Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:52 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 18155
Default PFF Thirteen

More line Domination this week, though as a unit, the team played very, very well, with only a couple of guys on both O and D grading negatively. I didn't watch the game live (and people were telling me the GD score until halftime ), so I PVR'd it and went back a couple of times; not that we miss him or anything, but Corey Lynch had an awesome game, and his depth was always welcome (furthermore, his grade of +2.0 was their highest on D). As well, Andy made some poor decisions, but you'll see the grades.

Top 5 on O:

1. 'dre with a +7.0. 6 carries for 70 yards behind 'dre, and just a single pressure surrendered in the pass game (only Whitworth had a perfect game, what else is new lol). Dominant.

2. Boling with a +2.7. Just a single pressure given up (a hurry) and good, albeit little, blocking in the run game. Still a top 10 guard in the league.

3. AJ with a +1.7. Great stuff from AJ, who had another stellar game (people said he had a down game. How?), though 2 penalites killed his grade a bit.

4. Roland with a +1.7. Included with 'dre's monster run blocking grade is Roland, who was in on some of those runs. Good stuff from a guy who's turrible.

5. Whitworth with a +1.0. Yeah, because 0 runs to his side causes him to have a -2.4 run blocking grade . Whatever, he was our best pass blocker with a perfect game, and that penalty was BS. Watch it again, either NZI, or non-call it should've been.

(Robinson was sixth with a +0.9)

Top 5 on D:

1. Dunlap with a 5.1. That's the big 'los we all know and love. A great game from top to bottom, he even did a good thing in his only snap in coverage. If he has game like this the rest of the season, LE won't give up any plays (unless Geathers is there...)

2. Geno with a +4.4. Great stuff from our soon to be all-pro UT. He is the best defensive tackle in the game, bar none.

3. Peko with a +1.4. 3 stops in the run game (on only 8 snaps), plus the sack, a solid game from the big man with the big hair. Hopefully he keeps it up.

4. Nelson with a +1.4. Did damage on the pass rush and in coverage; his play on the pick was superb. Has done very well since returning.

5. Dingleberry with a +1.1. A stop in the run game and the sack. He's been playing very, very well for a rotational guy. Keep it up!

(Rey was sixth with a +0.8)

Bottom 5 on O:

Pressley (for giving up a QB hit that I didn't see)
Andy (for a rough day passing, WHICH HE DID HAVE)
Leonard (for laying an egg in the pass game)
Baby Hawk (for drops and a fumble)
Marvin Jones (you know why)

Bottom 5 on D:

Clements (neutral on his 1 snap; you know your DB sitch is ok when he sits the whole game)
MJ (basically neutral at -0.1, the penalty brought down his grade).
Sims (more penalty woes, as he too would've been around neutral)
Lawson (for poor coverage and pass rush)
Burfict (our only guy on D in the red; bad coverage, 2 MT in the run game, and did nothing on his 8 pass rushes. This was probably his worst game as a pro).

On teams, Huber and Nuge' were positive as usual (though Nuge' was AGAIN negative on FGs/EPs even though he nailed all of them. I don;t friggin' get it), and what else is new? Tate was negative.

BTW, just to let people know that I'm not the only one who sees it, but EVERY single game that Whalen has been targeted (as he went 3 games this year without a target, though he dressed), he has graded positively, be it last year or this year. The guy doesn't make mistakes, and he's a solid receiver.

One final note, Shipley had a horrid game for Jax, and Cosby also saw a snap on O for Jax, while he also returned kicks and punts.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE

Last edited by Truck_1_0_1_; 12-04-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35053
Default Re: PFF Thirteen

Show some Respect for Gilberry or Face the neg rep.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Show some Respect for Gilberry or Face the neg rep.
lol its a nickname!

I love his play, what I call him should be irrelevant

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 12:08 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3520

Don't know why, but Rey always seems to play good against the Chargers. It is nice to see him not in the bottom 5 for once

Burfict did have a pretty bad game he was uncharacteristically missing tackles and taking bad angles to the ball. I wonder if him and Maualuga switched jerseys

I don't know why people are saying AJ had a bad game because he missed to sure TDs because of bad throws by Andy.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
Don't know why, but Rey always seems to play good against the Chargers. It is nice to see him not in the bottom 5 for once

Burfict did have a pretty bad game he was uncharacteristically missing tackles and taking bad angles to the ball. I wonder if him and Maualuga switched jerseys

I don't know why people are saying AJ had a bad game because he missed to sure TDs because of bad throws by Andy.
Indeed.

People were saying he had a down game and the like. But this game was slightly better than an average game for Chad, why wouldn't it be an average game for AJ?

Rey indeed does well against SD. Keith did too, Carsone did as well, maybe its a USC thing?

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquapod770 View Post
I know making any comments about Rey is always asking for trouble on these boards, but he deserves some criticism for not trying to recover the fumble on San Diego's first drive. After Dunlap caused the fumble the ball was rolling around and Rey was in a great position to recover it, but just stood and watched it thinking it was an incompletion and the play was over (the Chargers O-lineman got out there and recovered it). I know many on here get touchy about any criticism of Rey or think that some people 'pile on' unnecessarily, but when a veteran player messes up 'play to the whistle' he deserves some heat.

As for AJ, he was a little unlucky on the PI call. The defender illegally cut off his route and he responded by shoving the guy. 99 times out of 100 they'd call that defensive pass interference or at least offsetting PI calls. The defender definitely cut off his route and should have been flagged too.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:24 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 455

Thanks.

Probably irrelevant but Rey from what I remember was often mocked to go to the Chargers in the middle of the first in 09.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:25 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Mc View Post
I know making any comments about Rey is always asking for trouble on these boards, but he deserves some criticism for not trying to recover the fumble on San Diego's first drive. After Dunlap caused the fumble the ball was rolling around and Rey was in a great position to recover it, but just stood and watched it thinking it was an incompletion and the play was over (the Chargers O-lineman got out there and recovered it). I know many on here get touchy about any criticism of Rey or think that some people 'pile on' unnecessarily, but when a veteran player messes up 'play to the whistle' he deserves some heat.

As for AJ, he was a little unlucky on the PI call. The defender illegally cut off his route and he responded by shoving the guy. 99 times out of 100 they'd call that defensive pass interference or at least offsetting PI calls. The defender definitely cut off his route and should have been flagged too.
I have been very critical of Rey this year. He has shown improvement, but I still want him replaced next year.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3669

Burfict looked like a chunky monkey on the field sunday
Old 12-04-2012, 12:40 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: PFF Thirteen

Nice seeing Andre having a great game. Gonna have to re-sign this guy.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:44 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1641

Lol top 6 now can this get any worse?
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 8834

Maybe it's just me but Rey seems to be on the right tempo in defense for our last game.

Ok, he lost weight but It seems that he's not looking to his teammates for a short time ( to see if he called the right defense ? ) anymore after the snap and focus on his own stuff and he's a lot better because he's not late on every play because of that.

Anyone noticed that ?
“How in the hell could a man enjoy being awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an alarm clock, leap out of bed, dress, force-feed, ****, ****, brush teeth and hair, and fight traffic to get to a place where essentially you made lots of money for somebody else and were asked to be grateful for the opportunity to do so? ”

Charles Bukowski.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5906

How about Zietler? Where does he rank amongst other RG's in the NFL right now?
And no love for Gresham this week either, I guess his blocking is killing his score.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M (the other one) View Post
And no love for Gresham this week either, I guess his blocking is killing his score.
or penalties

or fumbles

:)
Old 12-04-2012, 12:55 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 41455

Quote:
I'm sure the fumble didn't help....

As to the OP:
You could see Burfict was having a bad day; although, I thought he made a couple solid stops.

Rey looked good. He's got at least 4 more games to show up (actually thought Dunlap was the one that showed lack of hustle going for the loose ball)

Gotta pay Andre
Old 12-04-2012, 01:03 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Blocking has nothing to do with it actually; was the fumble. Good news for him is that he's now 4th worst in the league, no longer THE worst.

Zeitler had a basically neutral game, and he's 7th in the league (Boling 5th) among all guards.

Bfine, love your use of the semicolon! I know I use them improperly half the time, but good job! lol.

Only one play of Burfict's really stuck out to me, otherwise I didn't see him do anything special on Sunday...

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 01:04 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: PFF Thirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturo Bandini View Post
Maybe it's just me but Rey seems to be on the right tempo in defense for our last game.

Ok, he lost weight but It seems that he's not looking to his teammates for a short time ( to see if he called the right defense ? ) anymore after the snap and focus on his own stuff and he's a lot better because he's not late on every play because of that.

Anyone noticed that ?

I have noticed Rey's game step up huge since the bye. I don't find it to be a coincidence
that Marv's coaching has also stepped up big time. Hope this continues.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
I'm sure the fumble didn't help....

As to the OP:
You could see Burfict was having a bad day; although, I thought he made a couple solid stops.

Rey looked good. He's got at least 4 more games to show up (actually thought Dunlap was the one that showed lack of hustle going for the loose ball)

Gotta pay Andre
Yes Burfict has leveled off a bit the last few games, he still can pop guys though. One thing that was making me very nervous was we keep having Rey or Burfict covering Gates and you could tell Burfict was way out matched. But what linebacker isn't against Gates.
If we could of stoped the dang screen pass, their yardage total would have looked alot different.

Gotta give Andre that green no doubt.

This team hab no maaahbulls!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Nuts and Bolts View Post
Yes Burfict has leveled off a bit the last few games, he still can pop guys though. One thing that was making me very nervous was we keep having Rey or Burfict covering Gates and you could tell Burfict was way out matched. But what linebacker isn't against Gates.
If we could of stoped the dang screen pass, their yardage total would have looked alot different.

Gotta give Andre that green no doubt.
While I agree that its hard to cover Gates, Burfict was covering Blackmon and Bowe, and he was doing ok.

I just chalk it up to a once-in-a-while bad game, that's all.

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 01:34 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3421

Quote:
Originally Posted by basballguy View Post
or penalties

or fumbles

:)

Thought he played flat most of the game. Not sure why, but his head (and heart) were just not in the game.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:12 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5203

I think Burfict's bad game is as good as Rey's decent game.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 25114

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
I think Burfict's bad game is as good as Rey's decent game.
I love this. When it clearly isn't true.
Rey would be nailed to the cross by now if he played like Burfict did yesterday.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17565

How about Pacman? He had some nice PRs. I don't recall how he did on D but i can't think of any big negatives.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:21 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17565

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
While I agree that its hard to cover Gates, Burfict was covering Blackmon and Bowe, and he was doing ok.

I just chalk it up to a once-in-a-while bad game, that's all.
I'd say it's a rookie hitting the wall at game 12. We'll see if he gets his second wind and picks it back up.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:40 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5169

I don't understand why Whitworth graded that bad... Looked good in every aspect to me.

Also agree with Whalen. Guy needs to see more snaps plain and simple. He's always where he needs to be, and catches everything.