Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Off-Topic Forum > Klotsch

Klotsch Exchange recipes, talk about movies, comment on Jessica Simpson or anything you want. Just do it here instead of ruining someone else's football-related topic.

Old 12-04-2012, 12:51 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 46779
Default Re: Take drugs like you're supposed to!

A little true story.......Back in college I would do ANY drug I could get my hands on. I was also flat broke. One time a friend told me he could get some Xanax for just a buck a piece (This was almost 30 years ago) He said we could drink half as much at a bar and still get wasted if we took a couple of Xanax. Of course I tried it, but I don't know how many I drank because I can not remember anything about that night.

Even though I would try any hard drug I would never mix pills and alcohol again. Total memory loss scared the hell out of me, and I knew I couldn't control how much I drank.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6467

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
yeah these dont sound like the purple footballs i know....

1 xany 1 beer good to go.

are you afraid of people?

if you have a prescription why would you hid in a bathroom to take your pills?
They are purple, I take the generics and they're round. And they are 1 mg. I've been taking them so long, I don't get the feeling someone gets that isn't prescribed them. But they are exactly what you "know".

No, I'm not afraid of people. Panic attacks just hit out of nowhere with no control. Normally you think you're dying for no reason. It's really not very funny actually, the terror is real. Didn't expect jokes on this. It's actually (to me) like cracking jokes on someone with cancer. Hope none of you ever have to deal with this.

Went to the bathroom because, as I said, it's an embarrassing situation all around. And I brought about 5 extra and they were in my cigarette pack.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 27524

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCat View Post
They are purple, I take the generics and they're round. And they are 1 mg. I've been taking them so long, I don't get the feeling someone gets that isn't prescribed them. But they are exactly what you "know".

No, I'm not afraid of people. Panic attacks just hit out of nowhere with no control. Normally you think you're dying for no reason. It's really not very funny actually, the terror is real. Didn't expect jokes on this. It's actually (to me) like cracking jokes on someone with cancer. Hope none of you ever have to deal with this.

Went to the bathroom because, as I said, it's an embarrassing situation all around. And I brought about 5 extra and they were in my cigarette pack.
I wasnt trying to crack a joke was trying to find out what causes your panic attacks... You seemed to be having trouble at the stadium in a large crowd of people so I thought that might have been it,.

I know something that might help but im not doctor and its not legal here yet anyways

FOOTBALL... The New Age Gladiator Games...
Tiger Squrriel Is Hungry
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 16565

Quote:
I used to live in Scioto County, (OH) and there was recently a documentary based on that area called "Hillbilly Heroin". When I broke my leg, I was on a lot of meds for 2 years while they "rebuilt" my leg. And I can tell you one thing, I can easily see why Oxycontin is abused so badly. So I worried about addiction, and he moved me down to Lortab 10.

And mccracky, I take 1 mg Xanax 3 times a day for anxiety/panic, and the thought of someone snorting a benzo cracks me up!
I keep getting prescribed everything BUT Xanax. Xanax and booze (never at the same time, haha!) are the only things that work for my panic attacks. However, I don't get the Xanax because I'm a wuss and afraid of getting caught. I was getting them from my aunt who didn't need them anymore. But, I stopped because I know if you take them a long time, you have to be weaned off of them. Now, I just suffer. I've cut WAY down on booze. Here are all the meds I've been prescribed for panic and anxiety-

Celexa- loss of sexual desire

Zoloft- Same as Celexa

Buspar- Worked wonders for a month....then upped the dosage....worked again for about a month.....upped the dosage....etc...etc....etc.....so I stopped taking them a year ago.

Cymbalta- Dr. prescribed me a VERY high MG to start with and was supposed to put me on the smallest MG of this drug. HOLY CRAP.....had the worst panic attack of my life for two days straight. I won't even try the lower dosage. Too scared of it.

My panic attacks are much better these days. I don't smoke cigs anymore (although I do once I'm tanked on alcohol, lol!). I only drink alcohol once every two weeks. This has worked wonders. However, I will drink the alcohol when I feel "panicky" so I don't have an attack. It would be nice to have some Xanax on hand, or even another drug that would help me when I need it.

I've been suffering through panic attacks since 1997. I used to attend a lot of Bengals and Reds games. But haven't since the opening of Paul Brown Stadium (preseason against the Bears) and I haven't been to a Reds game since the year before their new park opened. *Sigh*

Sorry......had to vent.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
A little true story.......Back in college I would do ANY drug I could get my hands on. I was also flat broke. One time a friend told me he could get some Xanax for just a buck a piece (This was almost 30 years ago) He said we could drink half as much at a bar and still get wasted if we took a couple of Xanax. Of course I tried it, but I don't know how many I drank because I can not remember anything about that night.

Even though I would try any hard drug I would never mix pills and alcohol again. Total memory loss scared the hell out of me, and I knew I couldn't control how much I drank.
Xanax is the worst to mix with alcohol. It will cause blackouts even without alcohol if you take too much. A buddy of mine gave me two pills a few years back that were the blue 1mg because he noticed that I was having a panic attack. I didn't realize the power of this drug since it was my first time. I took both pills, and I slept for 24 hours.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

The ones I took were blue footballs for the 1mg. Peach (or pink?) are the .5mg. The white ones are the .25mg. It's been a long time since I've taken them though.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:23 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:

I know something that might help but im not doctor and its not legal here yet anyways
Out of curiosity, what it is?
Old 12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 2354

I am really leary of drugs..I just hear all those side effects and it scares me..last spring I had allergies and took Benadryl around the clock..I would not even try Claratin..just leary of all those side effects.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wasnt trying to crack a joke was trying to find out what causes your panic attacks... You seemed to be having trouble at the stadium in a large crowd of people so I thought that might have been it,.

I was only answering you bud. I know you were just curious. You weren't who the other comments were meant for, just ended up in my reply to you. But was NOT directed at you.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmccracky View Post
The ones I took were blue footballs for the 1mg. Peach (or pink?) are the .5mg. The white ones are the .25mg. It's been a long time since I've taken them though.
The generics (Alprazolam) are 1 mg of Xanax. They're round. And you are exactly right on the colors. And thanks for not making fun of it all.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:25 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morning Star View Post
I am really leary of drugs..I just hear all those side effects and it scares me..last spring I had allergies and took Benadryl around the clock..I would not even try Claratin..just leary of all those side effects.
So you are like Timothy Leary about drugs? Oh, wait, misread that. Are you aware Claritin has considerably less side effects than Benadryl, especially considering the active ingredient in Benadryl is the same stuff they use in certain medications that are meant to help sleep?

Last edited by pennsyltuckian; 12-04-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:20 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 6791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuchadnezzar View Post
Went to the doctor today and Vicodin 10/660 is being discontinued because people are over dosing on Tylenol. Now I am taking Vicodin 10/500
The FDA has recommended the amount of acetaminophen not exceed 325mg in each tablet. So you can most likely kiss the 10/500 tablets good bye, too. However, with all FDA recommendations, it is just a recommendation. The FDA is powerless to force any manufacturers to follow their recommendations.

Quote:
and will most likely have to pop Ibuprohin to get rid of the headache the will cause.
If you get a headache when the amount of acetaminophen is reduced you're getting a rebound headache from your daily, chronic use of high doses of acetaminophen in your combination narcontic pain medication. Getting less acetaminophen is a good thing in people who suffer from rebound headaches.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/reb...daches/DS00613

Quote:
Freaking people wanting to get high and causing long term damage to their liver or death ruin it for those who actually need the stuff to function. Or it's people who are just downright stupid and popping a 10/660 then dropping Tylenol PM's to help them sleep. "I didn't know Tylenol was bad for you", did you listen to you doctor? It's not bad for you, TOO MUCH IS BAD FOR YOU YOU RICHARD CRANEUM!!!
Writes the guy who is unaware he is suffering from rebound headaches.

Quote:
On a serious note, it's all good. The 10/500 has the same amount of the Opiate just less Tylenol.
If it is all good, why are you complaining?
Old 12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6471

Wonder how many of these drug users bashed Simpson. Just saying...

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
7.5 is the milligrams of the opiate and the 750 is the milligrams of Tylenol. From now on, you will most likely get the 7.5/500.
No, Vicodin ES is being reformulated to 7.5/300.

Quote:
My 10/500 is a pink pill and there's also one that I tried that was almost straight opiate called Norco or something like that. Those things made me sick and the headache was freaking unreal.
Vicodin, Lortab, and Norco are all hydrocodone and acetaminophen. Norco comes in 5/325, 7.5/325, and 10/325. If you had a reaction to the Norco which you didn't have to the Vicodin it is psychosomatic. It's like stating you can take Motrin, but Advil makes you sick. They are the same ingredients just different brand names.

Again, if you got a headache from a combination pain medication with approximately half the dose of acetaminophen (325mg) compared to your usual dose (660) it is because you are having a rebound headache, Mr. "TOO MUCH FOR YOU IS A BAD THING RICHARD CRANIUM!!!".
Old 12-04-2012, 05:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalRugby View Post
Same story, but insert steroids into the discussion.

Juicing is frowned upon due to idiots using steroids in ignorance. Many fall and injury incidents in the elderly could be prevented via steroid supplementation and thereby adding functional muscle mass.
Yet the doctors who know more about the risks and benefits of steroid supplementation than you don't prescribe steroid supplementation.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
I take it yours are take 3 times per day as needed for pain?

The amount of Tylenol in the 10/660 is the equivalent to 3 extra strength Tylenol I think. I don't keep Tylenol in the house because I take the Vicodin, lol.
Extra strength tylenol is 500mg per tablet/capsule.

3 x 500 = 1500

1500 > 660

Do you have any cold medications in the house? Do any of them contain acetaminophen? If they do you could be exceeding the maximum daily dose of acetaminophen. Not everyone is aware acetaminophen and tylenol are the same medication and not everyone is aware that 4000mg is the maximum daily dose of of acetaminophen. Kinda like someone mistakenly thinking three extra strength tylenol (1500mg) is the equivalent of 660mg of acetaminophen.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I've had so many friends get hooked on those opiates. If you take them like you're supposed to, you will be fine. No worries.
If you take opiates long term to control chronic pain you will become physically dependent upon them and go through withdrawal if not weaned from them.

Dependence is not the same as addiction. Addiction is seeking and using medications inappropriately.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:29 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
If you take opiates long term to control chronic pain you will become physically dependent upon them and go through withdrawal if not weaned from them.

Dependence is not the same as addiction. Addiction is seeking and using medications inappropriately.
Oh yeah, totally. I was just saying don't abuse them and was not very clear on my part. You can still be dependent on them, even taking them as directed. Just don't go snortin' them. Abuse will lead to addiction. Funny thing is, I know people who do not think they are abusing them, but are. That's addiction.

You a pharmacist? Or just know a lot about drugs?

I worked for Medco for a few years, but I was not a pharmacist. I caught on to a few things while there.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Paying $30 for one Percocet (or more for Oxycontin)
Percocet and Oxycontin are both oxycodone and acetaminophen combination tablets.

Percocet comes in 2.5, 5, 7.5, and 10gm strengths. Oxycontin comes in 10, 15, 20, 30, 40, 60, and 80mg strengths.

This is how idiots die. Oxycontin is a controlled released tablet you take every 12 hours. Percocet is an immediate relase tablet you take every 6 hours. So if someone gets high taking a 40mg Oxycontin then the next time they think they will take four 10mg Percocet instead and get the same results they're wrong. Because that 40mg Oxycontin gets released gradually over 12 hours versus the four tablets of 10mg Percocet getting released immediately and causing respiratory depression and possibly death.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh yeah, totally. I was just saying don't abuse them and was not very clear on my part. You can still be dependent on them, even taking them as directed. Just don't go snortin' them. Abuse will lead to addiction. Funny thing is, I know people who do not think they are abusing them, but are. That's addiction.

You a pharmacist? Or just know a lot about drugs?

I worked for Medco for a few years, but I was not a pharmacist. I caught on to a few things while there.
I'm a physician assistant and I know a lot about drugs.

And unfortunately I deal with drug seekers almost every day at work.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
This is because doctors are making it extremely easy to get prescriptions.
How?
Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM
VIP Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
I'm a physician assistant and I know a lot about drugs.

And unfortunately I deal with drug seekers almost every day at work.
AH! Gotcha.

They are supposed to come out with pure hydrocodone pills that don't contain the tylenol. I guess they would rather people OD on the hydrocodone than the Tylenol? From my understanding, the oxycodone is more powerful though. Either way, I don't mess with 'em.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredtoast View Post
One MG is a very low dose.
Low dose to whom?

0.25mg is a starting dose. If you haven't developed tolerance 1mg can be a high dose.

Plus there are immediate release tablets and extended release tablets so someone is much more likely to "get high" from a 1mg immediate release tablet vs. a 1mg extended release tablet. 0.25mg three times/day is a starting dose of immediate release xanax vs. 3mg once a day of extended release for panic attacks. Immediate release comes in strengths of 0.25, 0.5, 1, and 2mg. 3mg is the max single dose in people who have developed tolerance. So 1mg is not a very low dose.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
AH! Gotcha.

They are supposed to come out with pure hydrocodone pills that don't contain the tylenol. I guess they would rather people OD on the hydrocodone than the Tylenol? From my understanding, the oxycodone is more powerful though. Either way, I don't mess with 'em.
The combination of hydrocodone and acetaminophen treats the pain more effectively than the hydrocodone alone. The tylenol is additionally suppose to help deter abuse because it can't be taken at higher doses because the risk of liver damage.

Oxycodone is more powerful than the hydrocodone.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:33 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 25689

Yall need to get off the pain killers. Pain should be taken out of the title...they are flat out killers. You will build a tolerance and will need stronger pills. Your life will revolve around your pill schedule.

They are highly addictive and kill more americans than heroin and cocaine combined. It's a deadly racket and should have been one of the top issues discussed during the presidential race but wasn't because of the cash it brings in.

Those in serious pain should buy a bag of good weed and research baking it in brownies. Since it is consumed through your digestive track it effects the body differently than simply smoking it. 10000000 times safer than the pills the doc is giving you.

It is disgusting the amount of people I know personally that have died from prescription drugs. It's amazing that the pharmaceutical companies just float along unscathed as they are killing citizens and turning the rest into zombies.

Good luck and be careful.
I've never hit a woman in my life, but I've seen on more than one occasion where violence was needed to bring unruly women under control.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalfan4life27c View Post
Its not like flattened her with a closed fist. She was rudely bothering him for an autograph.She drilled him right in the eye with a full glass of beer as a natural reaction he got angry and smacked her hard. It could have and probably has happened to quite a few people