Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20610
Default Re: Dallas offense and whitten to much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodey23 View Post
Hopefully we work on stopping screens / quick passes for automatic first downs as teams might use that to exploit us from here on out..
Yeah, word may get around on that. That was annoying me, to put it mildly.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1641

All you lucky bastards going I won't be able to make the trip from MD would love to be at that game.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 20610

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
How many cowboys games have you watched this year? Do tell all their strengths and weaknesses since you know so much.

Homerism at its best.
Their biggest weakness is--They choke a lot. A LOT. A WHOLE LOT. They are on about a five year run of total underachievement. It's their specialty. They have all the pretty pieces but they ain't got it in the drawers.

They are a dangerous team who should be able to beat anybody. But they don't, for some reason or other. We're putting our demons behind us, and yesterday was another example--west coast, make mistakes, still win. Dallas is wrestling with theirs.

The Cowboys are hanging on by the skin of their teeth and the Bengals are hitting their stride on a very nice run, the kind many teams have ridden to the SB. I'm not predicting a win, but I definitely like our chances.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McC View Post
Their biggest weakness is--They choke a lot. A LOT. A WHOLE LOT. They are on about a five year run of total underachievement. It's their specialty. They have all the pretty pieces but they ain't got it in the drawers.

They are a dangerous team who should be able to beat anybody. But they don't, for some reason or other. We're putting our demons behind us, and yesterday was another example--west coast, make mistakes, still win. Dallas is wrestling with theirs.

The Cowboys are hanging on by the skin of their teeth and the Bengals are hitting their stride on a very nice run, the kind many teams have ridden to the SB. I'm not predicting a win, but I definitely like our chances.
Choking is definately something they do well I'm glad we've been doing better in coverage all around but gates isalways injured or hampered by something. Just watching witten just had me thinking about how that guy can take over a game.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Huh you must not know whitten he is to big for corners and to fast for LB. I would love for your 1-4 to be true but that guy has been the leading reciever on that team for a while and inside their division they arguably have better LB and safeties than we do. If there is any time to unleash Mays that would be a start of a game plan.
HAHAHA, you just put Witten and the word fast in the same sentence!!! Dude runs like a 4.9 compared to the average LB who runs a 4.7. Come on, everyone knows Witten is not one of those athletic TE's. He is hands down one of the best TE's STILL, but he is not fast...never was, never will be. He's the type of guy that is extremely smart with reading zones and utilizing his big body to catch balls. It also helps that he has the hands of an angel...so soft, he catches balls like they were tissues
Old 12-03-2012, 11:18 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
HAHAHA, you just put Witten and the word fast in the same sentence!!! Dude runs like a 4.9 compared to the average LB who runs a 4.7. Come on, everyone knows Witten is not one of those athletic TE's. He is hands down one of the best TE's STILL, but he is not fast...never was, never will be. He's the type of guy that is extremely smart with reading zones and utilizing his big body to catch balls. It also helps that he has the hands of an angel...so soft, he catches balls like they were tissues
He has been recently timed? If not the guy ran combine 40 4.65 yes he is faster than some LB's. ran high 4.5's pro day. Point is the LB we will have covering him aren't world burners either unless Lamur gets out there.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1526

Quote:
He has been recently timed? If not the guy ran combine 40 4.65 yes he is faster than some LB's. ran high 4.5's pro day. Point is the LB we will have covering him aren't world burners either unless Lamur gets out there.
I'm going by what I see on the field. He was a little faster back in 2007.. I love the guy, he is one of my favorite TE's in the game. I think he is a true professional, and he is simply great at what he does. But honestly, I can never watch his film and say "wow, this guy really burned the defender". Yes he breaks tackles and runs with a lot of heart, but can you really say he is faster than most LB's in the league right now?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:43 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 17152

We're going to have to be on our game to win against Dallas. They are not as bad as some folks think in fact they're a very dangerous teams loaded with talent. They've done some stupid stuff to lose games, but they match up with us pretty evenly on paper. The rankings for overall defense Dallas is 12 and we are 8. Offensive rankings they are 7 and we are 13. We can win it sure, but if we slip up at all we could lose easily. We can't pull the 3 turnover stuff. Dallas' offense will make us pay more than San Diego did.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:54 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7550

Quote:
Watching Dallas game whitten is a monster for them he is eating the eagles alive over the middle. I have no doubt we can win but if whitten breaks loose over the middle, this will be a long hard fought game.
The Bengals have played better offenses this year and have beat better offenses this year. Bengals have played over 5 quartebacks better than Romo. ....Dalton, Green, Green-Ellis, Gresham better than anything they've got.....Bengals are going to beat the Cowboys bad and send those goat ropers back to Texaco not very tall in the saddle.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 33193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Too much Jimmy Johnson commercials for Extenze. Not everything is big in Texas.
This post made my day.

Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 12582

Romo's sandlot style is either a home run or a strike out.

Geno has to make certain that it goes down in the books as a K.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:28 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan2008 View Post
I'm going by what I see on the field. He was a little faster back in 2007.. I love the guy, he is one of my favorite TE's in the game. I think he is a true professional, and he is simply great at what he does. But honestly, I can never watch his film and say "wow, this guy really burned the defender". Yes he breaks tackles and runs with a lot of heart, but can you really say he is faster than most LB's in the league right now?
In other words you don't know how fast he is (got it). But you make a post about his speed I still don't think we have a LB that can cover him. I still think we win but this offense is no slouch. And yes I do think he is deceptively faster than some LB heck even you did not know his 40 time though you assumed he was slow from watching him.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:31 AM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
The Bengals have played better offenses this year and have beat better offenses this year. Bengals have played over 5 quartebacks better than Romo. ....Dalton, Green, Green-Ellis, Gresham better than anything they've got.....Bengals are going to beat the Cowboys bad and send those goat ropers back to Texaco not very tall in the saddle.
Why do I feel like I'm defending Dallas I can't stand them!! To say they aren't good is absurd. This team in the second half of a game is just nuts.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:27 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

I think every week Zimmer comes out with a great game plan to really slow down any offense.

I can't remember a stretch of ball that they've played this good ever. Hopefully they can continue.

I'm really glad old man Clements is getting very limited snaps. His agility and ability to cut with these good receivers is gone. Glad pacman stepped up and took over that role. He is playing very well.

I really don't want to get into a gun slinging battle with them in the second half because that's when they are dangerous. I think we get the lead and are able to pound their rush D to keep them off the field. The run D is suspect so I expecting another big day form BJGE!

WHO DEY!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:37 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
While I think we'll win the game, you've got to be joking if you don't think Romo, Murray, Bryant, Witten and Austin pose a huge threat to our defense.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2834

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
If we get the "good" Dallas team it is going to be bad, if we get the "bad" Dallas team it will be good.

Dallas is one of the most inconsistent teams this year. One week they look amazing then the next they **** hard.
that's why I didn't know how to root in the Sunday night game. I didn't want a wounded, determined Dallas this week. But I also don't want a confident team hitting its stride. So I didn't root either way.

I like our chances, but it will be tough. Dallas is the best team we've faced since the Giants and will be a major test against the 2nd best passing team.

The D-line will be the key. Pressure Romo into making mistakes (which he does a lot). If we don't get pressure, he'll get 300 yards and more.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:53 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 573

Maybe this is a bit too oversimplified but the Bengals have probs with teams that use their TE's

I feel can cover WR's but the short game (use of TE's) kills us!

Antonio Gates was almost unstopable and really, the only reason the Chargers were effective

THAT is the only reason the Cowboys scare me

FWIW: The Ratbirds and Squeelers have done this to us for years too!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 196

As much as i think about the cowboys and there undeniable talent they posess on offence...I cannot help but feel the way our defence is playing as a cohesive unit under MIke Zimmer that they wont be able to shut thier weapons down...Especially in the run game.. Demarco Murray is a heck of a back...no doubt...But hes exactly the type of back this defence is built to shut down...Hes a north south banger type runner that if properly contained he doesnt posess the break out speed to get to the outside and break a huge run...Our front four will shut murray down this week and that in turn will put pressure on Romo to throw in 3rd and long situations to often and hes proven more then capable in the past to throw into the hands of the wrong team...
Keep in mind also they are coming up north and leaving their pretty little(not so little) Dome where they will have to face cold and possibly wintery conditions....
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35093

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
Maybe this is a bit too oversimplified but the Bengals have probs with teams that use their TE's

Antonio Gates was almost unstopable and really, the only reason the Chargers were effective

cowboys have no OL and a banged up D
Old 12-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whacked View Post

Hardly. He had 6 receptions for 49 yards with a long of 19. So besides one decent play he averaged 6 yards per catch. No touchdowns. Barely a blip on the radar.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:11 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Dallas offense and whitten to much?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djam View Post
We're going to have to be on our game to win against Dallas. They are not as bad as some folks think in fact they're a very dangerous teams loaded with talent. They've done some stupid stuff to lose games, but they match up with us pretty evenly on paper. The rankings for overall defense Dallas is 12 and we are 8. Offensive rankings they are 7 and we are 13. We can win it sure, but if we slip up at all we could lose easily. We can't pull the 3 turnover stuff. Dallas' offense will make us pay more than San Diego did.

You could be right but Romo can make a lot of mistakes especially when he is pressured
and our front 4 is the best in the league right now at doing this. We just cannot let him
scramble out of the pocket as some have said on here. Geno needs to run him right into
Dunlap and MJ.

I could see some more sack fumbles this game just like last week.

Ware is the one guy on that Defense that worries me.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2122

Romo plays like rothelisberger and that scares me
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3692

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliminate08 View Post

You could be right but Romo can make a lot of mistakes especially when he is pressured
and our front 4 is the best in the league right now at doing this. We just cannot let him
scramble out of the pocket as some have said on here. Geno needs to run him right into
Dunlap and MJ.

I could see some more sack fumbles this game just like last week.

Ware is the one guy on that Defense that worries me.
I'm pretty sure you make up most of what you say.

When "under pressure" Tony Romo is tied for the NFL lead in TD's with 7. (Tied with Aaron Rodgers).

When "under pressure" Tony Romo has the 6th highest completion percentage among QBs.

When "under pressure" Tony Romo has not been hit a single time as he has thrown a ball this year.

Think about that last one for a minute.

All QB's make mistakes under pressure.

Tony Romo does too....but he does very damn well when pressured.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
I'm pretty sure you make up most of what you say.

When "under pressure" Tony Romo is tied for the NFL lead in TD's with 7. (Tied with Aaron Rodgers).

When "under pressure" Tony Romo has the 6th highest completion percentage among QBs.

When "under pressure" Tony Romo has not been hit a single time as he has thrown a ball this year.

Think about that last one for a minute.

All QB's make mistakes under pressure.

Tony Romo does too....but he does very damn well when pressured.

So we shouldn't pressure him?

That would be extremely stupid.

This year he has been better but QB's always do worse under pressure and i have watched him in the past screw up just like every other QB under pressure.

I don't make these things up, i am stating what i believe to be fact. This is a message board afterall and we have a right to our opinions.

Your opinion is that the Cowboys will be a very tough out and that they could win this game.

You could be right but i see us coming home and causing a lot of turnovers in this one.

Nick Foles had a pretty good game against these guys and Dalton could pick them apart as well.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:23 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Bengal View Post
Romo plays like rothelisberger and that scares me

Big Ben is much harder to take down though.