Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
whodey21's Avatar
whodey21 whodey21 is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 2,959
Rep Points: 6194
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Honestly, how many 6th round draft picks (not named Tom Brady) even made it onto the team? That's an accomplishment in itself. Let's work off the assumption that he has made strides and is better than any other available players.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
ishouldbegm's Avatar
ishouldbegm ishouldbegm is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: south jersey
Posts: 9,291
Rep Points: 8978
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

i once found a wooden nickel made out of iron
__________________
1st Ereck Flowers T
2nd Eric Kendricks LB
3rd Titus Davis WR
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,346
Rep Points: 31613
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
It comes down to 3 letters : OSU
I'm from Ky and we're completely indifferent to OSU down there. I just wasn't impressed with him before the draft, I wasn't happy that we waited so long to draft a back, and Boom looked terrible in preseason. There is nothing about him that stands out to me.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Bengal Dude's Avatar
Bengal Dude Bengal Dude is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 39,131
Rep Points: 51452
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'm from Ky and we're completely indifferent to OSU down there. I just wasn't impressed with him before the draft, I wasn't happy that we waited so long to draft a back, and Boom looked terrible in preseason. There is nothing about him that stands out to me.
Pretty much how I feel. I'm hoping he proves to be a gem, but I'm not expecting much from him.
__________________

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,741
Rep Points: 13690
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
i once found a wooden nickel made out of iron
Would that not be an ironickle?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Lolli's Avatar
Lolli Lolli is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: CTC
Posts: 9,741
Rep Points: 13690
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Boom vs Taylor mays got my juices flowing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IO2njN3Rww
Confusing imagery just came to mind.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
CINCYPRODUCT CINCYPRODUCT is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Unfortunately, md
Posts: 1,375
Rep Points: 1641
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
Confusing imagery just came to mind.
Lmbo. But you watched .☺
__________________
Originally Posted by Steeler Eater
If Hue Jackson gets the OC job, I will gladly go streaking on streets lined with thumbtacks as I am tazered by leprechauns and urinated on by unicorns.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Cackey Lackey
Posts: 8,612
Rep Points: 9353
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

You guys are effing ridiculous.. Bashing the guy just because he was a Buckeye, when we all dont really have a clue just how good he will be. He probably wont see any carries just will be on special teams.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
corpjet's Avatar
corpjet corpjet is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Indy
Posts: 828
Rep Points: 735
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Lets be honest if Mr Mikey Brown didn't have a man crush on him he would have never been drafted......if he was so good or has some special skill set why wasn't he plucked from the PS?

Look at all the RBs who ave been lost this year and no sniff of Dan Herron sorry just can't call him Boom
__________________
WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE, YOUR GOING DOWN!

Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
bengalsbalzac2 bengalsbalzac2 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Eaton,oh
Posts: 103
Rep Points: 32
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

I really think he could be useful in a 2 back situation.he is quicker than bjge and he wasn't used much at osu but when he was he produced
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Dalton's_Gang's Avatar
Dalton's_Gang Dalton's_Gang is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Athens, ohio
Posts: 2,118
Rep Points: 2575
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'm from Ky and we're completely indifferent to OSU down there. I just wasn't impressed with him before the draft, I wasn't happy that we waited so long to draft a back, and Boom looked terrible in preseason. There is nothing about him that stands out to me.
its hard to look good when you are a 6th round draft pick and get next to no reps during practice or preseason, wouldnt you agree? if he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, he would have gotten more reps and would have been better. many people hate everyone from OSU. hell if Andy Dalton was from OSU, people would find a reason to **** on his parade.
__________________


I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
degolfisfun degolfisfun is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 388
Rep Points: 365
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

First of all, I don't understand all the workings of a front office but ...... Has our front office concluded that Dan Herron is the best choice to replace Sanu on the roster???? That Herron is a better choice than any WR choice that is a FA (Stallworth and Plexico were recently on this list) and better than any WR on any other team's Practice Squad? Somebody somewhere is concluding that Binns, Tate, Whalen, and Quinn are better than everything else out there including Plexico, Stallworth, and about a dozen other guys. And Binns and Quinn don't ever dress. Plexico at least dresses. I don't understand this decision making. Maybe it is true that Binns, Tate, Quinn, and Whalen are the best 3rd/4th receivers in the world and I'm the only one who doesn't see it. This is a vicious circle. If another WR goes down in the next couple of weeks, anybody want to bet who we sign as a replacement? I'll take Hazelton and you can have the Field. Insanity!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Just someone to fill a roster spot, Idoubt he even sees the field on s.t.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degolfisfun View Post
First of all, I don't understand all the workings of a front office but ...... Has our front office concluded that Dan Herron is the best choice to replace Sanu on the roster???? That Herron is a better choice than any WR choice that is a FA (Stallworth and Plexico were recently on this list) and better than any WR on any other team's Practice Squad? Somebody somewhere is concluding that Binns, Tate, Whalen, and Quinn are better than everything else out there including Plexico, Stallworth, and about a dozen other guys. And Binns and Quinn don't ever dress. Plexico at least dresses. I don't understand this decision making. Maybe it is true that Binns, Tate, Quinn, and Whalen are the best 3rd/4th receivers in the world and I'm the only one who doesn't see it. This is a vicious circle. If another WR goes down in the next couple of weeks, anybody want to bet who we sign as a replacement? I'll take Hazelton and you can have the Field. Insanity!
With sanu going to IR we still have 6 WR's on the roster.

Dan Herron is here to help fill in for Peerman in our injuried backfield not replace sanu.

you post missed the mark.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'm from Ky and we're completely indifferent to OSU down there. I just wasn't impressed with him before the draft, I wasn't happy that we waited so long to draft a back, and Boom looked terrible in preseason. There is nothing about him that stands out to me.
Hes not a world beater... But its hard not to be impress with his college proformances. Dude runs hard and gets the extra yards.

We wont see how it translates to the pros until he gets on the field in a game. Thats the only way to ever know.

But at this point its good to see them trusting their draft decisions rather than panic and grab someone off the street they promote Dan Herron who has been practicing in the scheme all year.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
OSU725 OSU725 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,240
Rep Points: 688
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
DeDe averaged over 7 YPC as a Bengal and in 2007 when he got his most work he averaged 8.7 YPC. Not to mention he was an asset on STs. Like I said in another post I don't know why we cut ties
I always liked the guy as well, but he was cut from the Lions and is currently in the UFL so it seems that no NFL team sees him as an NFL quality player.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bengals Territory
Posts: 35,398
Rep Points: 35140
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
DeDe averaged over 7 YPC as a Bengal and in 2007 when he got his most work he averaged 8.7 YPC. Not to mention he was an asset on STs. Like I said in another post I don't know why we cut ties
Very simple neither he or kenny watson could stay healthy enough to keep a roster spot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
GreenDragon's Avatar
GreenDragon GreenDragon is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 4,770
Rep Points: 3517
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/276055630354210816

Looks like Herron is the guy we signed. How many carries do you think he gets?
-5
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Shake n Blake's Avatar
Shake n Blake Shake n Blake is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Homers gonna home
Posts: 14,346
Rep Points: 31613
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
its hard to look good when you are a 6th round draft pick and get next to no reps during practice or preseason, wouldnt you agree? if he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, he would have gotten more reps and would have been better. many people hate everyone from OSU. hell if Andy Dalton was from OSU, people would find a reason to **** on his parade.
I guess there might be some OSU haters out there. Not me though. I was stoked when we signed Craig Krenzel as a backup. I wanted Troy Smith over Gradkowski. I think Dan Wilkinson was one of the best DTs in Bengals history. I just think Dan Herron isn't a very good prospect. He's slow, he wasn't overly productive at OSU, etc.
__________________

Sig by CinWillWin
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Joelist's Avatar
Joelist Joelist is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Justice, IL
Posts: 4,661
Rep Points: 7136
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Hes not a world beater... But its hard not to be impress with his college proformances. Dude runs hard and gets the extra yards.

We wont see how it translates to the pros until he gets on the field in a game. Thats the only way to ever know.

But at this point its good to see them trusting their draft decisions rather than panic and grab someone off the street they promote Dan Herron who has been practicing in the scheme all year.
It would be....if Herron was a big, sure handed possession receiver. That is what we lack far more than another RB.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM
cincyguy757's Avatar
cincyguy757 cincyguy757 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 757
Rep Points: 644
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by degolfisfun View Post
First of all, I don't understand all the workings of a front office but ...... Has our front office concluded that Dan Herron is the best choice to replace Sanu on the roster???? That Herron is a better choice than any WR choice that is a FA (Stallworth and Plexico were recently on this list) and better than any WR on any other team's Practice Squad? Somebody somewhere is concluding that Binns, Tate, Whalen, and Quinn are better than everything else out there including Plexico, Stallworth, and about a dozen other guys. And Binns and Quinn don't ever dress. Plexico at least dresses. I don't understand this decision making. Maybe it is true that Binns, Tate, Quinn, and Whalen are the best 3rd/4th receivers in the world and I'm the only one who doesn't see it. This is a vicious circle. If another WR goes down in the next couple of weeks, anybody want to bet who we sign as a replacement? I'll take Hazelton and you can have the Field. Insanity!
You need 3 RB's what if Leonard gets hurt like he seems to do every year?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
bleedorange85's Avatar
bleedorange85 bleedorange85 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 806
Rep Points: 1847
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I guess there might be some OSU haters out there. Not me though. I was stoked when we signed Craig Krenzel as a backup. I wanted Troy Smith over Gradkowski. I think Dan Wilkinson was one of the best DTs in Bengals history. I just think Dan Herron isn't a very good prospect. He's slow, he wasn't overly productive at OSU, etc.
Cr. Yds. Yac. Td
2010- 216 1155 5.3 16

2011- 135 678 5 3

Not productive? I'm not saying this guy is the savior but to say that is wrong. Coaches obviously see something in him to sign him instead of looking on the waiver wire or free agent list.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Catclaws Catclaws is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 46
Rep Points: 92
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Boom has better hips than anyone we have at RB right now. If given the chance, he'll surprise some people.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,486
Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/276055630354210816

Looks like Herron is the guy we signed. How many carries do you think he gets?


Probably around 5 or so just to spell BJGE and Leonard.

Not the move i would have made. We needed a change of pace back, Herron is pretty
much another Green Ellis. With how our line has been blocking lately Herron might do
pretty well, you never know.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
fredtoast's Avatar
fredtoast fredtoast is offline
MB HOF Inductee
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Scenic East Tennessee
Posts: 48,210
Rep Points: 52885
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/276055630354210816

Looks like Herron is the guy we signed. How many carries do you think he gets?
Herron gets zero carries. He is just being called up to fill in if there is an injury. He might play some special teams, but that is it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.