Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 02:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224
bengals Roster Moves

We have to do something. First Sanu and now Peerman.

"Running back Cedric Peerman could be out a while, although indications are he didn't break his ankle and isn't out for the year. But he left the locker room with his foot in a boot and with crutches."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...b-f6e2a5d15d70

Time to do somthing. Now is not the time to wait on guys to get healthy. We need bodies now. I'd assume Sanu's spot goes to Cook. But rolling with two healthy HBs while waiting on Peerman to get healthy is not an option. I could understand going with 3 HBs while Sanu was healthy because he could obviously fill in in a pinch.

But now we are down two offensive skill position guys. Gonna have to find a HB and I'm not sure Herron is the guy. But he knows the playbook so it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:51 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2649
Default Re: Roster Moves

Just when we started getting the offense rolling two big parts of it became injured.

Herron at this point is our only option because I just don't trust Leonard to be that change of pace back.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1909

Jerome Harrison is available. Just 2 years removed from his 286 yard rushing day against the Chiefs. Was very solid for the Eagles last year in a backup role. Sometimes you ask yourself how some players make it in this league and how some players manage to stay in the league.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Roster Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikairius View Post
Just when we started getting the offense rolling two big parts of it became injured.

Herron at this point is our only option because I just don't trust Leonard to be that change of pace back.
If Herro is our only option, we are in trouble.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:54 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 579

It is not like we used Peerman in the game they gave him 2 carries so even if Peerman was healthy we prolly would not use the guy anyway.I am a big Peerman fan just not a fan of the coaches.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:55 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsBong View Post
It is not like we used Peerman in the game they gave him 2 carries so even if Peerman was healthy we prolly would not use the guy anyway.I am a big Peerman fan just not a fan of the coaches.
They have done a good job of using him as a COP back....in the last few weeks. How are you complaining about this now? He was hurt......so obviously he was of no use yesterday.
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5765

The amount of Buckeye homers on these boards is mind boggling. Herron is on the PS and hasn't been picked up by anyone for a reason. And you all think he is going to come in and be the #2 RB??
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2999

Quote:

Because Herron is a change of pace back? Oh wait...
Old 12-03-2012, 02:56 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals85 View Post
Jerome Harrison is available. Just 2 years removed from his 286 yard rushing day against the Chiefs. Was very solid for the Eagles last year in a backup role. Sometimes you ask yourself how some players make it in this league and how some players manage to stay in the league.
I think he is done in the NFL because he has a heart condition that could be very dangerous to play with. If I remember right.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31722

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
We have to do something. First Sanu and now Peerman.

"Running back Cedric Peerman could be out a while, although indications are he didn't break his ankle and isn't out for the year. But he left the locker room with his foot in a boot and with crutches."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...b-f6e2a5d15d70

Time to do somthing. Now is not the time to wait on guys to get healthy. We need bodies now. I'd assume Sanu's spot goes to Cook. But rolling with two healthy HBs while waiting on Peerman to get healthy is not an option. I could understand going with 3 HBs while Sanu was healthy because he could obviously fill in in a pinch.

But now we are down two offensive skill position guys. Gonna have to find a HB and I'm not sure Herron is the guy. But he knows the playbook so it wouldn't surprise me.
Calm sir... Bengals back in town today will get peerman checked out and start making calls to have guys come in for workouts tomorrow.

Unfortanetly these injuries come late in the season where are only opitions are Practice Squad (ours or anyones ) Or someone on the sTreet..

Whats LT doing?

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4962

You guys do realize BJGE just ran for over 100 yards three times in a row right? I like Peerman as a change of pace, but BJGE is doing fine on his own right now.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Casanova 72-77 View Post
They have done a good job of using him as a COP back....in the last few weeks. How are you complaining about this now? He was hurt......so obviously he was of no use yesterday.
They gave Leonard a carry before they let Peerman touch the ball that tells you Peerman is still the thrid and last choice at RB.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:01 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey1302 View Post
The amount of Buckeye homers on these boards is mind boggling. Herron is on the PS and hasn't been picked up by anyone for a reason. And you all think he is going to come in and be the #2 RB??
He knows the offense, we know he is in shape opposed to bringing in a a FA. He will only be getting 5-10 carries. He has a stronger frame than Leonard. At this point grinding out the game with just BJGE is not an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OchoCincos View Post
Because Herron is a change of pace back? Oh wait...
Any rotation is a change of pace. Any fresh running back will have a bigger impact than the one that you have used the first 30 mins of the game.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
You guys do realize BJGE just ran for over 100 yards three times in a row right? I like Peerman as a change of pace, but BJGE is doing fine on his own right now.
Yes but we still looking for someone to hold down that roster spot.

But i guess we have been doing it with just 2 guys all year.

Leonard will be useful and can run hard.

we could look to the past.
Watson Doresy J Johnson (the r

but i dont know where they are. Practice squad RBS are pretty thin but we have a roster spot for help with sanu on IR

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-03-2012, 03:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
He knows the offense, we know he is in shape opposed to bringing in a a FA. He will only be getting 5-10 carries. He has a stronger frame than Leonard. At this point grinding out the game with just BJGE is not an option.
Not an option? Only because you want Herron up with the big kids.

BJGE has rushed for 100+ in the past 3 games. And he hasn't done it because Peerman or some other back has been getting 5-8 carries.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 4962

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Yes but we still looking for someone to hold down that roster spot.

But i guess we have been doing it with just 2 guys all year.

Leonard will be useful and can run hard.

we could look to the past.
Watson Doresy J Johnson (the r

but i dont know where they are. Practice squad RBS are pretty thin but we have a roster spot for help with sanu on IR
Herron can fill the post if that's what you are looking for. I wouldn't worry about this as it is very minor in the grand scheme of things.
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29490

Quote:
Herron isn't going to make anyone forget Peerman. But the way the line is run blocking all he really needs to do is give Bennie a rest every once in a while and not urn the ball over.

Just because science can explain it doesn't mean God didn't do it.
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2999

Quote:

Any rotation is a change of pace. Any fresh running back will have a bigger impact than the one that you have used the first 30 mins of the game.
This is false. You are making an exaggerated statement that ANY fresh RB will do better than one used for the first half of a game. You still have to take into account skill of both the starter and reliever. I'm willing to bet Adrian Peterson would outperform Herron, even if Adrian Peterson were used the first half of the game and Herron didn't see the field all game until the second half.

Also, I have a different definition of change of pace back than you do. Change of pace RB, to me, is one who is a different style of RB that modifies the pace of the offense from the primary RB (slower or faster). Considering BJGE is a pounder, a COP RB would be, to me, a much faster RB that can get to the edge and take it to the house. But to each their own.

Last edited by OchoCincos; 12-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714
bengals Re: Roster Moves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Au165 View Post
This.

I love Peerman's explosiveness, and he has been pretty productive. However, the line seems to have finally really come together and are getting much better blocking. BJGE is hitting the holes much harder because they're staying open longer for him. It would be good to have a change of pace back in there, but i think Leonard can suffice for now. Yesterday was the test of how well we were actually running the ball since San Diego was ranked 6th, I believe, against the run going into the game. We seemed to run just as well as we did against poor defenses. The run game is going again, we should be alright. Not an ideal situation but Cincinnati may have to tough it out for a week.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:

BJGE has rushed for 100+ in the past 3 games. And he hasn't done it because Peerman or some other back has been getting 5-8 carries.

If you think I am a Herron fanboy you have the wrong guy. BJGE has ran for 100+3 times because of the O-line. Never claimed otherwise.

We are down 2 running backs already. If you think not brining in Herron to prevent us from going down to 1 if BJGE or Leonard get injured is fine then that is your opinion but the other question is who takes over Peermans spot on Special Teams.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Veteran Member

Quote:

With Peerman in a boot and if BJGE gets dinged up and get put out of the game you are going to have Leonard carry the load.You have to have back ups in football we are not playing golf here.BTW nobody is dogging BJGE everyone is happy he is doing good but we need a #2.

Last edited by BengalsBong; 12-03-2012 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
If you think I am a Herron fanboy you have the wrong guy. BJGE has ran for 100+3 times because of the O-line. Never claimed otherwise.

We are down 2 running backs already. If you think not brining in Herron to prevent us from going down to 1 if BJGE or Leonard get injured is fine then that is your opinion but the other question is who takes over Peermans spot on Special Teams.
I think with the limited action that the #2 RB is getting, Brian Leonard is more than capable to handle that load.

The special teams question is a good one.

Has it been reported that Peerman is going to lose significant time? They put players in protective boots all the time in this league. I believe Whitworth has spent more time in a boot than he has in his cleats, but he plays every Sunday.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 5082

Free agent pool is nearly as bad as the practice squads around the league at this point.

the few interesting options:
WR:
Junior Hemmingway, Chiefs
B.J. Cunningham, Eagles

RB:
-none-
We asked him about the time he fumbled without being hit and the time he threw an interception without being pressured and the other pick he threw -- under pressure but stupidly off his back foot toward double coverage. All of that happened on three consecutive possession, a 10-minute fusillade of fail that turned a one-possession game into a blowout loss...

Last edited by Burma; 12-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Quote:

3 more carries and he matches his career high. I would like to have the guy healthy and not worn out come playoff time. Having another healthy back that can carry some of the load is a must. Not to mention replacing Peerman on ST is another thing we must figure out.

It's nothing against BJGE but if we start giving the guy 30 touches a game now I don't think we are doing ourselves any favors. And its not hyping up Herron. Herron just becomes the obvious option because he knows the playbook. But from what I understand HB is one of the easier positions to pick up the playbook.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NATI BENGALS View Post
3 more carries and he matches his career high. I would like to have the guy healthy and not worn out come playoff time. Having another healthy back that can carry some of the load is a must. Not to mention replacing Peerman on ST is another thing we must figure out.

It's nothing against BJGE but if we start giving the guy 30 touches a game now I don't think we are doing ourselves any favors. And its not hyping up Herron. Herron just becomes the obvious option because he knows the playbook. But from what I understand HB is one of the easier positions to pick up the playbook.
Sooooooo, you want to take some of the load off of the guy down the stretch who will be Reason #1C if the Bengals make the playoffs?

That reason makes sense if the Bengals are in the Texans position. You don't start giving guys a little bit of rest if your team is currently 7th out of 6 teams trying to reach the playoffs.

That is the epitome of what Marvin Lewis has been accused of doing at times: Playing not to lose rather than playing to win.