Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1216
Default Re: PFF Thirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by berserkerone88 View Post
Which has absolutely nothing to do with anything.
It does the way you presented your argument....
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 91688

Why not sign Geno now? I foresee him leaving via FA because we will do what we always do.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 16313

Quote:
Stupid nuance of PFF.
PFF is best when combined with actually watching the game. It is a supplement to judging a player. And it is clear sometimes Nugent just doesnt get enough behind his kickoffs.
*ding* *ding*

That's why myself and many others question some of the grades sometimes, but I don't go off of PFF solely.

And anyways, I care more about their raw numbers than their grades for the most part, but their grades do give GREAT insight into things we might miss if we watch the games only once.

Furthermore, CP, I didn't post any top 6; look at every PFF thread, and tell me once where someone did not ask for Robinson's or Rey's grade.

Whether someone asks for it or not, I posted it; being 6th just so happens to get a mention from me.

Be elastic.

Soooooooooo much thanks to Cin for this incredible sig!

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 04:15 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 22382

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
If anything it's this damn iPhone and my big fingers. And I understand what you are saying but it's what you said that doesn't match up with the pint you are trying to make. You should have never said anything sbout nailing Rey to the wall for a bad game when he has had many of them. Then to insinuate it was unfair that a rookie doesn't get the same treatment.

Next time just say it. I will help you.

Everyone berserker meant to say Rey is doing good why dog him.
Sigh.
It made sense. I can't help you clearly have issues with reading comprehension and context.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
It does the way you presented your argument....
It does? My argument he has played well the last month and why are we still dogging him has to do with my expectations?
Im pretty sure it doesn't. This team is holding the hot hand and some people can't help but *****.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:17 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
I don't understand why Whitworth graded that bad... Looked good in every aspect to me.

Also agree with Whalen. Guy needs to see more snaps plain and simple. He's always where he needs to be, and catches everything.
Whitworth graded well, its just the run block grade.

They have for rushing, 0 carries behind LT, so why did he grade that poorly?

If he had to kick out or kick in or whatever, I can see that, but I don't recall him doing that outside of maybe twice on Sunday, and that doesn't consitute a grade that low.

And yes, he obviously isn't putting up the same numbers, but like I said from preseason last year after watching him, Whalen is another Shipley in terms of ability. No two ways about it.

BTW, Faulk, Adam had a grade of +0.5, would've been higher if not for the penalty.

And his returning grade was positive as usual

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck_1_0_1_ View Post
Indeed.

People were saying he had a down game and the like. But this game was slightly better than an average game for Chad, why wouldn't it be an average game for AJ?

Rey indeed does well against SD. Keith did too, Carsone did as well, maybe its a USC thing?
Maybe we could trade Rey to the Chargers for a late 2nd and early 3rd so he can play out in the sunshine like Carson.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:12 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerFan View Post
Maybe we could trade Rey to the Chargers for a late 2nd and early 3rd so he can play out in the sunshine like Carson.
Might be on to something...

But I don't think they're as stupid as the Raiders...

CHILD PLEASE
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4521

Rey and burcfet continue to struggle in pass coverage and with sideline to sideline runs.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:25 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 14652

Quote:
Stupid nuance of PFF.
PFF is best when combined with actually watching the game. It is a supplement to judging a player. And it is clear sometimes Nugent just doesnt get enough behind his kickoffs.
He should not be graded negatively if DS want's him to put more air under the ball and aim for -5 to the goal line, allowing the coverage team to try and stop them inside the 20.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfaulk34 View Post
He should not be graded negatively if DS want's him to put more air under the ball and aim for -5 to the goal line, allowing the coverage team to try and stop them inside the 20.
If that is the case, I agree. However, it is a calculated risk.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:31 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Sigh.
It made sense. I can't help you clearly have issues with reading comprehension and context.
Ok it's all clear now you said this:

Quote:
I love this. When it clearly isn't true.
Rey would be nailed to the cross by now if he played like Burfict did yesterday.
But you meant to say why dog Rey when he had a good game. Yeah my context and comprehension are off.👍
Old 12-04-2012, 05:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
It does? My argument he has played well the last month and why are we still dogging him has to do with my expectations?
Im pretty sure it doesn't. This team is holding the hot hand and some people can't help but *****.
Lol wow you said something different from what you meant which is why the expectation came up. What's crazy is I agree with what you meant, I just don't agree with what you said.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:41 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Ok it's all clear now you said this:

But you meant to say why dog Rey when he had a good game. Yeah my context and comprehension are off.👍
That is what I said. I said it in the context of why dog Rey when Burfict had a bad game.
Jeebus.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
That is what I said. I said it in the context of why dog Rey when Burfict had a bad game.
Jeebus.
Dude you didn't say that at all what you said isn't even a different context. Ths completely different.

Quote:
Rey would be nailed to the cross by now if he played like Burfict did yesterday.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:55 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Dude you didn't say that at all what you said isn't even a different context. Ths completely different.
Why do you keep leaving out the original post?
Where it erroneously claims a bad game from Burfict is better than a good game from Rey?
Is it that hard to comprehend?
Even when Rey has a good game people still find a way to dog him while talking up a bad game from Burfict.

This one:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
I think Burfict's bad game is as good as Rey's decent game.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:59 PM
VIP Silver Member

It's funny how what you meant to change has evolved this whole convo here ill post everything you said.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:00 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
It's funny how what you meant to change has evolved this whole convo here ill post everything you said.
It hasn't changed. The entire premise has been about people dogging Rey for no good reason. You kept trying to bring Burfict's rookie status into it. When that was never the issue.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:03 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Why do you keep leaving out the original post?
Where it erroneously claims a bad game from Burfict is better than a good game from Rey?
Is it that hard to comprehend?
Even when Rey has a good game people still find a way to dog him while talking up a bad game from Burfict.

This one:
I'm not leaving it out I told you I agree with that part what you said about ddes post. I only had a problem with this:

Quote:
Some how you think that Saids Rey had a good game why dog him when we all know there are so many other factors. Like Rey being a 4 year vet all that does matter.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
It hasn't changed. The entire premise has been about people dogging Rey for no good reason. You kept trying to bring Burfict's rookie status into it. When that was never the issue.
Lol his stats matter when you say:

Quote:
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm not leaving it out I told you I agree with that part what you said about ddes post. I only had a problem with this:

Some how you think that Saids Rey had a good game why dog him when we all know there are so many other factors. Like Rey being a 4 year vet all that does matter.
All I have said is that it is unfair to be laying this **** on him like MW did when Rey has played well.
Rey came into the NFL with stupid amounts of expectations put on him by fans. Myself included. He didn't reach them so people take their anger out on him.
Why should anything else matter at this point? He played a good game. Should be end of story. We are going to do the same thing to Burfict since some have already anointed him Christ the Savior of the Defense.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Lol his stats matter when you say:
What stats? What are you talking about? Seriously. You have officially gone into bat**** crazy land.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:17 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
What stats? What are you talking about? Seriously. You have officially gone into bat**** crazy land.
I digress, I'm in total agreement Mw shouldn't have said burficts bad game is better thn Rey's good games. I just didn't see how this comment by you.

Quote:
When we all know Rey is a 4 year vet. If he had a bad game like that he should be nailed to the cross. And that is why I brought up stats. Because saying Rey shouldn't be nailed to the cross after 4 years of sub par play is rediculous IMHO. Then to compare a 4 year vets bad game to an UDRFA is nuts to me.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:20 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
I digress, I'm in total agreement Mw shouldn't have said burficts bad game is better thn Rey's good games. I just didn't see how this comment by you.

When we all know Rey is a 4 year vet. If he had a bad game like that he should be nailed to the cross. And that is why I brought up stats. Because saying Rey shouldn't be nailed to the cross after 4 years of sub par play is rediculous IMHO. Then to compare a 4 year vets bad game to an UDRFA is nuts to me.
I wasnt comparing the two games. I was pointing out the ridiculousness in saying it.
Meaning, if Rey's good games were no better than Burfict's bad games, then Rey would be absolutely shredded for it. He isn't. Because so far his good games have been pretty damn good and important for us winning.

Just highlighting the erroneousness of the statement
Old 12-04-2012, 06:49 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 4224

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
Off topic, but I was reading PFF Week 13 Bengals @ Chargers, and they thought Andrew Hawkins was Artrell Hawkins, and that Marvin Jones was Melvin Ingram. I am not sure I trust them, especially with a negative grade to a K who makes everything he kicks in a game.
I think they get way more credit across the football community than they deserve. I try my best to let their grades have no effect on my opinion. Just because they found a unique way of assigning numerical grades to players doesn't mean it should be accepted as the gospel.

Just wondering Truck101 did they count the ball that bounced off of Marvin Jones' hands against Dalton?