Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16528
Default New Picture of George Zimmerman Released

This photo of Zimmerman in the back of the cop car was finally released:

It's obviously bloody and looks kind of like it might be broken.

Quote:
O'Mara said he received the digital image from prosecutors after repeated demands by his office and he posted it Monday on Zimmerman's defense website.
Why wouldn't the prosecution release this until now? Is it because they knew that it would give Zimmerman's story come credibility and allow the media frenzy to die down some? Everybody and their dead grandmother knows about this storty by now, and, given that it will be a jury of common people, is the prosecution just hoping that people would have made up their mind that Zimmerman's guilty before anything could persuade them that maybe Zimmerman was acting in self-defense?

Very immoral, actually downright evil, if that is what happened.

I'm not positive about exactly what happened, and I don't think too many people are but this throws a wrench into things. Will it have come too late to matter? Is that what the prosecution was aiming for?

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:15 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7039
Default Re: New Picture of George Zimmerman Released

Die down? I thought it was dead and buried. I completely forgot about this case and thought prosecutors were hoping it would just go away.

Oh well, if he's guilty, fry him or whatever. If he's innocent, leave him alone.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46640

The delay in providing this digital image to the defense has zero effect on the defense or prosecution. If they had waited until the day before the trial it would have been different, but that is still months away.

Also this injury is not even an issue. The prosecution will admit that there was a physical confrontation between Zimmer and Martin. They will also admit that Zimmer was injured. The question is who started it, and this photo adds no information about that at all.

The big question is why the defense attorney decided to release it to the media and make it public. That's not proper. I am guessing the judge may soon issue an order against releasing any more evidence to the public before the trial.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19797

No, check with the Treyvon apologists. Zim was never injured. This is obviously photo-shopped...
Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8948

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
No, check with the Treyvon apologists. Zim was never injured. This is obviously photo-shopped...
That photo could've been taken at anytime at any place. Prove Treyvon caused those injuries. I'm kidding. I don't care.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
That photo could've been taken at anytime at any place. Prove Treyvon caused those injuries. I'm kidding. I don't care.
The injuries are irrelevant to the case. The Prosecution will not try to deny that there was a fight and that Zimmer was injured. That has nothing to do with proving who started it.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6663

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
The delay in providing this digital image to the defense has zero effect on the defense or prosecution. If they had waited until the day before the trial it would have been different, but that is still months away.

Also this injury is not even an issue. The prosecution will admit that there was a physical confrontation between Zimmer and Martin. They will also admit that Zimmer was injured. The question is who started it, and this photo adds no information about that at all.

The big question is why the defense attorney decided to release it to the media and make it public. That's not proper. I am guessing the judge may soon issue an order against releasing any more evidence to the public before the trial.
It's obvious why the defense chose to release the photo Fred. This case has drawn national attention and will be watched by a lot of people. The Martin family and prosecution started their propaganda campaign months ago using smiling photos of a young,happy Martin looking like an innocent kid. Which he may be, none of us really know what happened that night except Martin and Zimmer. With Martin not around to defend his side of the story I got a feeling that Zimmer will say as little as possible while on the stand.
This was the defense's way of making their client look like the victim in the eyes of the public. Simple "tit for tat" really.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmcneil71 View Post
The Martin family and prosecution started their propaganda campaign months ago using smiling photos of a young,happy Martin looking like an innocent kid.
Releasing a photo of the victim smiling is no more propaganda than showing a photo of Zimmerman smiling. I've seen plenty of both.

Releasing a photo from the night of the attack is a whole different story. Like I said I expect the judge to put out an order against this sort of stuff.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17590

I saw the words "Trayvon Martin", and immediately knew that Fred would be here. I too forgot about this case until just now. The media turned it into sooooo much more than it should have been. People are killed every day, but for some reason this case was thrust into public eye. I stand by the idea that what Zimmerman did was wrong, but evidence will not convict him of murder. Possibly a lower negligence style charge, but not murder.

Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:

What I'm saying is that they didn't release it to draw up emotion from the public and maybe even pressure Zimmerman into pleading guilty.

Had this photo come out sooner, it would have looked like Zimmerman was fighting for his life, but, since they waited this long, everybody is thinking that Zimmerman was just acting violently.

Zimmerman may have not had a right to follow Martin the way he did or anything, but you've only heard the story and pictures that make it sound like Zimmerman was in no danger and just killed a kid for the fun of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
He could have slipped and hit his head while he was getting into the police car.

Visit my site or if you know of any schools, companies, youth groups, etc., that are in need of a public speaker.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I saw the words "Trayvon Martin", and immediately knew that Fred would be here. I too forgot about this case until just now. The media turned it into sooooo much more than it should have been. People are killed every day, but for some reason this case was thrust into public eye. I stand by the idea that what Zimmerman did was wrong, but evidence will not convict him of murder. Possibly a lower negligence style charge, but not murder.
Voluntary manslaughter.

Xbox Gamertag L4WL3SS 1 (360 and One)

Follow me on Twitter @Lawless_1
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
you've only heard the story and pictures that make it sound like Zimmerman was in no danger and just killed a kid for the fun of it..
Only if you have had your head buried in the sand.

Seriously, Brad, when you say things like this it makes me laugh. We've all seen the photos of Zimmers bleeding head. We have all heard Zimmers version of the events. It was all over the news, and his defense team even made a video to release made at the scene of the crime. Zimmers friends and family have been shown on every news network defending his actions.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7039

If the picture has no bearing on the case, why wait so long to release it?
Old 12-03-2012, 11:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6663

Quote:
Releasing a photo of the victim smiling is no more propaganda than showing a photo of Zimmerman smiling. I've seen plenty of both.

Releasing a photo from the night of the attack is a whole different story. Like I said I expect the judge to put out an order against this sort of stuff.
Propaganda may have been the wrong word to choose.
Perhaps I should have used the words "media campaign". Both parties are currently guilty of this.That is why I feel that the defense decided to release this photo.
I agree with you and think the judge will soon put an end to this type of stuff.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:27 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Only if you have had your head buried in the sand.

Seriously, Brad, when you say things like this it makes me laugh. We've all seen the photos of Zimmers bleeding head. We have all heard Zimmers version of the events. It was all over the news, and his defense team even made a video to release made at the scene of the crime. Zimmers friends and family have been shown on every news network defending his actions.
Really?

We've seen the back of his head with a small stream of blood, which everyone said "was no big deal and he was in no danger," but when did we see him bleeding from the nose like this?

In fact, weren't you one of the ones saying that Zimmerman was wrong?

Search back into the archives.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17877

Quote:

I was about to say it seems a little weird that a judge would allow this picture released if it was evidence, especially so long after pics were already leaked. It really just doesn't make sense to leak this now, unless they want to remind the American public of the racial divide in this case.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 17854

As much as I have to be unbiased because there is no indisputable evidence...

The dude either killed Trayvon because he was racist or he was a big wuss who couldn't handle someone significantly lighter than himself.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
If the picture has no bearing on the case, why wait so long to release it?
Here is the story. the Prosecution originally provided a black and white copy of this photo to the defense months ago. The defense requested a color copy which was provided. The defense was not satisfied with this so they asked for the original digital copy. That was what was recently provided by the prosecution.

This is common procedure when the state provides discovery. The defense is just running to the media wiuth every little thing because they are desperate to win this case in the media instead of in the courtroom. It is improper for them to make abig deal about this. the trial is still months away. The delay in receiving the digital image has zero effect on their defense. They are playing games and I bet the judge will stop them.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3270

Point being what?

This guy shot an unarmed kid.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34434

1. This photo does nothing to prove one way or the other because as Fred said, the big question is who instigated it.

2. A broken/bloody nose and some superficial lacerations on the head from someone coming at you with fists is not justification for shooting someone, especially when you have the upper hand physically. No matter the outcome of this trial, no matter the laws in Florida, Zimmerman is a murderer in my eyes. Shooting an unarmed person like that because you're losing a fight just makes you craven.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
MB HOF Inductee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradfritz21 View Post
Really?

We've seen the back of his head with a small stream of blood, which everyone said "was no big deal and he was in no danger," but when did we see him bleeding from the nose like this?

In fact, weren't you one of the ones saying that Zimmerman was wrong?

Search back into the archives.
Actually some people said it was no big deal and some people said it was proof that Zimmerman was innocent. The media was full of Zimmer, his friends, and his family giving his version of the story. There were photos of the injuries and comments from witnesses that tried to support Zimmers side.

Clearly you are the one who needs to look back through the archive if you honestly think
"you've only heard the story and pictures that make it sound like Zimmerman was in no danger and just killed a kid for the fun of it."

Old 12-04-2012, 08:59 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3525

When the cops told Zimmerman not to pursue he should have listened.....end of story. If it were my son, I would defend him. The kid may have been a thug, a thief, an Angel....only the family and friends truly know. Bottom line is Zimmerman did his job as neighborhood watch by calling the police, his did NOT do his job by confronting Treyvon.

^ If everyone else saw the world as M B sees it!!

Last edited by BengaliJack; 12-04-2012 at 07:14 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19797

When the cops told Zimmerman not to pursue he should have listened.....end of story. If it were my son, I would defend him. The kid may have a thug, a thief, an Angel....only the family and friends truly know. Bottom line is Zimmerman did his job as neighborhood watch by calling the police, his did NOT do his job by confronting Treyvon.

Police never told Zimmerman not to follow.

Another great example of the misinformation out there, followed by judgements made off the false "knowledge."
Old 12-04-2012, 09:20 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 34434

Quote:
Police never told Zimmerman not to follow.

Another great example of the misinformation out there, followed by judgements made off the false "knowledge."
It has been a while, but I seem to recall the dispatcher telling him to stand down on the recording.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:25 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27465

Quote:
His (Zimmermans) Story about getting his head repeated slamed in the ground and fearing for his life would result in more than a broken nose.

That pic shows he got punched in the Face 1 time.

Wheres the pictures showing all the damage from having his head repeated smashed into the ground like he claimed?

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry