wasnt a good play. Ya dont get 61 INT's in your career just by cherry picking or just standing around and having the ball just come to him. Which is essentially what you are always saying. And what he has done after he gets the INT is usually impressive as well. He has had some really good runbacks after getting the INT as well. Your ravens bitterness is truly disturbing.

And of course theyve slipped a bit, theyve been in the league for years. You wanna see a player that is a shell of his former self? Thatll be troy polomalu. Watch what happens to him. Lets discount everything he has done his entire career now that he isnt the same as he was in his prime.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3784

Quote:
Originally Posted by browns town bengal View Post
You'll probably cry though. Munoz will still be the only bengal inducted when that happens.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:50 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2088

Quote:

andcounting