Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > The NFL Draft

The NFL Draft Year-round discussion of all aspects of the NFL Draft, including a subforum specifically dedicated to mock drafts.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 118
Default Re: Montee Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsman1983 View Post
Ball is the product of the Wisconsin offensive line. I bet he runs a 4.70 40 yard dash.
I hate this argument. Every running back, with the exception of Payton and B. Sanders, is a product of their line. Isn't that why all of us wanted the Bengals to draft an elite guard in the first round. No back can be great if they are constantly getting hit in the backfield. You need to look at effort and vision. Ball has both of those. He is very patient and waits for the hole to be created then hits it hard. He also has a nose for the endzone when he gets in that 10 yd line. Dont get me wrong he is not perfect but who is. He is definately one of my favorites and was dissapointed when he decided to stay. So YES i would love for Ball to be in stripes next year.

Oh yeah Arian Foster ran a 4.69 40 would you say no to him?

WhoDey4ever!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdaddy08 View Post
I hate this argument. Every running back, with the exception of Payton and B. Sanders, is a product of their line. Isn't that why all of us wanted the Bengals to draft an elite guard in the first round. No back can be great if they are constantly getting hit in the backfield. You need to look at effort and vision. Ball has both of those. He is very patient and waits for the hole to be created then hits it hard. He also has a nose for the endzone when he gets in that 10 yd line. Dont get me wrong he is not perfect but who is. He is definately one of my favorites and was dissapointed when he decided to stay. So YES i would love for Ball to be in stripes next year.

WhoDey4ever!!!
I'm thinking if Ball runs great again this year, and he's available in the 3rd round we should definitely think about drafting him.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 28783

Quote:
Originally Posted by busamboy View Post
If he was a good prospect, why would he go back to school right when he had all those touchdowns? His stock really can't get any higher.
Neither could Luck's two years ago and he went back. Some actually love their colleges and feel like they have something to finish. Happens much more in football than basketball.

-Stewwy
---------------------------------------------------
ESPN has the journalistic integrity of a turnip!
Old 05-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewy View Post
Neither could Luck's two years ago and he went back. Some actually love their colleges and feel like they have something to finish. Happens much more in football than basketball.
I like a person who does that. He sets goals, gets a diploma, and follows up on his commitment.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1128

I don't think Ball would be a long term solution. I love his experience in a pro style offense, but byt the time next December, he'll have about 900 carries on him. Leaving on average for running backs 1100 consistent carries, avg. about 300 carries a year, that's a good 4 years and then well be looking for another long term solution. We already have a short term in BGE, lets get a RB who'll last us a good 8 years, not half that.

Montee Ball's carries: 568 - espn

I like his talent skills, but would've rather had him in this years 3rd round.

huh, funny I already posted a reply on this topic regarding getting Ball if he was consistent... change of heart happens...

CINwillWIN is the man

Last edited by Natikid873; 05-12-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:36 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post
I don't think Ball would be a long term solution. I love his experience in a pro style offense, but byt the time next December, he'll have about 900 carries on him. Leaving on average for running backs 1100 consistent carries, avg. about 300 carries a year, that's a good 4 years and then well be looking for another long term solution. We already have a short term in BGE, lets get a RB who'll last us a good 8 years, not half that.

huh, funny I already posted a reply on this topic regarding getting Ball if he was consistent... change of heart happens...

I understand what you are saying about the crries total but I think you forgot that we have a RBBC. Meaning he is going to get about half that which would be about 150 carries. I dont think drafting Ball would stop us from that system. That would mean we get 7 or 8 years and that is pretty good to me. Maybe now you will have another change of heart.

WhoDey4ever!!!
Old 11-29-2012, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 330

http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11...99&feedID=5059

A good piece on Montee Ball. Seriously I love the guy and hope all the best in the NFL. Hope to see him in stripes, but unfortunately I don't think he's worth of a 2nd rounder. Heck, I don't see any RB worthy of better than a late 2nd rounder.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natikid873 View Post

Number of carries is a silly slam. In Ray Rice's last 2 years in college he had 335 and 380 carries.
Old 11-30-2012, 12:45 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26333
bengals Re: Montee Ball

I like Ball and would be happy if we drafted him.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13302

i liked Ball too, but you guys have made me second guess him with all the negative crit over the last year. he's run well with the new line so only real issue i have is his amount of carries. interesting stat about ray rice tho.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_828 View Post
Imagine if we add Montee Ball to the Bengals roster next year? Here's some footage of the two of them playing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phahBI8uxKw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jiBNpAjpNI

I want them both as a Bengal!
No thank you. However, would like to add one of several other good backs in the draft such as Bernard, Gilleslee, or Randle.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:05 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkysylvanelf View Post
http://www.foxsportswisconsin.com/11...99&feedID=5059

A good piece on Montee Ball. Seriously I love the guy and hope all the best in the NFL. Hope to see him in stripes, but unfortunately I don't think he's worth of a 2nd rounder. Heck, I don't see any RB worthy of better than a late 2nd rounder.
You ain't been watching then. Oh course Ball is not one of them.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUfan View Post
You ain't been watching then. Oh course Ball is not one of them.
Well, Will see after the combine anyway, but my judging right now is based on value & need. Even though i've seen some nice things from all the running backs aforemention, I don't see any RBs who have the value of Pead & James, who were 2nd rounders last year. But, hey it's my opinion & a lot can change in 4-5 months.

Last edited by Funkysylvanelf; 12-03-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:22 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 38718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camdaddy08 View Post
I hate this argument.

Every team in the NFL did numerous times.