Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,220
Rep Points: 7085
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
QB making an important tackle from a turnover!!!




QB diving into endzone for a touchdown.



What say you???


Note: Yeah, yeah we know he really never made it in.

Marvin Lewis shucks
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:27 AM
BabaBoey31's Avatar
BabaBoey31 BabaBoey31 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eastgate
Posts: 71
Rep Points: 74
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

You are insane. Risk a QB for a possible 4 pts? Just stupid. I would rather see him run the other way and avoid anything to do with the play. You know a def is going to head hunt a QB.

2 mistakes don't make a right.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Shady's Avatar
Shady Shady is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 10,180
Rep Points: 23720
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
If you're going to use that response, then I will argue that he risked injury just by sprinting toward the guy with the ball... WHY? BLIND HEADHUNTER BLOCKS!

He could have gotten himself creamed, anyway, so why run all that way and at least not make an attempt? By that point, even a "half-hearted" attempt would have been better than nothing.
He dove into the end zone for the winning score. I'm not worried about his heart.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-03-2012, 10:39 AM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,040
Rep Points: 19224
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

It's because, and I forget what game it was, after an interception yesterday, a quarterback was looking back, trying to get into a position to make the tackle, and the defender just blind-sided him and I think it put him out of the game (at least temporarily).

I'd rather give up a pick 6 (which is unlikely), than I would losing our quarterback for any time.
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:13 PM
McC's Avatar
McC McC is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 14,521
Rep Points: 20728
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I still kinda want the "fearless" Dalton back!
Fearless is one thing. Foolish is another. Live to fight another day.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:17 PM
Hammerthis Hammerthis is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX.
Posts: 2,094
Rep Points: 1400
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Last season vs. Jacksonville, Dalton threw an INT, but then prevented a TD with a fantastic upending tackle at about the 5 yard line. Jax ends up settling for a FG, and it could have been the difference in the game.
(There's a thread about it, here.... http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=87861)
Yesterday, after throwing the first pick, he basically sprints to the sideline and makes NO ATTEMPT to tackle! WTF!?
One of the things that I admired about Dalton from the very beginning was the grit and fire in his demeanor and his play... I hope he's not starting to lose that.
I don't want him to become another Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez!
Grit & fire from a QB in this Era? Lol. QBs are treated like "Prey OUT of season" on the field.
IMHO there's only a few "genuinely tough" QBs around and the rest are tough by image only.The rules protecting QB's encourages and somtimes rewards them for being soft. Example: when they slide before being tackled they get a pass.
I don't expect most QBs to tackle because it's hard to go from prey to predator, She-rah to He-rah in a split second.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM
henrizzle's Avatar
henrizzle henrizzle is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 2,233
Rep Points: 1282
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Ask Bears fans about this. Cutler just barely touched a guy, then bam, he's out for the rest of the season and their season's over.
__________________

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:25 PM
BengalB BengalB is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: 'Nati
Posts: 609
Rep Points: 1053
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Last season vs. Jacksonville, Dalton threw an INT, but then prevented a TD with a fantastic upending tackle at about the 5 yard line. Jax ends up settling for a FG, and it could have been the difference in the game.
(There's a thread about it, here.... http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=87861)

Yesterday, after throwing the first pick, he basically sprints to the sideline and makes NO ATTEMPT to tackle! WTF!?

One of the things that I admired about Dalton from the very beginning was the grit and fire in his demeanor and his play... I hope he's not starting to lose that.

I don't want him to become another Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez!
If he takes on the blocker, or tries to tackle the dude with the ball, he very well could become another CP9. CP9 after the knee injury...

Better for him to "play it safe" rather than get hurt doing something "brave".

It was an ugly win, but a win all the same. Lots for them to learn from that game yesterday. I think it's good for them and they'll realize they gotta work and fight, not just rest on their laurels (so to speak).
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Tomkat's Avatar
Tomkat Tomkat is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,538
Rep Points: 2324
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerthis View Post
Grit & fire from a QB in this Era? Lol.
So are you saying Dalton has none?
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by theWhoDeyKid View Post
We all know if there is an endzone in heaven, Chris is going to find it. Rest in eternal peace Chris "Slim" Henry

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is online now
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,385
Rep Points: 35123
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I expected those types of replies...

What about just diving at the guys ankles, or giving him a shove toward the sideline?

ANYTHING?
Heres the Thing he has 2 Options

1. Make sure hes healthy so he can come back make up for his mistake and lead us to victory.

or

2. Do everything possible to make the tackle. Possibly get hurt and watch the playoffs slip away..

right now with so much on the line like breaking a 30 year streak etc Id prefer him to stay healthy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:36 PM
Bengalzona's Avatar
Bengalzona Bengalzona is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Petting L'il Sebastian
Posts: 24,755
Rep Points: 78466
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Last season vs. Jacksonville, Dalton threw an INT, but then prevented a TD with a fantastic upending tackle at about the 5 yard line. Jax ends up settling for a FG, and it could have been the difference in the game.
(There's a thread about it, here.... http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=87861)

Yesterday, after throwing the first pick, he basically sprints to the sideline and makes NO ATTEMPT to tackle! WTF!?

One of the things that I admired about Dalton from the very beginning was the grit and fire in his demeanor and his play... I hope he's not starting to lose that.

I don't want him to become another Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez!
I noticed that too. I don't think he is wussing out. I think he has been instructed not to by all the coaches and perhaps even the franchise. I can't say they are necessarily wrong. He and AJ are the great hopes of our offense. We can't afford to lose him to an injury.
__________________
A message to the team:
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:39 PM
BengalDawg BengalDawg is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 250
Rep Points: 487
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
It's because, and I forget what game it was, after an interception yesterday, a quarterback was looking back, trying to get into a position to make the tackle, and the defender just blind-sided him and I think it put him out of the game (at least temporarily).

I'd rather give up a pick 6 (which is unlikely), than I would losing our quarterback for any time.

See aaron murray vs alabama. No attempt to stop the play and he got creamed
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:49 PM
Tommy Casanova 72-77 Tommy Casanova 72-77 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,473
Rep Points: 1302
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
He basically just sprinted in the general direction of the guy with the ball.
If he wanted to truly play it safe, he should have just stood there.

Instead, he basically did the worst things possible... put himself in harms way, and not even attempting a tackle while doing so.
Well to be fair.... he did f...art in his general direction.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 12-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Helldog's Avatar
Helldog Helldog is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: paradise
Posts: 4,220
Rep Points: 7085
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Casanova 72-77 View Post
Well to be fair.... he did f...art in his general direction.

Must of been an air biscuit as it didn't do much damage.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:20 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 22,250
Rep Points: 24321
bengals Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
Last season vs. Jacksonville, Dalton threw an INT, but then prevented a TD with a fantastic upending tackle at about the 5 yard line. Jax ends up settling for a FG, and it could have been the difference in the game.
(There's a thread about it, here.... http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=87861)

Yesterday, after throwing the first pick, he basically sprints to the sideline and makes NO ATTEMPT to tackle! WTF!?

One of the things that I admired about Dalton from the very beginning was the grit and fire in his demeanor and his play... I hope he's not starting to lose that.

I don't want him to become another Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez!
Seriously dude go away. That is seriously what you want to come in and start a thread about? I would prefer my franchise QB not to try and tackle a LB. Just shows that even when winning they will never be happy.

What would have been really cool would be for him to show how gritty he is and hit the guy as hard as he can and break his collarbone or seriously injure his throwing shoulder. See now that would be awesome wouldn't it? And while we are losing without him we could talk about how gritty he is as a player.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Tomkat's Avatar
Tomkat Tomkat is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,538
Rep Points: 2324
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
Seriously dude go away. That is seriously what you want to come in and start a thread about? I would prefer my franchise QB not to try and tackle a LB. Just shows that even when winning they will never be happy.

What would have been really cool would be for him to show how gritty he is and hit the guy as hard as he can and break his collarbone or seriously injure his throwing shoulder. See now that would be awesome wouldn't it? And while we are losing without him we could talk about how gritty he is as a player.


If it was the 4th quarter in a close game? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'd want him to at least ATTEMPT to make a tackle.

Given that it was only the 2nd quarter, and the TD only put them up by 4... I'm more inclined to give him a pass, in retrospect.

Sorry, I want a football player at the QB position, not a wuss.

Besides, Dalton made up for it with the TD dive late in the 4th quarter... I still love the guy (wear HIS jersey on Sundays)... I just don't want him to change.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by theWhoDeyKid View Post
We all know if there is an endzone in heaven, Chris is going to find it. Rest in eternal peace Chris "Slim" Henry

Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 12-03-2012, 02:39 PM
Johnny Cupcakes's Avatar
Johnny Cupcakes Johnny Cupcakes is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: The District
Posts: 12,490
Rep Points: 23556
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

In the gameday thread, everyone was complaining about this exact same thing. Now in here, everyone is backing him up.

My opinion: Finish the play. Don't make excuses like "garble garble garble injury". The guy risks injury every single time that he drops back for a pass. Making a tackle when you have the ability and chance to do so is what you're supposed to do in football. A tackle there could have very well stopped them from getting the TD, and with how close it came in the end....I'll take those extra four points all day, every day.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Hammerthis Hammerthis is offline
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Fort Worth, TX.
Posts: 2,094
Rep Points: 1400
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
So are you saying Dalton has none?
I was saying (Without mentioning names) in general "Most QBs today are tough in image only."
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Tomkat's Avatar
Tomkat Tomkat is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,538
Rep Points: 2324
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
In the gameday thread, everyone was complaining about this exact same thing. Now in here, everyone is backing him up.

My opinion: Finish the play. Don't make excuses like "garble garble garble injury". The guy risks injury every single time that he drops back for a pass. Making a tackle when you have the ability and chance to do so is what you're supposed to do in football. A tackle there could have very well stopped them from getting the TD, and with how close it came in the end....I'll take those extra four points all day, every day.
TOTALLY AGREE! Thank you!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by theWhoDeyKid View Post
We all know if there is an endzone in heaven, Chris is going to find it. Rest in eternal peace Chris "Slim" Henry

Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:19 PM
caddie's Avatar
caddie caddie is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hell, Virginia.
Posts: 2,424
Rep Points: 1581
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
I expected those types of replies...

What about just diving at the guys ankles, or giving him a shove toward the sideline?

ANYTHING?
I don't want Dalton having any part of Demorrio Williams with a full head of steam and his eye on the endzone.
__________________
Joe From Flo is my Idol. :joe:
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 12-03-2012, 03:35 PM
The Great Sanu's Avatar
The Great Sanu The Great Sanu is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 534
Rep Points: 1262
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
QB diving at the guys ankles making an important tackle from a turnover!!!




QB diving into endzone for a touchdown.



What say you???


Note: Yeah, yeah we know he really never made it in.
6-5, 241 lbs vs 6-2 220 lbs. Roethlisberger is bigger than many defenders and even considering that, look how often he is injured and misses games.
__________________

Last edited by The Great Sanu; 12-03-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
DelawareBengal's Avatar
DelawareBengal DelawareBengal is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Smyrna, DE
Posts: 715
Rep Points: 406
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

I invite any of the Dalton doubters to stand in the pocket with him during an NFL game (or take his place) and find out how much of a wuss he is.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM
OSUfan's Avatar
OSUfan OSUfan is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: vandalia, ohio
Posts: 22,250
Rep Points: 24321
bengals Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat View Post
If it was the 4th quarter in a close game? YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I'd want him to at least ATTEMPT to make a tackle.

Given that it was only the 2nd quarter, and the TD only put them up by 4... I'm more inclined to give him a pass, in retrospect.

Sorry, I want a football player at the QB position, not a wuss.

Besides, Dalton made up for it with the TD dive late in the 4th quarter... I still love the guy (wear HIS jersey on Sundays)... I just don't want him to change.
Love you see you stand infront of him and call him a wuss. Nothing like seeing someone beaten like a reheaded step child by a redhead.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:30 PM
IllWill IllWill is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bengaldom
Posts: 383
Rep Points: 182
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalzona View Post
I noticed that too. I don't think he is wussing out. I think he has been instructed not to by all the coaches and perhaps even the franchise. I can't say they are necessarily wrong. He and AJ are the great hopes of our offense. We can't afford to lose him to an injury.
I agree with this. Coaches teach their QB to manage the game. On an interception ya gotta look at two things: The clock and the score. If there's enough time to make the points up, you better believe the QB won't risk getting his butt handed to him by a defender with a clear shot. (BTW, am I the only one who thinks Dalton put that ball a bit high for Jones?)
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 PM
bradfritz21's Avatar
bradfritz21 bradfritz21 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Northern Kentucky
Posts: 11,040
Rep Points: 19224
Default Re: When did Dalton start wussing out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDawg View Post
See aaron murray vs alabama. No attempt to stop the play and he got creamed
Actually, that was the game I was thinking of........... good call
__________________
.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.