Cincinnati Bengals

Go Back   Cincinnati Bengals Message Boards - Forums > Cincinnati Bengals Football Discussion > Jungle Noise

Jungle Noise Bengals Football Discussion for BENGALS FANS ONLY. Visiting team fans please keep your postings in one of our other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:54 AM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,987
Rep Points: 3793
Default "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..."

Found the comment regarding our ranking in key stats very encouraging. I think this is the sign of a solid, balanced team.

I don't put too much stock in Power Rankings themselves, but I think around 10 is right for now. If we win the next 2, then I'd be looking for a 3-4 spot jump up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-into-week-14

11. Cincinnati Bengals (7-5)

Of the league's "hottest" teams, the Bengals might be the one peaking at the right time. They rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable (points against/for, rushing yards against/for, passing yards against/for, etc.).

Perhaps it's an upswing influenced by a weakened schedule, but there cannot be many teams excited to play Cincinnati at this juncture.
__________________
"One more playoff loss, and I'll have one for the thumb!" - Andy Dalton



http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/...ack-worst-game

Ignore List: OSUfan, Fan_in_Kettering, WhoDeyWho, berserkerone88, BigPapaKain
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 AM
yellowxdiscipline's Avatar
yellowxdiscipline yellowxdiscipline is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: OBX
Posts: 9,104
Rep Points: 10500
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Thats the 3rd power rankings that Ive seen a team that we beat (NY Giants) ranked 2 spots above us.. We blew that team out, and they lost to the Redskins, they shouldnt be ranked in the top 10.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:00 AM
Utts's Avatar
Utts Utts is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,987
Rep Points: 3793
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Thats the 3rd power rankings that Ive seen a team that we beat (NY Giants) ranked 2 spots above us.. We blew that team out, and they lost to the Redskins, they shouldnt be ranked in the top 10.
You have a point. Although, the Giants are going to have fall a little harder, and the Bengals are going to have to win a couple more for perceptions to change.

Perceptions:
- Giants are a late season team, World Champs, poised to "turn it on" at any time
- Bengals are beating bad teams, and prone to collapse
__________________
"One more playoff loss, and I'll have one for the thumb!" - Andy Dalton



http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/11/...ack-worst-game

Ignore List: OSUfan, Fan_in_Kettering, WhoDeyWho, berserkerone88, BigPapaKain
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 AM
Brandon00151 Brandon00151 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Amelia,Ohio
Posts: 754
Rep Points: 1127
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

I don't care what we are statistically as long as we're 6th of better in the AFC in terms of W-L-T on December 31st
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:36 AM
Abspara's Avatar
Abspara Abspara is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rehab for Ignorance
Posts: 2,950
Rep Points: 2788
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Who dey!
__________________
_______________________________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:47 AM
Bryan's Avatar
Bryan Bryan is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,375
Rep Points: 8080
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Hooray, we finally moved away from middle of the pack, now we're slightly higher than average.
__________________
0-6 in the playoffs. 3 different QBs(Kitna, Palmer, Dalton), 3 different OCs(Bratkowski, Gruden, Jackson), 3 different DCs(Bresnahan, Zimmer, Guenther). The one constant? Marvin ****ing Lewis.

Best Run I've Ever Seen

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil for thou art with me thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Treee's Avatar
Treee Treee is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: \(.o)/
Posts: 4,205
Rep Points: 18866
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Hooray, we finally moved away from middle of the pack, now we're slightly higher than average.
Your post would be funny if the title read "rank 14th in every counting stat imaginable".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:23 AM
redsrule2500's Avatar
redsrule2500 redsrule2500 is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 291
Rep Points: 133
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treee View Post
Your post would be funny if the title read "rank 14th in every counting stat imaginable".
I think he was referring to the 11th spot in the power rankings.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Jom112's Avatar
Jom112 Jom112 is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago...
Posts: 6,540
Rep Points: 22380
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Thats the 3rd power rankings that Ive seen a team that we beat (NY Giants) ranked 2 spots above us.. We blew that team out, and they lost to the Redskins, they shouldnt be ranked in the top 10.
That's not how it works. Giants just blew out Green Bay, who blew out Houston. Can't just say we beat the Giants so we should be ranked ahead of them...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-05-2012, 11:29 AM
Brunz Brunz is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CINCINNATI!!!
Posts: 532
Rep Points: 178
Default

One loss and that would all change very fast. Why do you think we haven't got any media attention, because they still dont believe. Oh well, we will keep winning anyways.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
THEBURG THEBURG is offline
VIP Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 9,398
Rep Points: 7448
bengals Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jom112 View Post
That's not how it works. Giants just blew out Green Bay, who blew out Houston. Can't just say we beat the Giants so we should be ranked ahead of them...

We also beat Wash., who just beat their azzzzz.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-05-2012, 12:41 PM
crazyjdawg's Avatar
crazyjdawg crazyjdawg is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Cincy
Posts: 10,237
Rep Points: 20721
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowxdiscipline View Post
Thats the 3rd power rankings that Ive seen a team that we beat (NY Giants) ranked 2 spots above us.. We blew that team out, and they lost to the Redskins, they shouldnt be ranked in the top 10.
They also blew out the Niners and Packers, two top 5 or 10 teams.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
A rookie can hand the ball off just as well as Dalton can.

I'm done.

You'll never see me support Dalton ever again.
Also, pro bowls are now meaningless. They are not valid in defense or in opposition to any viewpoint on the skill level of a player.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-05-2012, 01:38 PM
XenoMorph's Avatar
XenoMorph XenoMorph is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: LV-426
Posts: 37,223
Rep Points: 38228
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjdawg View Post
They also blew out the Niners and Packers, two top 5 or 10 teams.
They are inconsistant another loss or Too and they might fall straight out of the playoffs.

They either forget they have a running game or just eli sling it but its been shown if you can pressure them well enough eli struggles.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-05-2012, 02:39 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,911
Rep Points: 27686
bengals Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utts View Post
Found the comment regarding our ranking in key stats very encouraging. I think this is the sign of a solid, balanced team.

I don't put too much stock in Power Rankings themselves, but I think around 10 is right for now. If we win the next 2, then I'd be looking for a 3-4 spot jump up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...g-into-week-14

11. Cincinnati Bengals (7-5)

Of the league's "hottest" teams, the Bengals might be the one peaking at the right time. They rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable (points against/for, rushing yards against/for, passing yards against/for, etc.).

Perhaps it's an upswing influenced by a weakened schedule, but there cannot be many teams excited to play Cincinnati at this juncture.


Is this a positive post from Utts?!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,768
Rep Points: 7751
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Tis true (I know I posted this in JB, but what the ell).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...nse/sort/sacks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/c...innati-bengals

Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...player-of-year
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:49 PM
Slappy from New Haven's Avatar
Slappy from New Haven Slappy from New Haven is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Cackalaky
Posts: 12,873
Rep Points: 18073
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
Tis true (I know I posted this in JB, but what the ell).

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...nse/sort/sacks

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/c...innati-bengals

Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...player-of-year
how is Geno a dark horse. I have heard him be called the best DT in the league a number of times this year and he was a pro bowler last year
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,768
Rep Points: 7751
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bengal Mike View Post
how is Geno a dark horse. I have heard him be called the best DT in the league a number of times this year and he was a pro bowler last year
I would surmise that as is typical with the sports media, the Bengals always get the short end of the stick. Or at least that is what the author thinks. As the article says;

"Here's what Pro Football Focus had to say about Atkins:

It's criminal how underrated Atkins is. He doesn't get the attention of Ndamukong Suh or have the [accolades] Haloti Ngata does, but he makes plays. When he's finished making those plays, he gets up and makes more plays. It's what he does."

So I would say that the author, one Jamison Hensley doesn't think that Geno is getting the attention or credit he deserves. That's how I interpret it anyway. I didn't talk with him, I just read his article. "Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year", is the title of the article.
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals


Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-05-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:09 PM
AngryPanda's Avatar
AngryPanda AngryPanda is offline
VIP Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 736
Rep Points: 1299
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Well I don't have inside access to discuss things with Hensley like Sher Khan does, but I think two other large factors are team performance and the 'wow' factor. JJ Watt makes a lot of attractive highlight plays and has neat-o punny nicknames and such. Geno I think has fewer highlight type plays. He is really really good, and it can be really really boring. Miller and Watt are also on teams that are going to win their division. Their losses combined are fewer than Geno's. To me, that shouldn't factor for an individual award, but I think it does. Maybe Sher Khan can ask Hensley over dinner tonight.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Sher Khan's Avatar
Sher Khan Sher Khan is offline
VIP Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,768
Rep Points: 7751
Default Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryPanda View Post
Well I don't have inside access to discuss things with Hensley like Sher Khan does, but I think two other large factors are team performance and the 'wow' factor. JJ Watt makes a lot of attractive highlight plays and has neat-o punny nicknames and such. Geno I think has fewer highlight type plays. He is really really good, and it can be really really boring. Miller and Watt are also on teams that are going to win their division. Their losses combined are fewer than Geno's. To me, that shouldn't factor for an individual award, but I think it does. Maybe Sher Khan can ask Hensley over dinner tonight.


I see where I'm going to have to sit the lad down and have a talk. These kids...
__________________


October 24, 1937
Crosley Field in Cincinnati, Ohio
Los Angeles Bulldogs at Cincinnati Bengals


Last edited by Sher Khan; 12-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM
eliminate08's Avatar
eliminate08 eliminate08 is offline
VIP Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Star Valley, Wyoming
Posts: 19,911
Rep Points: 27686
bengals Re: "They (Bengals) rank in the top 14 in the NFL in every counting stat imaginable..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sher Khan View Post
I would surmise that as is typical with the sports media, the Bengals always get the short end of the stick. Or at least that is what the author thinks. As the article says;

"Here's what Pro Football Focus had to say about Atkins:

It's criminal how underrated Atkins is. He doesn't get the attention of Ndamukong Suh or have the [accolades] Haloti Ngata does, but he makes plays. When he's finished making those plays, he gets up and makes more plays. It's what he does."

So I would say that the author, one Jamison Hensley doesn't think that Geno is getting the attention or credit he deserves. That's how I interpret it anyway. I didn't talk with him, I just read his article. "Geno Adkins is Dark Horse for Player of the Year", is the title of the article.


Doesn't even know how to spell his name, that is criminal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012 Cincinnati Bengals. All rights reserved. Do not duplicate in any form without permission of the Cincinnati Bengals.