Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:54 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2689
Default "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..."

Found the comment regarding our ranking in key stats very encouraging. I think this is the sign of a solid, balanced team.

I don't put too much stock in Power Rankings themselves, but I think around 10 is right for now. If we win the next 2, then I'd be looking for a 3-4 spot jump up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-into-week-14

11. Cincinnati Bengals (7-5)

Of the league's "hottest" teams, the Bengals might be the one peaking at the right time. They rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable (points against/for, rushing yards against/for, passing yards against/for, etc.).

Perhaps it's an upswing influenced by a weakened schedule, but there cannot be many teams excited to play Cincinnati at this juncture.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 9353
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Thats the 3rd power rankings that Ive seen a team that we beat (NY Giants) ranked 2 spots above us.. We blew that team out, and they lost to the Redskins, they shouldnt be ranked in the top 10.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:00 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2689
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Thats the 3rd power rankings that Ive seen a team that we beat (NY Giants) ranked 2 spots above us.. We blew that team out, and they lost to the Redskins, they shouldnt be ranked in the top 10.
You have a point. Although, the Giants are going to have fall a little harder, and the Bengals are going to have to win a couple more for perceptions to change.

Perceptions:
- Giants are a late season team, World Champs, poised to "turn it on" at any time
- Bengals are beating bad teams, and prone to collapse
Old 12-05-2012, 12:17 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1009

I don't care what we are statistically as long as we're 6th of better in the AFC in terms of W-L-T on December 31st
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 2746

Who dey!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:47 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7812

Hooray, we finally moved away from middle of the pack, now we're slightly higher than average.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Old 12-05-2012, 12:56 AM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 18280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Hooray, we finally moved away from middle of the pack, now we're slightly higher than average.
Your post would be funny if the title read "rank 14th in every counting stat imaginable".
Old 12-05-2012, 09:23 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
Your post would be funny if the title read "rank 14th in every counting stat imaginable".
I think he was referring to the 11th spot in the power rankings.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:15 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 22330

Quote:
That's not how it works. Giants just blew out Green Bay, who blew out Houston. Can't just say we beat the Giants so we should be ranked ahead of them...
Old 12-05-2012, 10:29 AM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 178

One loss and that would all change very fast. Why do you think we haven't got any media attention, because they still dont believe. Oh well, we will keep winning anyways.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jom112 View Post
That's not how it works. Giants just blew out Green Bay, who blew out Houston. Can't just say we beat the Giants so we should be ranked ahead of them...

We also beat Wash., who just beat their azzzzz.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:41 AM
VIP Gold Member

Rep Points: 19753

Quote:
They also blew out the Niners and Packers, two top 5 or 10 teams.

5-4-14
Round 1: CALVIN PRYOR Safety Louisville
Round 2: MARCUS MARTIN Center USC
Round 3: STANLEY JEAN-BAPTISTE CB Nebraska
Round 4: JACK MEWHORT OT OSU
Round 5: TAJH BOYD QB Clemson
Round 6: CODY HOFFMAN WR BYU
Round 6: TREVOR REILLY OLB/DE Utah
Round 7: AARON LYNCH DE South Florida
Round 7: DAMIEN WILLIAMS RB Oklahoma
Old 12-05-2012, 12:38 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 35089

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
They also blew out the Niners and Packers, two top 5 or 10 teams.
They are inconsistant another loss or Too and they might fall straight out of the playoffs.

They either forget they have a running game or just eli sling it but its been shown if you can pressure them well enough eli struggles.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:39 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816
bengals Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Found the comment regarding our ranking in key stats very encouraging. I think this is the sign of a solid, balanced team.

I don't put too much stock in Power Rankings themselves, but I think around 10 is right for now. If we win the next 2, then I'd be looking for a 3-4 spot jump up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-into-week-14

11. Cincinnati Bengals (7-5)

Of the league's "hottest" teams, the Bengals might be the one peaking at the right time. They rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable (points against/for, rushing yards against/for, passing yards against/for, etc.).

Perhaps it's an upswing influenced by a weakened schedule, but there cannot be many teams excited to play Cincinnati at this juncture.

Is this a positive post from Utts?!!!
Old 12-05-2012, 03:04 PM
VIP Silver Member

Rep Points: 6847

Tis true (I know I posted this in JB, but what the ell).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...nse/sort/sacks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/c...innati-bengals

Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...player-of-year

October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Old 12-05-2012, 03:49 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 17469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Tis true (I know I posted this in JB, but what the ell).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...nse/sort/sacks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/c...innati-bengals

Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...player-of-year
how is Geno a dark horse. I have heard him be called the best DT in the league a number of times this year and he was a pro bowler last year
Old 12-05-2012, 03:57 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
how is Geno a dark horse. I have heard him be called the best DT in the league a number of times this year and he was a pro bowler last year
I would surmise that as is typical with the sports media, the Bengals always get the short end of the stick. Or at least that is what the author thinks. As the article says;

"Here's what Pro Football Focus had to say about Atkins:

It's criminal how underrated Atkins is. He doesn't get the attention of Ndamukong Suh or have the [accolades] Haloti Ngata does, but he makes plays. When he's finished making those plays, he gets up and makes more plays. It's what he does."

So I would say that the author, one Jamison Hensley doesn't think that Geno is getting the attention or credit he deserves. That's how I interpret it anyway. I didn't talk with him, I just read his article. "Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year", is the title of the article.

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-05-2012 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 PM
VIP Member

Rep Points: 1011

Well I don't have inside access to discuss things with Hensley like Sher Khan does, but I think two other large factors are team performance and the 'wow' factor. JJ Watt makes a lot of attractive highlight plays and has neat-o punny nicknames and such. Geno I think has fewer highlight type plays. He is really really good, and it can be really really boring. Miller and Watt are also on teams that are going to win their division. Their losses combined are fewer than Geno's. To me, that shouldn't factor for an individual award, but I think it does. Maybe Sher Khan can ask Hensley over dinner tonight.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM
VIP Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
Well I don't have inside access to discuss things with Hensley like Sher Khan does, but I think two other large factors are team performance and the 'wow' factor. JJ Watt makes a lot of attractive highlight plays and has neat-o punny nicknames and such. Geno I think has fewer highlight type plays. He is really really good, and it can be really really boring. Miller and Watt are also on teams that are going to win their division. Their losses combined are fewer than Geno's. To me, that shouldn't factor for an individual award, but I think it does. Maybe Sher Khan can ask Hensley over dinner tonight.

I see where I'm going to have to sit the lad down and have a talk. These kids...

October 24, 1937

Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-05-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM
VIP Platinum Member

Rep Points: 26816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
I would surmise that as is typical with the sports media, the Bengals always get the short end of the stick. Or at least that is what the author thinks. As the article says;

"Here's what Pro Football Focus had to say about Atkins:

It's criminal how underrated Atkins is. He doesn't get the attention of Ndamukong Suh or have the [accolades] Haloti Ngata does, but he makes plays. When he's finished making those plays, he gets up and makes more plays. It's what he does."

So I would say that the author, one Jamison Hensley doesn't think that Geno is getting the attention or credit he deserves. That's how I interpret it anyway. I didn't talk with him, I just read his article. "Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year", is the title of the article.

Doesn't even know how to spell his name, that is criminal.