Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6194
Default Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Honestly, how many 6th round draft picks (not named Tom Brady) even made it onto the team? That's an accomplishment in itself. Let's work off the assumption that he has made strides and is better than any other available players.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 8978

i once found a wooden nickel made out of iron
4th Brandon Ivory DT
4th Durell Eskridge S
5th Cedric Reed DE
5th Eric Murray CB
6th Malcolm Brown RB
7th Derrick Malone LB
2014 draft
1st Deone Bucannon S
2nd Cyrus Kouandjio T
3rd Pierre Desir CB
UDFA Keith Smith LB
UDFA Austin Franklin WR
UDFA Dede Lattimore LB
UDFA Jerome Smith RB
UDFA Chaz Sutton DE
UDFA Josh Stewart WR
UDFA Avery Patterson CB
UDFA Antonio Andrews RB
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
It comes down to 3 letters : OSU
I'm from Ky and we're completely indifferent to OSU down there. I just wasn't impressed with him before the draft, I wasn't happy that we waited so long to draft a back, and Boom looked terrible in preseason. There is nothing about him that stands out to me.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 51452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake n Blake View Post
I'm from Ky and we're completely indifferent to OSU down there. I just wasn't impressed with him before the draft, I wasn't happy that we waited so long to draft a back, and Boom looked terrible in preseason. There is nothing about him that stands out to me.
Pretty much how I feel. I'm hoping he proves to be a gem, but I'm not expecting much from him.

You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Quote:
The price of greatness is responsibility.-Mike Riley, Oregon State football coach

Rodney Holman-318
Jermaine Gresham-220
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishouldbegm View Post
i once found a wooden nickel made out of iron
Would that not be an ironickle?
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 13690

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCYPRODUCT View Post
Boom vs Taylor mays got my juices flowing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IO2njN3Rww
Confusing imagery just came to mind.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 1641

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolli View Post
Confusing imagery just came to mind.
Lmbo. But you watched .☺
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353

You guys are effing ridiculous.. Bashing the guy just because he was a Buckeye, when we all dont really have a clue just how good he will be. He probably wont see any carries just will be on special teams.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 735

Lets be honest if Mr Mikey Brown didn't have a man crush on him he would have never been drafted......if he was so good or has some special skill set why wasn't he plucked from the PS?

Look at all the RBs who ave been lost this year and no sniff of Dan Herron sorry just can't call him Boom

Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Banned

Rep Points: 32

I really think he could be useful in a 2 back situation.he is quicker than bjge and he wasn't used much at osu but when he was he produced
Old 12-04-2012, 10:27 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2575

Quote:
its hard to look good when you are a 6th round draft pick and get next to no reps during practice or preseason, wouldnt you agree? if he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, he would have gotten more reps and would have been better. many people hate everyone from OSU. hell if Andy Dalton was from OSU, people would find a reason to **** on his parade.

I support Andy Dalton 100 percent. Some fans expect too much too soon or from too little.

Dalton is not the problem. Sometimes I think the only reason people gripe about him is because they have nothing better to do or simply like to read the word of their own writing, similar to when people complaining just to hear the sound of their own voice.

If the world has no faith in me, Then I have no faith in it.

Prosperity should not be shared with those who did not earn it.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 365

First of all, I don't understand all the workings of a front office but ...... Has our front office concluded that Dan Herron is the best choice to replace Sanu on the roster???? That Herron is a better choice than any WR choice that is a FA (Stallworth and Plexico were recently on this list) and better than any WR on any other team's Practice Squad? Somebody somewhere is concluding that Binns, Tate, Whalen, and Quinn are better than everything else out there including Plexico, Stallworth, and about a dozen other guys. And Binns and Quinn don't ever dress. Plexico at least dresses. I don't understand this decision making. Maybe it is true that Binns, Tate, Quinn, and Whalen are the best 3rd/4th receivers in the world and I'm the only one who doesn't see it. This is a vicious circle. If another WR goes down in the next couple of weeks, anybody want to bet who we sign as a replacement? I'll take Hazelton and you can have the Field. Insanity!
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Just someone to fill a roster spot, Idoubt he even sees the field on s.t.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:06 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35140

Quote:
Originally Posted by degolfisfun View Post
First of all, I don't understand all the workings of a front office but ...... Has our front office concluded that Dan Herron is the best choice to replace Sanu on the roster???? That Herron is a better choice than any WR choice that is a FA (Stallworth and Plexico were recently on this list) and better than any WR on any other team's Practice Squad? Somebody somewhere is concluding that Binns, Tate, Whalen, and Quinn are better than everything else out there including Plexico, Stallworth, and about a dozen other guys. And Binns and Quinn don't ever dress. Plexico at least dresses. I don't understand this decision making. Maybe it is true that Binns, Tate, Quinn, and Whalen are the best 3rd/4th receivers in the world and I'm the only one who doesn't see it. This is a vicious circle. If another WR goes down in the next couple of weeks, anybody want to bet who we sign as a replacement? I'll take Hazelton and you can have the Field. Insanity!
With sanu going to IR we still have 6 WR's on the roster.

Dan Herron is here to help fill in for Peerman in our injuried backfield not replace sanu.

you post missed the mark.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:08 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Hes not a world beater... But its hard not to be impress with his college proformances. Dude runs hard and gets the extra yards.

We wont see how it translates to the pros until he gets on the field in a game. Thats the only way to ever know.

But at this point its good to see them trusting their draft decisions rather than panic and grab someone off the street they promote Dan Herron who has been practicing in the scheme all year.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:24 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 688

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
DeDe averaged over 7 YPC as a Bengal and in 2007 when he got his most work he averaged 8.7 YPC. Not to mention he was an asset on STs. Like I said in another post I don't know why we cut ties
I always liked the guy as well, but he was cut from the Lions and is currently in the UFL so it seems that no NFL team sees him as an NFL quality player.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:26 AM
VIP Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfine32 View Post
DeDe averaged over 7 YPC as a Bengal and in 2007 when he got his most work he averaged 8.7 YPC. Not to mention he was an asset on STs. Like I said in another post I don't know why we cut ties
Very simple neither he or kenny watson could stay healthy enough to keep a roster spot.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:46 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 3517

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintPatrickJR View Post
https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/276055630354210816

Looks like Herron is the guy we signed. How many carries do you think he gets?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:01 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 31613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton's_Gang View Post
its hard to look good when you are a 6th round draft pick and get next to no reps during practice or preseason, wouldnt you agree? if he was a 2nd or 3rd rounder, he would have gotten more reps and would have been better. many people hate everyone from OSU. hell if Andy Dalton was from OSU, people would find a reason to **** on his parade.
I guess there might be some OSU haters out there. Not me though. I was stoked when we signed Craig Krenzel as a backup. I wanted Troy Smith over Gradkowski. I think Dan Wilkinson was one of the best DTs in Bengals history. I just think Dan Herron isn't a very good prospect. He's slow, he wasn't overly productive at OSU, etc.

Sig by CinWillWin
Old 12-05-2012, 12:02 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 7136

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsFan024 View Post
Hes not a world beater... But its hard not to be impress with his college proformances. Dude runs hard and gets the extra yards.

We wont see how it translates to the pros until he gets on the field in a game. Thats the only way to ever know.

But at this point its good to see them trusting their draft decisions rather than panic and grab someone off the street they promote Dan Herron who has been practicing in the scheme all year.
It would be....if Herron was a big, sure handed possession receiver. That is what we lack far more than another RB.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 644

Quote:
Originally Posted by degolfisfun View Post
You need 3 RB's what if Leonard gets hurt like he seems to do every year?
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1847

Quote:
I guess there might be some OSU haters out there. Not me though. I was stoked when we signed Craig Krenzel as a backup. I wanted Troy Smith over Gradkowski. I think Dan Wilkinson was one of the best DTs in Bengals history. I just think Dan Herron isn't a very good prospect. He's slow, he wasn't overly productive at OSU, etc.
Cr. Yds. Yac. Td
2010- 216 1155 5.3 16

2011- 135 678 5 3

Not productive? I'm not saying this guy is the savior but to say that is wrong. Coaches obviously see something in him to sign him instead of looking on the waiver wire or free agent list.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 92

Boom has better hips than anyone we have at RB right now. If given the chance, he'll surprise some people.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:32 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: Dan Herron promoted.

Quote:

Probably around 5 or so just to spell BJGE and Leonard.

Not the move i would have made. We needed a change of pace back, Herron is pretty
much another Green Ellis. With how our line has been blocking lately Herron might do
pretty well, you never know.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:21 PM
MB HOF Inductee

Rep Points: 52885

Quote:

Herron gets zero carries. He is just being called up to fill in if there is an injury. He might play some special teams, but that is it.