Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 479
Default Re: The Bengals chances of winning the AFCN.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
That Pittsburgh game is going to be the biggest game of the year for us. REALLY wish it was a PBS because we're going to need that one bad.

I could see us beating Pit to go 10-5, then the division coming down to the game against BAL. OHHH I'D BE EXCITED.
I think I posted this possibility a while back.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
.....are not quite dead yet. Baltimore gets to play Washington, Denver, and NY Giants in the next 3 weeks. If they lose two of those games (definitely not out of the question) and the Bengals win the rest of their games, then the Bengals win the AFCN.

Unlikely, but still possible.

Yeah, I'm drinking the koolaid......I just put a whole lot of gin in it.
It's actually a pretty good chance. Baltimore is not good at all. There offense is terrible. They barely beat the steelers their first game and lost the second one.

Should have lost to a bad chargers team! Which we played horribly but still won by a td. I see them possibly losing their last 4, definitely 2 and no less.

I honestly believe we win the division
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

Baltimore is not beating Denver, one loss.

Not beating the giants, two losses.

Not besting us, 3 losses.

The only "winnable" game for them is Washington. Which I still think they lose. 4 losses.

They ****!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 905

The Cincinnati Bengals are two games back of the American Football Conference North with the Baltimore Ravens holding one-half of the first tie breaker (head to head).

The probability of the Cincinnati Bengals winning the 2012 American Football Conference North has the equal probability of the planet disappearing according to the Mayan calendar.

I had predicted 5 consectutive losses to end the 2012 National Football League schedule but I am now 20% incorrect.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 29086

Quote:
Originally Posted by umkubas View Post
The Cincinnati Bengals are two games back of the American Football Conference North with the Baltimore Ravens holding one-half of the first tie breaker (head to head).

The probability of the Cincinnati Bengals winning the 2012 American Football Conference North has the equal probability of the planet disappearing according to the Mayan calendar.

I had predicted 5 consectutive losses to end the 2012 National Football League schedule but I am now 20% incorrect.
You predicted 5 straight losses. That is now impossible. You were 100% incorrect. Although if you wish, you can now predict 4 straight losses (and be wrong again).

Old 12-04-2012, 09:22 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 357

No chance! Don't forget we'll lose all tie-breakers. I think there is a chance .... maybe 40-50% - we could get to 10-6. But no way the Ravens are going to be 9-7.

Forget about the Ravens. Hope the Bengals beat both Pitt and Bal and we'll make the playoffs. If not, we won't make the playoffs. Pretty simple huh.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 552
drunk Re: The Bengals chances of winning the AFCN.....

Quote:
.....are not quite dead yet. Baltimore gets to play Washington, Denver, and NY Giants in the next 3 weeks. If they lose two of those games (definitely not out of the question) and the Bengals win the rest of their games, then the Bengals win the AFCN.

So.... you're telling me there's a chance?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:45 AM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 479

Quote:

I'm not sure about the math here, when you predict something and it does not come true you are 100% wrong. Now start over.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 19175

Quote:

Every time I read one of your composition(you've got them all written down in your Book of Brilliance, right?), I'm reminded of the movie "Night at the Museum" and the Easter Island heads in their big deep voices saying, "Dummy." Don't know when it first popped into my head but it's there now and it won't leave. Nothing personal. Just one of those things.

BTW--a prediction is completely wrong the moment any of it doesn't come true. Like Shake said.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3515

Quote:

Yeah, I'm drinking the koolaid......I just put a whole lot of gin in it.
Even better. The steelers have the Chargers at home, Dallas on the road, the Bengals at home, and Cleveland at home. I think the Chargers might actully beat pitt, who they always play tough. Think about it: pissburg coming off emotional win, everyone building statues of Tomlin for defeating a battered Baltimore team in Baltimore, Big Jen returning. They could be overconfident and that has never served them well. Plus. SD has nothing to lose. 4th and 5 at the steelers 45? Why not? It could happen.

And the poor ratbirds. Yes, DC is a bus ride from Balt, but it is STILL a road game, and balt is not good at all on the road. Washington has no secondary, but their offense is rolling. Denver poses all kinds of problems for Baltimore, and that team REALLY wants to get a two seed. The Giants? They will be working on sowing up their division as well, and tend to win when they really need it. Hell, Balt could be 9-6 needing a win to even make the playoffs the final week.

I shudder to think about the tie breaker implications. I have no idea what would dictate if the Colts, Steelers, or Bengals go the the playoffs if all are 10-6. I know the first step would be vs AFC and I think the Bengals and Colts would both have 6 AFC losses. What comes after that? I have no idea. I could kill Schwartz and the pinhead Lions for their horrible game managment that allowed the Colts a shot. But, like so many other games, those are all in the past. The Colts are 8-4 despite having scored nearly 50 points less than they have given up. They are not as great as they are being made out ot be. Sure, they are a great story (Luck, Pagano, Peyton vs. his old team in round 1), but they are terrible against the run. Look at their opponents: Titans, @ Texans, @ Cheifs, and Texans. All run the ball well. I think a Colt's collapse is the most likely scenario even if they are likely to get EVERY call down the stretch.

It all starts Sunday. At 4:30 pm, we will know. Can the Titans knock off Indy? Does SD have an upset over Pissburg in them? Can RGIII keep it going against Baltimore?

Let's hope. And the Cowboys are going to run in to the hottest defense in the NFL. Who Dey!
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3515

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
Give me one playoff win and I'll be happy. I just want to see progress (and to break that awful 21 year streak).
Guys, the real dream here is the Bengals beat the Cowboys and Eagles, and after 10 days to prepare and rest up they go in to pissburg for what would be the biggest showdown in the Marvin Lewis Era. Pissburg would have Big Jen, Troy, and NEED to win to make the playoffs, assuming The Colts and Ratbirds don't collapse.

I know everyone would be scared to death over that game, except for the guys who play for Cincinnati. After winning 6 straight, I think that would be the one win that officially turns the corner for the Bengals. And (No, I'm not drunk) they would run all the way to the Super Bowl if they do. Beat the #1 defense in the NFL, in their stadium , with them full strength and they will have the confidence to match their ability to run all the way to the Big Game.

I think beating Dallas and Philly is very realistic. That game against Pitt? Can you imagine the drama? It can't be "flexed", due to some sort of contractual obligations. I want that game soooo bad. I think this team wants to prove it to the league. The steelers are getting older, and the young Bengals have depth, rotation, and youth. No, they don't have a lot of experience, but this season and how it is unfolding is building character in these guys and creating a team that focuses solely on winning. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams...all are really, really, good. I absolutely love this team and what they are doing.

It starts with Dallas.
2014 Bengals Draft: Tougher, Faster, Deeper: Traded #1s with #30 San Fran and picked up an additional 2nd rounder

1.) Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
2.) Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
2.) Travis Swanson, C, Arkansas
3.) Gabe Jackson, G, Miss St.
4.) Paul Richardson, WR, Colorado
5.) Jemea Thomas, S, Georgia Tech
6.) Jeff Janis- WR, Saginaw Valley State
6) Compensatory pick- Justin Britt, OT, Missouri
7.) Crockett Gillmore, TE, Colorade State
7.) Compensatory pick- Jay Prosch, FB, Auburn
Old 12-04-2012, 09:14 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 803

Pittsburgh game is a MUST win for both teams (CIN & PIT). However, just because we win, does not mean we are in the playoffs. We have to be up on Pittsburgh by TWO games going into week 17 to be guaranteed a playoff berth. If we beat PIT in week 16, and teams go into week 17 with the following records: PIT 9-6, CIN 10-5, then we MUST beat BAL @ home to get in or hope CLE beats PIT in week 17. If both ZCIN & PIT are tied at the end of the year, I believe PIT gets in with all scenarios. The four game losing streak to AFC teams (CLE, MIA, PIT, DEN) really hurts us now. IMF we had won ONE of those games, the situation would be MUCH different

I agree that a win against PIT could begin to legitimize this team in the eyes of the nation. However, what will make this team a true contender is if they beat BOTH PIT & BAL in back to back weeks. If this team finished the regular season with 8 straight wins and the last TWO over the bullies in their division, EVERYONE would be talking about the Bengals and how dangerous they might be in the playoffs.

If they beat one and not the other, people will say 'They have a bright future. We'll see how they look next year.'

I, for one, want to see Marshall Faulk eat some crow this year
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 574
bengals Re: The Bengals chances of winning the AFCN.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralvarado View Post
Bengals go 4-0, Ravens go 1-3 (one loss would be to us), --> Bengals win division, Ravens are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals go 4-0, Steelers go 3-1 or worse (loss to us), Ravens go 3-1 or 2-2 (one loss to us),--> Ravens win division, Bengals are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals go 3-1 (must win over Steelers AND Ravens), Steelers go 3-1 (loss to us) --> Ravens win division, Bengals are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals go 3-1 (WIN over Steelers and LOSS to Ravens), Steelers go 3-1 (loss to us) --> Ravens win division, Steelers are Wild Card, Bengals out

Bengals go 3-1, Steelers go 2-2 or worse --> Ravens win division, Bengals are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals MUST beat Steelers. That is a given unless Steelers melt down against TWO of the other 3 teams they face.

If going into week 17, Bengals are 9-6 (with win over Steelers) or better and Steelers are 9-6 (with loss to Bengals), Bengals advance with win over Ravens or a Steeler loss to Cleveland.
Well done ...kudos for going the extra mile on this one !
Old 12-04-2012, 10:21 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2764

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibengals View Post
That Pittsburgh game is going to be the biggest game of the year for us. REALLY wish it was a PBS because we're going to need that one bad.
Statistically speaking, Cincy has a far better chance to win in Pitt than Cincy.

4 of our last 5 wins against Pitt were at Heinz Field.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:22 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26504

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralvarado View Post
Bengals go 4-0, Ravens go 1-3 (one loss would be to us), --> Bengals win division, Ravens are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals go 4-0, Steelers go 3-1 or worse (loss to us), Ravens go 3-1 or 2-2 (one loss to us),--> Ravens win division, Bengals are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals go 3-1 (must win over Steelers AND Ravens), Steelers go 3-1 (loss to us) --> Ravens win division, Bengals are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals go 3-1 (WIN over Steelers and LOSS to Ravens), Steelers go 3-1 (loss to us) --> Ravens win division, Steelers are Wild Card, Bengals out

Bengals go 3-1, Steelers go 2-2 or worse --> Ravens win division, Bengals are Wild Card, Steelers out

Bengals MUST beat Steelers. That is a given unless Steelers melt down against TWO of the other 3 teams they face.

If going into week 17, Bengals are 9-6 (with win over Steelers) or better and Steelers are 9-6 (with loss to Bengals), Bengals advance with win over Ravens or a Steeler loss to Cleveland.

Good job, i see a lot of ways for us to get in and that is all i care about. Any way we get in
we would have a lot of momentum going and and once you get in anything can happen.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26504

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHRacerX View Post
Guys, the real dream here is the Bengals beat the Cowboys and Eagles, and after 10 days to prepare and rest up they go in to pissburg for what would be the biggest showdown in the Marvin Lewis Era. Pissburg would have Big Jen, Troy, and NEED to win to make the playoffs, assuming The Colts and Ratbirds don't collapse.

I know everyone would be scared to death over that game, except for the guys who play for Cincinnati. After winning 6 straight, I think that would be the one win that officially turns the corner for the Bengals. And (No, I'm not drunk) they would run all the way to the Super Bowl if they do. Beat the #1 defense in the NFL, in their stadium , with them full strength and they will have the confidence to match their ability to run all the way to the Big Game.

I think beating Dallas and Philly is very realistic. That game against Pitt? Can you imagine the drama? It can't be "flexed", due to some sort of contractual obligations. I want that game soooo bad. I think this team wants to prove it to the league. The steelers are getting older, and the young Bengals have depth, rotation, and youth. No, they don't have a lot of experience, but this season and how it is unfolding is building character in these guys and creating a team that focuses solely on winning. Offense, Defense, and Special Teams...all are really, really, good. I absolutely love this team and what they are doing.

It starts with Dallas.

Awesome post dude. Reps.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 779
bengals Chance of winning the AFCN?

Hey all...

Looks like we still have an outside shot at the division. Obviously, we'd have been in a MUCH better position had we not thrown that game away against Dallas... but whatever.

Baltimore 9-4 - home to Denver & NY Giants, then @Cinci.
Pitts 7-6, with games at @Dallas & home against Cinci & Cleveland
Cinci 8-6, with games @Pitts & v. Baltimore.

I think Denver beats Baltimore today and I doubt Pittsburgh gives it up to Dallas like we did last week... buuut.. Dallas needs this win badly. Washington will probably take care of Cleveland (even without RG3) & I think Atlanta bounces back and beats the Giants. That would create a 3-way tie between NY, Washington and Dallas at 8-6.

If Atlanta does win, the Giants will have to take care of the Ravens next week.

Bottomline: I don't think the Ravens have the AFCN locked up by any stretch. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked to see the Ravens drop the next two games to Denver & the Giants setting up Baltimore @ Cinci in week 17 for the AFCN title.

I know, I know.. one week at a time. But we won our game this week... so I think it's okay to look ahead a bit.

"Terrible Towels are for wiping, not waving."

Now let's DO this!

#whodey
Old 12-16-2012, 12:09 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8936
Default Re: Chance of winning the AFCN?

That Dallas game....
Now the bruised and the urine colored teams have to lose.... I hate depending on other teams.

Bad coaching can neutralize even the most talented of athletes.

"I don't care if it's a passing league or not. Since the beginning of time when playoffs started championship teams are built on running the ball and stopping the run. Thatís the recipe since football started. We have to be a better team in those situations. Attacking them where we know we can beat them at."
--- Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
That Dallas game....
Now the bruised and the urine colored teams have to lose.... I hate depending on other teams.
The only way to not depend on other teams to win your division is to go 14-2 (6-0 division)!

We still control our own destiny as far as making the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Michigan should go undefeated with this weak schedule.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:42 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1581

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
That Dallas game....
Well sort of right. The steelers do have to lose However they have to lose to us. We have our playoffs in our hands right now. Beat Pittsburgh and we are in.

It wouldn't hurt if the Ravens dropped their last 3.
Old 12-16-2012, 12:55 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 341

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddie View Post
Well sort of right. The steelers do have to lose However they have to lose to us. We have our playoffs in our hands right now. Beat Pittsburgh and we are in.

It wouldn't hurt if the Ravens dropped their last 3.
I don't think that's correct. If the Jets win out and go 9-7, and if we beat PIT and lose to BAL, we'll be 9-7 as well. Problem is, in that scenario, the Jets would have a better conference record by one game (7-5 vs. 6-6) and get the 6th seed over us (assuming the Colts don't lose out and have the 5th). That's my understanding, at least. If I'm right, we all need to be big Titans fans on Monday night (or Chargers or Bills fans failing that).
Old 12-16-2012, 01:27 PM
Veteran Member

Rep Points: 196

Broncos and Texans up 3-0! Keep it up and lets get in these playoffs baby!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 5374

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyforkbengal View Post
Broncos and Texans up 3-0! Keep it up and lets get in these playoffs baby!
Don't forget to root for JAX & KC (& obviously DAL) today, too! The worse OAK is, the higher our 2nd round draft pick!

We could still concievably have picks #32 AND #33!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
Michigan should go undefeated with this weak schedule.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:48 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 5
Smile Re: Chance of winning the AFCN?

It's in our hands! WIN and your IN! Time to step up and Beat the Steelers and Ravens! Back to Back!
WHO DEY!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:00 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7076

Your yearly post? Lol

Edit: meant to quote the poster above me, silly phone.