Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7773
Default Re: Most important game this week is pats at texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Not to me, it's Dallas at Cincinnati as far as I'm concerned.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the most important game to me as well.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:37 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16837

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsanebengal View Post
we do control our own destiny....really???

We win out we are in...we will be 11-5...we have the same record as pittsburgh if they win all 3 but against us will be 10-6 that means we are in....so yes we do control our own destiny to make it to playoffs...

To clinch the division we need help from balt and too win out...

So yes as of now we control our own destiny...lose against cowboys or philly or pitt or balt...no we dont

I am talking solely on the 2nd Wild Card position.
Lose any more games we lose maybe division and 1st Wild Card position.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post

Good for you, but unless we fall two games behind the Steelers week 17 is the most important, by far.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1282

Quote:
Sure, if we run the table...if we win out.....So that kind of makes Dallas at Cincinnati somewhat important....Think about that.
I never said that it wasn't, you said we do not control our own destiny which is not correct.

@henrizzle182
ಠ_ಠ
Old 12-03-2012, 05:47 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2324

"The Bengals take care of the Bengals and the rest will work itself out"
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1958

If we win out we will beat the steelers

if we lose to Dallas and then win out, I think next tie breaker is conference record. We would be 7-5 if we beat Steelers and Ravens.

Steelers current conference record is 4-5 with games against SD, Cincy and Cleveland.

So I think if we lose to Dallas or Philly but win 3 games we will beat the Steelers if they go three and one with their loss to Bengals
Old 12-03-2012, 05:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by endsanebengal View Post

So yes as of now we control our own destiny...lose against cowboys or philly...no we dont
that is not accurate.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1958

I will add that if we beat Steelers and Ravens our division record is 3-3. Steelers are currently 2-2 with games left with Browns and us.

So I am assuming both Steelers and Bengals finish 3-3 in Division provided we beat Steelers and Ravens and one more win against Dallas or Philly.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7067
bengals Re: Most important game this week is pats at texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
go to espn playoff machine we win tiebreaker over steelers if we win out. I think we win common games tie breaker.
If we win out we automatically have the spot, they will have a 10-6 record, we have 11-5.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1771

Quote:
Wrong, Bengals and Steelers are 7-5 but Steelers beat us once....just in case Steelers keep winning, we need to keep winning....If we are both 9-5 when we play at Pittsburg, and we win and go to 10-5 and Steelers fall to 9-6, we move ahead, but still have that Ravens game....So we control nothing at this point....So I say beat Dallas, go to 8-5, 5 wins in a row, Keep that Mojo workin'. ( 9-7 isn't going to get a play-off spot this year, need 10 wins or maybe 11 ).

The simplest math...beat Dallas, beat Phiily, beat Steelers and we move ahead....too early to do the math on how much we need the Ravens game.
Injuries are beginning to take a toll. Is there enough depth to keep winning?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 6391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cards View Post
Thank You.....Dallas at Cinciinati is way more important than Pats at Texans if you are a Bengals fan....as for Cincinnati at Pittsburg, I'm pretty sure that game isn't this week. .....All scenarios about winning out have to include beating Dallas if people are talking winning the rest of our games....

Again, as for : If we lose to Dallas this, If we lose to Dallas that.....Hey, lets just beat Dallas, this isn't the powerhouse dynasty team of decades gone by. Lets beat Dallas. ...Heck, lets sweep the NFC East this year. We just went 3-1 against the AFC West.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick View Post
Injuries are beginning to take a toll. Is there enough depth to keep winning?
Taking there toll ???? We just won 4 in a row including Super Bowl Giants....We have one of the best pass rushes in the NFL....We have Pro Bowlers Dalton and Green.....Green -Ellis just had 3 straight 100 yards games....Gresham....Hawkins and Jones back....The O-Line is really blocking.....Nugent and Huber are getting it done on special teams.....

I fail to see how 4 wins in a row is injuries taking their toll. ......Beat Dallas, Keep Winning, GO BENGALS !!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:57 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Thank You.....Dallas at Cinciinati is way more important than Pats at Texans if you are a Bengals fan....as for Cincinnati at Pittsburg, I'm pretty sure that game isn't this week. .....All scenarios about winning out have to include beating Dallas if people are talking winning the rest of our games....

Again, as for : If we lose to Dallas this, If we lose to Dallas that.....Hey, lets just beat Dallas, this isn't the powerhouse dynasty team of decades gone by. Lets beat Dallas. ...Heck, lets sweep the NFC East this year. We just went 3-1 against the AFC West.

I hate to argue with you, but soley for the 6th spot, the game with Dallas means absolutely nothing. It is the game with the Steelers that counts. The game with Dallas means something only if we go two up on the Steelers or the Steelers go two up on us.

Or heaven forbid both the the Steelers and Bengals lose games, then with a easy, easy schedule a team in green in NY can catch that 6th spot.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

I see you Bmoreblitz.

Join the party, I won't tell.

Still should have beaten the Squealers.

Last edited by BengalYankee; 12-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Graduated Newbie

Rep Points: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapaKain View Post
How hard will people around here start running into walls if the Bengals end with a winning record but miss the playoffs?

All because of Cleveland...
why, they won a game people thought they shouldn't against NY...so that evens it out and squashes your point...
Old 12-03-2012, 09:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1715

why the texans pats is just as important as our game if Texans win Steelers game is an elimination game for Bengals. If Texans are playing to win in weeks 15 and 17 and Colts slip up against titans or chiefs. steelers game wont be a prerequisite. unless Ravens lose out which could happen also.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalYankee View Post
I hate to argue with you, but soley for the 6th spot, the game with Dallas means absolutely nothing. It is the game with the Steelers that counts. The game with Dallas means something only if we go two up on the Steelers or the Steelers go two up on us.

Or heaven forbid both the the Steelers and Bengals lose games, then with a easy, easy schedule a team in green in NY can catch that 6th spot.
Again and a thousand times again, the thread is about THIS WEEK......Bengals don't play Steelers THIS WEEK....Period...End of story.....

If you people want to root for Jets....or Patriots....or Texans.....Fine, go ahead......

As a Bengal Fan, extending the streak to 5 games against Dallas in Cincinnati is the MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE WEEK to me......The idea that the Patriots vs Texans may have some effect on the last game with Baltimore, I don't know, maybe it might, who knows, but certainly winning at home in Cincinnati against Dallas THIS WEEK is more important TO ME. Going from 7-5 to 8-5 is more important TO ME.....What the Bengals do on the field is more important TO ME.....

Again, again and again....the thread is about THIS WEEK, not week 16 or week 17, THIS WEEK......Is that too hard to comprehend for some of you that this thread title is about THIS WEEK. We don't play Pittsburg this week.

OP Title says : Most Important Game This Week is Pats / Texans.....I say it's the game our own Bengals play on the field this Sunday.....It sure as h#ll isn't Bengals vs Steelers because they don't play each other this week.

Bengals don't play Steelers this week

Bengals don't play Steelers this week.

Last edited by kevin; 12-04-2012 at 02:45 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:14 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19904
bengals Re: Most important game this week is pats at texan

Quote:
We as Bengal fans need the pats to win desparately. so Texans will have to play their starters week 17 against colts.
Actually the most important game is our game.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:19 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2485

I think we can root for all the help we want.

At some point we got to take the next step.

Beating Pittsburgh is the next step. If we can beat them I think we can get it.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 665

If the New England Patriots at Houston Texans is the most important game of Week 14, you must be either a New England Patriot or Houston Texan fan. Why are you posting in "Jungle Noise" a fan base for Cincinnati Bengal fans?

The most imortant game for myself in Week 14, would be, as a 9 and 14/17ths year fan of the Cincinnati Bengals, the Dallas Cowboys at Paul Brown Stadium.

As stated previously, I have this game aa a loss in my pre-season prediction with this game being the first of 4 consectutive losses to Dallas, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:29 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7038

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODRAB14 View Post
I think we can root for all the help we want.

At some point we got to take the next step.

Beating Pittsburgh is the next step. If we can beat them I think we can get it.
Actually there's a Philidelphia step in between Dallas and Pitt...

#OfficialTaterHaterClub #President
Old 12-04-2012, 02:53 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Again and a thousand times again, the thread is about THIS WEEK......Bengals don't play Steelers THIS WEEK....Period...End of story.....

If you people want to root for Jets....or Patriots....or Texans.....Fine, go ahead......

As a Bengal Fan, extending the streak to 5 games against Dallas in Cincinnati is the MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE WEEK to me......The idea that the Patriots vs Texans may have some effect on the last game with Baltimore, I don't know, maybe it might, who knows, but certainly winning at home in Cincinnati against Dallas THIS WEEK is more important TO ME. Going from 7-5 to 8-5 is more important TO ME.....What the Bengals do on the field is more important TO ME.....

Again, again and again....the thread is about THIS WEEK, not week 16 or week 17, THIS WEEK......Is that too hard to comprehend for some of you that this thread title is about THIS WEEK. We don't play Pittsburg this week.

OP Title says : Most Important Game This Week is Pats / Texans.....I say it's the game our own Bengals play on the field this Sunday.....It sure as h#ll isn't Bengals vs Steelers because they don't play each other this week.

Bengals don't play Steelers this week.
No, the Bengals DON'T play the Steelers this week. The OP said the Houston vs Pats game is the most important game of the week.

You are just rattling off the Bengals go from 7-5 to 8-5 without any analysis. The analysis doesn't materialize into week 17. The game with Dallas is not that important unless we lose another game. However, if we beat Dallas and fail to win week 17, then we can't catch Pittsburgh.

What the OP is trying to say is the Pat vs Texans game has an effect on week 17 on whether or not the Texans rest their starters against the Colts. He is making a point of catching the Colts.

Catching the Steelers.

If the Bengals win out they are in the playoffs

If the Bengals lose to Dallas or the Eagles, but still win the rest of their games[3]. They are in the playoffs.

So losing to Dallas, is not the end of the world. Beating Dallas will not help us if we lose to the Steelers the last week.

Bengals make the playoffs if they lose to Dallas but win out!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 03:00 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:
go to espn playoff machine we win tiebreaker over steelers if we win out. I think we win common games tie breaker.
If we win out, tie breaker is a moot point. We get in the playoffs because we would finish 11-5 and Steelers would finish 10-6. This is why everyone on this board is saying that we control our own destiny.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that THEBURG alrady made this point.

Last edited by Xs&Os; 12-04-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Update
Old 12-04-2012, 03:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xs&Os View Post
If we win out, tie breaker is a moot point. We get in the playoffs because we would finish 11-5 and Steelers would finish 10-6. This is why everyone on this board is saying that we control our own destiny.

EDIT: Sorry, just noticed that THEBURG alrady made this point.
He meant win out after a loss to the Cowboys.

Last edited by AngryPanda; 12-04-2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: I think
Old 12-04-2012, 03:35 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
He meant win out after a loss to the Cowboys.
I did not see that point in his comment. In that case, the 4th tie-breaker would decide it (conference record). The losses to Oakland and Tennessee is one more than our loss to Miami. So thank you Carson Palmer for equaling the common opponent tie-breaker and tipping the conference tie-breaker towards us!!

Two Clubs
1.Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3.Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4.Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5.Strength of victory.
6.Strength of schedule.
7.Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
8.Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
9.Best net points in common games.
10.Best net points in all games.
11.Best net touchdowns in all games.
12.Coin toss